• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Funny enough, I did try to play Stacking as you saw but it didn't click much with me... I may try to go back to it.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

FEZ isn't particularly hard or long when only collecting the obvious cubes and you can easily complete the game with them. Not 100% of course.

Deadlight, 5hrs long but most people disliked it way more than I did and there are some unfair parts.

Oh, I know. Gunman Clive, short, not too involving.

Ittle Dew? Ittle Dew!

gabbo

Did you also notice how unnoticeable double barrel shotgun suppressors are?

That blood splatter looks like it's on some glass surface. It's probably some generic blood decal that isn't meant to be used for that purpose.

Ahhh. See I was focused more on the weird gas mask-like black skull shape that's replaced the head more than the weird mid-air blood splat on a wall effect.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, Buka just uploaded Farm Frenzy 4:

Save grandpa and grandma's farm from foreclosure in the wacky and wonderful Farm Frenzy 4! The Farm Frenzy series of casual sims gets a makeover in this ALL NEW sequel. Choose and dress your character, and then get busy saving the family farm! Buy and care for a variety of animals, collect the goods they produce and then manufacture products for sale in town, keeping a close eye on your bank account and the clock to make sure you balance your resources well. Perform challenging tasks for colorful characters, protect your farm from bears and moles, and earn a trophy on each of the game's 90 levels to unlock dozens of achievements!
As you enjoy the brand new Farm Frenzy game, each click of your mouse will award you the money you need to complete your tasks. You can also look for hidden items to fill your meter faster! What's more, with each trophy you win, you'll earn items you can trade for temporary boosts. But the best new feature: love is in the air! Just introduce the chicken to the pig and see what happens!
Virtual farming has never been more fun than in Farm Frenzy 4, so grab yer overalls, roll up yer sleeves and get ready for an egg-crackin', cow-milking, sheep-shearin' good time!

20% off ($5.59) for the next week. I'm actually curious as to the legality of this as the previous games in the series continue to be published by iWin -- in other words, Buka may be doing a Strategy First (presumably without malicious intent, though).

Hmmm... Saoirse Ronan confirmed to play Lux in live-action LoL movie? >.>

Speaking of LoL, Riot has seemingly ignored my request for a Steam key. I just sent a similar e-mail to S2 regarding Savage 2 so here's hoping I have better luck.

Grief.exe

Speaking of LoL, Riot has seemingly ignored my request for a Steam key. I just sent a similar e-mail to S2 regarding Savage 2 so here's hoping I have better luck.

I always thought it would be a great workaround if someone who has the game installed chooses the 'backup' feature then gives you the files to add to your account.

It's really no harm as it is a F2P game.

Alternatively, Family Sharing could be a workaround to this issue.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Nobody guessed my favorite band correctly. So I'll do a raffle. Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Speedrunners -- MB-401729337377AB21 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 32 entrants total.

t1398799757z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So, Buka just uploaded Farm Frenzy 4:

20% off ($5.59) for the next week. I'm actually curious as to the legality of this as the previous games in the series continue to be published by iWin -- in other words, Buka may be doing a Strategy First (presumably without malicious intent, though).

I don't know why I was hoping that would be a Harvest Moon-esque game. Got my hopes up for nothing.

On the bright side, I finally found my copy of Birth of America. Time to relive middle school memories.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, speakin' of them farming games...

Excluding Farming Simulator, what's the most fun in a farm game you've played on PC?

JaseC

Snowbird, of Eador fame, has released a new game:

'Caribbean!' is a sandbox pirate RPG that blends the most engaging melee and firearms combat with naval battles, detailed crew management and the deep atmosphere of the pirate era.

Set in XVII century’s Caribbean region, whose unspeakable riches drew many European powers and pirates into the great fight, the game lets players decide their own role and create their own pirate adventure.

Early Access; $14.99 (set to rise in the future).

Interesting.

What was your strategy contacting Riot then?

I asked if I could receive a Steam key if I were to create an account and buy a bunch of Riot Points.

derExperte

Has someone played through The Last Express lately, preferably on Windows 8? I'm close to picking it up but there's a lot of talk about glitches in the Steam forum.

Making good progress in DkS2. A certain boss I was like "hmm this seems easy" then
WTF WATER EVERYWHERE
, had to replay it like 10 times. So harsh.

Sub Zero

Cool, it looks like a 2006 game but I'll bite since I'm a sucker for pirate themed games. Heard good things about Eador too even though I haven't gotten around to playing it yet

Khronico

I asked if I could receive a Steam key if I were to create an account and buy a bunch of Riot Points.

Wait. A retail Warband mod?

Still looks neat. Definitely a purchase
when it's 75% off

Tellaerin

Good luck, man. Fingers crossed.

(They need to give you a TV show or something. "Big Game Hunter with JaseC", where they follow you around as you try to track down the most obscure games and get Steam keys for them.)

Firehead

Yeah, you won't have any luck with getting any steam keys from Riot. I've already tried many times to get one. They've completely disassociated themselves from Valve and Steam and will not humour any requests.

I've been looking for a way to get the LoL CE on Steam for years and haven't had any luck either... If you ever find a way, please, message me, JaseC. >_>

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Seems like a lot of people don't remember that there used to be some *very* long threads here, like the Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread.

@Sub Zero: just saw the metal mentions, and since no one guessed, which is your favourite band?
Given you mention Nightwish with Tarja as the former fav, I'll go with Epica

I'll have you know that I prefer yerba mate.
Cold mate is worst mate.

Why is there an arbitrary limit at 400 then?
Because not much after 20K posts with many active users (on the forum and said thread) vBulletin starts doing weird shit. The latest example of that was the WC2010 thread IIRC, it got to like 25K posts and then the forum broke.

Do you people live in the future? We are only on page 201.
People using inferior 50ppp option.

JaseC

Good luck, man. Fingers crossed.

(They need to give you a TV show or something. "Big Game Hunter with JaseC", where they follow you around as you try to track down the most obscure games and get Steam keys for them.)

Haha, the extra publicity would probably prove helpful!

Yeah, you won't have any luck with getting any steam keys from Riot. I've already tried many times to get one. They've completely disassociated themselves from Valve and Steam and will not humour any requests.

I've been looking for a way to get the LoL CE on Steam for years and haven't had any luck either... If you ever find a way, please, message me, JaseC. >_>

It's a little stupid, really; I'm not interested in playing the game so Riot's not going to see a cent from me unless it obliges. In a perfect world, publishers realising there's some money to be made by humouring collectors would be the rule rather than the exception (this is the part where I say Exor and Longbow are awesome).

louiedog

The Humble Bundle today will be comics, not games.

It seems like after it's over ebooks, audiobooks, and comics will have a separate tab so you won't have to worry about non-game (unless music?) bundles anymore.

Divius

Finished Deus Ex: HR. Pretty fun game, reminded me of MGS. I was mostly sneaking and didnt't really fire any of my guns so I'm contemplating starting it again with guns just for the experience and any sidequests I may have missed.

Grief.exe

It's also EVE Online week with 75% off a starter pack an up to 27% off subscriptions to celebrate Fanfest.

Damn, seems pretty pointless for me as I am currently mired in Dark Souls II and Finals

Please note that your EVE Online account becomes active immediately after purchase and starts using the 30 days of game time included in the Starter Pack. Should you experience any problems with logging into the game, please contact EVE Online Customer Support team via email: support@eveonline.com.

Sub Zero

Nice giveaway, heard good things about that game. Is your favourite band My Chemical Romance?
@Sub Zero: just saw the metal mentions, and since no one guessed, which is your favourite band?
Given you mention Nightwish with Tarja as the former fav, I'll go with Epica

Current fav is Sabaton. If I had given away more hints someone could have found it but unfortunately I fell asleep :p

Japle

Neo Member
Try Electronic Super Joy. Its a great platformer with an amazing soundtrack. It will take about 4-5 hours to complete and outside of a few hard levels its a very enjoyable ride.

Agreed! And the levels are rather short making it possible to enjoy the game in shorter bursts if the need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom