• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i'm really glad i didn't set banner saga to hard, i feel like i would've been really frustrated if i did

i really hope they change the leveling and turns things for episode 2, the game would be pretty great if it weren't for those two things, but since they're pretty key it's hard to give it a positive review

My friend recently finished Banner Saga via Family Sharing. He said the ending is rather sudden.

zkylon

zkylewd
My friend recently finished Banner Saga via Family Sharing. He said the ending is rather sudden.
yea i can see it being so

there's a lot of weird design decisions made for this game that feel like it could've used some early access time (and not in the form of that multiplayer thing). i mean no way early access wouldn't have caught how frustrating it is that fighting against 2 dudes or 20 dudes has the same amount of enemy turns, but i can see how it can escape crunchy developers that are just focused on finishing the game up. the pacing of the campaign is also pretty uneven and i dunno, there's just so many small grievances it feels like it's still in alpha (a very pretty alpha).

it's kinda sad because the game has a lot of potential, the oregon trail thingie and the lore and the art style and the music are all really good but the core mechanics are just kind of broken :/

still liking it better than playing more shadowrun returns. i dunno how i got past the interface on my main campaign playthrough, but i can't stand it now

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Steam Air doesnt show your wallet balance on the title bar. that's silly.
That's what you get for not using superior Metro skin
which you just made me realize it doesn't do it either... bastard :(

I've never been to Uruguay, but seeing the word "Sonic" on the label would've been enough to keep me away. :p
LOL, you are in a way totally correct because it was trying to be like a Corona, hip and fresh and a mainstay. but ended up being something like 40% beer/60% tap water in taste, sold like shit and basically no one remembers it ever existed :D

That's what you get for not using superior Metro skin
which you just made me realize it doesn't do it either... bastard :(
There is an option to do that in Metro too, I believe. There should be an extra folder of stuff in the zip that it comes in? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I had my wallet balance displayed the last time I used Metro.

Aerocrane

Ace Combat Assault Horizon is definitely not what an Ace Combat game should be like. I have Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 on Steam, maybe I should play that instead.

I created an account for the Playfire Rewards beta and it imported all of my Steam data so I got money from a lot of achievements at once. It seems to not even care what Steam says for the unlock dates, because according to Playfire's system they were all unlocked yesterday as that was when the data from Steam was imported.

Aerocrane

Is there a way to close Origin automatically after I use Steam to play one of their games?

Go to Origin settings and in the advanced settings tab (I don't know if its actually called that, my Origin is not in English) there is an option to close Origin automatically after quitting a game.

Khronico

Ace Combat Assault Horizon is definitely not what an Ace Combat game should be like. I have Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 on Steam, maybe I should play that instead.

I created an account for the Playfire Rewards beta and it imported all of my Steam data so I got money from a lot of achievements at once. It seems to not even care what Steam says for the unlock dates, because according to Playfire's system they were all unlocked yesterday as that was when the data from Steam was imported.

Sadly the only Ace Combat game we have on Steam is coincidentally the absolute worst in the series and a mediocre game overall. I doubt we will see more AC in the future, but here's hoping...

catabarez

Yup. I don't know if it's only in the beta client, but it's in the options under Advanced > Automatic Exit.

Go to Origin settings and in the advanced settings tab (I don't know if its actually called that, my Origin is not in English) there is an option to close Origin automatically after quitting a game.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh yeah also what do I need to back up to keep my Non-Steam shortcuts?

Aerocrane

Sadly the only Ace Combat game we have on Steam is coincidentally the absolute worst in the series and a mediocre game overall. I doubt we will see more AC in the future, but here's hoping...

Maybe Bamco will bring over Ace Combat Infinity, since its F2P.
Played the PS3 beta, I don't really want Infinity either.

a beer from uruguay that's pretty famous around these places

like a lot of argies talk about IF YOU VISIT MONTEVIDEO YOU HAVE TO GET SOME PILSEN or whatever and i dunno i still like heineken better

Oh... ok. I know a bit about beer, but not beer from South America.
Pilsen does sound like Pilsner though... :-k

As long as it's not Belgian (sorry Belgians).

I didn't get any money and I have nearly 1600 achievements :/

Edit: I see some money for 7 achievements now but they haven't been added yet. Is it only going to do a few?

zkylon

zkylewd

i don't know anything about beer so my opinion's not too important but like i was pretty disappointed when it wasn't really anything special

best thing about uruguay tho

43998.JPG

last time i went there i brought a whole box of these babies with me

Khronico

Maybe Bamco will bring over Ace Combat Infinity, since its F2P.
Played the PS3 beta, I don't really want Infinity either.

Besides having what is probably one of THE worst F2P mechanics in history, it was an alright game. Still, Bamco could do better porting other games in the series, although it will take some work.

Aerocrane

I didn't get any money and I have nearly 1600 achievements :/

Edit: I see some money for 7 achievements now but they haven't been added yet. Is it only going to do a few?

It seems to do a few at a time, it added some more to the list today even though I've had the achievements unlocked for a long while. I don't know about the money being transferred to a Green Man Gaming account though, I guess that happens on a delay of some sort?

Besides having what is probably one of THE worst F2P mechanics in history, it was an alright game. Still, Bamco could do better porting other games in the series, although it will take some work.

They should port the Xbox 360 game (was it AC6?) to PC. I'd guess that would be the easiest port to do, and because it's an Xbox game I've never played it.

I could probably use my Saitek X52 HOTAS with it too, since Hori-produced Ace Edge was released for the Xbox 360 to go with Ace Combat 6.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pilsen is awful and im pretty sure Quilmes bought it. Patricia is where it's at

bridge is the shit

argie beer is bad, but I like terrabusi stuff
i'll try some next time, tho i won't be visiting in a long while i bet

i kinda wish there was just like a supertrain you could take, i hate them boatrides

_hekk05

Banned
Lawd I finally got my laptop screen fixed. No more dead pixel lines for me. Add the PSO2 SEA news and I'm really happy today

Time to play some games
lol

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
There is an option to do that in Metro too, I believe. There should be an extra folder of stuff in the zip that it comes in? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I had my wallet balance displayed the last time I used Metro.
I can't seem to find said option :(

i never understood the pilsen craze, it was nothing special for me :O
It really isn't, at least not here. You guys seem to like it because most of your beer is shit :p

^
What's a pilsen?
a beer from uruguay that's pretty famous around these places

like a lot of argies talk about IF YOU VISIT MONTEVIDEO YOU HAVE TO GET SOME PILSEN or whatever and i dunno i still like heineken better
Yep, but it's the worst of the 3 current mass distribution local beers though (the "honor" used to be of Norteña)

It sounds like that because it's also referencing the city Pilsen in Czech Republic. Shame it tastes nothing like the excellent and delicious Czech beer :(

i don't know anything about beer so my opinion's not too important but like i was pretty disappointed when it wasn't really anything special

best thing about uruguay tho

43998.JPG

last time i went there i brought a whole box of these babies with me
Best cookies ever? Best cookies ever.

Pilsen is awful and im pretty sure Quilmes bought it. Patricia is where it's at

bridge is the shit

argie beer is bad, but I like terrabusi stuff
Zillertal for the taste, Patricia for the street cred XD

i'll try some next time, tho i won't be visiting in a long while i bet

i kinda wish there was just like a supertrain you could take, i hate them boatrides
Well, there WAS a train... it was not super though :lol

X05

Thanks to the food discussion I just spent $28 on pizzas instead of Steam games. :(
Wow, who would've thought pizzas have CoD aussie tax too.

X05

Everything in Australia is run by Activision.
Makes sense considering the amount of ungodly creatures of doom living there, so Kotick would feel right at home.

My point is that Uplay isn't going anywhere any time soon because the pillar that is AssCreed still sells several million, plus Ubi made a test case out of Rayman Origins by forgoing DRM entirely but it bombed.

I wish Ubisoft took uPlay a bit more serious, there are other games on there but they hardly advertise them at all.

I don't know a single person who has bought games like The Walking Dead or TitanFall from uPlay over Steam/Origin, in fact I know many people who had no idea ubisoft sells third party games on uPlay.

Did you know they sell games like To The Moon on there? I didn't until just recently!
I'd be okay with uPlay being mandatory if it just wasn't as bad(IIRC, buying games that use Steam + uPlay together gives you a better experience than uPlay by itself since Steam has a better patching system or something)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish Ubisoft took uPlay a bit more serious, there are other games on there but they hardly advertise them at all.

I don't know a single person who has bought games like The Walking Dead or TitanFall from uPlay over Steam/Origin, in fact I know many people who had no idea ubisoft sells third party games on uPlay.

Did you know they sell games like To The Moon on there? I didn't until just recently!
I'd be okay with uPlay being mandatory if it just wasn't as bad(IIRC, buying games that use Steam + uPlay together gives you a better experience than uPlay by itself since Steam has a better patching system or something)

Nobody using Origin/Uplay for third-party titles is why they're ultimately going to fail. Blizzard is the obvious exception here but then it's been doing its own thing since 1996.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom