• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

Note to self: don't correct assholes who like spreading misinformation with any degree of enthusiasm.

I'm back, by the way. :)

Halo: Spartan Ops existing is just WEIRD. It's fun (yaaaay, Steam credit). I actually had some fun with it and my 360 controller. Hopefully, Microsoft decides to put more Halo on Steam.

Pachimari

Just link your Steam account to Playfire and you're good to go. I think the Playfire representative that posts here from time to time said that achievements from family sharing do not work for the rewards program.
Wow I already did this some time ago. I didn't know I would already be eligible for rewards. I only get notified of this on my Playfire profile?

Dr Dogg

Note to self: don't correct assholes who like spreading misinformation with any degree of enthusiasm.

Halo: Spartan Ops existing is just WEIRD. It's fun (yaaaay, Steam credit). I actually had some fun with it and my 360 controller. Hopefully, Microsoft decides to put more Halo on Steam.

Welcome back Doc! Ignorance is bliss is my mantra.

That's the thing I'm weighing up. Do I buy it to say to Microsoft "More Halo please". Though I have the fear that it might send the message of "More smaller focused games please". Only one way to find out I guess.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You're wrong. This is the best thing about that country:

reina-africana-2-ltr.jpg
I wonder how well a desert named African Queen would go down in the U.S.

Pachimari

My wife (non-gamer) was super addicted to Critter Crunch back when it launched on PS3.

Fantastic game.
Yeah. We both played it for the first time tonight and it's wonderful playing against each other on the big screen. I even won when I were in the kitchen. :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Blood Dragon was very fun, just got done with it. I can't say I enjoyed it more than FC3 (the dark and foggy visual style gets tiring and shooting robots isn't as satisfying) but I can definitely see why a lot of people prefer it. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing another entry that goes down a path similar to this one.

I got all the collectibles and progress stuff, except one missable vehicle. It's an optional truck that's locked to a side mission. All the other trucks in the game are not drivable, and you can't replay side missions even if you reset the garrisons, so yeah.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
What's with the Groupees Be Mine 12 "mystery game"? I was thinking it was going to be a game revealed with sales but now I'm a little confused.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
My wife (non-gamer) was super addicted to Critter Crunch back when it launched on PS3.

Fantastic game.
It's really cute but get's incredibly fast and though later on. And some of those puzzles are downright evil.
Great game though. :)

AJ_Wings

Halo 3 would sell like hotcakes for weeks if Microsoft would put that on Steam. Also Steamworks for the multi/coop would help too.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
If anyone has AC vanilla installed and wants to have the GOTY Steam version, you can save like 9GB of data by copying (or renaming) "..\steamapps\common\Batman2" to "..\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham City GOTY" and starting the download.

You're wrong. This is the best thing about that country:

reina-africana-2-ltr.jpg
I haven't had one of those in a while, guess I should rectify that :)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Particulars[Desura] -- MB-18DBCBFBE8BF08C6
ulgzbKC.png
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages[Desura] -- MB-1C9CC893217C30D2 - Taken by Firehead
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventure[Desura] -- MB-3551024BB1A9E7AB - Taken by Ingueferroque
ulgzbKC.png
Splatter[Desura] -- MB-C3F44C08F08F7BD4
ulgzbKC.png
Chompy Chomp Chomp[Desura] -- MB-CF27872FB154AF5F
Monday Night Combat[Steam] -- MB-A62F94AC8C06FD84 - Taken by The Dear Leader
Alien Spidy[Steam] -- MB-B8D5CA276654E904 - Taken by Dambrosi
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages[Steam] -- MB-3CAEE5908D5826D5 - Taken by Kiru
Astro Tripper[Steam] -- MB-69CD6D92D59A8709 - Taken by Henry Swanson

Dambrosi

Banned
ODST at 1080p+ and 60fps+ and I'd pleased as punch. Though I'm not even going to get my hopes up off the ground.
Reach @ those would own my world for the three hours it would take to finish it.

Multiplayer Halo @ those could possibly own my life
when I'm not playing for Playfire creds or in Drangleic's icy grip

Edit: Oh, and thanks to whoever it was and Modbot for Alien Spidy (Steam)!

Razorskin

----- ------
Seeing the Halo: Spartan Assault ad on the Steam store gave me a health attack thinking it was any Halo besides that one...

What's with the Groupees Be Mine 12 "mystery game"? I was thinking it was going to be a game revealed with sales but now I'm a little confused.

I would also like to know. Talking about this bundle, Half-Minute Hero is an amazing game, probably the fastest RPG that I've ever played.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Has anyone that's been playing Arkham Blackgate found the achievements difficult or annoying?
I'm debating to get the game, given that currently Playfire has pretty big amount of rewards for it, something like £5. GOAT has a lot too, but there is more time for that :p

Backlogger

Pretty much the driving factor in buying it was to hopefully promote this idea

Arthea

hey, I can buy from the steam store in browser now! Let's hope next step is letting me buy from client too.
Just tried on Half Minute Hero 2 and it worked!

Tellaerin

I've been wondering about that myself. I figure they'll reveal what it is this week to boost sales in the final stretch. The thing about it being a game that's never been bundled before has me curious as to what it's going to be, but I'm trying not to get too psyched up here. Something comparable to Deadly Premonition's probably too much to hope for.

Mugatu

Reach @ those would own my world for the three hours it would take to finish it.

Multiplayer Halo @ those could possibly own my life
when I'm not playing for Playfire creds or in Drangleic's icy grip

Edit: Oh, and thanks to whoever it was and Modbot for Alien Spidy (Steam)!

Man if they put all the Halos on Steam that would be awesome - plus I can only imagine the great maps we'd get from the community - Forge has to be a million times easier to use with a mouse/keyboard than with a controller.

Grief.exe

Halo 1 + Halo 2 would be perfect. That is all everyone needs to be happy and takes care of those copies that are being left behind due to GFWL.

Halo 3 + ODST would be legendary. I still think Halo 3 is the definitive multiplayer experience and I, not only, love the different take the ODST campaign represented, but also the Firefight mode it added to the franchise.

Shade

DLC for Europa Universalis IV, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Europa Universalis IV Conquest of Paradise DLC -- MB-206355847D74335F - Taken by zeroOman. 7 entrants total.

t1396749972z1.png

fantomena

Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena was extremely slow and boring. I liked the gameplay style, but it was still very boring, only played for about 1-2 hours. Also, the unskippable cutscenes were hell.

Sajjaja

Halo 1 + Halo 2 would be perfect. That is all everyone needs to be happy and takes care of those copies that are being left behind due to GFWL.

Halo 3 + ODST would be legendary. I still think Halo 3 is the definitive multiplayer experience and I, not only, love the different take the ODST campaign represented, but also the Firefight mode it added to the franchise.

I've only played about 1/2-3/4 of Halo 1. Never really experienced online either except rare occasions I played when my friend had a 360.

Thorgal

ANNO 2070 progress report :

Reached level 3 (engineers) and provided all of their needs and still have it being self -sufficient ( meaning, i am producing enough to provide everyone's needs but not so much that my store house's get full and i having to step in selling stuff )
That being said, i do sell certain items that i don't currently need for MOAR money !

Will be researching a lot of stuff for a while and then slowly move over to level 4 ( executive's )

Also if someone is wondering : that giant plain in the middle of the city is where the monument is coming .

styl3s

I only picked up Spartan Ops because i had enough credit from cards and Playfire/GMG is giving $ for achievements.

For $4.99 it's not THAT bad. I had fun for the couple of hours i put in it.

Turfster

The
gas crossbow
in BioInf Ep 2 is a fucking troll.
You can't fucking switch back to regular crossbow, and you can't buy ammo for it...

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I've been wondering about that myself. I figure they'll reveal what it is this week to boost sales in the final stretch. The thing about it being a game that's never been bundled before has me curious as to what it's going to be, but I'm trying not to get too psyched up here. Something comparable to Deadly Premonition's probably too much to hope for.

Yeah that's what I was kind of thinking too. My problem is it's the pretty much the deciding factor between the two tiers for me.

X05

Well, thanks to the rewards and the 20% coupon ended up getting Arkham Blackgate for $10.
Let's hope it's decent at least :p

Salsa

Holy what MAGICS.
(Why the fuck doesn't my scrollwheel go there tho)

in Bio Infinite you can only equip 2 things at a time for fast switching. It's the same with Vigors (hold Q for that wheel)

did you play through the whole game not knowing that? cause that must have been.. frustrating

Turfster

in Bio Infinite you can only equip 2 things at a time for fast switching. It's the same with Vigors (hold Q for that wheel)

did you play through the whole game not knowing that? cause that must have been.. frustrating

Pppppppppppprobably.
It's been ages since I played the game, but yes, I was definitely really annoyed all during Ep 1 that I only got 2 guns and that both of them were pretty much constantly out of bullets =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom