• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
god fucking dammit

7extonly tried to warn me but I couldnt make it in time

to clarify: I live in a region where getting that version gifted would work, but I cant buy from the brazilian store, someone would have had to do it for me

fuck why didn't you wake me

we could've both been vigilantes

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
god fucking dammit

7extonly tried to warn me but I couldnt make it in time

to clarify: I live in a region where getting that version gifted would work, but I cant buy from the brazilian store, someone would have had to do it for me

Oh, so he's your friend but not mine. That's how it is. *pout*

It's because the way i bought it, they sorta could do that. I buy using Boa Compra, which helps Valve with costumers using National Credit Cards.

Easier still would be reversing orders that were paid with Steam Wallet funds, but it hasn't happened.

Dr Dogg

With games like this, I'd rather just have them on UPlay because it's just 1 less DRM layer to deal with.

True but you do have to deal with Ubi's content delivery system which is like being stuck in a timewarp. ACIV was fine (although patches were distributed later than Steam ones) but Splinter Cell: Blacklist was an exercise in pure frustration from a time before Steam. I can't remember the last time I had to manually download patches and apply them one by one over the top of each other but combined with their infrastructure and lack of information was way more hassle than it should have been.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's because the way i bought it, they sorta could do that. I buy using Boa Compra, which helps Valve with costumers using National Credit Cards.
Was the order already processed? Since there's a small delay with Boa Compra, if you haven't received the confirmation e-mail yet and the game has not entered your account I could see the order being cancelled. I hope it goes through if it hasn't yet, keep us posted!

I actually started using the Steam Wallet because of that delay, and a few other issues I had with Boa Compra during the last Steam sale.

Was the order already processed? Since there's a small delay with Boa Compra, if you haven't received the confirmation yet and the game hadn't enter your account I could see the order being cancelled. I hope it goes through if it hasn't yet, keep us posted!

I actually started using the steam wallet because of that delay, and a few other issues I had with Boa Compra during the last Steam sale.
It's on the "Waiting for Approval" phase, so no exactly processed yet D:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, if the transaction hasn't actually completed then I can see it being denied. I've never encountered such a situation before so I'm interested in whether or not it goes through.

maty

Was anyone from Brasil able to buy Watch Dogs with the price mistake? If you can get a 2nd copy I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands ;)

@Fuu, according to the store page, you own the game already. Did the transaction go through?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Was anyone from Brasil able to buy Watch Dogs with the price mistake? If you can get a 2nd copy I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands ;)

@Fuu, according to the store page, you own the game already. Did the transaction go through?
It did, I used Steam Wallet funds though so the transaction was processed immediately without having to go through Boa Compra.

Unfortunately I was in such a rush I didn't even think of purchasing more than one copy, and as soon as I bought it the price was already fixed to R$129.99.

derExperte

May have already been mentioned but the Battleblock Theater Beta has been extended.

We know that a week of playing BattleBlock Theater would feel too short, and on top of that, the beta has been going so well with all your contributions. In fact, we've been getting so much great info, that we've decided to extend the beta a few days! After the Beta Tasks end on Sunday, April 6th, all Beta Testers can freely play the game until Thursday, April 10th.

And if someone wants to try to get in pm me.

Tizoc

So I'm playing Cognition and seems the game is locked at 30 FPS? Is there a fanpatch to unlcok the frame rate or some such?

maty

It did, I used Steam Wallet funds though so the transaction was processed immediately without having to go through Boa Compra.

Unfortunately I didn't even think of buying more than one copy, and as soon as I bought it the price was fixed to R$129.99.

Nice, lucky you. :)

I guess I'll have to wait for inevitable $5 sale 1 year down the line. I'm not giving more money to Ubisoft since their games are region restricted and expensive as fuck. And no regional pricing on sight.

THEY PROCESSED THE PURCHASE :D
fuck yeah!
7VTDK.png

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Whilst I'm not rushing to preorder WatchDogs I wonder why it isn't listed on the UK steam. I hope they aren't pulling the same bullshit they did with Far Cry 3 when it came out (and didn't appear on Steam until a few weeks at least after release in the UK)

Dr Dogg

Whilst I'm not rushing to preorder WatchDogs I wonder why it isn't listed on the UK steam. I hope they aren't pulling the same bullshit they did with Far Cry 3 when it came out (and didn't appear on Steam until a few weeks at least after release in the UK)

They've had a couple like that now. I seam to recall AC: Revelations turning up about a month later for us as well. I don't think anyone got to the bottom of it like a retailer exclusive promo. GAME as usual were blamed and said nothing to do with them. Considering I've got a physical order with Zavvi I've had for close to 18 months at a silly price I'm in no rush to grab it on Steam and flip the uPlay code, might even redeem it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen people go back and forth about that site. I wish we could have a definitive YES or NO as far as whether it's safe to use or not.

I ended up buying Don't Starve along with the Reign of Giants DLC with a gift card. They came as two separate keys that weren't labeled as to which was which, but they both activated on Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone fucked up on the Ace Combat discount o_O

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Making History - The Great War is out in Early Access now for $19.99.

About the Game

Making History - The Great War: Take control as leader of one of the Great Powers during the era of the First World War and make the tough calls on how to manage your nation’s financial, technological, political and military decisions.

Will you spread your influence over the world, bolster your nation’s resources, or attempt to build a coalition of nations? See how your actions influence the rise and fall of empires in one of the most detailed WWI grand strategy games ever made.

Feature list:

• Witness the Birth of Modern Industrialized Warfare: Race against other world powers to develop key new military technologies such as tanks, warplanes and submarines. See how these new weapons change the course of global power.
  • Make Friends and Use Foes: Create alliances and trade deals with friendly nations or threaten weaker neighbors with economic and political demands. You can also turn a defeated foe into a puppet state, giving them some level of independence in exchange for their support.
  • Rain Death from Above: Engage in region-to-region combat with our all-new artillery and gas attack options.
  • See the War from Every Angle: Play as any nation - big or small - in multiple scenarios that highlight key moments during the Great War. Make not only military decisions, but industrial and financial ones at both the city- and region-level.
  • Control the Seas: Create naval blockades to disrupt enemy supply lines and restrict troop movement or conduct unrestricted submarine warfare.
  • Online Multiplayer: Tired of showing the computerized leaders who’s boss? Link up with other armchair generals and play online with other members of the Making History community.
  • Make History: Create your very own customized “What if…” historical scenario with our detailed scenario editor. Created scenarios can be shared with others and played online.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
They've had a couple like that now. I seam to recall AC: Revelations turning up about a month later for us as well. I don't think anyone got to the bottom of it like a retailer exclusive promo. GAME as usual were blamed and said nothing to do with them. Considering I've got a physical order with Zavvi I've had for close to 18 months at a silly price I'm in no rush to grab it on Steam and flip the uPlay code, might even redeem it.

Yeah it's just annoying when it happens and with no reasoning given. I also don't believe Game for a fucking second, they'd be a very likely candidate to mess with things out of all the retailers. Same shit happened with THQ back in the day as well.

Thorgal

Do you people think the min / recommended Specs on that page (watchdogs ) is new thread worthy ?

Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5770
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Recommended:
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
Processor: Eight core - Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Additional Notes: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode. Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series; AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Dr Dogg

Yeah it's just annoying when it happens and with no reasoning given. I also don't believe Game for a fucking second, they'd be a very likely candidate to mess with things out of all the retailers. Same shit happened with THQ back in the day as well.

Yep and a few Bethesda titles as well. I went in there the other day because they had a 3 for £10 sale on PC stuff and it's the same old Sold Out and Xplosive labelled stuff from like 10 years ago. All confined to 2 shelves stuck at the back of the shop.Even the WiiU section has more prominence! Saying that the 2 by me are more like CEX than a games retailer, swimming in iPads and phones.

Do you people think the min / recommended Specs on that page (watchdogs ) is new thread worthy ?

Probably the same old small range of testing so specs might be higher than what you can get away with. Though do like the 64bit only requirements more recent games are going for. Who honestly is still only running a 32bit CPU and/or OS these days and playing high requirement games?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Shame the Watch_Dogs price errors didn't last much :(

I could not agree with you less.
WW's full of faults. It's only real pro was that the art style was cool and it's allowed the game to age wonderfully. Otherwise, it's an empty world with the least amount of dungeons ever put in a 3D Zelda game and only 2 of those actually live up to what I was expecting after OoT (I'm not sure about SS, but I'll probably never play that cause... Wii.). The game is short, traveling in the overworld is boring and goes beyond annoyance, especially with the terrible warp system. It's one of the first games I remember being so disappointed and so angry about that I was happy when it ended so quickly and I could sell/trade it for a high price.

TP has some problems but, for me, it stands towering over the abysmal entry that was WW. A huge complaint with TP was that the delays and decision to delay it's release and save it for the Wii launch -- you can see how some of the design was drastically altered in later dungeons for this (the sky dungeon in particular... that boss fight was *designed* for the wii mote).
First off, WW isn't the Zelda with least dungeons, that's Majora's Mask (which coincidentally is the best Zelda). And although WW doesn't really have any truly standout dungeon (none of which are boring and they cut a couple to avoid delays), it really isn't that short either, and its overworld while being most just water it STILL has more things to do and see than TP.
The main issue is that TP tried too hard to be OoT and please the whiny fans that complained about "Celda", that it ended being a game that tried to be another one but not understanding why it was such a great and loved game, so it was very by-the-numbers and soulless.
SS looks great and has some neat gameplay ideas, but has the issue that it's too slow and fucking long.

Dr Dogg

Welp, looking at these requirements, I'm glad to have missed this price mistake.

Requirements high or not (and the minimum requirements aren't anything special bar the 64bit OS and 6GB ram requirements) I think people should be more concerned who is handling the port to PC. Alarm bells will start ringing if Ubisoft Kiev's name gets mentioned.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Renegade Kid has a new Kickstarter for their game Cult County. I bring it up because if you pledge $15 or more you get Mutant Mudds on Steam for free, regardless of which version of Cult County you want.
And because Renegade Kid.

Cult County - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2029149553/cult-county-by-renegade-kid

From the twisted minds behind the cult hit Dementium, comes a new kind of horror. Will you join the church of the perfect you?

Cult County is an all-new first-person survival horror game that blends the episodic story-telling of The Walking Dead with the classic tension-filled exploration and action of Silent Hill and Resident Evil, presenting an opportunity for fans to help a veteran team produce a new experience that is fresh, exciting, and scary!

• Rebirth of the survival horror FPS genre, crafted with fan input.
  • Story-driven gameplay, featuring memorable character interactions.
  • Small West Texas town filled with tension, mystery, and scares.
  • Vulnerable and personalized melee and firearm combat.
  • Varied cast of creepy enemy encounters and devious boss battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom