• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yours are fists that corrode your victims whenever you strike them. Causing them to suffer a rotting agnoizing death.

Nice!

I'm at level 45 and in a few cases have noticed that I receive boosters less often than those at a lower level. I'm not fussed, though, since I don't care about the profile meta-game and only recently begun levelling up a bit to increase my friend list size as I was just a handful away from hitting my ceiling of 500.

I thought leveling up was supposed to increase your odds of card/prize rarity. That's why I slowly add badges when I have some extra card money and I see some that are ridiculously cheap to craft.

corrosive fist sounds dirty

sorry, the banner saga

a pretty game with cool decisions and awesome lore and good characters that unfortunately drowns when fording the gameplay river

it's not so hard, i don't get why people can't get it right :<

I'll have to experience it for myself some day -- it's in my backlog. I'll keep a lookout for your name, "zylon". ;)

I keep reading it as 'Zyklon' which sounds like the name of an alien race =V

Until I quoted him the other day and typed it as you read it (how I want to read it too) and got corrected, it just seemed more... natural, because y can be used as a vowel, so I think my brain kind of autocorrects the place of the y and the k as you do.

This is a Uplay game, there will be patches that will require the game to be redownloaded again and again. Your argument is only valid in a world of frozen code.
I'll speedrun it and beat it before any patches come out!
I actually managed to do something like that, I bought Rayman Legends Day 1 and finished it before any patches were released that were janky.

So I may be able to do that again.
Fingers crossed uPlay doesn't mess up...as much as usual.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought leveling up was supposed to increase your odds of card/prize rarity. That's why I slowly add badges when I have some extra card money and I see some that are ridiculously cheap to craft.

That's what the FAQ says but I'm not entirely convinced.

zkylon

zkylewd
I keep reading it as 'Zyklon' which sounds like the name of an alien race =V
well i've said this here before but zyklon b is what the nazis used to gas jews with so i've been called a nazi more than once

it's also the name of like a power metal band so i've also been called a metalhead too

i'm neither (tho i do like me some black sabbath every now and then)

pls why can't people get my name right :(

I'll have to experience it for myself some day -- it's in my backlog. I'll keep a lookout for your name, "zylon". ;)
yea it's a weird game, it's absolutely gorgeous and i really like the universe they built and for the most part the way they tell its story is really good with a pretty unique sense of poignancy and despair and whatnot but the combat is really a frustrating and mostly tedious thing. it's not really hard, i think i lost only like three or four fights in the whole game but it really goes nowhere (you don't unlock anything by leveling up and most npcs are the same so basically your reward for winning fights is having the stats to keep up with the higher level versions of the same enemies) and it hits a couple difficulty spikes that are just very annoying to get through.

i'd say it's mostly worth it for the one great story moment and the general world building stoic did.

but if they don't fix the combat on ep 2 i'm gonna be saaaaad

That's what the FAQ says but I'm not entirely convinced.
forgot to say it yet but this saoirse is megacute, i love her

is it new? do you have the full size pic?

Milamber

well i've said this here before but zyklon b is what the nazis used to gas jews with so i've been called a nazi more than once

it's also the name of like a power metal band so i've also been called a metalhead too

i'm neither (tho i do like me some black sabbath every now and then)

pls why can't people get my name right :(

Haha, I've been mouthing you name as "Zyklon" the whole time, I should look at a users name more closely next time. So where did your name come from anyway? Wonder if anyone even recognizes mine.

kurahador

Man...playing Awesomenauts sure is a lonely experience.
Doesn't help that the games require you to grind for characters and gameplay stuffs.

I think it'll do better if the dev starts introducing steam trade and turn it into F2P.

Bluth54

Damn that's lame as hell.
Thanks a lot valve.
To be fair the items looked awful, they weren't gold star items (basically they didn't pass all the requirements that are required before Valve adds an item to TF2), and they never asked Valve if they could add items to TF2 before telling people they would get items for kickstarting the game. The developers of Skullkids really did everythig wrong and as a hardcore TF2 player I feel Valve was absolutely right to not add the to the game.

Jawmuncher

To be fair the items looked awful, they weren't gold star items (basically they didn't pass all the requirements that are required before Valve adds an item to TF2), and they never asked Valve if they could add items to TF2 before telling people they would get items for kickstarting the game. The developers of Skullkids really did everythig wrong and as a hardcore TF2 player I feel Valve was absolutely right to not add the to the game.

Well than from your angle it does make sense. I never knew those things went that far down when it comes to being added to the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Haha, I've been mouthing you name as "Zyklon" the whole time, I should look at a users name more closely next time. So where did your name come from anyway? Wonder if anyone even recognizes mine.
it's just a name i made up for myself when i was like 10. me and my best friend made up cool names for ourselves and we've been using them since. even if we don't hang out anymore it feels kinda nice that we both stuck with our silly fantasy names.

we used our names for everything, like mmos and like when playing diablo 2, made up superhero versions of our characters and we'd just call each other that irl, it was great!

sadly life splits people apart and u know. i used another name for a while but eventually went back to zky, just seemed right or smthing

no idea why i really like to stress the no capitalization thing. prolly because i don't take myself too seriously and capitals make my name sound like a title or something

My previous alias Hilter ran into that all the time so I know your pain Zyk.

f u -_-

It's an old one: the photo is from a Hanna press conference. I was hoping to have a new one by now, but she didn't attend the IFTAs last night due to Brooklyn's filming schedule (she did win the Best Actress award, though, so hooray -- she probably has a cabinet for them at this point ;)).
ah, nice.

it's weird that you haven't found a new one. back when i used to collect zooey deschanel pics (back in her sweet indie and more importantly for me single days) i would just like go to a fansite or something and they'd have like a billion recent pictures for me to browse through

i once got into the forums but it was too creepy for my taste lol

Getting my Playfire grind on, got $1 from Sleeping Dogs last night and going for $3 ish on Batman Arkham City today.

Yeah I just did all the Arkham City ones I hadn't already done apart from the Doctor Z one and I'm trying to do the cockfighting one in Sleepy Dogs at the moment. I also tried some of the Type:Rider ones and got a foil! Getting paid to play the game and getting $1.26 from the foil, might retire soon.

What is this Playfire thing and how can i get in on it ?

It's the hottest thing since sliced Gaben, you create a Playfire account, link it with your Green Man Gaming account, then link your Steam account, and as you unlock achievements or play certain games, (new games and achievements added daily, but do have a time limit associated with unlocking them) you receive GMG store credit.

http://blog.playfire.com/2013/12/playfire-rewards-beta.html

Yeah I just did all the Arkham City ones I hadn't already done apart from the Doctor Z one and I'm trying to do the cockfighting one in Sleepy Dogs at the moment. I also tried some of the Type:Rider ones and got a foil! Getting paid to play the game and getting $1.26 from the foil, might retire soon.

Yeah it's great stuff, go to the cock fighting ring at the very far west part of the map and the minimum bet is $50,000 so you can get the achievement with just one win.

styl3s

It's the hottest thing since sliced Gaben, you create a Playfire account, link it with your Green Man Gaming account, then link your Steam account, and as you unlock achievements or play certain games, (new games and achievements added daily, but do have a time limit associated with unlocking them) you receive GMG store credit.

I have $10.85 right now with almost $10 pending.

Not playing all these games has paid off. Spent a few hours to get all the achievements in Goat Simulator and the rewards i got paid for the game. I love this because it gives me a reason to go through my backlog and play newer games but i wonder how long this will last?

JaseC

It feels good to have Order of War: Challenge back in my library:

oowchallengeiqsfm.jpg

ah, nice.

it's weird that you haven't found a new one. back when i used to collect zooey deschanel pics (back in her sweet indie and more importantly for me single days) i would just like go to a fansite or something and they'd have like a billion recent pictures for me to browse through

i once got into the forums but it was too creepy for my taste lol

Ah, I haven't gone sifting through older stuff just yet. I might as well continue using this one for a few more days or so, as usual. ;)

didamangi

Getting my Playfire grind on, got $1 from Sleeping Dogs last night and going for $3 ish on Batman Arkham City today.

Downloaded 11GB of Sleeping Dogs data for hours just to get the cock fighting achievement in less than 2 minutes, probably going to do the same with Arkham City.

Dark Souls 2 you better be worth it!

Dec

Man...playing Awesomenauts sure is a lonely experience.
Doesn't help that the games require you to grind for characters and gameplay stuffs.

I think it'll do better if the dev starts introducing steam trade and turn it into F2P.

I agree, but I don't think the grind is bad. It's like maybe 4 hours to unlock all the characters from what I remember. The upgrades for sure take a long time, but a lot of them are personal preference, side grade kind of things.

zkylon

zkylewd

Not playing all these games has paid off. Spent a few hours to get all the achievements in Goat Simulator and the rewards i got paid for the game. I love this because it gives me a reason to go through my backlog and play newer games but i wonder how long this will last?
prolly a lot, since it's only in beta

i kinda don't think it's worth it to go through the trouble of getting all these achievements myself, but i'll quickly try and look up some of the .50 and .25 ups and see how easy they are to do.

making you eat bits of your backlog is fun tho. kinda like cards for old games but since you're forced to actually play them you can actually make use of the time and actually have fun

Ah, I haven't gone sifting through older stuff just yet. I might as well continue using this one for a few more days or so, as usual. ;)
it's just that repeats are super lame yo

if you don't put the work in you'll get outsaoirsed one of these days

Yeah I got a feeling the bigger it gets, the less money per achievement and amount of achievements will start to drop.

Pachimari

Where can I see how much time there's left for the achievements to be eligible for GMG currency?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm loving those Playfire rewards. Not only because it gives me a bigger Dark Souls II discount, but also because it makes me think about and play games I own but haven't played in a while, or not at all. Most of those achievements aren't possible to get, mostly because i'm a "slow" gamer, or I already own them, but still. Fun stuff.
I've been playing a lot of Arkham City since it received Playfire Rewards, even though i've already earned every single one of those. Some of those Extreme Predator maps are almost impossible. :/

Thorgal

Ah damn . i was hoping it would add money to the steam wallet.

Oh well . might check it out later .

fantomena

Playfire awards doesn't even work for me. It worked for a while, then stopped. I have everything linked up and everything should be fine, but nope.

zkylon

zkylewd
Playfire awards doesn't even work for me. It worked for a while, then stopped. I have evrything linked up and everythign should be fine, but nope.

in my short experience with playfire i've seen it takes some times for it to acknowledge your cheevos

like it took me like a day or like half a day i think to register the monaco one i did yesterday?

dunno if that's your issue but if you just got the achievement you gotta be patient for a bit

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
And don't forget to log-in to GMG regularly.

Dr Dogg

Playfire awards doesn't even work for me. It worked for a while, then stopped. I have everything linked up and everything should be fine, but nope.

Have you still got your profile set to private? They stopped working for me when I had it my visibility to private. Thankfully no one has been begging me to buy them stuff since or join their dubious group (fingers crossed).

JaseC

Have you still got your profile set to private? They stopped working for me when I had it my visibility to private. Thankfully no one has been begging me to buy them stuff since or join their dubious group (fingers crossed).

As long as your inventory remains private, having a public profile doesn't attract much unwanted attention -- the amount of random FRs I get every month I can count on one hand. I forgot that I'd set my inventory to public to list the Settlers 7 DLC pack on TF2 Outpost a few days ago, though, and somebody added me today, asking to buy the Thief-themed TF2 items (I accidentally hit "Accept" instead of "Ignore") -- this is actually how I discovered they were finally made marketable so kudos to the bloke for the indirect heads-up. ;)

For a long time I had absolutely nothing in my account apart from the cash for linking my steam account. They all of a sudden about a week ago it started working perfectly and it backdated all the achievements I had done back a couple of months. They may not appear in your account but it does seem they are kept somewhere and should hopefully turn up at some point. Maybe drop them an email?

Same here. The Infowlable achievement for Sleepy Dogz is the first thing to unlock in the last few weeks and I only got half credit for it for some reason.

-MD-

I signed up a week ago and it tracked everything for the first couple days just fine but it hasn't properly tracked my recent stuff in the last 3 or so days, only partial achievements.

Dunno, hoping it fixes itself somehow or they manually do it.

I never did get the playfire award for linking my steam account though I did get some for a few games. Recently got some for Metro Last Light which took a couple of days to pop out. Playfire rewards sure is a nice way to play down my backlog. One game at a time...

At the moment I do have 3 bucks in my GMG account thanks for Playfire and close to $2 that has yet to be put in. Hopefully it'll be put in soon so I can use it for Dark Souls 2 along with the coupon code GMG sent me.

btw..I have a steam coupon for 66% off Age of Empires III: Complete Collection. I don't play those type of games so does anyone want it? Not sure even with that coupon its a good price but if anyone wants it just let me know. (first reply gets it).

Dr Dogg

As long as your inventory remains private, having a public profile doesn't attract much unwanted attention -- the amount of random FRs I get every month I can count on one hand. I forgot that I'd set my inventory to public to list the Settlers 7 DLC pack on TF2 Outpost a few days ago, though, and somebody added me today, asking to buy the Thief-themed TF2 items (I accidentally hit "Accept" instead of "Ignore") -- this is actually how I discovered they were finally made marketable so kudos to the bloke for the indirect heads-up. ;)

Hahaha has it's perks then? Could be why then as my gift inventory has been left private for yonks, just dipping in and out of anti-social reclusiveness when Valve dangle the carrot of hardware betas (and then snatching it away).

I think being a member of official groups is half the problem of getting unwanted invites. I was part of the official TF2 group just as it was transitioning to F2P as it was at the time a good place to source trades but all of a sudden I got bombarded by randoms.

Evrain

In my long-standing quest to get Metal Gear Revengeance (at a price that will not shatter my rather meager wallet, that is), I found a trader with a region-locked key from Nuuvem: anything I should be aware of? Locks? Revokes from Valve? Limits on the languages available?

I think JaseC once said the only restriction was in activation, right?

JaseC

Hahaha has it's perks then? Could be why then as my gift inventory has been left private for yonks, just dipping in and out of anti-social reclusiveness when Valve dangle the carrot of hardware betas (and then snatching it away).

Very rarely. :p I also had someone add me to ask for my Free to Play-themed Dota 2 item set, which I found odd as, well, it's still on the store and I'm obviously not going to sell it for less than what I paid.

In my long-standing quest to get Metal Gear Revengeance (at a price that will not shatter my rather meager wallet, that is), I found a trader with a region-locked key from Nuuvem: anything I should be aware of? Locks? Revokes from Valve? Limits on the languages available?

I think JaseC once said the only restriction was in activation, right?

Nuuvem keys aren't region-locked, unless you're in Asia, in which case you'd need to use a VPN when activating your key.

JaseC

Ah, sorry to bother you again Jase. Yet, the store front states the following:
How come?

It's just a relic from the pre-order phase. Following the Saints Row 4 snafu, Nuuvem now attaches that notice to titles when the publisher hasn't confirmed the region status of keys it'll receive.

I finished downloading the game [Mata Hari] and it loaded just fine without needing to install DirectX, so assuming DirectX is up-to-date at your end, I'm out of ideas, haha. I'm on Win8.1 x64.
Pretty sure it is since DirectX on Win 8.1 is done through Win Updates (according to the site you linked, anyway). Could it be my graphics card? I have an Intel card.

What happens is I'll see that rectangular title screen, then the DirectX error. I used the DirectX installer that came with the Steam files, but that didn't work (as you already know). The solution here didn't work either. I have no idea what else to try. :( Sucks that I basically lost my money on something that doesn't work (for me), but those are the perils of PC gaming. At least it was only 99 cents instead of $9.99 as it's priced on the Steam store. Still though, I feel almost like this guy. (Okay, not quite...)

Speaking of Playfire awards, I looked into the Monaco achievements that have a reward on them. One of them is quite difficult and can only be obtained if you have at least 2 other people in your game and you're all farming for that specific achievement. More to the point though, the global achievement stats for the game present a rather sad picture. Only 1% of all players ever completed the first act of the campaign and it gets worse from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom