• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I might just go pick up a DS4 here pretty soon.

Dark Souls II is coming soon, I have a gift card, and, apparently, it is already working on a basic level with the Fire TV.

Just be sure to not buy a bunch of games with your DS4 while playing Dark Souls II

Playfire says it isn't retroactive at all but it gave me some money for Metro: Last Light achievements. Not as much as I would have gotten but 3 bucks!

Yeah. I've been replaying the Batman games. I recently completed Asylum and I'm now playing through city. I know a few people prefer the linearity of Asylum, but City just makes me feel more like Batman. Mastering the ability to glide through the skies is great.

Saty

So how do i get into that Play Rewards thing? I created an account at Playfire. Am i also able to earn the rewards with games i play through family sharing?

MUnited83

For you.
Playfire says it isn't retroactive at all but it gave me some money for Metro: Last Light achievements. Not as much as I would have gotten but 3 bucks!

Yeh, it also gave me some for robot roller disco rewards of achievements I did a few days before they were added to the rewards program.

Aerocrane

So how do i get into that Play Rewards thing? I created an account at Playfire. Am i also able to earn the rewards with games i play through family sharing?

Just link your Steam account to Playfire and you're good to go. I think the Playfire representative that posts here from time to time said that achievements from family sharing do not work for the rewards program.

Aw yee new playfire rewards for a game I own and haven't played yet (on pc): http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/playfire-rewards-head-2-head-winner.html

All I need now is a faster connection
njNGBJV.png

Aggravating. Sleeping Dogs should have won. :p

masterkajo

That reference went over my head.

Some people used their PS4 controller to play DS2 on PS3. The PS4 controller also controlled the PS4 at the same time and they ended up buying stuff on PSN without their knowledge. There was a thread about it a couple of weeks back, IIRC.

Deadbeat

Banned
Just link your Steam account to Playfire and you're good to go. I think the Playfire representative that posts here from time to time said that achievements from family sharing do not work for the rewards program.
What happens if I already got achievements unlocked that count?

Dr Dogg

so if they don't do retroactive rewards it means I don't get anything from having unlocked all of these already, right

Nope sadly.

Actually haven't we all got 2 copies of AC in our libraries? Vanilla and GOTY? Which set of achievements are PlayFire checking these rewards off against? I've got most of them for Vanilla but haven't even installed the GOTY Steamworks copy yet let alone got an achievement.

Tizoc

Still waiting for my foil to sell though

CC3AF8645267AFBFD7A2FF8930FA15495047943F

Yo Psychonauts don't look that bad! enjoying it so far, I may not be able to get the Playfire reward cheevos but atleast it gave me a reason to play it =P

Gonna aim to finish it along with Erica Reed by Thursday if I'm lucky.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Actually haven't we all got 2 copies of AC in our libraries? Vanilla and GOTY? Which set of achievements are PlayFire checking these rewards off against? I've got most of them for Vanilla but haven't even installed the GOTY Steamworks copy yet let alone got an achievement.
Goty most likely

I once got a crate worth 10 dollars in tf2 so I sold it for 9 dollars because I kept getting undercut so I undercut some other dude and got it sold I beat the system at undercutting others I didnt really use the money for anything worthwhile I think some of it went to planetside 2 and I bought gothic 2 or something but im saving the rest for the next steam sale hopefully there will be something for me to do a big spend or another game to buy where ill make more money selling the items than I paid for the actual game kind of like how it stated in tf2 but then over in cs go ive sold tons of crates and skins I even got that jungle skin and sold that for a dollar but those winter crates easily made me a few dollars really I am now contemplating doing gambling runs opening crates because if I get a stat trak I will finally make some big bucks and can use that to buy more money making games on steam honestly nothing will ever match me trading a series 2 crate for a lugermorph that was the best deal I ever made

y we still got punctuation

Aaron D.

Thanks for the heads up!
For that matter, what EU4 DLC are worth getting?

EDIT: payment done now waiting for Indie Gala to send me the code...

I was waiting forever for my codes then I read a FAQ on the site that said you can access your keys directly from the site by going to My Account > My Serial Numbers.

Worked like a charm.

For DLC don't miss Conquest of Paradise. I like the Muslim Portraits too as I enjoy playing the Ottomans. The "Packs" are really good deals too.

Tizoc

I was waiting forever for my codes then I read a FAQ on the site that said you can access your keys directly from the site by going to My Account > My Serial Numbers.

Worked like a charm.

For DLC don't miss Conquest of Paradise. I like the Muslim Portraits too as I enjoy playing the Ottomans. The "Packs" are really good deals too.

Thanks found my code, well the DLC is just that so I'll def. give the Ottomans a play.

I know it's beta but the Playfire rewards system has been nothing but a headache for me. I guess since my Playfire and GMG accounts are separate, it doesn't automatically move my rewards into my GMG balance, and support is incredibly slow (most likely swamped) and I seem to get generic responses based on key phrases in my tickets so getting my balance is like pulling teeth. Lately I haven't even been getting credit properly either. I want to love it but they have some work to do.

Grief.exe

Some people used their PS4 controller to play DS2 on PS3. The PS4 controller also controlled the PS4 at the same time and they ended up buying stuff on PSN without their knowledge. There was a thread about it a couple of weeks back, IIRC.

Michael Jordan Snickering .gif

Yo Psychonauts don't look that bad! enjoying it so far, I may not be able to get the Playfire reward cheevos but atleast it gave me a reason to play it =P

Games from that generation benefit emensely from playing at high-resolution. I love the visuals of Psychonauts.

didamangi

It holds up very well. Just wish Double Fine would do some effort to fix some minor things on widescreen resolution like forcing the movies to play in 4:3 ratio and fixing the stretched UI, subtitles and menus.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey JShackles, Enhanced Steam is showing a discount for Watch_Dogs on GreenManGaming, but they are giving out only keys for UPlay and not Steam. I'm just curious does Enhanced Steam show discount for any type of sale of the game, or if it is just for the steam library.

Enhanced Steam will show the price history and current lowest price of the game if it's on sale, even if it doesn't activate on Steam.

If it's confirmed that it activates on Steam, it will say "(Activates on Steam)" next to the low price.

For instance, Enhanced Steam even price checks against GOG.com, which never provides Steam keys.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Does the fighting in Batman Blackgate ever get anymore intense or speed up a bit ? Just seems to be quite slow in general with no real pressure though I'm enjoying the game overall so far. (I'm guessing that's related to its handheld roots)

Backlogger

I had no troubles with Win8.1. The drivers that come with the receiver are useless across the board, but in my case it was just a matter of manually installing Win8.1's own receiver driver.

At the time I couldn't find one specific to 8.1 or even 8 IIRC, I will have to look again. The Windows 7 driver worked fine on Windows 8, it was after upgrading to 8.1 I started to have issues. I had to manually select the driver for the device rather than Windows discovering it automatically.

Save the world!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A NEW BEGINNING FINAL CUT -- MB-7B89EF2698AE690F - Taken by Ingueferroque. 4 entrants total.

t1396740389z1.png

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thanks! I was just curious. Congrats to whoever was able to get it at that price then.
I and Dio Brando managed to snatch it at $6. It's on my account already but good to know they honor pre-orders in these cases so I don't have to worry about it being removed. I grabbed a few games/DLC during price mistakes before but this is my first time with a pre-order.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Success! And immediate failure as I've now have to download the whole thing again.
I already have AC vanilla installed but not GOTY, gonna check if there is some way to reuse the install data and not have to redownload those 15GB again :/

By the way Europa Universalis is 7,89$ at indiegala assuming you have 2000 indie points which you probably have assuming you bought some bundles from indiegala in the past.
That is the cheapest yet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
i don't know anything about beer so my opinion's not too important but like i was pretty disappointed when it wasn't really anything special

best thing about uruguay tho

43998.JPG

last time i went there i brought a whole box of these babies with me
You're wrong. This is the best thing about that country:

reina-africana-2-ltr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom