• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

This being the PC container thread I won't be off topic saying that my girlfriend just gave this to me for our anniversary:

lego_minecraft_set.jpg

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This being the PC container thread I won't be off topic saying that my girlfriend just gave this to me for our anniversary:

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Sounds like she's a keeper! :)

Copons

Weirdest thing is that inside there is an instruction booklet. I'd like to know if Notch knows about it and what's his opinion. :D

(So, Petri, if you need it I could scan it for you to ease your job! :D )

Dr Dogg

Everybody should have a second pack mule Steam account. One man's junk is another man's treasure and you never know when those coupons or hats will come in handy. Granted most of the stuff you can flip for profit these days but at least it cleans up the inventory.

yatesl

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-422DA7E53209F648 - Taken by nature boy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aw, the Portal board game that was announced last month is still ~8 months away. I thought it was already out. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
well made some more progress in the banner saga and i think i'm reaching the end. i looked up some stuff on guides 'cos some decisions are really supposed to be made with so very little information :/

it does get a lot better after hakon goes his way and you just get to a single side of the story with a single party that's not overcrowded with varl. just makes much more sense and allows for progression and actually leveling more than your favorite two dudes. it still has the issue that you basically leave people with 1 hp hanging around so they can eat enemy turns and you can then finish them off with low level characters but i don't mind it so much since it's actually leading somewhere rather than jumping back and forth between two barebones parties.

the oregon trail part is getting pretty brutal tho. like man everyone i come across steals my fucking supplies. spent like 4 days with 0 food and with people just leaving my party and now got to a shitty town with 1:1 renown to supplies ratio which basically meant i spent all my shit for like 2 days worth of supplies. so yea, pretty damn brutal.

what a weird game

First time I'm doing a giveaway, so I don't know how well this will work.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-12444225E0B7C807 - Taken by fuzzy123
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-BE99C86ECC9E9B4D - Taken by schwupp
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-213B263E738B2D7F - Taken by PixyJunket
Bridge Constructor -- MB-A24C32C911754E4C - Taken by _hekk05

Fingers crossed this all works!

Tizoc

Only a few hours left on this!
Reposting for new page~
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw awas created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sang-froid -- MB-A25596A84F6B1CE4
A-Train 8 -- MB-309109F8D145D92C
Epigenesis -- MB-5FE9780CC4E47AEC
A New Beginning -- MB-1E4DE5A0C4621DBD
Half Minute Hero -- MB-777010CB49EF4092

t1396714462z1.png

If you have HMH you get an extra discount on HMH2~

So, how's Broken Sword 5? Anyone recommending it? I really liked the first two in the series, I even thought The Sleeping Dragon was pretty decent for what it was, but I fucking hated everything about Angel of Death. So how is it compared to the other games in the series?

derExperte

So, how's Broken Sword 5? Anyone recommending it? I really liked the first two in the series, I even thought The Sleeping Dragon was pretty decent for what it was, but I fucking hated everything about Angel of Death. So how is it compared to the other games in the series?

Word on the street is that it's good quality and much closer to the old ones than the lesser 3 (which I liked too) and 4. Going back to the p'n'c interface instead of direct control alone is enough for me to buy it later today.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Batman AC achievements are up on Playfire. The set is mostly side quest related which isn't too bad. There are handy guides out there for the trickier ones. One Catwoman one isn't till the back half of the game though and the the Riddler hostage requires ~40 or so trophies to trigger IIRC. There is a .50£ one for playing the first half of the Harley Quinn DLC which is pretty short.

Word on the street is that it's good quality and much closer to the old ones than the lesser 3 (which I liked too) and 4. Going back to the p'n'c interface instead of direct control alone is enough for me to buy it later today.
That sounds great. April is pretty packed with adventure games though, so I might wanna wait. Or not. It's tempting.

fantomena

Goddammit, Bethesda. Fallout 3 has been installed for so damn long and it's insanely tempting to start playing it, but I won't until bethesda patches out GFWL.

Why I won't play it before GFWL is gone?

capslock alert

[RANT] BECAUSE I HAVE STARTED ON FALLOUT 3 OVER 5 FUCKING TIMES AND FOR SOME FUCKING REASON GFWL FUCKS WITH THE SAVES AND DELETES THEM AND I DO NOT WANT TO GO THOUGH THAT SHIT AGAIN[/RANT]

Jawmuncher

Just saw that Remember Me got cards. Probably old news but cool nonetheless.

Also it seems that the norm nowadays is 6 cards total for a game. Which i'm ok with. Better than some of the ridiculous ones like KOF13 and Resident Evil Revelations. Once you go past 8 in my book you're asking a bit much.

_______________________________________________-

Fake Edit beaten:
You can mod out GFWL in Fallout 3

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just saw that Remember Me got cards. Probably old news but cool nonetheless.

Also it seems that the norm nowadays is 6 cards total for a game. Which i'm ok with. Better than some of the ridiculous ones like KOF13 and Resident Evil Revelations. Once you go past 8 in my book you're asking a bit much.

_______________________________________________-

Fake Edit beaten:
You can mod out GFWL in Fallout 3
Yes I will craft the shit out of that badge!

aku:jiki

Okay, Little Inferno is pretty great. I thought it sounded lame and the talk about how it critiques the games industry made me roll my eyes but burninating dumb things is more satisfying and fun than it should be and the satire is pretty spot-on. Back to burning!

Bitch of a level too :/. Damn cat.
Yeah, some parts were pretty stupid... But not as stupid as the achievement for beating one of the chapters without dying! Stupid mine cart. :(

r3n4ud

Yeah, some parts were pretty stupid... But not as stupid as the achievement for beating one of the chapters without dying! Stupid mine cart. :(

I gave up on that achievement. The controls are so imprecise that I figured it's not worth my time to bust a nut. Too many games to play to waste time focusing on 100%ing games.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Promised a SteamGaf favorite giveaway yesterday, so there you go...Enjoy this little gem. Probably includes the Viking DLC and the OST as well

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Banner Saga -- MB-D560E1107DF98A04 - Taken by fspm. 61 entrants total.

t1396713521z1.png

Kifimbo

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown -- MB-0BFECD7DF0C9456A - Taken by topyy

Good morning everyone.

Thorgal

Promised a SteamGaf favorite giveaway yesterday, so there you go...Enjoy this little gem. Probably includes the Viking DLC and the OST as well

Awesome !

Actually, i got a question in regards to Modbot .

Say you enter for two raffles , one lasts for 24 h and the other for 3 with the 24H one entered several hours ago and the 3H one now .

If i where to win the 3h one , would Modbot immediately disqualify me from the 24 h one or will it still count ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom