• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

The latest RE4 patch on Steam fixed the missing GC effects (Specular Highlights, Bump Mapping), increased the audio quality, and fixed other errors.

Plays, looks, and sounds perfectly now.

Aaron D.

Conquest of Paradise shows up as 3.74 in my cart on the indiegala store despite being listed as 1.90?

Same here, the 1.90 must've been a price error.

Yup. Looks like they changed the price to $3.34 (not $3.74 as noted above, are these prices regionally different?) on the store page, so it must have been a goof.

I looked back over my receipt and I definitely only paid $1.89 for CoP.

Still a great price at $3.xx.

The latest RE4 patch on Steam fixed the missing GC effects (Specular Highlights, Bump Mapping), increased the audio quality, and fixed other errors.

Can't wait to play it
when it hits $5. I bought the GC version day one and also the PS3 version.

Pachimari

Now that we're still playing Critter Crunch at 2 I clock at night, I were thinking if there's any other great local Vs games on Steam?

I know Towerfall and Spelunky has something?

Now that we're still playing Critter Crunch at 2 I clock at night, I were thinking if there's any other great local Vs games on Steam?

I know Towerfall and Spelunky has something?
Samurai Gunn, and yes Spelunky has a deathmatch mode.

I think Nidhogg has local MP as well but I'm not sure.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Can't wait to play it
when it hits $5. I bought the GC version day one and also the PS3 version.
Same, I even played a friend's copy on Wii, so I can wait (even if it clearly is the Definitive Edition now)

Copons

WHAT IS THIS TRAVESTY?

https://www.origin.com/it-it/store/on-the-house-ANW.html (Italian url, but should redirect to whatever language you speak, I tried changing the url with en-us and it still went to it-it)

Basically: Origin is giving out games for free with the "On the house" promotion, that will go up and down whenever EA seems more pleasing.
Right now they're giving Dead Space, a seminal game for all the 640x480 players out there.

Funny thing is I won't bother signing up and dowload Origin even with games literally thrown at me. :D

Also sorry if beaten, I'm super busy these days and I'm just scrolling/scanning the thread to catch up. :(

Turfster

I guess I should code a script to convert your posts to RSS feeds to avoid such a huge beating again. :'(

Hey man, like I said, no big!
I'm missing stuff myself these days, the only thing I basically still do is the Steam report for dailies/weeklies/midweek/weekend deals.

Copons

Hey man, like I said, no big!
I'm missing stuff myself these days, the only thing I basically still do is the Steam report for dailies/weeklies/midweek/weekend deals.

Uh, my post came out harsher than I intended, but I was joking of course! :)

And yes, this increasing detachment between personal/professional life and Steam/SteamGAF is leading to me doing weird things like being super efficient with deals and bundles, buying everything I need (or, whatever, +1) and then immediately forgetting what I bought.
Like, the last IndieGala: I've bought it during the first day, keys redeemed immediately and as soon as A New Beginning was unveiled, I redeemed it too, but still this didn't prevent me of entering a couple of ANB giveaways here. :D

I guess I totally need a sabbatical.
From personal/professional life of course, in order to get the necessary grip with Steam and this thread. :D

Miguel81

We used to have the worst version of RE4, and now we got the best. Cool stuff.

Capcom should look into putting CVX HD on Steam now. I want to play that game at 60fps, and with the new dynamic lighting that they added.

Thorgal

It's not on Steam, but how is Simcity 5 these days ?

Anno has started an itch that might need more scratching later on

Also would Banished scratch that itch also ? ( i know it is more about survival rather then building massive city's )

It's not on Steam, but how is Simcity 5 these days ?

Anno has started an itch that might need more scratching later on

Also would Banished scratch that itch also ? ( i know it is more about survival rather then building massive city's )

Well then, Banished and Sim City have something in common then.

onionfrog

I finished Dark Souls this weekend. It was really fun.
I'm not sure if I want to preorder Dark Souls 2 now or wait for PC reviews.

Aaron D.

Offline Mode was patched in not long ago, and while it's a nice gesture, many feel it doesn't address the game's primary flaw of small map size and how it limits growth.

Tropico 4 is still the city builder to beat it seems.

Bundle Stars has the T4 Steam Special Edition on sale for $6 if you're curious.

StAidan

Gave Type:Rider a try today, it's a pretty chill little time waster. Gameplay-wise, it's not much different from other rolling ball physics platformers out there, but the font aesthetic is neat and the experience as a whole seems well-polished. Looking forward to reaching that bonus level, it sounds like the icing on the cake.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So I just loaded my Batman AC vanilla save into the GOTY which is almost at the end
Bats completed it's just right before the final fight in the Catwoman section
and it unlocked only like 4 achievements... very annoying :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is from gonna patch gfwl out of dark souls before dark souls 2's release?

Presumably Scamco will turn its attention to Dark Souls now that Ace Combat's Steamworks patch has moved out of beta, but even if work were to begin in earnest today there's no way the patch would be ready in less than three weeks.

Is there an addon in Enhanced Steam that forces you to play a game in your library at random?

I'm sick of looking at my library and being going the lazy Dota 2 route.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there an addon in Enhanced Steam that forces you to play a game in your library at random?

I'm sick of looking at my library and being going the lazy Dota 2 route.

Nothing in Enhanced Steam, and nothing to force you to play something else.

But if you're looking for a fun way to find a random game in your library, you can always check out Steam Roulette

zkylon

zkylewd
You're wrong. This is the best thing about that country:

reina-africana-2-ltr.jpg
never tried it

sounds like i'm missing out

still can't imagine something better than bridges

WOW!
I thought me beating Arkham Asylum 11 times was a lot, wow!
You must be able to speedrun it like a champ now or something, that's a lot of times to complete a game.

Practically the only game in my life I could ever speedrun. I haven't done it though, I keep getting everything and checking everything every time I play it. This game makes me question if I have OCD or not.

Shade

Some old stuff, shouldn't be taken. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 1 -- MB-067DFA4E46B43FEE - Taken by GaussTek. 24 entrants total.
Humble Indie Bundle 2 -- MB-9FAE714C5AA6B02E - Taken by FauX. 11 entrants total.
Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-1BC4D58D675F7ACB - Taken by natertots. 12 entrants total.

t1396757758z1.png

def sim

Wow. The port team went above and beyond my expectations. It's too bad about the rifle reload animation, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The only thing I found good about Halo: Spartan Assault is that my cards sold for between $0.35 - $0.50, meaning I got about $1.25 back from it.

I found the game pretty boring, slow, and the weapons a bit unresponsive. I played about an hour, and trudged through the first campaign, earning 5/25 achievements.

I can't really comment on the story, as I've never played another Halo game.

zkylon

zkylewd
You totally are. If I end up going to Montevideo for Sir Paul's concert, I'm totally going to have one of these motherfuckers.

should've told me before, my mom goes to montevideo every year to watch the murgas and crap, could've asked her to bring me some :<

Khronico

I swear, it's like clockwork: Every 2 or so months I reinstall M&B Warband and start binge playing. One of the few games to ever make me do this.

Finished Burial at Sea 2, kind of surprised at the route they took with the DLC but the fact that they
managed to tie the series together satisfactorily (despite a few minor moments that didn't seem pre-planned from the beginning)
is pretty respectable. A smart farewell to the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom