• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have thoughts on Halo: Spartan Assault? I'm considering picking it up and then jumping into it if it's (1) any good and (2) gets Playfire rewards.

--

In my sleep-deprived state after becoming flappy goat, I deleted the wrong screenshot from the session and it makes me sad.
I had a really good shot of a ridiculously unfair "loss" in flappy goat where the sprite wasn't touching anything when the game ended... I wanted to upload it with a cpation of "Excellent collision detection".
Instead I kept the RAGE shot from when I had 9 for the first time and then choked. Oh well.

KarmaCow

Just finished up the speed run achievement in Escape Goat 2 to fully complete the game, unless there is an All Intensive Purposes style second quest in addition to the secret rooms.

Overall I think the first game was better executed but it is still a worthy follow up. It's not quite the Metroid to Super Metroid evolution of mechanics but that's mostly because the first game was really polished in the first place. Escape Goat 2 has a few dangling threads with some mechanics like the necromouser for multiple mice which only gets used twice in the entire game so it feels like the game could be so much more. It might just be in my head but the game also felt like it was more timing focused and reliant on player execution rather than planning but I also felt like there were many times where I was breaking the game to complete puzzles. I don't mean the ways to access secret rooms either (which were pretty clever twists on old rooms like the achievements), just some rooms with exploding boxes (ie 9-8).

Nzyme32

for some reason I thought Galak-Z was gonna be a PS4/Vita exclusive for a while, like with xbox/phones and skulls of the shogun

turns out I was wrong

GALAK-Z_logo_cutout_alpha.png

Galak-Z_GIF_3.gif

might be the game im looking forward to the most. Spelunky on space inspired by Gatchaman/Space Battleship Yamato-type 70s anime. JEEEEESUS

Thanks for posting, never heard of it, but it looks amazing!

Thanks for posting, never heard of it, but it looks amazing!

Having it on PC increases my interest -- I get a little leery of shmups that require you to control movement on a map instead of auto-scroll, but I'll give anything that seems to have solid mechanics a shot and this was on my radar already.

Nzyme32

I find it hilarious that Microsoft has Halo Spartan Assault for 50% off on the Windows store today and yet no discount for the new Steam version.

Might be the way it goes for all their games. I wouldn't be surprised to see people paying extra just to have the steam version, which is not really a good thing if it means the prices stay like that. It will be interesting to see their approach to sales and pricing in future

GaussTek

Ugh, I know I'm being impatient, but two and a half hours have passed since I ordered the BI Season Pass from GameAgent, and I haven't got any e-mail and/or key :/

Decided to contact support, and they said that it could take "several hours" as all orders undergo a "fraud prevention check". The weird thing is that I'm unable to check out my order status as the order number that shows up on the Paypal receipt doesn't work on the site (just says "not found").

Well, at least it was just $5. But, I guess this will be the only time I buy something from there :(

Dr Dogg

what is the word on Wasteland 2? I want to buy it but I don't want to pay 60$...at least not if its not done. Is there a real release date and is the price going to continue being crazy?

A couple of friends of mine that backed it through kickstarter say it's coming along nicely and the recent updates brought a lot of changes but it still aways away from the full and final product. Basically $60 now is getting you into the early access tier from kickstarter which was $55 I think and a few other bits and bobs. Bother None from InXile did say that the release price will be cheaper, how much is still officially unknown.

Looking good though and Brian Fargo is a safe pair of hands in my book.

Edit: Looking at the Wasteland 2 kickstarter page the first 3 digital only tiers are at $15 for the game only, $30 for the game and digital extra and $55 for game, extras and beta. Read into that as you will for possible pricing on release.

Backlogger

Anybody have thoughts on Halo: Spartan Assault? I'm considering picking it up and then jumping into it if it's (1) any good and (2) gets Playfire rewards.

Its supposed to be getting Playfire rewards according to today's blog post. I bought it but I'm still at work and plan on trying it out when I get home.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? Unless you're planning to push 4k..
I live in South America, and we always get charged with something I like to call the "Third world tax".

So yeah, the exact formula I just calculated is A = U * rnd(2,3), where A is the Argie price, U is the US price and rnd() is a random number function, with the lower end being 2 and the upper one 3.

for some reason I thought Galak-Z was gonna be a PS4/Vita exclusive for a while, like with xbox/phones and skulls of the shogun

turns out I was wrong

GALAK-Z_logo_cutout_alpha.png

Galak-Z_GIF_3.gif

might be the game im looking forward to the most. Spelunky on space inspired by Gatchaman/Space Battleship Yamato-type 70s anime. JEEEEESUS
Random aside: one of the developers of Galak-z is doing a Kickstarter for his game Four Sided Fantasy. He's also a Gaffer and developed the freeware games Perspective and The Fourth Wall

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished up the speed run achievement in Escape Goat 2 to fully complete the game, unless there is an All Intensive Purposes style second quest in addition to the secret rooms.

Overall I think the first game was better executed but it is still a worthy follow up. It's not quite the Metroid to Super Metroid evolution of mechanics but that's mostly because the first game was really polished in the first place. Escape Goat 2 has a few dangling threads with some mechanics like the necromouser for multiple mice which only gets used twice in the entire game so it feels like the game could be so much more. It might just be in my head but the game also felt like it was more timing focused and reliant on player execution rather than planning but I also felt like there were many times where I was breaking the game to complete puzzles. I don't mean the ways to access secret rooms either (which were pretty clever twists on old rooms like the achievements), just some rooms with exploding boxes (ie 9-8).
How can you manage to find secret rooms? So far I only found one, and it was by luck.

donny2112

RE4 Beta Patch 1.05 just released

Pretty massive that they added in the Specular Highlights and Bump Mapping.

:O

*Must hold out and not drop every other game being played to buy RE4 PC now*

Oh, man, will it be sweet when I can stop saying that! :lol

Levyne

Banned
I live in South America, and we always get charged with something I like to call the "Third world tax".

So yeah, the exact formula I just calculated is A = U * rnd(2,3), where A is the Argie price, U is the US price and rnd() is a random number function, with the lower end being 2 and the upper one 3.

Ah, I see

zkylon

zkylewd

and add like 25% on top of that :/

Pachimari

So I bought the bundle with the 5-6 audio games, but which one should is the recommended? Audiosurf or Beat Hazard?

And is Another Perspective coming to Steam?

zkylon

zkylewd
So I bought the bundle with the 5-6 audio games, but which one should is the recommended? Audiosurf or Beat Hazard?

they're both pretty decent, can't really pick one over the other, it's more a matter of style: if you want a shoot em up jut play beat hazard, if you want a strange racing dodging colors guitar hero puzzle thingie go for audiosurf

Salsa

will I like The Book of Unwritten tales if I love point and click adventures but dont care a bit about the game's setting or artsyle?

Tecl0n

That's quite on spot.

Tecl0n

yea i couldn't remember if it's 25 or 35%

i'm hoping i won't get charged that for buying plane tickets online but probably will :(

Not only online. Any kind of air travel that leaves the country has to pay the 35%, they are included in the price, though.

Milamber

Oh hey, Watch_Dawgs store page is up. Wonder if I should really preorder this. My last preorder was The Bureau and that did not turn out great.

Oh hey, Watch_Dawgs store page is up. Wonder if I should really preorder this. My last preorder was The Bureau and that did not turn out great.
I recently cancelled my Watch_Dogs preorder because I didn't feel anywhere near the amount of hype I felt when it was first revealed.

zkylon

zkylewd

well unless

BlumeAgent Outfit
Blume Weapon Perk: Less recoil on shots

sound like something worth your money go ahead, but with no discount it makes no sense to preorder the game imo

Dr Dogg

I bet Microsoft are kicking themselves now for not registering Simulator as a brand or logo seeing as just about every other recently released Simulator title has just ripped of their Flight Simulator 5.0-X design.

I bet Microsoft are kicking themselves now for not registering Simulator as a brand or logo seeing as just about every other recently released Simulator title has just ripped of their Flight Simulator 5.0-X design.

Goat Simulator would be called Project GOAT
What a world!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Be careful - the game only covers the first two movies. They're adding content from the 3rd movie as DLC later.

My guess is that the DLC will not be free, but nobody knows.

It kind of sucks since this isn't mentioned anywhere on the page.
Kinda guessed it tbh thanks for the heads up but the game is cheap anyway not to bothered around €10 from russia

Got Broken Sword 5, Halo Spartan assault, Project Zomboid and this today :) would have got watchdogs too if its wasnt region locked everywhere, its not even on the Irish steam store :(

Its supposed to be getting Playfire rewards according to today's blog post. I bought it but I'm still at work and plan on trying it out when I get home.

Please post impressions. I just got and sold a Blazblue booster pack, so I have some extra cash now in my steam wallet and I'm considering it since it looks a little bit like Smash TV.

It's not a game. It's a simulator. That's what goats actually do. Trust me.

HAHAHAHA

You missed the $6 preorder, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom