• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just finished the DLC for Bioshock Infinite. I remember we had a thread that provided clarification on the story for the main game, did we have something similar for the DLC?

The only clarification you need is they tried to force
Bioshock/Rapture
into the storyline for BioInf. Like, really REALLY force it.

My guideless quest on Dark Souls 1 continues.

I guess its time to backtrack and face this Capra Demon I've heard so much here on GAF.
My heart is resolute and my axe is sharp.
Today at night, my quest continues.

Capra Demon? You are already dead.

Grief.exe

So people, in a few weeks The Forst, Transistor and Invisible, Inc (if they reach their goal) are releasing.

Who buys what? Personally, I will probably buy Transistor will GMG credits and The Forest and Invisibile, Inc with Steam wallet funds.

All three!

I have had Invisible, Inc since day one early access.
Transistor with playfire money.
The Forest with wallet funds.

I didn't know Invisible, Inc was this close to a full release. Knowing klei, there will still be frequent post launch support.

Mugatu

Noticed this during the new Wolfenstein trailer....split second after a guy gets blasted in the face...

NiPzc9J.png

Looks almost like his entire facial skin was blown off.

Caerith

I guess its time to backtrack and face this Capra Demon I've heard so much here on GAF.
Capra Demon being hard is just a little in-joke. You actually meet director Frank Capra and play with two puppies while watching It's A Wonderful Life (Arsenic and Old Lace if you're wearing the Old Witch's Ring).

Dr Dogg

Ok downsampling fans getting Child of Light, this gets a much better benefit than Rayman Origins even on 2D forground art.

A bit hacked together and sadly only pics of the menu screen but I am still at work and having to faff around with RDC :p

I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

1080x1920

2540x1440

3200x1800

Couldn't get GeDoSaTo to work but will have a proper play around when I get home. Saying that though even through a remote spotty internet connection and just using 3200x1800 over 1920x1080 really is a marked improvement and really looks like it can make the art shine, moreover if you have a higher resolution monitor.

That sounds even more disappointing than I expected. They could have at least out more effort into the artbook. Poster sounds neat though.

To be fair I wasn't expecting much but the artbook did at least look like it might have been a bit better in the promo shots but they always end up being renders of something in progress. A hard backed one would have been nice (and from someone that speaks to a variety of printers daily can tell you they aren't that expensive to make) but the quality of the selected artwork is very good. A mixture of character and concept art with a few promo pieces. Though as I said it's not really worth the £4 extra or more if you're importing unless things like this appeal to you.

zkylon

zkylewd
My guideless quest on Dark Souls 1 continues.

Yesterday I couldn't play a lot, so I just rushed into the forest, cleared the path of all those Ents and stone giants and reached where I found out that fog door.
I was having fun hacking all plants and accidentally found this summon sign and a nice witch came out. We went upstairs and prepared myself for some awesome boss fight! yes sir! came out of the fog and saw... uh... a nice view, and eerie song, I saw my witch buddy looking up and charging a spell and I saw this lame-ass butterfly boss. That can be the most disappointing boss so far on this game, lame, slow, and always outside of my range. My witch buddy actually took 4/5 of the boss' health herself and I just gave the finishing blow as it came down to rest. This was lame.
Got into another tower and found a dead blacksmith.
Also got a key with this description:

Opens the narrow passage leading below
at the far face of the great bridge in
the Undead Burg.

The lower Undead Burg is a treacherous place.
Do not turn your back on the wily thieves, or
the wild dogs who serve the Capra Demon.

prepare thyself

for the journey ahead of you is full of trials with little respite

may your blade strike true against capra

At least this isn't Jar Jar's feet.

And no, please don't post Jar Jar's feet as a response to this post. In fact, I should probably have never posted this.
i have no idea what you're talking about

Relax.MX

I just finished Brothers: Tale of Two Sons and i love the 2:30 hrs of this cute story.

Dark Souls -> Homefront -> Brothers -> ?

I need a mediocre game ..Dark Sector?

I just finished Brothers: Tale of Two Sons and i love the 2:30 hrs of this cute story.

I loved Brothers, man that game almost break my soul as it really close to home.

Mediocre game? Try Remember Me, good music, so so fighting and awesome visuals and locales.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

What games are in your backlog?

Dark Sector is supposed to be a very average game, though. It's probably a good one to play if you want to play a mediocre game.

Cth

Not until the 1st

I better get Mr. Orange my Forest blurb for the thread.

I've been busy with Souls and Finals and it slipped my mind.

Do we have an updated list of what people are working on?

I'm debating on making one for Tabletop Simulator but if someone's already working on it..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do we have an updated list of what people are working on?

I'm debating on making one for Tabletop Simulator but if someone's already working on it..

Have a look through this thread and see if anybody has claimed it. The OP finally began updating the opening post again but use the search function just to be on the safe side.

Anteater

Just finished ep 2 of Narcissu

oZ7eKVr.png

Second game is considerably longer and with more character development than the first, and I enjoyed it a lot more than the first, being in setsumi and himeko's perspective I think were a lot more interesting than the protagonist of the first game.

I think it's worth the time and they are also free.

_hekk05

Banned
If you are a good person with good taste, you will fucking hate Velvet Assassin after 15 minutes and remove it.
It's a game crossed off you backlog in the quickest time possible!

There's always humanity asset. I quit that game after seeing the title main menu.

Have played nothing but Dark Souls 2 and Croixleur this week... With four days off coming I have no idea what I'm gonna do. Need to plan classes and finish articles as well as prepare for upcoming game releases.

There is just so little time available, argh.

And I keep finding keys from past bundles bumping up my game count and, therefore, my never ending backlog...

I REALLY want to declare war on backlog but not even before declaring it I must admit I lost it.

Maybe you guys can help me, any games that are easy to clear or 100%? (aka, no more than 6-8 hours)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I played through Dark Sector. It's not very memorable. It's better than, say, Dark Void, but I can't imagine you'll be able to remember anything besides "it's black and green and you can throw a spiky blade at bad guys and it's like gears of war sort of but the last boss sucks" a week after you play it. Give it a shot.

I played through Dark Sector. It's not very memorable. It's better than, say, Dark Void, but I can't imagine you'll be able to remember anything besides "it's black and green and you can throw a spiky blade at bad guys and it's like gears of war sort of but the last boss sucks" a week after you play it. Give it a shot.
The only memorable/cool stuff in Dark Sector got pilfered for Warframe anyway.

Caerith

Have played nothing but Dark Souls 2 and Croixleur this week... With four days off coming I have no idea what I'm gonna do. Need to plan classes and finish articles as well as prepare for upcoming game releases.

There is just so little time available, argh.

And I keep finding keys from past bundles bumping up my game count and, therefore, my never ending backlog...

I REALLY want to declare war on backlog but not even before declaring it I must admit I lost it.

Maybe you guys can help me, any games that are easy to clear or 100%? (aka, no more than 6-8 hours)
Go play Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge, while we go through your backlog and make a list for you.

Editville:

Most Telltale games are like 2 hours per episode and don't require any special attention to 100%. Wallace & Gromit (4 episodes), Sam & Max S3 (5 episodes, but you should play S1 & S2 first), Hector (3 episodes), and Back to the Future (5 episodes) are 17 games right there.

Lume and Trauma are both very short and easy to 100%.

The 39 Steps is literally just a book-on-powerpoint (and a pretty fantastic book at that), so no missable achievements there.

I'm assuming the stuff you played less than an hour of was idling for cards? In which case, Stacking is also easy to 100%.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Green Light Bundle finally sent out keys for Beware Planet Earth a few hours ago. Here's mine:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beware Planet Earth -- MB-3873B9B43733E9AA - Taken by Cth

Grief.exe

I've had quite the streak of excellent games.

Resident Evil 4 -> Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -> Year Walk -> Fez -> Portal 2 -> Dark Souls II.

Cth

Have a look through this thread and see if anybody has claimed it. The OP finally began updating the opening post again but use the search function just to be on the safe side.

Thanks, I was thinking more about Steam Recommendations as opposed to an |OT| though.

Speaking of which, thanks for Beware Planet Earth!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Speaking of mediocre games; I put a lot of time into Lucius for some reason.

What weird little game. The mansion is a pretty great setting, in that it has a lot of believable little lived-in details. The deaths are all enoyably grisly. But It's surprisingly rote and humorless. Rote, as in it's really just a puzzle game with one solution per level. There's no riffing on where, who, how, or when of your murders, so you're really just following vague instructions.

And for such a ridiculous concept, it's surprising how seriously the game takes itself. Or maybe it's just incredibly dry humor? I expected a lot more levity for playing as a mute, murderous six year old with a cartoonishly evil devil dad. The most amusing things so far have been glitchy cut scenes in which people sitting inside bookcases have conversations, or curse Lucious as he (unintentionally) hovers two feet off the ground.

I haven't beaten it, and could see forgetting about it finishing it for months if I didn't think I could knock it out in another sitting. I don't know what note to end on other than a half hearted shrug. Seems like a real waste of a fun idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom