• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I compiled download stats through the end of March.

download_chart_4_14.png

This includes all downloads - Chrome, Standalone, Firefox, and Opera.

Basically - you guys rock. Also, keep spreading the word!

Tizoc

Have at it everyone!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-froid -- MB-A25596A84F6B1CE4
A-Train 8 -- MB-309109F8D145D92C
Epigenesis -- MB-5FE9780CC4E47AEC
A New Beginning -- MB-1E4DE5A0C4621DBD
Half Minute Hero -- MB-777010CB49EF4092

t1396714462z1.png

I think the perfect fit would actually be Muramasa: The Demon Blade

ibuWTpJHvSMHsu.gif

Hnnnnng, dem graphics. Thanks for reminding me about Muramasa — I actually never finished that game even though I loved it. I beat the story on the guy character and started on the girl character, but then I bought Xenoblade... I've barely touched any of my other Wii games since.

fantomena

download_chart_4_14.png

I pushed a friend earlier this week to download ES for his Chrome. He loved it. :)

Tizoc

My biggest gripe with Muramasa was that the combat just felt repetitive for me. It's a game you'd play in small bursts.

Gimme Dragon's Crown first though I'd double dip on Amazon's ass dat ish.

Parsnip

All the Zelda games from TP and forward are trash, don't bother. Nintendo destroyed the series for me when they made Link right handed because of some ***** motion sensor control.

That's why smart people played TP on Cube and had a ton of fun with it.

Dambrosi

Banned
I think the newer Rune Factory 4 and Harvest Moon: A New Beginning would actually work well as they are, mainly, 3D assets and could natively scale to higher resolutions.

I think the perfect fit would actually be Muramasa: The Demon Blade

ibuWTpJHvSMHsu.gif
Oh yes, DO want. Muramasa needs an HD edition like the Chosen Undead needs souls.

Speaking of which, I finally pre-ordered Dark Souls 2 for PC today. And now we play the waiting game...

Oh, and I got the Be Mine 12 bundle ($1 tier for now), so here's a freebie:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Dambrosi:
AMADEUS AMADEUS
AAAAAAAMADEUS AMADEUS AMADEUS
AAAAAAAMADEUS AMADEUS AMADEUS
ROOO-ROOOCK ME AMADEUS
[Ah-c'mon Rock me, Amadeus!]

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A New Beginning: Final Cut -- MB-2760D0C3303F30DB - Taken by Kiru. 4 entrants total.

t1396629278z1.png
I dunno why I thought of that song, it's appropos of nothing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmm.. interesting.

This DLC came out in 2010, but it's being featured on the Steam homepage carousel.

Someone screwed up something somewhere.

Nah, you rock! I only use the client to add games and run them. Everything else on Enhanced Steam.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm just not going to bother with playfire. Looking up which games I should be playing in a certain window seems like a small sort of chore.
This is exactly what I just told a friend of mine. I don't want to play a game only because Playfire asks me to, and having to get certain achievements so I can gain a few cents. It's a nice thing, sure, but I'd rather not turn games into a job.

Grief.exe

Hmm.. interesting.

This DLC came out in 2010, but it's being featured on the Steam homepage carousel.

Activision have been adding the mac version to both MW2 and MW3 for Steamplay the past month or so. Could have something to do with that.

How long does it usually take for you guys to get Playfire to recognize that you've unlocked certain achievements or played a game for the first time?

I've unlocked several of the award achievements over the last few days (since they got the issue resolved with my account) but I haven't got any credit for those things. The earliest ones I haven't been credited for were on Tuesday.

I understand if it takes time - I'm not complaining about that. I'm just wondering if I should be writing down each award I should be due then checking to see if it's actually been unlocked on my account. At that point, I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle.

It takes some time, that's for sure. I'm sitting on a few from the last couple days waiting to sink over.

Going in for more Flappy Goat, I can't let that '9' stand. Whish me luck.

god speed dude. I'm struggling trying to get to 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

A strange and twisted world...Harvester! The most violent adventure game of all time come to Steam!

$5.99. Published by Night Dive. It's not quite Grim Fandango, but, hey, baby steps. :p

Grief.exe

Achievements aren't showing up on the store pages for Enhanced Steam, I have the option selected in the settings.

Do I need to update the extension manually?

jshackles

Achievements aren't showing up on the store pages for Enhanced Steam, I have the option selected in the settings.

Do I need to update the extension manually?

Which version of Enhanced Steam do you have?

Also, achievements on the store page rely on our server retrieving the data. And our server is on the verge of crashing at the moment.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Interesting, Harvester released on GOG just one month ago, which ostensibly suggests that CDPR is loosening its exclusivity clause, which itself makes sense when you consider the likes of KISS have been opting for Steam releases ahead of GOG releases (e.g. Chicken Shoot is on Steam but not GOG).

I actually think that would frowned. Look, while they haven't restricted it in such a way yet, I think the overall intent of this beta program is to encourage people to buy games from GMG for the purpose of unlocking rewards, not necessarily to give people freebies for games they've bought elsewhere months or years ago. I don't see how that would be sustainable in the long term.

I view it in a similar light to those Amazon credits, as far as the purpose.

I don't think you're right on the overall intent of the beta program. At least not in the intent of "you should've bought it from GMG to be eligible." Since they have your Playfire, Steam, and GMG accounts linked, they could easily cross reference stuff you bought from them and only make THOSE achievements eligible, but they don't.

I think the intent is that if people get some credit from playing the games they own, they'll be more likely to buy their next game from you. So you're right, in a sense, it is a mechanism for generating sales... as far as I'm concerned, if someone wants to put the time in to re-earn a bunch of achievements from a game they already own to get a $1 in credit to put toward a game at GMG, it's not like you're abusing the system. It's not like you're abusing the system.

Now if we could get radMonkey to wander in here and see the discussion, I'm sure he could put a final word of sorts on what's cool and what's not.

WW only true fault is that it's a really easy game, and that the triforce quest can be somewhat grating. WWHD fixed both apparently, so it's one of the best Zelda games now.

I agree with most of this, except dungeons. The difficulty and design was like a Gauss bell, with Arbiter's Grounds being the high point.

I could not agree with you less.
WW's full of faults. It's only real pro was that the art style was cool and it's allowed the game to age wonderfully. Otherwise, it's an empty world with the least amount of dungeons ever put in a 3D Zelda game and only 2 of those actually live up to what I was expecting after OoT (I'm not sure about SS, but I'll probably never play that cause... Wii.). The game is short, traveling in the overworld is boring and goes beyond annoyance, especially with the terrible warp system. It's one of the first games I remember being so disappointed and so angry about that I was happy when it ended so quickly and I could sell/trade it for a high price.

TP has some problems but, for me, it stands towering over the abysmal entry that was WW. A huge complaint with TP was that the delays and decision to delay it's release and save it for the Wii launch -- you can see how some of the design was drastically altered in later dungeons for this (the sky dungeon in particular... that boss fight was *designed* for the wii mote).

Soul Sacrifice on PC would be gorgeous. Honestly, I would much rather get a Monster Hunter game, but it will never happen, so... Soul Sacrifice would be good enough.

Soul Sacrifice > Monster Hunter, all day, every day.
But you'd be more likely to get a MH game on PC -- hell, they already had a subscription based MH in Japan, so if Capcom thought there was a PC market for it and they could make money, they'd probably release on PC.

Did GMG get rid of the credit you can get by pre-ordering Dark Souls 2? I was going to use coupon + rewards to get it for cheap but I don't see it anymore.

Of course not. If there's a 25% discount coupon, they're not going to leave the credit active. That's way too good of a deal.

Hnnnnng, dem graphics. Thanks for reminding me about Muramasa — I actually never finished that game even though I loved it. I beat the story on the guy character and started on the girl character, but then I bought Xenoblade... I've barely touched any of my other Wii games since.

Screw Wii. Play the better version on Vita instead. And hope for a PC release eventually.

My biggest gripe with Muramasa was that the combat just felt repetitive for me. It's a game you'd play in small bursts.

Gimme Dragon's Crown first though I'd double dip on Amazon's ass dat ish.

Dragon's Crown PC would be amazing. Would buy again instantly.

Going in for more Flappy Goat, I can't let that '9' stand. Whish me luck.

Good luck dude. I hit 9 miraculously last night (and new I would choke). I then became consumed with Flappy Nyan Goat and zoned out until I hit 13.

Good luck. That achievement was a toughy.

Yes. I was so close to beating you! :p

Hmm.. interesting.

Hahaha, too bad it's not a sale. I still need to pick up a PC key for MW2.

===

Hahaha, what the hell... what a screenshot:

jshackles

louiedog

I think I'm just not going to bother with playfire. Looking up which games I should be playing in a certain window seems like a small sort of chore.

Of course if circumstances align and I get some small amount of credit, I guess that's okay.

That's what I do. don't play every game that has rewards just because I own it. I've had Psychonauts on Steam forever but won't play through it again (relax, people. i've played it, just not on steam) this week just because I'll get a dollar in GMG rewards.

It is nice when it lines up though, and that extra reward is useful. I just got Type:Rider from Humble and wanted to play it in the next week or two. The rewards are good incentive to make it happen and not let it get lost in my backlog. I wanted Goat simulator but was going to wait for a sale. $8-$10 from GMG and $10+ back in rewards got me to pick it up immediately.

It's probably not going to happend but It would be cool if Age of Empires III got a Steam update like AoEII and AoM. No change Microsoft does that for free anyway :/

derExperte

god speed dude. I'm struggling trying to get to 2.

That's me before yesterday. Terrible at everything Flappy. But keep practicing my friend and one day you too will rule the Flappy leaderboards.

Good luck. That achievement was a toughy.

Your words of ecouragement have given my right middle finger new strengh and guided him to achieve things never thought possible before.

http://abload.de/img/2014-04-04_000012fsjh.jpg

Now how do I get that music out of my head?

Grief.exe

It's probably not going to happend but It would be cool if Age of Empires III got a Steam update like AoEII and AoM. No change Microsoft does that for free anyway :/

Do you mean adding in Steam Achievements and other features? Age of Empires III is already available on Steam and doesn't have GFWL, so there is no express need to update the game.

Nope, that's the latest one. Achievements should be showing up on game pages for games that have them. The issue is probably our server which dies now for about an hour a day between 10am and 11am.

I'll keep checking back and let you know. I've never actually seen them show up, this is just the first time I've mentioned the issue.

Nabs

Good luck dude. I hit 9 miraculously last night (and new I would choke). I then became consumed with Flappy Nyan Goat and zoned out until I hit 13.

Yes. I was so close to beating you! :p

Your words of ecouragement have given my right middle finger new strengh and guided him to achieve things never thought possible before.

http://abload.de/img/2014-04-04_000012fsjh.jpg

Now how do I get that music out of my head?

iby7GhgZIs4REA.gif

We have all become the flappy goat.

Do you mean adding in Steam Achievements and other features? Age of Empires III is already available on Steam and doesn't have GFWL, so there is no express need to update the game.

Yeah, I would kill for Steam achievements, cards, workshop and cloud integration. KILL.

The other Broken Sword games are off too but I'm skeptical about buying any due to the Humble Bundle extra games. If anything, I'm guessing the third one is the only safe one as it's not on Android yet.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody know the website "G2A"? Scam or safe? I won't link to it for obvious reason but my friend is looking for BF4 and they have it for 35$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom