• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
It's just a relic from the pre-order phase. Following the Saints Row 4 snafu, Nuuvem now attaches that notice to titles when the publisher hasn't confirmed the region status of keys it'll receive.

I thought Australia was part of America.

aku:jiki

Speaking of Playfire awards, I looked into the Monaco achievements that have a reward on them. One of them is quite difficult and can only be obtained if you have at least 2 other people in your game and you're all farming for that specific achievement. More to the point though, the global achievement stats for the game present a rather sad picture. Only 1% of all players ever completed the first act of the campaign and it gets worse from there.
To clarify, "act 1" is an entire campaign. "Act 2" is like a hardmode remix of the first one.

Mugatu

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Money in the Playfire/GMG bank:

bats89uqn.png

I'll try to get up some thoughts on it, Mirror of Fate, and the Castlevania LOS2 DLC in the next day or so.

To clarify, "act 1" is an entire campaign. "Act 2" is like a hardmode remix of the first one.

Well I suppose that's a bit better... but still, only 1% of players finished the campaign? That's way lower than the already low average game completion stats right?

derExperte

Only 1% of all players ever completed the first act of the campaign and it gets worse from there.

The cheevo is for single player and if you only get it for playing every level alone that explains the low percentage as Monaco is best experienced and sold as a coop game. Also free weekend so if they count everyone the stats are skewed anyway.

Speaking of Playfire awards, I looked into the Monaco achievements that have a reward on them. One of them is quite difficult and can only be obtained if you have at least 2 other people in your game and you're all farming for that specific achievement. More to the point though, the global achievement stats for the game present a rather sad picture. Only 1% of all players ever completed the first act of the campaign and it gets worse from there.

I am the 1%!
I completed Act 1 of Monaco! Not act 2 though since it forces you to collect all the coins from X amount of levels before letting you get to the next stage in Act 2, ugh, no thanks.

My friends were already bored of Monaco before we even reached the half-way point in the first act, so I had to finish the rest of it in single player, and that wasn't very interesting, and then being forced to collect all the coins in previous levels if I wanted to progress further, that was when I was like "You know what, I don't even care anymore, you're staying in my backlog forever"

Turfster

The cheevo is for single player and if you only get it for playing every level alone that explains the low percentage as Monaco is best experienced and sold as a coop game.
Eh, once you've done the campaign multi, single player is easymode.
People are just lazy!
This is why 5 out of my 6 showcased achievements are for Monaco with percentages under .5% ;)

neoemonk

I can't wait for GFWL to be removed from Dark Souls. I tried to fire it up the other day and GFWL needed an update. The update seemed to work but then every time I started Dark Souls it wouldn't go online and would try to download and install the update again.

Finally it stopped doing that but then Dark Souls would only start if I disabled DSFix. After much to do, I finally got GFWL updated and Dark Souls running again on my PC with DSFix, but it ended up taking an hour or so, and that was about all the time I had to play that morning. It can't be removed soon enough.

styl3s

in my short experience with playfire i've seen it takes some times for it to acknowledge your cheevos

like it took me like a day or like half a day i think to register the monaco one i did yesterday?

dunno if that's your issue but if you just got the achievement you gotta be patient for a bit
Yeah took almost 2 days to recognize the 2nd half of my Goat Sim achievements and so far it's only pulled in 1 Halo achievement.

I assume it's because everyone who has a steam account is doing this.

I am the 1%!
I completed Act 1 of Monaco! Not act 2 though since it forces you to collect all the coins from X amount of levels before letting you get to the next stage in Act 2, ugh, no thanks.

My friends were already bored of Monaco before we even reached the half-way point in the first act, so I had to finish the rest of it in single player, and that wasn't very interesting, and then being forced to collect all the coins in previous levels if I wanted to progress further, that was when I was like "You know, what, I don't even care anymore, you're staying in my backlog forever"

In my case Monaco was a game that just fell through the cracks. I was so excited to play it when it launched but I could never convince any of my friends to get it. Playing solo didn't really seem to capture the essence of the game and by the time it went on sale it had just fallen by the wayside.

Jawmuncher

I am the 1%!

My friends were already bored of Monaco before we even reached the half-way point in the first act, so I had to finish the rest of it in single player, and that wasn't very interesting, and then being forced to collect all the coins in previous levels if I wanted to progress further, that was when I was like "You know, what, I don't even care anymore, you're staying in my backlog forever"

I've had this feeling for more than a few games.
Shame that Monaco isn't as good. It's sitting in my backlog and I had planned to play it soon. Might just wait a bit longer before I do so.

Turfster

Dear Irrational: Whoever's responsible for those fucking
teleporting enemies that always teleport right on top of your head
in what you're selling as a "stealth" DLC, fuck you very much too.

aku:jiki

I am the 1%!

My friends were already bored of Monaco before we even reached the half-way point in the first act, so I had to finish the rest of it in single player, and that wasn't very interesting, and then being forced to collect all the coins in previous levels if I wanted to progress further, that was when I was like "You know what, I don't even care anymore, you're staying in my backlog forever"
Yeah, but, why would you not aim to collect all the loot regardless? That's sort of the point of the game - it's a heist game! You're supposed to steal everything that's not nailed down.

Yeah, but, why would you not aim to collect all the loot regardless? That's sort of the point of the game - it's a heist game! You're supposed to steal everything that's not nailed down.
I actually found it more enjoyable to try and beat levels as quickly as possible, so when I did pick up loot, it was only to try and get ammo for my shotgun or some other item so I could make my way through the level quicker.

Beating levels quickly and killing whoever got in my way, that's how I got the most enjoyment out of the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pretty sure it is since DirectX on Win 8.1 is done through Win Updates (according to the site you linked, anyway). Could it be my graphics card? I have an Intel card.

Yeah, it seems the game doesn't support Intel GPUs, or at least some of them. Someone in the thread you mention reported that the game ran just fine after switching to his Nvidia card.

zeroOman

so which game should I go for ? anno 1404 or anno 2070....... I like to play Skirmish more often and some challenge against AI

fantomena

Thinking about buying Banished from the Humble widget since it cots 19,99$ there (14,5€), but 18,99€ on Steam, but Im afraid that a Banished sale could happen at anytime now.

Milamber

I just realized that I never did do an actual benchmark for my new PC.

*peruses steam list*

EDIT: Hmm... I'll try if I can use the new WebM codec to do some true HTML5 streaming of my shadowplay game while I'm at it.

Dr Dogg

Haven't Ubi been mucking around with 1404 for months now? Even though the uPlay version is sorted? What after they scared of money? Or is Yves McDucks' money pit full to the brim or something?

On an unrelated note I think my mouse is on it's last legs due to making a very apt loud, constant squeaking sound at me. Wonder if Logitech will still hook me up 5 years out of warranty?

I just realized that I never did do an actual benchmark for my new PC.

*peruses steam list*

EDIT: Hmm... I'll try if I can use the new WebM codec to do some true HTML5 streaming of my shadowplay game while I'm at it.

I thought WebM is a container not a codec, you know like .mp4. ShadowPlay will still encode on the fly in h.264. Saying that the latest GeForce Experience broke ShadowPlay something chronic for me and I can't remember which version didn't kneecap my framerate.

_hekk05

Banned
Whoo just noticed I won takedown. Thanks madridista.

Been too occupied with the sex appeal thread. The jap art style bashers have arrived and things are getting heated.

Milamber

I thought WebM is a container not a codec, you know like .mp4. ShadowPlay will still encode on the fly in h.264. Saying that the latest GeForce Experience broke ShadowPlay something chronic for me and I can't remember which version didn't kneecap my framerate.

Ah, you're right.

Jawmuncher

Whoo just noticed I won takedown. Thanks madridista.

Been too occupied with the sex appeal thread. The jap art style bashers have arrived and things are getting heated.

Not even worth the trouble man, they never bother to learn.

_____________________________________________________--

I keep looking at the Watch Dogs specs and geez I know it's poorly optimized but my Nvidia 660 I don't think is going to cut it in about a year. Should be fine with my 16gb of ram and i7 though. I sort of regret buying the X51 now since upgrading the card is kind of hard due to the power supply. Really tempted to take the thing apart and work it into a actual Desktop case with a real PSU

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Is it really because of the art style itself or is it just because the art isn't very good? I've got no intentions of going into a thread like that. It reeks of potential bans.

Grief.exe

It's not available for purchase... is something missing here?

Ubisoft removed it from Steam due to a save issue, but patched the problem for the retail and Uplay release.

Ubi has been playing around with a patch on the registry app, we are hoping they are removing Tages, fixing the issue, and putting it back up on Steam.

Tizoc

OK what gives, I entered Team Fortress 2 and it showed me some new items in my inventory but when I go to my inventory I can't sell any of the items I got.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ubisoft removed it from Steam due to a save issue, but patched the problem for the retail and Uplay release.

Ubi has been playing around with a patch on the registry app, we are hoping they are removing Tages, fixing the issue, and putting it back up on Steam.

If Ubi completed patching the games but still refused to make them available for purchase again, I wouldn't be shocked, but what's odd about the inactivity is that DoD: Venice hasn't been updated at all while the other three (Anno 1404, Anno 1404: Venice and Dawn of Discovery) have. I can't help but wonder if patching the games was somebody's little side project but management caught on and put a stop to it.

OK what gives, I entered Team Fortress 2 and it showed me some new items in my inventory but when I go to my inventory I can't sell any of the items I got.

some items are marked not marketable therefore you cannot sell them

unless they are specifically marked "marketable" then I have no idea

Tizoc

some items are marked not marketable therefore you cannot sell them

unless they are specifically marked "marketable" then I have no idea

I was expecting to find the Thief items which I think it's unlocked for me but even then I can't trade or sell the items I got.

I'm starting to think this is a Big Picture Mode problem, and not per individual game, but it seems that when you are in the overlay, the controller still has focus on the game as well.

Meaning that if I'm trying to check my achievements or IM someone, all my inputs apply to overlay AND the game.

It's very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom