• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh sweet a new Humb.....

hBE2763B5

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Devs actually stated on FB during Winter Sale that they don't have any plans for discounting the game for a long time.
Then I don't have any plans for buying the season passes for a long time. Their loss.

I was ready, but I still feel empty inside because I can't buy another bundle of games. First world problems defined.

I also find it weird that the Walking Dead volumes would be 1 and 20 rather than 1 and 2.
It's like the inclusion of Dead Space 1 and 3 in the Origin bundle. Gotta make sure people want to buy the stuff inbetween.
I bought DS2 before playing less than 40 minutes of DS1 and not really liking it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Let's see
- Volume 1 of a bunch of comic series I've never heard of for PWYW
- Volume 1 of some series I've heard of for BTA
- Volume 1 and the most recent volume of TWD for an astronomical sum (the digital volumes are only maybe $15 combined)
- The charity is the Comic Book Industry's legal bills (not an actual charity)

We haven't had a proper games bundle since February, they did have that one back in April but it was both PC and Android games.

mpKZg.png

The Facebook comments are hilarious too, people complaining but others telling them off because it's for charity anyway. The point of the bundles in reality is that the better the stuff on offer, the more money they will raise.

Let's see
- Volume 1 and the most recent volume of TWD for an astronomical sum (the digital volumes are only maybe $15 combined)

You're right, it's just a non-profit organisation, they're not the same thing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
THE OIL BLUE! Holy shit!

Almost certainly not getting a Steam release, chubigans has explained before that the game's source is damaged in a way that he can't update it with the features he'd like to put into a Steam release and he had intended to remove it from Greenlight as a result. Still a great little game though.

Cth

Let's see

For what it's worth, everyone of the volumes are really good reads.

That being said, all are readily available at the local library (generally)

As far as the charity goes, it actually is charity in the sense that a lot of industry pros have been ripped off for years and are without the ability to defend themselves when it comes to things like being sued for obsenity ("Comics are for kids! Get your pitchfork!")

To summarize: It's worth a $1 if your library doesn't have them.

mrgone

Looking forward to Echo of the Wilds.

Didn't he pull it from greenlight?

Almost certainly not getting a Steam release, chubigans has explained before that the game's source is damaged in a way that he can't update it with the features he'd like to put into a Steam release and he had intended to remove it from Greenlight as a result. Still a great little game though.

True enough, but at least it's through now if he ever does decide to revisit it (though I guess if he ever did it'd likely be post-greenlight anyways). It's a great game for many of the same reasons that CSD is, and I love it lots. At the very least it's a warm fuzzy feelin' that it's through after being left in the pile for so long.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Textbook definition of weeaboo

That selfie and hashtag yolo swag though.
I don't know which script is worse between this and HuniePop

And still no Foiled, one of the best local MP games on PC.

Foiled is definitely one I want to see make it through soon.

I also really want to see others make it through, like Boon Hill, Once Upon an Apocalypse, and Serpent in the Staglands, along with The Sea Will Claim Everything, of course.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My greenlight collection got totally decimated by this batch of 75, so I'm down to 39 games remaining. I've voted on everything on Greenlight, around 2700 titles in total. If you're looking for great games on greenlight that haven't made the cut yet, but you don't want to wade through random garbage, click here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179798494

You've never heard of Fatale? Ed Brubaker/Sean Phillips? Saga, one of the most hyped non-superhero books going? This is about as good as a comics bundle could be, so I guess the medium isn't going to connect with you in this kind of setting.

This is not remotely as good as a comic bundle could be; it could, for example, include self-contained works or full series so that it's not a teaser designed to upsell you on further stuff. It could offer an actual discount on the Walking Dead to satisfy the pay what you want spirit of the original Humble Bundles instead of the "we sell you stuff" spirit of the recent ones. It could have an actual charity choice. It could have content that diversifies beyond fantasy in genre.

I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of people for whom this is a good value. It definitely doesn't line up with stuff that's interesting to me, though.

fantomena

Im not sure if anybody here is able to answer this question, but here you go.

The situation: 2 days ago I received an email from Excalibur Publishing, the publisher behind the upcoming Steam game Farming World that they will send me a review code soon.

They also asked me if I can publish a link to my review when my review is done on the store page on Steam.

The question: How the hell do I publish a review link on a Steam store page? Are journalists/media/press able to do that?

The situation: 2 days ago I received an email from Excalibur Publishing, the publisher behind the upcomign Steam game Farming World that the ywill send me a review code soon.

They also asked me if I can publish a link to my review when my review is done on the store page on Steam.

The question: How the hell do I publish a review lonk on a Steam store page? Are journalists/media/press able to do that?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/277500/
Amazing trailer

10/10

They can publish this review if they want

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Alternative: Upload it to Steam anyway and offer keys to those who want it. ;)

Nabs

The situation: 2 days ago I received an email from Excalibur Publishing, the publisher behind the upcomign Steam game Farming World that the ywill send me a review code soon.

The question: How the hell do I publish a review lonk on a Steam store page? Are journalists/media/press able to do that?

Something like this: http://steamcommunity.com//id/Aroyokijirou/recommended/230840/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Mozilla is pushing out Firefox version 29 to it's users. The currently published version of Enhanced Steam for Firefox (v5.9.1) doesn't work with this version.

For people having issues with Enhanced Steam and Firefox 29, you'll need to download version 6.0 or later directly from Mozilla. The version of Enhanced Steam that's compatible with Firefox 29 was sent to Mozilla 4 weeks ago and still hasn't been approved by their code review team.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case anyone was having problems with it.

Zia

It could have content that diversifies beyond fantasy in genre.

I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of people for whom this is a good value. It definitely doesn't line up with stuff that's interesting to me, though.

Now fantasizing of a Humble Fantagraphics or D&Q bundle.

Skyrim question: Can anyone tell me if using the console disables achievements? I want to try a couple things like making my Followers dual wield (I hate how they don't do it automatically) and resetting some of my perk points so I can try one-handed weapon perks vs two-handed perks. I won't do it if it disables my achievements though.

Well SteamGAF, meet the newly-released Early Access title called Caribbean!. If it looks familiar, that's because it's obviously based upon Mount&Blade. Right now, it looks to be nothing more than a rather ambitious mod of some kind.
(Any comparison between the title "Caribbean!" and Firaxis' "Sid Meier's Pirates!" is purely concidental, I'm sure.)

It purports to be an open world/sandbox Pirate-venture "that blends the most engaging melee and firearms combat with naval battles, detailed crew management and the deep atmosphere of the pirate era." (from the Store page).

I'd suggest tempering any expectations you may have right now, because the developer of Caribbean! previously made Eador: Master of the Broken World, a flawed remake/update of their previous game, Eador: Genesis.

Annubis

Skyrim question: Can anyone tell me if using the console disables achievements? I want to try a couple things like making my Followers dual wield (I hate how they don't do it automatically) and resetting some of my perk points so I can try one-handed weapon perks vs two-handed perks. I won't do it if it disables my achievements though.

Why not get mods for those things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom