• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogunX

Anybody know if the Oniken Desura key can be redeemed on steam yet?

Can buy the key for £1 and I remember the dev saying he was trying to sort something out with steam.

Aaron D.

So has anyone picked up Viscera Cleanup Detail?

I think the premise is hilarious.

We've been playing corridor shooters for over 20 years, yet not a single person stopped to ask what really happens after all those post-Doom skirmishes.

Someone's got to clean up the mess, right?

I've been playing alpha builds since the game went up for sale last fall. It's uber relaxing in an OCD kind of way. It reminds me of the best qualities found in other soothing, repetitive titles like Farming Simulator.

There's a free demo from the dev website for the curious.

I love that creative alternatives like this exist in the marketplace.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I played the Christmas version and had fun and admired the idea but found it a little too laborious and imprecise to really be as enjoyable as I'd have hoped

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Actually, i got a question in regards to Modbot .

Say you enter for two raffles , one lasts for 24 h and the other for 3 with the 24H one entered several hours ago and the 3H one now .

If i where to win the 3h one , would Modbot immediately disqualify me from the 24 h one or will it still count ?

By default Modbot lets you win once every 15 minutes. This is calculated when a raffle ends and you are selected as a winner; so if you enter a raffle and five minutes before it ends you win something else, and then you are selected to win the raffle, you won't be eligible to win the raffle.

Users can also add in rules prohibiting you from having won in the last day or week. If those rules are in, they are also processed at the time you win.

The length of the raffle timers is irrelevant for the purposes of being able to win. You could win some non-raffle giveaways and multiple 15 minute or 3 hour raffles after entering a 224 hour raffle and before winning

aku:jiki

61Ve6ew.jpg

Seriously, Renegade Kid, what the fuck?

AHA-Lambda

I played the Christmas version and had fun and admired the idea but found it a little too laborious and imprecise to really be as enjoyable as I'd have hoped

Basically what I thought from the Shadow Warrior version. Once I realised the room I was in wasn't the only place to clean up I gave up.

Thorgal

By default Modbot lets you win once every 15 minutes. This is calculated when a raffle ends and you are selected as a winner; so if you enter a raffle and five minutes before it ends you win something else, and then you are selected to win the raffle, you won't be eligible to win the raffle.

Users can also add in rules prohibiting you from having won in the last day or week. If those rules are in, they are also processed at the time you win.

The length of the raffle timers is irrelevant for the purposes of being able to win. You could win some non-raffle giveaways and multiple 15 minute or 3 hour raffles after entering a 224 hour raffle and before winning

I see, thanks !

Echoplx

Damn, Bioshock with the season pass content is huge. I'd be screwed if I didn't get Steam downloads unmetered.

What the hell takes up so much space?

Whats the priority on expired raffle/unclaimed games?

I've tried to claim games which lay unclaimed for hours, and modbot doesn't register the claim.

Anyone see that FTL AE got released a few days ago?

Yeah I just hopped back into FTL because of it. It's been a long time since I've played and I'm struggling to get used to the changes, even without the expansion active.

I miss the days when scrap, missles, and fuel were words instead of icons.

Parsnip

Batman AC achievements are up on Playfire. The set is mostly side quest related which isn't too bad. There are handy guides out there for the trickier ones. One Catwoman one isn't till the back half of the game though and the the Riddler hostage requires ~40 or so trophies to trigger IIRC. There is a .50£ one for playing the first half of the Harley Quinn DLC which is pretty short.

Excellent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, apparently no one has ever gotten a card from Free to Play. I just wanted to make some neat grids for it :(

While the game has cards behind the scenes they're not enabled because currently the system isn't set up to award drops for DLC purchases:

Edit: Broken Sword and Broken Sword 2 are now available to Linux users.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing some of Risen 2. Liking it a lot so far. The combat is pretty shoddy but it does the job fine enough, thankfully I know what I'm getting with a Piranha Bytes game and the exploration/quests seem really fun so far as I expected. Some good mods to really help the game as well, especially the LOD mod. Looking forward to playing more.

yaron777

Could anyone tell me if War of the Vikings has country restrictions? I see Nuuvem has the Valhalla Edition for €50 when it's €135 on Steam, so I could save quite some money. I had a look in the Steam DB but did not find any restrictions (except for RU+CIS countries).

Thanks

MUnited83

For you.
Wasn't it like $6 USD? Do you think they'll honor that though? (sorry if dumb question, I only jut heard about that in passing so unfamiliar with details).

They honored every single price mistake until now, so I don't see why it would change now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could anyone tell me if War of the Vikings has country restrictions? I see Nuuvem has the Valhalla Edition for €50 when it's €135 on Steam, so I could save quite some money. I had a look in the Steam DB but did not find any restrictions (except for RU+CIS countries).

Thanks

It's region-free. Even the RU/CIS retail subs are region-free with the caveat that such keys need a VPN to activate.

Soo, Steam just removed another ~100 games. Yep, outright deleted their respective data. All other data on the same disk is intact.

What the fuck Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom