• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait WHAT?!?! Since when was this a thing. Sadly my ISP (rogers Canada) does not do this. Is their a way to find out if my ISP can do this for me?

150 GB...I got 80 and 3 people in my house use the internet. I'm left with about 40-50 gigs of download at the end of the month. :(

Valve's allowed third-party content servers since forever ago; all your ISP has to do is express intent. ISP-hosted servers are particularly popular in Australia because due to the prevalence of data caps unmetered content has historically played and continues to play a big role in customer decision making. iiNet, for example, in addition to having a few of its own Steam content servers, also has its own Akamai farm and thus also offers unmetered access to Xbox Live and portions of iTunes.

Content syndication among third-party servers was rather poorly handled until at least 2008, though. I distinctly recall having to wait a few days for Internode's content server to get the Orange Box data, but these days it's not an issue at all.

The-Bean

Wait WHAT?!?! Since when was this a thing. Sadly my ISP (rogers Canada) does not do this. Is their a way to find out if my ISP can do this for me?

150 GB...I got 80 and 3 people in my house use the internet. I'm left with about 40-50 gigs of download at the end of the month. :(

From the steam-limiter page:

This project provides a tool for restricting Steam's use of content servers so that it will only use the designated unmetered server provided by the ISP; at present this supports these ISPs:

In New Zealand: Vodafone
In Australia: Telstra BigPond, iiNet, Internode, Optus, iPrimus, and Adam (thanks to rules designed by Angus Wolfcastle)
In South Africa: webafrica, Internet Solutions, SAIX and MWeb (along with a special detection system for dual ISPs)
In Iceland: Vodafone Iceland (again thanks to Angus Wolfcastle)

aku:jiki

Wow, people are actually buying these useless and ugly backgrounds I threw up! Why? Are background collectors a thing?

That waifu one I put up went fast too, like immediately.

Eternia

Are you not able to switch ISPs or stuck in an old agreement that you can't threaten to cancel for a better deal through Winback? I thought it was fairly common for people to get one year deals at 50% off. That way you could at least grab a better package with more bandwidth.

random

I hope Modbot doesn't go crazy with all these special character names.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-9E011418E248B568 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-A7BFECB9DCC83C44 - Taken by Nabs. 10 entrants total.
Type:Rider -- MB-D6F7297837DEFAB1 - Taken by Leg-End. 18 entrants total.

t1396731792z1.png

Cogeco's business packages offer unlimited data transfer. It's a bit expensive, though. I pay 140 bucks for 45/10, unlimited, per month.

I'm trying to grab Windowed Borderless Gaming as suggested on the Sleeping Dogs page on PCGamingWiki but I keep getting a 403 error, and if I right-click and save that way, the archive won't open. Is there an alternate link I'm not finding?

Also is it true most modern games run better in a borderless window? For some reason I thought that would hog some extra resources.

Miker

I'm trying to grab Windowed Borderless Gaming as suggested on the Sleeping Dogs page on PCGamingWiki but I keep getting a 403 error, and if I right-click and save that way, the archive won't open. Is there an alternate link I'm not finding?

Also is it true most modern games run better in a borderless window? For some reason I thought that would hog some extra resources.

There's a few different programs that do windowed borderless gaming, try https://github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming or http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2675769

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Playfire finally decided to update what I did yesterday, but didn't give any of the rewards even though they were done during the valid reward time. How disappointing :(

Jawmuncher

Wow put up a Agarest War background for Fyuria and it sold instantly. A cool 4.50 in the steam wallet for me. Have a sherafiner background up at 10 which is the lowest price. Lets see if my luck continues.

Dr Dogg

Wow put up a Agarest War background for Fyuria and it sold instantly. A cool 4.50 in the steam wallet for me. Have a sherafiner background up at 10 which is the lowest price. Lets see if my luck continues.

What? $'s? That's crazy for a background. Steam's gradual shift to all things anime has one benefit it seams.

I threw an extra $100 at my Visa card just to preorder Watch_Dawgs. It's going to suck, I know it. BTW, is this the first AAA release from Ubisoft that has the same release date as the consoles?

Nah it'll be fine. I quite like The Bureau anyway, wonky DX11 renderer aside. Yeah I think it's the first time Ubi are launching on all platforms day and date in a very, very long time. First time in ages the poor old PC hasn't been a few weeks behind as well *touch wood*.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Major lttp playthrough of Dear Esther today.

That was a really short, intense and pleasant experience. I'm really impressed about how they told that complex story with so few words. Simplicity at its best.

It'll stick with me a while

Milamber

I threw an extra $100 at my Visa card just to preorder Watch_Dawgs. It's going to suck, I know it. BTW, is this the first AAA release from Ubisoft that has the same release date as the consoles?

Playfire finally decided to update what I did yesterday, but didn't give any of the rewards even though they were done during the valid reward time. How disappointing :(

I dont have any rewards for playing "__" first time yet, hopefully i get dat free $$

Jawmuncher

What? $'s? That's crazy for a background. Steam's gradual shift to all things anime has one benefit it seams.

Yeah there's good money on the Anime stuff.
I got a vanguard princess earlier in the month and made 4 off of that as well.
I have the newest Agarest War game preordered and those cards are straight going on the selling block. Last game at launch had cards siting at about 1.50 for a few weeks if not more just for regular.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably just do another playthrough of Sleeping Dogs while everyone is playing Watch Dogs.

Maybe I'll play Sleeping Dogs for the first time when everyone plays WD

probably just EU IV :p

Dr Dogg

I'll probably just do another playthrough of Sleeping Dogs while everyone is playing Watch Dogs.

I might getting back on it actually, plus I need to do Year of the Snake. Been trying to drag myself to finish AC IV but tailing missions be damned it's just lost me. That and I need to get myself back on top of the Social Hub rankings.

Edit: Yesh people are getting bent out of shape about Watch_Dogs requirements, I completely forgot Sleepy Dawgs can't bring even a beefy rig to it's knees with SSAO, SSAA enabled and trying to downsample. 5120x2160 ate all of my VRAM and gave me 4 fps! Yeeeah might have to dial it back a lot.

Tizoc

BASED GABEN HAS REWARDED ME MY FIRST FOIL!
EDIT
AND I JUST SOLD A DOTA 2 RARE ITEM EARNING ME 3 GABEN DOLLARS!

Man, I've been trying to like Hacker Evolution for the past 90 minutes and it's impossible. The basic design is great, using UNIX commands to hack around between servers and using them as relays to hack even more servers and steal logs and all that, but it's so ruthlessly trial & error that I can't deal with it. Hack one server that you shouldn't have and you'll be fucked 20 minutes later when your "trace level" is too high and you can't do anything about it. I've tried the first level 3 times and failed and even though I know what to do and in what order now, I'm not gonna bother.

I will install Duality and see if it's any better, though.

Deadbeat

Banned
BASED GABEN HAS REWARDED ME MY FIRST FOIL!
EDIT
AND I JUST SOLD A DOTA 2 RARE ITEM EARNING ME 3 GABEN DOLLARS!
I once got a crate worth 10 dollars in tf2 so I sold it for 9 dollars because I kept getting undercut so I undercut some other dude and got it sold I beat the system at undercutting others I didnt really use the money for anything worthwhile I think some of it went to planetside 2 and I bought gothic 2 or something but im saving the rest for the next steam sale hopefully there will be something for me to do a big spend or another game to buy where ill make more money selling the items than I paid for the actual game kind of like how it stated in tf2 but then over in cs go ive sold tons of crates and skins I even got that jungle skin and sold that for a dollar but those winter crates easily made me a few dollars really I am now contemplating doing gambling runs opening crates because if I get a stat trak I will finally make some big bucks and can use that to buy more money making games on steam honestly nothing will ever match me trading a series 2 crate for a lugermorph that was the best deal I ever made

Smash88

Banned
Hey JShackles, Enhanced Steam is showing a discount for Watch_Dogs on GreenManGaming, but they are giving out only keys for UPlay and not Steam. I'm just curious does Enhanced Steam show discount for any type of sale of the game, or if it is just for the steam library.

r3n4ud

I once got a crate worth 10 dollars in tf2 so I sold it for 9 dollars because I kept getting undercut so I undercut some other dude and got it sold I beat the system at undercutting others I didnt really use the money for anything worthwhile I think some of it went to planetside 2 and I bought gothic 2 or something but im saving the rest for the next steam sale hopefully there will be something for me to do a big spend or another game to buy where ill make more money selling the items than I paid for the actual game kind of like how it stated in tf2 but then over in cs go ive sold tons of crates and skins I even got that jungle skin and sold that for a dollar but those winter crates easily made me a few dollars really I am now contemplating doing gambling runs opening crates because if I get a stat trak I will finally make some big bucks and can use that to buy more money making games on steam honestly nothing will ever match me trading a series 2 crate for a lugermorph that was the best deal I ever made
That's uh...one long-ass sentence.

Grief.exe

I might just go pick up a DS4 here pretty soon.

Dark Souls II is coming soon, I have a gift card, and, apparently, it is already working on a basic level with the Fire TV.

impact

Banned
I might just go pick up a DS4 here pretty soon.

Dark Souls II is coming soon, I have a gift card, and, apparently, it is already working on a basic level with the Fire TV.

Best controller. Been using it to play DKCR on Dolphin and thank baby jesus for the excellent dpad.

Side note, I wish Volgarr would go on sale.

Aw, what is this goofy shit? They made Duality all mouse-driven and you use realistic tools like fucking EMP satellites to hack into systems.

Oh well, could've been a sweet franchise. Fucking EMP satellites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom