• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

We have all become the flappy goat.

I know I should never touch the flapping goat again but after reaching 10 it was like being in trance, the world slowed down around me, rainbows flew out of my arse and everything was well, I thought it would never stop. I must go back, must relive the glorious moments. Only one more try. Brb.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well if I ever get an Oculus Rift powered by Facebook I know I have one game that works with it! Half Minute Hero 2!
D1F60C402D8035CAC96B5624E719A60B2C0884DE

Anybody know the website "G2A"? Scam or safe? I won't link to it for obvious reason but my friend is looking for BF4 and they have it for 35$.

It's not an official retailer, but most people seem to have had no problems with them. So they're not a "scam".
The low prices definitely come with a certain risk though.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha yep and just as the daily deal update timer kicked in Ace Combat went back to it's original price. I do wonder if anyone at either Valve or the publishers keep an eye on these things or just expect everything to run like clockwork?

Speaking of prices is Spartan Assault really meant to be that cheap? I know it's got some bad press but even £3.99 is 50% less than what Microsoft are charging for it on 360.

Nope, that's the latest one. Achievements should be showing up on game pages for games that have them. The issue is probably our server which dies now for about an hour a day between 10am and 11am.

Not as cool as this one! ;)

Haha, it looks like my screenshot saw your screen shot...

I know I should never touch the flapping goat again but after reaching 10 it was like being in trance, the world slowed down around me, rainbows flew out of my arse and everything was well, I thought it would never stop. I must go back, must relive the glorious moments. Only one more try. Brb.

Once I hit the achievement, I decided to go as far as I could. When I was done, I immediately quit and do not think rainbows will be flying out of my ass any time soon.

Backlogger

Quick, everyone buy Halo SA so that MS sees the benefit of putting their games on Steam

Edit: Weird, I was expecting it to be $9.99

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha yep and just as the daily deal update timer kicked in Ace Combat went back to it's original price. I do wonder if anyone at either Valve or the publishers keep an eye on these things or just expect everything to run like clockwork?

Speaking of prices is Spartan Assault really meant to be that cheap? I know it's got some bad press but even £3.99 is 50% less than what Microsoft are charging for it on 360.

Shh, Microsoft is learning! Don't look a (relative) gift horse in the mouth!

Cth

A list of the newly-greenlit stuff that has been bundled can be found here. Previous batches (note that these aren't kept up-to-date because that would be a ridiculous amount of work):

- (2014) March 19th batch
- (2014) March 4th batch
- (2014) February 19th batch
- (2014) February 5th batch
- (2014) January 21st batch
- (2014) January 7th batch
- (2013) December 4th batch
- (2013) November 12th batch
- (2013) October 29th batch
- (2013) October 16th batch
- (2013) October 2nd batch (McDroid, Vox and Zombies were also IndieGameStand deals)
- (2013) September 18th batch (both games were also IndieGameStand deals)
- (2013) August 28th batch

Any idea how to get keys that aren't showing up in our key area?

(IE: Dysfunctional Systems for Let's Build a Doujin bundle on Groupees isn't showing for me just Desura)

EDIT:
Same with Project Night for me.

derExperte

I paid 5.99€ on the W8 app store so it looks about right. And I don't quite get the hate, it's not a deep game and there's some IAP (which can be ignored easily) but if you want a simple top-down shooter there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Spartan Assault is even cheaper on the W8 store right now, although you don't get achievements or trading cards. :p

You get achievments. The Xbox ones.

Thanks very much for Super Hexagon!

Thanks, ChimpanzeeThat!

You're welcome, enjoy!

Sid Meir sale up on Gamefly

I've only been actively buying games for my PC since December but i've now realised i'm hitting the wall with a lot of sales, especially since i got all of those games in the Humble Bundle they done a couple of months back!

Same deal with the latest bundles as it goes, i have most of the games so i'm just gifting the rest.

Grief.exe

Got a couple of cool Kickstarter/Greenlight projects that I have found recently.

Planets^3

Looks like a voxel-based minecraft clone with a gorgeous artstyle and RPG elements. You can build your own vehicles, weapons, and character to explore the world and universe.
Reminds me of No Man's Sky in a lot of ways.

Greenlight
Kickstarter (30 hours remaining)
Trailer

ConceptUnderworld_full_rez.jpg

0C82100B574B740B124FEB7D1CB4E54B87D9814A

Coshmoria is an interesting concept that was just Greenlit in the latest batch.

It looks like you reseed a dying galaxy with life as aliens and indigenous space monsters try to kill you. Great soundtrack.

Greenlight
Kickstarter (26 days remaining)
Trailer

007e6e98d7770a2f352c5e094aed2e04_large.gif

ab89dbbce344dae22f3b3906362d758a_large.gif

They even thank GAF on the Kickstarter page!

- Homies @ Facebook, Twitter, SteamCommunity, NeoGAF & QBN for the amazing support & feedback.

FloatOn

call me crazy but I really feel like halo reach invalidated all of the other halo games.

it's the only one I'd probably rebuy if it hit steam.

edit: also I'd ignore everything halo if bungie stopped being a dick and put destiny on steam.

Oh my god, Harvester is on Steam. Hilarious.

Probably going to grab Half-Minute Hero 2 as the first game on the PSP was incredible and I did everything in it. Wonder what the Oculus support is.

Backlogger

Got a couple of cool Kickstarter/Greenlight projects that I have found recently.

Planets^3

Looks like a voxel-based minecraft clone with a gorgeous artstyle and RPG elements. You can build your own vehicles, weapons, and character to explore the world and universe.
Reminds me of No Man's Sky in a lot of ways.

This one looks really good/interesting. Its more like a "minecraft" evolution than a clone though in terms of the graphics

Dr Dogg

I paid 5.99€ on the W8 app store so it looks about right. And I don't quite get the hate, it's not a deep game and there's some IAP (which can be ignored easily) but if you want a simple top-down shooter there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

Huh didn't know that, even Microsoft is in on the console tax. I've had a muck about with the demo version on 360. Seams alright and does what it supposed to. Some Halo fans can be a bit over protective though I guess.

edit: also I'd ignore everything halo if bungie stopped being a dick and put destiny on steam.

Reading through the Acti/Bungie contract a few months back I get the feeling the first we'll see on Destiny on PC let alone Steam is Destiny 2: The Fatening. Unless anything has changed the first was only intended for 360, Xbox One. A PS3 version was only on the cards if Bungie could achieve feature and performance parity by a certain date and the only mention of a Windows version is for Destiny #2.

Just tried Project Spark on W8. It is really a good idea and certainly looks fun but I noticed that my PC isn't a Xbox One. It really lags and that lag kills the fun of instant creation. But I wish this existed at the time of Spore.

Grief.exe

Ubisoft went ahead and put the exfgls distinction on Watch Dogs restricting its use of the Family Share service due to Uplay.

Strange that Child of Light doesn't have that distinction already.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ubisoft went ahead and put the exfgls distinction on Watch Dogs restricting its use of the Family Share service due to Uplay.

Strange that Child of Light doesn't have that distinction already.

Ubisoft is very inconsistent with that tag. I wouldn't read into it any further at the moment.

JustinBB7

Uhhhh what. 60 euros normally without the pre-order discount?

Go fuck yourself ubi. PC games are already overpriced in Europe, but they would at least be 50 besides Call Of Duty..

Dambrosi

Banned
I pre-ordered the DVD version of Dark Souls 2 off of GMG today, and didn't think to check my email. I've just checked it and, lo and behold, they sent me an exclusive-to-me code for 25% off the digital version.

Fuck my life.

Still, at least it's on its way now, so I can't complain too much. SUN PRAISING INTENSIFIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom