• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Age of Mythology + Wargame 3 or Banished + Next Car Game

Got all this CSGO crate money.

Hahaha Valve games have become like loyalty schemes now. First it was TF2 hats now it's CS GO knife skins. I'm sure Valve aren't complaining taking a cut of every market trade as well.

Oreoleo

How exactly are people making so much off CSGO?

Phoenix crates. Sell them for $1.50 a piece (were going for $4-$6 a few weeks/a month ago) or open them and hope you get lucky and uncrate a gun you can sell for $30-80.

A lot of people want those Statrak weapons, apparently.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And once again my badge page URL just redirects me to my profile. This is really annoying.

yaron777

Does anyone know how they can fix my problem?
Every day, at random times (and multiple times a day) I cannot open the store or community on Chrome or in the overlay/client. I can use the store on my smartphone, so I'm thinking it must be a problem with my computer.

Thorgal

I just decided to clean out my cards and sell every double i had and wow , this was quite a lucrative venture .

to spend it on the Bioshock : infinte season pass or not to spend it ?

That is the question .

Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles.
etc ..

wazoo

I'm normally the same way, but with how big Watch Dogs is, it's a pick your poison type of deal for me.
Do I download the 25GBs and basically destroy my data cap or do I get the physical copy and use uPlay?

I tend to lean to the physical copy choice since I'm not the only one in the house who uses the internet(If my little sister can't load her minecraft youtube videos, oh boy, watch out!)

This is a Uplay game, there will be patches that will require the game to be redownloaded again and again. Your argument is only valid in a world of frozen code.

JaseC

Apparently the Thief TF2 items are now marketable and have been for the past few days.

Dr Dogg

I just decided to clean out my cards and sell every double i had and wow , this was quite a lucrative venture .

to spend it on the Bioshock : infinte season pass or not to spend it ?

That is the question .

Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles.
etc ..

I think the question you should then ask is "How much did I like the first BioShock? How much did I like the setting of Rapture?" because Burial at Sea has gone back to the more darker colour pallet and adopted the firsts Art Deco style and aesthetics rather than the Art Nouveau influences of Infinite. From what I've played so far it's like seeing an old friend again that's changed a little but in a good way. Plus the first opening hour had better gameplay than all of Infinite for me.

Or here's a couple of pictures...
69861DD05BB77A190C4A2F10F172B456ADFD9887

370635A734EE7764A23C2EAEEF179DD8B5F5681F

zkylon

zkylewd
Apparently the Thief TF2 items are now marketable and have been for the past few days.

nice

let's sell some crap and earn some moneyz

edit: are you supposed to do anything for them? they don't seem to be in my inventory. maybe the amd thingie doesn't include them, it's probably that :/

JaseC

nice

let's sell some crap and earn some moneyz

edit: are you supposed to do anything for them? they don't seem to be in my inventory. maybe the amd thingie doesn't include them, it's probably that :/

Yeah, you only received them if you pre-ordered on Steam. There's a common misconception that pre-ordering RO2 on GMG netted you TF2 items but in fact the DDE includes them as part of the package.

Anteater

god I hate checkpoint system, especially ones that don't put them right after a boss with no manual save. Quit the game and I have to fight the stupid dude again.

Thorgal

I think the question you should then ask is "How much did I like the first BioShock? How much did I like the setting of Rapture?" because Burial at Sea has gone back to the more darker colour pallet and adopted the firsts Art Deco style and aesthetics rather than the Art Nouveau influences of Infinite. From what I've played so far it's like seeing an old friend again that's changed a little but in a good way. Plus the first opening hour had better gameplay than all of Infinite for me.

Or here's a couple of pictures...

I loved the first two bioshock's so that is already a done deal .

I was more talking about buying it now or waiting for a sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, you only received them if you pre-ordered on Steam. There's a common misconception that pre-ordering RO2 on GMG netted you TF2 items but in fact the DDE includes them as part of the package.
ah ok that's too bad

i feel kinda bad for thief, i bought it knowing it'd probably be not so good but you know i wanted to try it for myself. you know, it was cheap.

thing is, even with gameplay concessions there would've been something that shined through that i could grab into, maybe side missions or some characters or atmosphere or something.

but seems like nope, it's just a very mediocre game on top of being exactly ho wa thief game released on 2014 would be, which is just really sad.

Dr Dogg

I loved the first two bioshock's so that is already a done deal .

I was more talking about buying it now or waiting for a sale.

Oh bollocks I thought it was on offer on Steam but it's somewhere else.

Edit: Ah I see derExperte already beaten me to the punch.

Tizoc

@JaseC- Alright thanks. Hey maybe I have other TF2 items I didn't know I'd unlocked, haven't run TF2 in a long time...

Hmm, should I use this 75% off Last Dream coupon? Did anyone call Square's lawyers yet?

I am rather tempted to take it off your hands, but ait til tomorrow and see if that game goes on sale.

JaseC

@JaseC- Alright thanks. Hey maybe I have other TF2 items I didn't know I'd unlocked, haven't run TF2 in a long time...

Yeah, some time last year I realised that I hadn't received the Kingdoms of Amalur pre-order items, so I ran the game and unlocked them in addition to a ton of others I'd also forgotten about, haha.

Tellaerin

A friend of mine gifted me HL2 when he found out I had never played it. Just started it tonight, and I'm enjoying it so far. Really atmospheric. It must have been utterly mindblowing back in 2004. O_O

Dr Dogg

Last time I installed TF2 was for the brief 30 seconds worth to get Tux from the Linux promo. No idea what other clutter I've got to redeem.

Jawmuncher

A friend of mine gifted me HL2 when he found out I had never played it. Just started it tonight, and I'm enjoying it so far. Really atmospheric. It must have been utterly mindblowing back in 2004. O_O

The most important thing to remember is a Jurassic Park game is what inspired the physics engine in HL2

"Hey, put that can in to the garbage can"

*puts can to garbage*

*me jizzed pants IRL*

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Morning folks. Or afternoon even (12pm here in UK). Don't ever play Diablo III for just a 'quick go' at 1am. Ugh. Went to bed at 6am and now got a bad headache

The most important thing to remember is a Jurassic Park game is what inspired the physics engine in HL2

The awesome Trespasser ? (well it's bad but I admired it for what it tried to do)

Anteater

Just finished arkham origins, fun game, although the boss fights are still kind of weak, they were straight forward and short with some cool cinematic to go along with them, so I like them, I think I've fought bane way too many times in the series though, hopefully they'll come up with something new next time.

Found many visual glitches and weird collision problems, like batman swinging at the air because he's blocked by a piece of debris and the faraway enemy still gets hit in the finisher, enemies getting stuck in the air, etc, I find the game pretty fun because the scenario is really straight forward and paced itself really well, you go in, beat the shit out of people, watch some cinematics, sneak and beat up more dudes and you frequently go against bosses, traversing the city is also quick and fast, the game has a really nice flow to it.

Hope the next game will have bigger improvements on its combat because I'm getting a bit bored of it after 3 games, but since arkham knight will be the last game, I guess I'm ok with them sticking to the same stuff.

Like you have no idea. I was almost questioning reality because it was just so visually striking to look at.

Jawmuncher

The awesome Trespasser ? (well it's bad but I admired it for what it tried to do)

Its definitely a flawed masterpiece in my eyes. So many good ideas ahead of their time. But a rushed development killed any chance it had at being groundbreaking when it came out.

Dr Dogg

Morning folks. Or afternoon even (12pm here in UK). Don't ever play Diablo III for just a 'quick go' at 1am. Ugh. Went to bed at 6am and now got a bad headache

I started up Diablo III when Reaper of Souls came out due to a few mates getting back into it. Lost 6 hours of my life and gained an RSI to my neck and left shoulder.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I started up Diablo III when Reaper of Souls came out due to a few mates getting back into it. Lost 6 hours of my life and gained an RSI to my neck and left shoulder.

It doesn't help that the levels seem to be longer in Reaper Of Souls so during Act V near 6am I kept trying to get to the end of the level/dungeon I was on but was falling asleep by the end. Had to just force myself to go to bed :p

But...but.... dat loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom