• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

So, I bought the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass from GameAgent, got charged, but didn't receive any confirmation e-mail and/or code (can't check out my order on the site either lol).

Anyone who has purchased from there, does it take a while or should I contact support right away? (it's my first time!) Thanks! :D

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is Ace Combat: Assault Horizon worth the 7 bucks when it goes back on sale? Didn't seem as interesting as the other games in the series so I never got it at launch.

The PC I built a year and a half ago meets the requirements and was around 1500, or more like 1300 when you get rid of the blu-ray burner/windows/other random tidbits most people won't need.

There is like 25% of a good game in there. Some of the early jet missions are good, but the deeper you get into the game the more you're forced to use that fucking atrocious autodogfight nonsense. There are also a bunch of awful turret levels and helicopter levels.

Honestly I'd recommend the HAWX games over this of you're looking for some arcady flight combat.

fantomena

xJPW3lC.gif

Why? I hope you aren't serious because it isn't a standalone release.

Anteater

Guess I'll focus on Arkham Origins and Grid this weekend, after juggling dozen of games they seem to be the ones I've played most the last week. Then might move on to a shooter. Fuck yeah weekend!

Edit: Icenhancer 2.5 seems to be coming out soon, might mess around with that too.

Sini

So, I bought the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass from GameAgent, got charged, but didn't receive any confirmation e-mail and/or code (can't check out my order on the site either lol).

Anyone who has purchased from there, does it take a while or should I contact support right away? (it's my first time!) Thanks! :D
It took about 45 minutes for them to mail confirmation to me.

Parsnip

RE4 Beta Patch 1.05 just released

Pretty massive that they added in the Specular Highlights and Bump Mapping.

That's pretty cool. With that, is there anything missing?
The definitive edition in every way possible, all effects, 60fps, increased resolution, texture resolution options?

Why? I hope you aren't serious because it isn't a standalone release.

It's almost like you are new here and don't know Jase.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
1281457-105e-yves-guillemot-ubisoft-0-5-million-en-2011.jpg

"Yes... 'delayed'..."
Delayed and quite probably dead.
Well, we all know it's dead, just that Ubi hasn't said so officially yet :p

Man, I really need to cancel my preorder from Gamestop on that. Last thing from Gamestop I ever preordered before I switched to online orders.
You really should, the chance of the game releasing and then being a decent version are close to 0%

I thought people buying Wii U games was just an urban legend.
Just like Wheelman.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just like Wheelman.

One day I will get my Wheelman, quote this post, and in response post nothing but the gif of a self-satisfied smoking Denzel Washington that is linked to a screenshot of my Steam library.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
One day I will get my Wheelman, quote this post, and in response post nothing but the gif of a self-satisfied smoking Denzel Washington that is linked to a screenshot of my Steam library.
And I'll respond with Banderas.gif and SashaRomulanDacing.gif together
and then a maniacal laugh

What? Games for the new consoles shouldn't ask such requirements. PS4 and Xbox One aren't that amazingly powerful. I am fine with a mid-gen game asking for 8GB minimum, but a mess of a game like Watch_Dogs? And a cross-gen one, at that? Haha nah. Come on, dude!

I went with the usual 8GB (2x 4GB). I think I will sell them and buy 2x 8GB next year or maybe in 2016.

Since it's DX11 only, the PC port of Watch_Dawgz is clearly based on the PS4/Xbone version alone. Both of those devices have 8GB of RAM, I don't see how it's ridiculous for the PC port to have a 6GB minimum requirement. If it the PC port supported DX9 and was scalable so that the game might run on low end machines and perform similar to the PS3/360/WiiU versions then the minimum requirement of RAM might be nuts...but it doesn't.

Dammit, so I will have to spend $2500+ on a new rig :/

I'm kind of in the same position. I built this tower a few years ago, I've upgraded a few components over the years but it's looking like I'll have to build a new rig sooner rather than later.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

And when I get my job at Valve I'll finally be able to play Top Gun.

If Ubisoft should be forced to list Uplay DRM on pre-order pages. This is kind of bullshit.

It should pretty much be an assumption than an Ubisoft game at this point requires Uplay. If it doesn't, it's an exception, not the norm.

Shame the Watch_Dogs price errors didn't last much :(

First off, WW isn't the Zelda with least dungeons, that's Majora's Mask (which coincidentally is the best Zelda). And although WW doesn't really have any truly standout dungeon (none of which are boring and they cut a couple to avoid delays), it really isn't that short either, and its overworld while being most just water it STILL has more things to do and see than TP.
The main issue is that TP tried too hard to be OoT and please the whiny fans that complained about "Celda", that it ended being a game that tried to be another one but not understanding why it was such a great and loved game, so it was very by-the-numbers and soulless.
SS looks great and has some neat gameplay ideas, but has the issue that it's too slow and fucking long.

Yeah, I wish I could've gotten in on $6 watchdogs...

As far as Zelda goes, I like Majora's Mask, but it's not really a traditional Zelda in the same way that OoT/TP/WW are. There are a lot more puzzles and strange things to solve with the way the game works. It's brilliant, but different.
And while there wasn't a ton to do/look for in TP overworld (one of the areas I find it lacking), I still found more to do there or had more fun/less annoyance traveling around than trying to explore the barren sea of WW. Hey, there's some land over there, let me sail all the fucking way over there and find a small cave that has... a chest with 50 rupees. Great.
After both LttP (I know it's not 3D) and OoT handled the "we start with 3 beginner dungeons and then hand you 5+ more intricate dungeons afterwards", WW's got something like 5 total. And none of them really felt excellent until after the water spire one (#3, I think). I had no problem with the art style... I had a problem with the lack of dungeons, the easy difficulty, and the empty world where traveling was a chore.

Divekick AE (Addition Edition) is out now. It's a massive free balance update [change list]. It also adds regular menu controls, blind select in online vs, and lots of bug fixes. There will also be at least one new character, but that's coming out when the X1/PS4 game is released. RIP the old The Baz.

divekick-ae-logo.png

How the hell do you "balance" update a game where you have a jump button and a kick button? :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And I'll respond with Banderas.gif and SashaRomulanDacing.gif together
and then a maniacal laugh

Truth be told I'd probably forget what I just said and post a Saoirse gif instead. :p

And when I get my job at Valve I'll finally be able to play Top Gun.

But of course! After all, you getting your job at Valve is how I'll get my job at Valve after you recommend that I be signed on as an external support staffer. ;)

Maybe, but I know I'm considering buying Bayonetta 2 and I don't even have a WiiU just in case it becomes extinct.

Which reminds me, I need to buy myself that Portal board game. And three spares thereof.

Dambrosi

Banned
Bioshock Infinite season pass is -75% ($5) at GameAgent.com

You have to log in and go to your dashboard to see the deal.

Bioshock Infinite is also on sale for -75% ($7.5)
£4 for me. I feel robbed, somehow, despite the cheapness.

That said, it's probably the best deal I'll get on Burial At Sea part 2 for quite some time (I doubt that even the eventual Steam Summer Seal will come close), so I have to jump in now. It's been a bargain-filled day, all said. A good day.

Nabs

How the hell do you "balance" update a game where you have a jump button and a kick button? :lol

The game is a lot deeper than just jumping and kicking, and almost every character is completely different. They also changed a character so much that he's essentially a brand new character.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But of course! After all, you getting your job at Valve is how I'll get my job at Valve after you recommend that I be signed on as an external support staffer. ;)

Well, according to Valve more than 50% of their employees come from Australia.* So you'd fit right in!

* I'm not sure if this is actually a #truefact

Valve's Employee Handbook said:
Australia—A place that’s either very near or is New Zealand where more than half of Valve’s employees were born.

That Top Gun issue has to be a running gag in Valve at this point.

That would actually be pretty awesome if true.

Copons

In the usual Steam-player fashion, I've just started Batman Arkham Asylum, and I was wondering if there is a way to control the save system, other than the auto-save.

Because it doesn't feel good at all, considering that I had to play 4 times the room (including riddles and whatnot) when, after cleaning it, you get the first call from the Riddler, because apparently the game doesn't save shit, like never, until I don't know when, because the last thing I did was going further so I HOPE the save updated to my actual current position.

Nabs

In the usual Steam-player fashion, I've just started Batman Arkham Asylum, and I was wondering if there is a way to control the save system, other than the auto-save.

Because it doesn't feel good at all, considering that I had to play 4 times the room (including riddles and whatnot) when, after cleaning it, you get the first call from the Riddler, because apparently the game doesn't save shit, like never, until I don't know when, because the last thing I did was going further so I HOPE the save updated to my actual current position.

Look for the bats on the bottom of the screen. You'll see a white circle and then bats, lots of 'em. It should save when you enter a new area.

The game is a lot deeper than just jumping and kicking, and almost every character is completely different. They also changed a character so much that he's essentially a brand new character.

I suppose that depends on your perspective.
However, I still don't see what you can do -- fighting game balance updates usually tweak life bars, stun damage, startup frames, +/- on block, active frames, etc. Divekick doesn't really have most of those as far as I'm aware.

Copons

Look for the bats on the bottom of the screen.

I honestly never saw a single bat on the bottom of my screen.
Every now and then there is a loading spinner (bottom right corner), which I assumed was both for real-time loading and for saving, but apparently not, as in the scene I mentioned that spinner comes up at least 2 times...

EDIT:

Oh, so its the LOTS of bats flying around that check the save!
Yeah! Thanks!

I had this problem too, i couldn't seem to find a way of initiating a save, even picking up a Riddler trophy didn't help.

Garcia

You guys were right about Little Inferno, it is a hidden gem. I'm having stupid fun with it. Also surprised me that the style is loyal to World of Goo.

I'm also addicted to Kingdom Rush. Once I run the game I can't put the mouse/keyboard down!

Dr Dogg

It's the usual fickle beast of only allowing autosaves. It's quite generous though and does save everytime you enter a new area. When Bats goes through a door and the animation changes it saves, sometimes when crawling through the otherside of a vent as well.

Backlogger

I don't remember having much of a problem with this on AA, but I played it on the xBox so not sure if the PC version auto saves at a different frequency. I've been meaning to install it on my PC though so I can get the cards for it. IIRC AC auto saves a lot, even when picking up riddles.

Nabs

I suppose that depends on your perspective.
However, I still don't see what you can do -- fighting game balance updates usually tweak life bars, stun damage, startup frames, +/- on block, active frames, etc. Divekick doesn't really have most of those as far as I'm aware.

If you check the change list, you'll see updates to special moves, meter gain/use, and startup frames.

It's your own fault for not reading Derrick's Steam review where he delineates how playing AA is a complete waste of time when City improves on it in every single way.

He also explains how those who prefer AA to AC are mistaken.

:p

God bless Derrick. I miss him in here :(.

Copons

It's the usual fickle beast of only allowing autosaves. It's quite generous though and does save everytime you enter a new area. When Bats goes through a door and the animation changes it saves, sometimes when crawling through the otherside of a vent as well.

Yup, that scene always reloaded with Batman opening a vent grating.
Also, after that i forced myself to play until completely changing the area (like, from Arkham North to Arkham West or something) just to be sure...

But the point is: if you're going with a full-autosave system, at least be super thorough with it, saving every couple of seconds, like TR2013 does! :D

I don't remember having much of a problem with this on AA, but I played it on the xBox so not sure if the PC version auto saves at a different frequency. I've been meaning to install it on my PC though so I can get the cards for it. IIRC AC auto saves a lot, even when picking up riddles.

Most likely I was unlucky, having to quit playing three times in the same (short) scene lousily covered by the save system.

It's your own fault for not reading Derrick's Steam review where he delineates how playing AA is a complete waste of time when City improves on it in every single way.

He also explains how those who prefer AA to AC are mistaken.

:p

God bless Derrick. I miss him in here :(.

:'(

But I'm doing it for the plot!

Also you made me realize I don't have him on Steam, so who knows how many positve reviews I missed all this time :(

what is the word on Wasteland 2? I want to buy it but I don't want to pay 60$...at least not if its not done. Is there a real release date and is the price going to continue being crazy?

Erudite

what is the word on Wasteland 2? I want to buy it but I don't want to pay 60$...at least not if its not done. Is there a real release date and is the price going to continue being crazy?
Price will go down to the $20-30 range once it's officially released. It's $60 right now because that was the Kickstarter tier required for alpha/beta access.

Salsa

for some reason I thought Galak-Z was gonna be a PS4/Vita exclusive for a while, like with xbox/phones and skulls of the shogun

turns out I was wrong

GALAK-Z_logo_cutout_alpha.png

Galak-Z_GIF_3.gif

might be the game im looking forward to the most. Spelunky on space inspired by Gatchaman/Space Battleship Yamato-type 70s anime. JEEEEESUS

Nabs

It's coming to Steam, but they are pushing the PS4 version really hard now. So hard, it's getting hard to find any info on the PC release.

Acccent

for some reason I thought Galak-Z was gonna be a PS4/Vita exclusive for a while, like with xbox/phones and skulls of the shogun

turns out I was wrong

might be the game im looking forward to the most. Spelunky on space inspired by Gatchaman/Space Battleship Yamato-type 70s anime. JEEEEESUS

man, it's getting prettier and prettier too

FloatOn

turns out I was wrong

what the fuck is this? I need this in my life

nao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom