• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoemonk

Are these Anno xxxx games similar to Civ? I've played all the Civ games and have been debating checking those out at some point.

Salsa

QLOC is easily the best at ports

they ported DmC and the benchmarks for that still blow my mind. Game runs at 120fps on a toaster and it looks gorgeous

Jawmuncher

Oh man was able to sell that background last night for 10.
Anime games are where the money is at on Steam.

Dunno what ill use the wallet money for.

I'm so tempted to buy ESO, I had no interest but out of nowhere I've got cravings for it. I know I will regret it ;-;
But not to the level of Defiance, what a piece of shit
Oh man was able to sell that background last night for 10.
Anime games are where the money is at on Steam.

Dunno what ill use the wallet money for.

Good lord, what game?

Kaper

I know I'm a bit late, since its free weekend was a little while ago, but PAYDAY 2 is an absolute blast. I really like how the game has a variety of different mission types (all out gunfights to sneaky missions and everything in between) and it was really challenging for me and my friends. The missions also have small parts that are randomly generated each time, which means you can't really practice tactics over and over again until you get it right. This helps the replay-ability and maintains the difficulty level during multiple retries.

Gunplay feels a bit odd, and I don't like the progression system (don't like them in most games), but I will excuse it on its high level of fun and on the basis that, were I a real criminal, I would get better at my trade as I did more jobs. Teamwork feels good in this game, and I don't think you'll find a better bag tossing sim out there, until Waste Management Simulator comes out, that is.

When it goes on sale again, you owe it to yourself, and your friends, to get this game.

zbarron

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-4DB13AB98B440D89 - Taken by Fuu. 7 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-739C686EB1772F0B - Taken by Alduin. 3 entrants total.

t1396763069z1.png
This is my first giveaway. I think I did this right. If not I'll find a way to send keys to the winners.

Salsa

I know I'm a bit late, since its free weekend was a little while ago, but PAYDAY 2 is an absolute blast. I really like how the game has a variety of different mission types (all out gunfights to sneaky missions and everything in between) and it was really challenging for me and my friends. The missions also have small parts that are randomly generated each time, which means you can't really practice tactics over and over again until you get it right. This helps the replay-ability and maintains the difficulty level during multiple retries.

Gunplay feels a bit odd, and I don't like the progression system (don't like them in most games), but I will excuse it on its high level of fun and on the basis that, were I a real criminal, I would get better at my trade as I did more jobs. Teamwork feels good in this game, and I don't think you'll find a better bag tossing sim out there, until Waste Management Simulator comes out, that is.

When it goes on sale again, you owe it to yourself, and your friends, to get this game.

best music ever too

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
never tried it

sounds like i'm missing out

still can't imagine something better than bridges
It's a hogwash. I prefer the Bridges for the mobility and you can find them anywhere :p

You totally are. If I end up going to Montevideo for Sir Paul's concert, I'm totally going to have one of these motherfuckers.
I'd decide quickly, all the cheaper ones are (almost) sold out already IIRC (and the only reason *everything* isn't sold out yet is because they picked the worst weekend to do it).

should've told me before, my mom goes to montevideo every year to watch the murgas and crap, could've asked her to bring me some :<
I'm guessing you don't enjoy those XD
Some are fun, some are grating, depends on the group and the year.

The rifle reload animation is stuck at 30FPS like all other versions of RE4.
It's a real shame they couldn't make the best reload 60FPS.
Wait, that's the only reload animation keyed at 30fps? It must look kinda weird in-game :/

I ride hard for QLOC.
Nice, I knew they did SSFIVAE, but not a couple of others mentioned

QLOC is easily the best at ports

they ported DmC and the benchmarks for that still blow my mind. Game runs at 120fps on a toaster and it looks gorgeous
SSFIVAE runs at 60fps on basically anything, so yeah, wizards or something.

Wait, that's the only reload animation keyed at 30fps? It must look kinda weird in-game :/
As far as I'm aware it's the only reload animation that's 30FPS, yeah.
And it does look weird in-game(If you're at 60FPS, at 30FPS it looks fine) Leon looks like he's sort of lagging or something when you reload because the rest of the game is still silky smooth 60FPS, and then you got Leon who is 30FPS, and it's just....weird.

Grief.exe

It's not on Steam, but how is Simcity 5 these days ?

Anno has started an itch that might need more scratching later on

Also would Banished scratch that itch also ? ( i know it is more about survival rather then building massive city's )

I'm having an absolute blast with Banished, and the size/complexity of the cities can get quite massive as well.
It is all relative, Sim City is more macro while in Banished, you are focusing on the micro side.

My current city is around 300 in Banished and it is quite sprawling, though you can easily have cities of over 1000 citizens.

I finished Dark Souls this weekend. It was really fun.
I'm not sure if I want to preorder Dark Souls 2 now or wait for PC reviews.

As Nabs said, previews are opening up early next week.

Welcome to the club of Deadpool owners.
It's a pretty funny game, it had a few burst out laughing moments for me(I'd love to say which ones, but I don't want to spoil any of them, they're fantastic)

Environment design is a bit uninspired, it's sewers, factories and stuff like that, and the gameplay is just okay but it's a fun game.

Definitely worth the $7.50 I paid for it.

It's a pretty funny game, it had a few burst out laughing moments for me(I'd love to say which ones, but I don't want to spoil any of them, they're fantastic)

Environment design is a bit uninspired, it's sewers, factories and stuff like that, and the gameplay is just okay but it's a fun game.

It's very unfortunate that is was 95% likely a rushed out product. High Moon Studios always has been great, and for them to put out something of average quality like that... it stinks. Activision probably wanted to get it out before their license expired to get as much cash as possible. Sad situation all around, but I did have fun with it for what it is: a goofy, average game. I'll start it up again sometime soon.

Tizoc

So I take it, 'Free weekend games' don't offer card drops right?

Ah well will have Deus Ex The Fall idling for its card drops then delete it. I've already managed to make up the $10 I spent on it anyways XP.

Oh how do I make Steam stack multiple copies of a coupon? Like say I have 2 or 3 coupons of a game and I want t apply them to it?

Milamber

Are these Anno xxxx games similar to Civ? I've played all the Civ games and have been debating checking those out at some point.

Not that similiar yet quite the same. You have more control over your units and quite a lot more resources to look after. While some stuff are automatic in Civ games, you have to manage more in Anno games. Overall, I have a much more satisfying experience in Anno than Civ.

MUnited83

For you.

Yeah, I know, already played it and completed it on PS3 :). Liked it a lot, a pretty fun and funny game all around. Grabbed a copy while they are still up for reasonable-ish prices (got mine for around 22$)

It's very unfortunate that is was 95% likely a rushed out product. High Moon Studios always has been great, and for them to put out something of average quality like that... it stinks. Activision probably wanted to get it out before their license expired to get as much cash as possible. Sad situation all around, but I did have fun with it for what it is: a goofy, average game. I'll start it up again sometime soon.
I don't doubt that they did make them rush it out, it is a real shame that now High Moon Studios has been sentenced to work on Call of Duty DLC for the rest of their gaming life.

It's totally speculation, but I think they also made Terminal Reality rush out the release of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Terminal Reality released Ghostbusters: The Video game which was actually fantastic and really showed that they knew about the source material and cared about it, I imagine with a little more time Survival Instinct could've actually been a pretty decent game, when I played through it I could definitely see how certain mechanics would make for a much more interesting game had they been fleshed out/polished more.

But in the end, Terminal Reality released the mediocre game we know of as The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and then they died.

:(

They also made Kinect Star Wars which is awesome and the only kinect game I've purchased(The dancing mini game is freaking awesome, I love the "I'm Han Solo" song)

Wolfenstein looks unbelievable and it's good to see the real Starbreeze back and kicking (not that Syndicate was awful, the coop was great)

The gibs in particular have me squealing.

I don't doubt that they did make them rush it out, it is a real shame that now High Moon Studios has been sentenced to work on Call of Duty DLC for the rest of their gaming life.

It's totally speculation, but I think they also made Terminal Reality rush out the release of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Terminal Reality released Ghostbusters: The Video game which was actually fantastic and really showed that they knew about the source material and cared about it, I imagine with a little more time Survival Instinct could've actually been a pretty decent game, when I played through it I could definitely see how certain mechanics would make for a much more interesting game had they been fleshed out/polished more.

But in the end, Terminal Reality released the mediocre game we know of as The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct and then they died.

:(
Ugh, you think exactly how I think. At least they're [likely] making a Call of Duty game instead of being trapped making maps.

I think Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, if given more time instead of rushing it out for the new television season, could have been a surprisingly good game. It has some really interesting mechanics that if fleshed out a bit more could have been a welcomed surprise to what we usually get out of FPSes these days. But instead, what we got is... an unpolished, mediocre licensed title. Another simple cash grab that they needed to rush out to get the crowds rolling over for slop. Ghostbusters is was a very fantastic experience, yeah. I actually bought the PC version on Gamestop a few months back to relive it and got a few hours in before my computer crashed and I lost the save, but man... lots of fun, and great to the source material.

I really hope Activision stops doing this to many companies that work under them, having them do rush projects that don't sell as well as they could have because they wanted money ASAP, and then making that company work on DLC for a better selling title.

Jawmuncher

As the others have said, buy more anime games. Amass an army of anime girl backgrounds and cards, allowing you to crush all enemies and dominate the market.

Use that money to buy more anime games and then reap the profits.

Edit: beaten...

Anime games are alreay by cup of tea, so this extra profit is just a really really nice bonus.

Buy more anime games.

Good lord, what game?

It was Agarest Generations of War

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
should've told me before, my mom goes to montevideo every year to watch the murgas and crap, could've asked her to bring me some :<
Dude, it's a frozen dessert. It'll probably melt before she gets back to Argieland, lol

I'd decide quickly, all the cheaper ones are (almost) sold out already IIRC (and the only reason *everything* isn't sold out yet is because they picked the worst weekend to do it).
Shit, there's a date already? First thing tomorrow, I'll ask my dad and a friend if they want to come with me.

Pachimari

I really need to feed my survival hunger - that's why I build my first PC in the first place - so DayZ or Rust?

I know both are in Early Access and that DayZ have better gunplay, and recently got a rather large update but I'm still unsure which to go for?

Tizoc

IIRC there were indeed issues with the Development of Deadpool, but all things considered it came out well enough. On Normal or Easy it's length is quite fine.

Have playfire offered rewards for playing Deadpool I wonder...

ShogunX

I really need to feed my survival hunger - that's why I build my first PC in the first place - so DayZ or Rust?

I know both are in Early Access and that DayZ have better gunplay, and recently got a rather large update but I'm still unsure which to go for?

Get Project Zomboid instead. Not only is it half the price but it also has cooking, crafting, farming and carpentry. Obviously not as visually appealing as Rust and Dayz but at least the devs know where they are heading with the game.

Pachimari

Get Project Zomboid instead. Not only is it half the price but it also has cooking, crafting, farming and carpentry. Obviously not as visually appealing as Rust and Dayz but at least the devs know where they are heading with the game.

But this time I want something immersive and close in First Person.

Project Zomboid doesn't seem to be online?

Pachimari

It has online coop via a beta version.

Definitely interesting but not what I'm looking for at this moment. Right now, I would just like to run around a world in first person view and survive online, just like either Rust or DayZ. But to me, there doesn't seem to be that huge of a difference between the two.

FloatOn

I finished Dark Souls this weekend. It was really fun.
I'm not sure if I want to preorder Dark Souls 2 now or wait for PC reviews.

Dark Souls 2 is a total mixed bag. But even being a mixed bag by Souls series standards it still kicks the shit out of everything else currently on the market.

I pre-ordered it myself for pc the day it was up for sale, however I also had the good fortune of having a friend buy me a ps3 copy so I wouldn't have to wait. Just don't expect the same level of greatness as Dark Souls 1 and you will be fine.

onionfrog

Dark Souls 2 is a total mixed bag. But even being a mixed bag by Souls series standards it still kicks the shit out of everything else currently on the market.

I pre-ordered it myself for pc the day it was up for sale, however I also had the good fortune of having a friend buy me a ps3 copy so I wouldn't have to wait. Just don't expect the same level of greatness as Dark Souls 1 and you will be fine.
I've generally heard that the world does not feel as cohesive as Dark Souls 1.
I'm still looking forward to it though. I'm not looking up anything on the game content-wise.
I'd like to go in completely blind like I did with DS1. (Except for the Bed of Chaos, because fuck that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom