• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It was going for $6 in the brazilian storefront
The game has OARIC though.

EDIT: b10

Playing the Swapper, and there's some damn tough puzzles in there.

231160_2014-04-04_000cksvz.png

My brain leaks.

wazoo

Do you people think the min / recommended Specs on that page (watchdogs ) is new thread worthy ?

Looks similar to AC4.

procs specs are LOL considering how Ubisoft engines are bad at using multiple cores. Unless they made progress leaps and bounds, your CPU will be maxed on 1 or 2 core and sleeping on the others.

Khronico

This month in steam releases has been pretty good so far. That expansion for FTL just came out that I want to play soon, Half Minute Hero 2 looks awesome, and hopefully Trails in the Sky this month too!

Also, not sure if this game is actually any good, but Man of Prey sure looks intriguing.

Edit: That game description for Man of Prey was written by either someone who has a loose grasp on the english language or someone who just copy pasted the original description into Google Translate.

Firebrand

I pre-ordered the DVD version of Dark Souls 2 off of GMG today, and didn't think to check my email. I've just checked it and, lo and behold, they sent me an exclusive-to-me code for 25% off the digital version.

Fuck my life.

Still, at least it's on its way now, so I can't complain too much. SUN PRAISING INTENSIFIES
Sadness... since the price hike from £30 to £40, even with 25% the game would be cheaper to buy at retail for me. RIP GMG, unless they can get us poor communist Swedes back on USD prices.

Probably going to get worse next year when EU starts enforcing the local VAT of the buyer on online purchases.

That expansion for FTL just came out that I want to play soon
It's so good. And so bloody hard.

6GB ram minimum? Ubisoft please.

What? The new consoles are out, start expecting that and higher as the standard with multiplatform games. We're going to be seeing a lot of games that are DirectX 11 only, require 64bit OS, 6-8GB of RAM minimum requirements, require GPU's with 1-2GB of VRAM and multicore processors.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm making a promise right here right now.

As long as I'm capable, I will always have 100 bucks standing by on my Steam wallet.

God dammit fucking motherfuckers.

Fucking Comprebem and their slow ass bullshit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But even the Wii U is getting Watch_Dogs

maybe

probably not

Prognostication: The Wii U version will ignominiously disappear from retailers, with Ubisoft citing "market conditions" as the reason for the cancellation. "We're still developing for the Wii U" is the new "There will be no PC delay".

Dr. Buni

What? The new consoles are out, start expecting that and higher as the standard with multiplatform games. We're going to be seeing a lot of games that are DirectX 11 only, require 64bit OS, 6-8GB of RAM minimum requirements, require GPU's with 1-2GB of VRAM and multicore processors.
What? Games for the new consoles shouldn't ask such requirements. PS4 and Xbox One aren't that amazingly powerful. I am fine with a mid-gen game asking for 8GB minimum, but a mess of a game like Watch_Dogs? And a cross-gen one, at that? Haha nah. Come on, dude!
I still thank myself for going for 16 GB of RAM when i built this PC because of a "why not ? " mentality and when ram was still dirt cheap .
I went with the usual 8GB (2x 4GB). I think I will sell them and buy 2x 8GB next year or maybe in 2016.

Grief.exe

I'm making a promise right here right now.

As long as I'm capable, I will always have 100 bucks standing by on my Steam wallet.

God dammit fucking motherfuckers.

Fucking Comprebem and their slow ass bullshit.

That is probably the best way to handle that kind of situation.

Levyne

Banned
Wii U has 4x the RAM of PS3 and 360, which are also getting the game. I don't see your point, other than lolwiiu

My apologies. You're right in that I really didn't have a point. Not that I was emphatically seeking one.

I am curious about the release, just because the whole saga has been entertaining.

Benedict

I am the only one having difficulty seeing my Badges page? Been like this for weeks.
Maybe 1/20 I suceed, otherwise it just brings me to the profile-page.

Any solutions?

Playing the Swapper, and there's some damn tough puzzles in there.

-snipped image-

My brain leaks.

There are a few really good stumpers in there. Even the ones that are easier are super pleasing. Every puzzle was in its place and all were reasonable and fair. A really good game all around.

There are a few really good stumpers in there. Even the ones that are easier are super pleasing. Every puzzle was in its place and all were reasonable and fair. A really good game all around.

Yup, I'm really impressed with it. Looks very slick, plays great, requires you to think, and it's got an interesting story to boot.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was going to suggest that to you but forgot. Think of all the dogs you could've bought.

That is probably the best way to handle that kind of situation.

I did have 100+ reais on my steam wallet. I always do, because every time I want to buy something, I put more money than I need (most of the times twice the amount) on my Steam Wallet. I did that in February, but something came up and I bought somebody some games AND bought Dark Souls 2 with that wallet money, so I didn't fill it back up, as there were no games I want to buy anytime soon.

All I had on the Steam Wallet was 15 reais, thanks to some cards I sold and extra money I already had in it. Managed to snag myself a copy of WatchDogs, and then tried to transfer money to my Steam Wallet through CompreBem (only way to avoid "international purchase" taxes on Steam). They took 50 minutes to tell Valve that I paid for that and that Valve could credit my account with money. By then, the price was already fixed.

I managed to snag one extra copy paying through CompreBem (all these purchases can be cancelled by Valve, that's why I don't like doing that), and I managed to get one extra copy, but I already gave it to a friend.

Still, I could've bought like 10 copies of the game (before Steam protection would've kicked in). Oh well.... next time.

Nabs

Divekick AE (Addition Edition) is out now. It's a massive free balance update [change list]. It also adds regular menu controls, blind select in online vs, and lots of bug fixes. There will also be at least one new character, but that's coming out when the X1/PS4 game is released. RIP the old The Baz.

divekick-ae-logo.png

Grief.exe

I did have 100+ reais on my steam wallet. I always do, because every time I want to buy something, I put more money than I need (most of the times twice the amount) on my Steam Wallet. I did that in February, but something came up and I bought somebody some games AND bought Dark Souls 2 with that wallet money, so I didn't fill it back up, as there were no games I want to buy anytime soon.

All I had on the Steam Wallet was 15 reais, thanks to some cards I sold and extra money I already had in it. Managed to snag myself a copy of WatchDogs, and then tried to transfer money to my Steam Wallet through CompreBem (only way to avoid "international purchase" taxes on Steam). They took 50 minutes to tell Valve that I paid for that and that Valve could credit my account with money. By then, the price was already fixed.

I managed to snag one extra copy paying through CompreBem (all these purchases can be cancelled by Valve, that's why I don't like doing that), and I managed to get one extra copy, but I already gave it to a friend.

Still, I could've bought like 10 copies of the game (before Steam protection would've kicked in). Oh well.... next time.

At least you got a copy for yourself and your friend, could have been much worse.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nah, just the gifting/trading restriction, which more or less renders OARIC redundant.
It doesn't have OARIC, only the cross-region trading/gift flag.

EDIT: beat
Yeah, you guys are correct. I did a quick check before hand and got confused it seems :(

Wii U has 4x the RAM of PS3 and 360, which are also getting the game. I don't see your point, other than lolwiiu
The WiiU version was delayed.

Grief.exe

RE4 Beta Patch 1.05 just released

Pretty massive that they added in the Specular Highlights and Bump Mapping.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558750544148269482/
Beta Patch 1.05

Instructions
  • From your Steam ‘LIBRARY’ list, right-click on Resident Evil 4 / Biohazard 4 and select 'Properties'
  • Select the ‘BETAS’ tab.
  • Type RE4BETAoptin105 (case-sensitive) in the 'Enter beta access code' field and then click CHECK CODE.
  • Select the latest Beta from the drop down menu.

Fixes & Tweaks:
Specular highlight and bump mapping effect that was missing on the Xbox 360 version is now implemented in the Steam version
Implemented new stereo/positional audio for in-game sound effects
Your right hand comes off?
Fixed handgun aim jumping to the right for Modern K&M setting
Improved flares and yellow glow for torches, lamps, etc.
Fixed the spotlight passing through the wall during the jet-ski sequence
Disabled warm color filter after the "church puzzle"
Fixed mouse sensitivity during Del Lago charge
Fixed QTE difficulty for breaking enemies' grip while using mouse

New Feature:
Added vibrations to machine guns in Separate Ways/Another Order, Assignment Ada and Mercenaries.[

Watch_Dogs recommended CPU seems really high compared to the recommended GPU, hopefully my i5-2500k will be okay...

2500k is such a beast, especially when overclocked, you will be more than fine.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, so I will have to spend $2500+ on a new rig :/

Is Ace Combat: Assault Horizon worth the 7 bucks when it goes back on sale? Didn't seem as interesting as the other games in the series so I never got it at launch.

The PC I built a year and a half ago meets the requirements and was around 1500, or more like 1300 when you get rid of the blu-ray burner/windows/other random tidbits most people won't need.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

2500k is such a beast, especially when overclocked, you will be more than fine.

It's such a shame the rifle reload animation will never be fixed as they would actually have to redo it which obviously isn't in the budget.

Dr Dogg

Well I might manage another playthrough now. The wonders of QLOC.

Edit: Hey hold on "Your right hand comes off?"? They better not have changed that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom