• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I'm still a little bit confused about the whole marketplace on Steam. The card drops I get from games, are those the ones I'm supposed to sell? But then I won't have them in my collection anymore?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Finally got to act 5. Only lvl50 because I just wanted to get to it. Maybe the 50% boost will help me catch up, if it even matters in this act.

Jawmuncher

I'm still a little bit confused about the whole marketplace on Steam. The card drops I get from games, are those the ones I'm supposed to sell? But then I won't have them in my collection anymore?

You can sell them for Steam Wallet cash or buy the missing cards to get a badge for that game. Which gives you a wallpaper, emoticon, coupon for random game, and XP to add to your steam level.

Tizoc

GAF...
I am Steam Level 13
I only managed to find 13 of the Goat Trophies in Goat Simulator
Corrosivefist has the highest score among my Steam Friendlist in Flappy Goat at 13 Points

Is this a sign?

It would've been up for grabs but I just noticed a friend had it wishlisted and he gave me like 15 games as a welcome to Steam thing, so I gave him first dibs and he took it.

Good on ya mate, I can always wait for it to go for $1 on groupees or bundles XP.

Bluth54

Still waiting on LabZeroGames to get the go ahead on TF2 Skullgirls gear for backers.
I want me that extra moolah.

Valve told them to put the Skullgirls items they had made for bakers on the workshop, which for promo items is basically sending them to die.

Anteater

GAF...
I am Steam Level 13
Corrosivefist has the highest score among my Steam Friendlist in Flappy Goat at 13 Points

Is this a sign?

Final Fantasy 13 coming to steam?
emot-thumbsupk6kh5.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GAF...
I am Steam Level 13

Is this a sign?

Half-Life 13 confirmed.

Dr Dogg

It doesn't help that the levels seem to be longer in Reaper Of Souls so during Act V near 6am I kept trying to get to the end of the level/dungeon I was on but was falling asleep by the end. Had to just force myself to go to bed :p

But...but.... dat loot!

There's way, way more Legendary's (understandable with the AH gone) and is a bit more fun poking around every dungeon as they are at least rewarding now. Crusader is a very untypical Blizzard under powered new character though and the cool downs after the beta are just bullshit compared to the others.

One thing it has done though is get me excited for Grim Dawn when it comes out of early access and I'm half eyeing up Van Helsing. Now if only I could get over the first few hour hump of PoE.

derExperte

GAF...
I am Steam Level 13

Is this a sign?.

Yes. You need a higher Steam level to find true happiness.

Pachimari

So are you guys just putting all of your cards on the marketplace right away?

I got 191 games, I guess I should get the card drops for those and just place them on the market?

fantomena

After looking through my GOG library, there is one thing all the games have in common: each game is like "super long" and will take dozens of hours to finish. Which means that I will never finish a single game in my GOG library ever. Only "small" games are Riddick, Fahrenheit, The Longest Journey and Dreamfall.

And once again my badge page URL just redirects me to my profile. This is really annoying.

This has happened to me the past 2-3 months. It just happens once a week I can check out my badges page.

derExperte

I got 191 games, I guess I should get the card drops for those and just place them on the market?

If I want a badge I buy the rest but most of the cards are getting sold. Or, if the card prices are still high (let's say over 0.20), I sell immediately and rebuy later for the badge.

JaseC

Yeah, pretty much, unless badges are of concern. If you have any cards pertaining to a licensed game, such as NASCAR 2013, you could hold on them until the game in question has been pulled and wait for the value of the cards to increase (but you'd be waiting quite a while).

Pachimari

Okay. I'm gonna try sell some today but it seems like I can only earn the drops games give me for being in the games and those are common.

Do you buy the more rare cards and re-sell them?

JaseC

Okay. I'm gonna try sell some today but it seems like I can only earn the drops games give me for being in the games and those are common.

Do you buy the more rare cards and re-sell them?

It's a gamble that rarely pays off. I flirted with it last year and barely made a profit.

Tizoc

Keep in mind that the higher your Steam Level, the more people you can add to your friendlist and the higher your chance of getting Booster packs.
Booster packs offer 3 cards from a game you played which you can sell for some extra Gaben Bucks.

However if you've played games and have like a gajillion cards in your Inventory, start by selling off your duplicate cards and Foils. After that see if you can make any badges, and if there are badges you don't want to make, just sell them.

Do note that you only get cards from playing the games. Well technically you can have it run for 30 minutes or more and you'll get the cards too.

JaseC

Keep in mind that the higher your Steam Level, the more people you can add to your friendlist and the higher your chance of getting Foil type cards which go for more than the average Steam card price.

Foils aren't tied to your Steam level; you're thinking of booster pack drops. But I still think that's a little while lie designed to encourage crafting.

hey guys, I'm having problems making run Ninja Blade in Windows 8.1, has any of you make it run? as I launch it the process gets stuck in the background but nothing happens, no window at all, nothing

forgot to say I'm using a GTX 780 in case it helps

zkylon

zkylewd
omg the final boss in the banner saga is so fucking bullshit

i take it back, i hate the heatlh = strength mechanic. it's snowbally as fuck and leaves you zero chance for coming back after you lose a guy or two

ugh such a poorly designed combat system, jeez

Tizoc

The suspense is killing me: What's the Mystery game in Groupees BM12? States it is a game that's not been in a bundle before.

It's def. not Half Life 3 though

Pachimari

Thanks for the help guys. Actually, I think I'm gonna try out do a badge first, just to see it for myself.

But how do you guys find games others are selling? Is there a marketplace website or such?

hohoXD123

GAF...
I am Steam Level 13

Is this a sign?

Good on ya mate, I can always wait for it to go for $1 on groupees or bundles XP.

1x3=
The suspense is killing me: What's the Mystery game in Groupees BM12? States it is a game that's not been in a bundle before.

It's def. not Half Life 3 though

Sweet jesus.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm not sure if this key for Bastion has been used or not, but in case it works; have fun.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MB-D00574E0BA29D714 - Taken by natertots

aku:jiki

I don't sell mine at all. I craft badges, which gives me discount coupons and backgrounds to sell. It's a losing game but it really doesn't cost me that much and I think it's fun. Getting a sweet 90% coupon is always a little rush of excitement!

Tellaerin

i take it back, i hate the heatlh = strength mechanic. it's snowbally as fuck and leaves you zero chance for coming back after you lose a guy or two

I just misread that as "the hentai=strength mechanic". o_o
Paging Milamber... >.>
I think I need sleep.

Dr Dogg

3€ more and I have 140€ in my wallet. My goal is to reach 150€ and then maybe start to use some money.

Hahaha while Jase collects games fanto collects money. To be honest seeing we're 3 and a half month away from Summer Seal time I'd sit on it personally. Well unless a licensed game is about to be yanked.

chixdiggit

Foils aren't tied to your Steam level; you're thinking of booster pack drops. But I still think that's a little while lie designed to encourage crafting.

I disagree with your theory. I am almost level 80 and I get a lot more booster pack drops then my low level friends.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok, beat the banner saga, basically got lucky you can cheese the second stage by forcing turns out of the big boss by having him counterattack you (in which he doesn't heal), and he just took his time killing the useless dudes while mage finished him off.

but jeez, that wasn't fun at all, and the ending is such a
here's your reward! your daughter is dead! later!
wouldn't call it abrupt as there's a good amount of buildup, really. it's not even that bad, it's just that the fight before it is based on such an annoying mechanic it really sours the whole thing.

and there goes the game, pretty disappointed with it, specially cos it should've been much better. all the other elements are there, but the combat man, the combat's a mess. and it's like, sometimes it works and it feels great, the animations and the sound effects are all really cool and there's a really satisfying feeling when after shredding all his armor you take some poor dude's str to like -7 or something. but all the other times it's just awkward, you start inventing strategies like leaving a bunch of 1 str enemies alive so they waste enemy turns and then finish them off with your shitty dudes so they can level up because, you know, your best varl might fall off a cliff and you might be left with a bunch of useless archers. and you know that's the roguelike/oregon trail thing i guess but usually those types of games (good ones at least) have tight enough gameplay or enough replayability that you don't really mind.

i dunno, i've read somewhere stoic isn't interested in changing the combat mechanics but i think they're just bad. some things work. the horn and willpower mechanic is alright, that could stay. the armor/health thing is fine too, as long as health isn't tied so tightly to damage. but they gotta make up some actual stats and make characters actually earn experience for more than kills and they need to make the game less about cheesing it and more about actual tactics. i haven't played that many turn based fantasy games but i know this game could use more enemy and npc types, and more abilities and stats. give us more items and deeper customization, let us choose skill upgrades and all that crap. add back and side damage, allow dudes to guard to temporarily raise armor, i dunno, make some shit up, because this ain't workin'.

well at least i'm on the credits so i don't regret backing this

iwMv4UzPLVR2u.gif

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i don't really regret backing this, but man did stoic try hard or what

I just misread that as "the hentai=strength mechanic". o_o
Paging Milamber... >.>
I think I need sleep.
lol now that'd be an interesting mechanic

Hooray, 1000 games now. Lords of Shadow 2 became the 1000th game :)

Is it on sale somewhere or did you splurge a bit? :)

ok, beat it, basically got lucky you can cheese the second stage by forcing turns out of the big boss by having him counterattack you (in which he doesn't heal), and he just took his time killing the useless dudes while mage finished him off.

wouldn't call it abrupt as there's a good amount of buildup, really. it's not even that bad, it's just that the fight before it is based on such an annoying mechanic it really sours the whole thing.

and there goes the game, pretty disappointed with it, specially cos it should've been much better. all the other elements are there, but the combat man, the combat's a mess. and it's like, sometimes it works and it feels great, the animations and the sound effects are all really cool and there's a really satisfying feeling when after shredding all his armor you take some poor dude's str to like -7 or something. but all the other times it's just awkward, you start inventing strategies like leaving a bunch of 1 str enemies alive so they waste enemy turns and then finish them off with your shitty dudes so they can level up because, you know, your best varl might fall off a cliff and you might be left with a bunch of useless archers. and you know that's the roguelike/oregon trail thing i guess but usually those types of games (good ones at least) have tight enough gameplay or enough replayability that you don't really mind.

i dunno, i've read somewhere stoic isn't interested in changing the combat mechanics but i think they're just bad. some things work. the horn and willpower mechanic is alright, that could stay. the armor/health thing is fine too, as long as health isn't tied so tightly to damage. but they gotta make up some actual stats and make characters actually earn experience for more than kills and they need to make the game less about cheesing it and more about actual tactics. i haven't played that many turn based fantasy games but i know this game could use more enemy and npc types, and more abilities and stats. give us more items and deeper customization, let us choose skill upgrades and all that crap. add back and side damage, allow dudes to guard to temporarily raise armor, i dunno, make some shit up, because this ain't workin'.

iwMv4UzPLVR2u.gif

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

What game is this?

--

GAF...
I am Steam Level 13

Is this a sign?

CorrosiveFIST? hrmmm...

JaseC

I disagree with your theory. I am almost level 80 and I get a lot more booster pack drops then my low level friends.

I'm at level 45 and in a few cases have noticed that I receive boosters less often than those at a lower level. I'm not fussed, though, since I don't care about the profile meta-game and only recently begun levelling up a bit to increase my friend list size as I was just a handful away from hitting my ceiling of 500.

Pachimari

I know it's not a big title but I just want to see if I'm doing this giveaway the right way at first and I also want to give back to the community. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-9918712FCC333932 - Taken by _hekk05. 8 entrants total.

t1396798214z1.png

Volimar

ok, beat it, basically got lucky you can cheese the second stage by forcing turns out of the big boss by having him counterattack you (in which he doesn't heal), and he just took his time killing the useless dudes while mage finished him off.

iwMv4UzPLVR2u.gif

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Christ zkylon, at this point screwing your name up is like a worldwide meme. At least you don't have people telling you that you spelled Voldemort wrong.

zkylon

zkylewd
corrosive fist sounds dirty

What game is this?
sorry, the banner saga

a pretty game with cool decisions and awesome lore and good characters that unfortunately drowns when fording the gameplay river

Christ zkylon, at this point screwing your name up is like a worldwide meme. At least you don't have people telling you that you spelled Voldemort wrong.
it's not so hard, i don't get why people can't get it right :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom