• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Soo, Steam just removed another 100 games. Yep, outright deleted their respective data. All other data on the same disk is intact.

What the fuck Valve.

Please, more details. We talking complete library removal or removal from store or just removed from you computer/uninstalled for no apparent reason (bug)?

crozier

At the very least, where do you hear that Valve had removed games? I see nothing on their forums, can't find anything on the internet elsewhere...

Stitch

Gold Member
Basically what I thought from the Shadow Warrior version. Once I realised the room I was in wasn't the only place to clean up I gave up.

The big problem was that you had to do everything in one sitting. In VCD you can actually save your progress. So you can clean up the room for a few minutes and then do something else.

Edit: why would Valve remove games from your HDD? Bro you might have a faulty HDD or maybe a virus.

The_Monk

Finally, it's weekend! Guess I'm going to play some ga... oh wait, let's get some pretty icons for my Grid view instead. What's wrong with me? Hehe.

Managed to play a little of "Yet Another Zombie Defense" and it's okay for the asking price, quite a few people managed to enter in my lobby to join me, apparently.

What does this even mean? Like a bug with the program deleted the games off his system, but they're still available for redownload?

Probably the game files are all still there but steam doesn't pick them up. Sometimes happens when you've installed a game in a separate directory than your steam installation.

Removed from library?

The entries are still in the library, but most of the data is gone. e.g. here's what the Sonic Generations folder looks like.

Not sure what caused this. Maybe too early to blame Steam, but since it's only Steam-games and nothing else, I think it's more likely it's Steam-related.

I'm in the beta btw.

List of games?

I don't think it's related to any specific games, but it mostly deleted everything on my E: drive.

What kind of games did they remove? And what were the first 100 games?

Sorry, I didn't specifically mean another 100 games, just another "wave", this time with up to 100 games or so.

Please, more details. We talking complete library removal or removal from store or just removed from you computer/uninstalled for no apparent reason (bug)?

Removed the data for some games.

Garcia

Man, Steam has been so unstable lately. I can't even browse the Community Hub of some games because it's so damn slow. :-/

Parsnip

Oh great, looks like my 360 controller receiver died.
Suppose the infamous fuse blew.
Anyone got any experience with replacement receivers? I'm under the impression that MS stopped selling them individually, so are the Taiwanese knockoffs any good?

In the meantime, time to dig out my old cordless rumblepad, I bet that still works.

So I guess we're supposed to "celebrate" milestones, eh?

I'm at 199 games right now.

If I had any sense of hindsight, I would have grabbed a cheap wishlist game and made Half Minute Hero II my 200th, alas.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh great, looks like my 360 controller receiver died.
Suppose the infamous fuse blew.
Anyone got any experience with replacement receivers? I'm under the impression that MS stopped selling them individually, so are the Taiwanese knockoffs any good?

In the meantime, time to dig out my old cordless rumblepad, I bet that still works.

The knock-offs that Deal Extreme sells are largely considered to be more reliable than the official receiver.

Backlogger

The knock-offs that Deal Extreme sells are largely considered to be more reliable than the official receiver.

Speaking of, does anyone know of a receiver that doesn't have a wire? I want something a little more low profile for my laptop, but have only seen them with wires.

Also, I have had to finesse the drivers a bit to get them working on Windows 8.1. Hoping MS releases some driver updates soon...

Levyne

Banned
I thought my receiver was the real deal but learned recently it is also a knock off. Works fine. Never ha any issue.

Pakkidis

Damn, Bioshock with the season pass content is huge. I'd be screwed if I didn't get Steam downloads unmetered.

What the hell takes up so much space?

Just finished downloading the whole thing about an hour ago. Took me 2 days. What does unmetered mean?

I really wish their was a way to download only the main game and then the DLC later. When you have bandwith caps downloading 35 gigs in one shot sucks. Not to mention if steam goes down....

Just finished downloading the whole thing about an hour ago. Took me 2 days. What does unmetered mean?

I really wish their was a way to download only the main game and then the DLC later. When you have bandwith caps downloading 35 gigs in one shot sucks. Not to mention if steam goes down....

If steam goes down it should auto-reconnect and then continue the download where it left off.

The-Bean

Unmetered means not counting it towards your monthly download quota, if you're unfortunate to have a monthly quota (like me). Fortunately some ISP's allow you to download from Steam unmetered, but you need to use steam-limiter to ensure it only downloads from the unmetered servers.

I've got 150GB a month and am barely scraping by, thankfully Internode offers unmetered Steam... if not for that I would very rarely use Steam.

Jawmuncher

Only GOG game I have played is Under a Killing Moon.
I mainly just buy adventure games from there or stuff that is not at all on steam.

Tizoc

Ummm did ModBot just mess up?
ModBot said:
zerokoolpsx claimed your A New Beginning key. There were 4 entrants.
Saty claimed your Epigenesis key. There were 10 entrants.
alr1ght claimed your Epigenesis key. There were 1 entrants.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well some news about Steins;Gate possibly hitting Steam sometime soon from the OT:
For people who want more detailed information on the Steam negotiations than was ever given on Twitter, there's been a post on the JAST USA forums:

Shingo said:
We're very interested in getting Steins;Gate on Steam. Work is ongoing with our partners in Japan (Nitro+, 5pb., and MAGES.), to figure out terms by which all the stakeholders get what they want. It's a financial equation that has to be worth it for all involved and that seems to be the biggest question mark right now -- we have a powerful will to see S;G (and other all-ages titles) make it to Steam, so I'm optimistic that we'll have more news on this front in the not-too-distant future.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I kind of like hack and slash but I'm not feeling it so far :(

I will probably stick with it though, might just not be in the proper mood for it now

Well it is a lower budget God Of War basically so i can understand you not liking it that much. Just the constant pace and varying things up kept me entertained for its short time.

derExperte

Boy does that look like a dull game.

Seems to be the new it-game, as I mentioned yesterday it's been in the top 10 for a while now and the player numbers are ever increasing. As a fan of just flying around in space in Shattered Horizon I'm considering jumping in but probably not yet.

Turfster

Seems to be the new it-game, as I mentioned yesterday it's been in the top 10 for a while now and the player numbers are ever increasing. As a fan of just flying around in space in Shattered Horizon I'm considering jumping in but probably not yet.

Eh, I'd wait.
Remember the whole Miner Wars 2081 kerfuffle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of, does anyone know of a receiver that doesn't have a wire? I want something a little more low profile for my laptop, but have only seen them with wires.

Also, I have had to finesse the drivers a bit to get them working on Windows 8.1. Hoping MS releases some driver updates soon...

I had no troubles with Win8.1. The drivers that come with the receiver are useless across the board, but in my case it was just a matter of manually installing Win8.1's own receiver driver.

Pakkidis

Unmetered means not counting it towards your monthly download quota, if you're unfortunate to have a monthly quota (like me). Fortunately some ISP's allow you to download from Steam unmetered, but you need to use steam-limiter to ensure it only downloads from the unmetered servers.

I've got 150GB a month and am barely scraping by, thankfully Internode offers unmetered Steam... if not for that I would very rarely use Steam.

Wait WHAT?!?! Since when was this a thing. Sadly my ISP (rogers Canada) does not do this. Is their a way to find out if my ISP can do this for me?

150 GB...I got 80 and 3 people in my house use the internet. I'm left with about 40-50 gigs of download at the end of the month. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom