• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Just wanted to say that fantomena is a very nice person, thx again dude!

Somebody fucked up with the Watch Dogs price in Brazil because it comes to under $6 USD.

Oh my. I got in for $2 when Ubisoft f'd up the Russian price on Uplay but if some nice Brazilian GAFer....

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243470/

Watch Dogs is up for pre-order.

ouch at that price. Holding off after the downgradaton that happened with consoles, but I thought I saw that PC will be much better (some dev diary or some shit?)

Somebody fucked up with the Watch Dogs price in Brazil because it comes to under $6 USD.

Seems region locked though

Notice: Purchases made in Brazil can only be added to your library if you are in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay and Venezuela.

Dr Dogg

Stockpile it up quick. Then again it's guarnteed to be region restricted. The store page doesn't even load in the UK and comes up with the 'Sorry not available in your region' message. Going to be £39.99 anyway and I'm sure I can wait for a sale price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does Steam do anything if you circumvent the cross trading flag? I'll pay $15 for a BR copy if they don't.

I wouldn't recommend it. You're technically using a VPN to circumvent region-specific pricing on Steam directly.

I've never actually finished a Ubisoft openworld game. I think about the farthest I get in your average Assassin's Creed is 10-12 hours and I just sorta stop.

hohoXD123

With GMG only offering uPlay codes and WD being $60 on Steam I'm not sure I'll get the PC version till it goes on sale. Might just Gamefly it on PS4 and hope it doesn't melt my console.

I'm still hoping that my £5 price glitch on Play.com gets honoured, hasn't been cancelled over the last 4 months so fingers crossed.

JaseC

Is Watch Dogs region locked or something? Is it possible for a person in Brazil to buy it for me as a gift?

Yes, but you'd need to use a VPN to activate it, which technically falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to avoid region-specific pricing on Steam directly, which Valve doesn't like. You'd be playing with fire.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
lol, can't believe I was here for this. I usually don't pre-order but when I do it's Watch Dogs price error.

Anyone lives in Brazil? PM me! I'll send money over PayPal for Watch Dogs.
Sorry man, I just got your PM but the price is now fixed back to R$ 129,99. :/

okayfrog

Banned
Uplay is mandatory for Ubi's internally-developed titles as per corporate policy.

It's little facts like this that impress me, Jase. Though I'm sure you have all information on uPlay at like the surface of your brain, able to be grabbed at a moment's notice.

Dr Dogg

Bold prediction: Ubi will let AMD or Nvidia bundle this with their new cards and it will be dirt cheap on eBay.

After ACIV got put with pretty much every Nvidia card available last year I'd say that's a very high possibility. Though for the cheap price you got a lovely UPlay key!

What normally happens in this case? I know that when a game is already launched, they can't really do anything and everyone who boughts it after fixing the price gets the game, but what about pre-orders?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
After ACIV got put with pretty much every Nvidia card available last year I'd say that's a very high possibility. Though for the cheap price you got a lovely UPlay key!

With games like this, I'd rather just have them on UPlay because it's just 1 less DRM layer to deal with.

Salsa

Don't Zyklon and Salsa live in one of those regions, hope they're awake!

god fucking dammit

7extonly tried to warn me but I couldnt make it in time

to clarify: I live in a region where getting that version gifted would work, but I cant buy from the brazilian store, someone would have had to do it for me

JaseC

It's little facts like this that impress me, Jase. Though I'm sure you have all information on uPlay at like the surface of your brain, able to be grabbed at a moment's notice.

Ask me when Valve was founded and I'll say "Gabe Newell's wedding day in 1996."
Ask me where Saoirse Ronan was born and I'll say "The Bronx, New York."
Ask me when my brother's birthday is and I'll say "Hell if I know."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom