• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

So what is the process for getting pre-unlocked achievements to count towards the Playfire thing? For example, there were rewards for Alien Swarm but I unlocked those years ago. They still haven't really replied to my original request to move over credits so I might try to get everything done in one follow up email.

How can you manage to find secret rooms? So far I only found one, and it was by luck.

I cheated. Unless I'm blind, I couldn't even see the outline of the golden keys so I just looked up the room and banged my head against the wall until I found it.

I used this guide. It's good because it's just spoiler'd hints so.

will I like The Book of Unwritten tales if I love point and click adventures but dont care a bit about the game's setting or artsyle?

Yea. IMO it's one of the finest modern point and click adventures. It has none of the old school problems like pixel hunting or utterly illogical puzzles. Most sections of the game are contained within a set of 5-7 screens so you won't get stuck. The characters are amusing, it has lots of references to classic adventure games and it looks gorgeous. Well worth the time to play it if anyone is a P&C fan.

Just 100% Goat Simulator. Fun and easy game.

Yup, just did the same. Officially certified goat now :p

FloatOn

so I just found out that galak z is a 17 bit joint.

they made skulls of the shogun which is also really fucking good. hype to the max breh

Dambrosi

Banned
for some reason I thought Galak-Z was gonna be a PS4/Vita exclusive for a while, like with xbox/phones and skulls of the shogun

turns out I was wrong

GALAK-Z_logo_cutout_alpha.png

Galak-Z_GIF_3.gif

might be the game im looking forward to the most. Spelunky on space inspired by Gatchaman/Space Battleship Yamato-type 70s anime. JEEEEESUS
That looks AMAZING, like a 70's version of Pixeljunk Shooter. I'll keep an eye out for this.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
yea i couldn't remember if it's 25 or 35%

i'm hoping i won't get charged that for buying plane tickets in pesos online but probably will :(
I think you will, unless they changed it recently, which I doubt. Sorry to hear that man!

Salsa

no playfire reward for getting all the Goat achievements so I might just wait a bit to collect the last statues, otherwise got everything

clocked 3 hours btw, kinda spoiled myself of some toughter secrets by watching footage thinking there were more surprises but there werent :( hence my short time

Oced 2500k still king too, unless this 8core bsnss becomes the norm, which I doubt

oipic

Fun (?) with zombies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-6B724B65BF96AFDD - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 3 entrants total.

t1396657810z1.png

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
WAIT WHAT?

I thought Galak-Z was PS4 only!

MEGATON

Not only online. Any kind of air travel that leaves the country has to pay the 35%, they are included in the price, though.
Maybe you guys would be better off crossing the border and taking a plane from MVD/SDC

So what is the process for getting pre-unlocked achievements to count towards the Playfire thing? For example, there were rewards for Alien Swarm but I unlocked those years ago. They still haven't really replied to my original request to move over credits so I might try to get everything done in one follow up email.
Pre-unlocked achiements don't count, so the only process is using SAM and then getting banned.

Backlogger

Please post impressions. I just got and sold a Blazblue booster pack, so I have some extra cash now in my steam wallet and I'm considering it since it looks a little bit like Smash TV.

I will. I just picked up a new laptop today so I have been messing with that (getting all the bloatware off and getting the OS up to date) but I will definitely be trying out the game some time tonight and will post some stuff.

Would appreciate some recommendations! Looking to spend around $5, something old school, a bit fast paced, can run on a pretty shit PC... yeah that's about it. I've browsed but can't really find much and the selection/variety is overwhelming. Also got a new wired 360 controller and would like to play with that as the k/m set up hurts the ol' wrist.

Salsa

Would appreciate some recommendations! Looking to spend around $5, something old school, a bit fast paced, can run on a pretty shit PC... yeah that's about it. I've browsed but can't really find much and the selection/variety is overwhelming. Also got a new wired 360 controller and would like to play with that as the k/m set up hurts the ol' wrist.

if you can spend $7 get Super House of Dead Ninjas

zkylon

zkylewd
i tried playing monaco online for a bit to see how that was like buy was received by a 12 year old yelling I CALL SHOTGUN I CALL SHOTGUN

i really appreciate league of legends having no voicechat implemented

Lizardus

So the GMG version of Watch-Dogs hasn't been updated saying it provides a steam key. Any chance they will provide a steam key?

derExperte

i tried playing monaco online for a bit to see how that was like buy was received by a 12 year old yelling I CALL SHOTGUN I CALL SHOTGUN

i really appreciate league of legends having no voicechat implemented

And is it really impossible to open a new, private lobby? As far as I can tell you can only start one if there aren't any open ones and if your friend(s) aren't fast enough some strangers join. Not really optimal.

So the GMG version of Watch-Dogs hasn't been updated saying it provides a steam key. Any chance they will provide a steam key?

Does GMG offer Steam keys for any other Uplay games?

Poof vs the Cursed Kitty It's $7 on steam but half-off at GMG right now http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/poof-vs-cursed-kitty/

Cook, Serve, Delicious recently got full controller support (i haven't tried it yet though) with its new beta update but it's $10.

zkylon

zkylewd
And is it really impossible to open a new, private lobby? As far as I can tell you can only start one if there aren't any open ones and if your friend(s) aren't fast enough some strangers join. Not really optimal.
well all i've done before is couch coop it with my brother

but i just checked and you can create an invites-only lobby. dunno how well it works beyond that tho

Lizardus

doubt it

amazon might

Yeah but GMG has better deals, it's a shame.

You know what? they used to but I think since recently, they have stopped. I remember wanting to buy Driver: San Francisco and being disappointed that they only offered it in Uplay.

Miguel81

Just beat Sleeping Dogs. I recommend this game to anyone that is into open-world action/adventures. Loved Wei Shen and
poor
Jackie, and hope to see a sequel in the future.

Hong Kong neon lights on wet pavement are a treat for the eyes.

nampad

for some reason I thought Galak-Z was gonna be a PS4/Vita exclusive for a while, like with xbox/phones and skulls of the shogun

turns out I was wrong

GALAK-Z_logo_cutout_alpha.png

Galak-Z_GIF_3.gif

might be the game im looking forward to the most. Spelunky on space inspired by Gatchaman/Space Battleship Yamato-type 70s anime. JEEEEESUS

Like Spelunky or other great indie games you could play it everywhere on the superior handheld ;)

Anybody have thoughts on Halo: Spartan Assault? I'm considering picking it up and then jumping into it if it's (1) any good and (2) gets Playfire rewards.

--

In my sleep-deprived state after becoming flappy goat, I deleted the wrong screenshot from the session and it makes me sad.
I had a really good shot of a ridiculously unfair "loss" in flappy goat where the sprite wasn't touching anything when the game ended... I wanted to upload it with a cpation of "Excellent collision detection".
Instead I kept the RAGE shot from when I had 9 for the first time and then choked. Oh well.

Stop whining. You and your score of 16(?) flappy goats made me feel like shit when I only barely managed 6 ;(

derExperte

but i just checked and you can create an invites-only lobby. dunno how well it works beyond that tho

Didn't manage to do that earlier but now I found it, was a bit hidden.

Stop whining. You and your score of 16(?) flappy goats made me feel like shit when I only barely managed 6 ;(

Feeling bad is good. That's the first step to becoming a flappier goat. Keep flapping.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nope. This is a first.

Edit: Oh, I misread "hasn't" as "has".

You know what? they used to but I think since recently, they have stopped. I remember wanting to buy Driver: San Francisco and being disappointed that they only offered it in Uplay.

You're thinking of Ubi's external titles, such as Call of Juarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom