• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

If you're using a Kepler card, check out OBS.

https://obsproject.com/

It uses NVENC which is Nvidia API that ShadowPlay uses to get at the h.264 hardware encoder. Offers quite a few more streaming options than GeForce Experience.

Ah, wish I saw this a bit earlier. I uploaded the first 25 seconds of my Sleeping Dogs benchmark at full 60fps 720p video but the game is at full 1080p with everything maxed. Hopefully your browsers can handle it.

wazoo

Ubisoft removed it from Steam due to a save issue, but patched the problem for the retail and Uplay release.

Ubi has been playing around with a patch on the registry app, we are hoping they are removing Tages, fixing the issue, and putting it back up on Steam.

Tages has been removed from all versions. It would be dump to put it back on steam.

Grief.exe

Tages has been removed from all versions. It would be dump to put it back on steam.

Has the Steam version been patched to 1.1? http://anno1404.wikia.com/wiki/Copyright_protection

I haven't followed this game at all until Jase mentioned it, but both PCgamingwiki and Enhanced Steam still list the title with Tages.

Eh, I had a lot more fun with the half-baked stealth than with the shit default combat from ep 1.
To each his own, I guess.

Bioshock Infinite is essentially a cluster fuck of game design in every aspect.

Pachimari

Whoo just noticed I won takedown. Thanks madridista.

Been too occupied with the sex appeal thread. The jap art style bashers have arrived and things are getting heated.

You're welcome. :)

Just bought Europa Universalis IV and the Conquest of Paradise DLC. Reminds me a bit of Risk after having seen a little of it on YouTube.

EDIT:
Guys, how do I actually get the game from the Indie Gala Store?
I haven't received any Steam codes.

_hekk05

Banned
Is it really because of the art style itself or is it just because the art isn't very good? I've got no intentions of going into a thread like that. It reeks of potential bans.

Well they're back at the EO child dancer argument lol. That one has existed since forever. There's also a nippon ichi ver. of the sorceress in dragon's crown, which is actually a decent photoshop.

Those threads are pretty fun, but you must remember not to post there. Everything there is just bait.

On topic: JaseC do you recommend me getting child of light and breaking my uPlay boycott? I don't wanna ever have my saves disappear. I just can't get hurt again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I played Nihilumbra last night (or was it on Friday? Can't remember). It's a nice little game, with an interesting writing and narration. The puzzles are rather easy, but there's an unlockable hard mode when you beat the game. If you have 2 or 3 hours to spare and feel like playing a "light" puzzle/platformer you can't go wrong with this one.

fantomena

I usually dislike Tottalbiscuit due to his opinions (I like his WTF is videos though), but i found this quote by him funny in the WTF is... Halo: Spartan Assault:

"This was originally on Windows Phone. It was a mobile game. Then they ported it to PC, but only released on Windows 8. It's called Windows 8 because there are 8 people that own Windows 8.

Grief.exe

Looks like Rockstar doesn't want me to play Max Payne 3 anymore. I haven't been able to play it since yesterday

Rockstar's face

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

GTA IV is one of the worst ports of all time
Max Payne 3 is inundated with Social Club DRM
No news of GTAV's port yet

It's like they don't want us to play their games.

Is there a way to crack the game and remove Social Club entirely?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On topic: JaseC do you recommend me getting child of light and breaking my uPlay boycott? I don't wanna ever have my saves disappear. I just can't get hurt again.

Regardless of one's feelings toward Uplay I do think that Ubi's little labours of love (Blood Dragon, Might & Magic X and now Child of Light) should be supported.

Nabs

Looks like Rockstar doesn't want me to play Max Payne 3 anymore. I haven't been able to play it since yesterday

Нет соединения с Social Club
No puedo iniciar sesion en social club
Rockstar games login crap
Inicio Rockstar Social club congelado

Some of the more recent Steam discussion threads.

Milamber

Rockstar's face when

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

GTA IV is one of the worst ports of all time
Max Payne 3 is inundate with Social Club DRM
No news of GTAV's port yet

It's like they don't want us to play their games.

I'm sure they can find comfort in the millions they made with GTAV. I don't seem to care about Rockstar anymore unlike before. After playing it on the 360, I kind of lost interest with the game about 25~30% in.

Deques

Нет соединения с Social Club
No puedo iniciar sesion en social club
Rockstar games login crap
Inicio Rockstar Social club congelado

Some of the more recent Steam discussion threads.

Yeah, I have been checking the forums to see if there are solutions. None were found

Anteater

that social club shit sucks, gta4 boots up so much faster offline because of that shit.

I kind of like totalbiscuit, I can't hate a guy that likes god hand.

MRORANGE

Food for thought:

GTAIV was released on 29th April 2008 for 360/PS3 and came out on PC on 2nd December 2008, that's 217 days.

GTAV was released on 17th September 2013 on 360/PS3, it is now 201 days with no news, most certainly we will not have the game before the 217 days timeframe the previous game did.

There are signs that a PC version is coming, but as the way things are looking it might be waiting for next-gen console version to done before Rockstar releases it...

Or it could end up being like RDR...

Thoughts?

Grief.exe

Daily Euro Truck Simulator 2 80% off

Jeremy-Clarkson-Laughing-Driving-an-18-Wheeler.gif

Food for thought:

GTAIV was released on 29th April 2008 for 360/PS3 and came out on PC on 2nd December 2008, that's 217 days.

GTAV was released on 17th September 2013 on 360/PS3, it is now 201 days with no news, most certainly we will not have the game before the 217 days timeframe the previous game did.

There are signs that a PC version is coming, but as the way things are looking it might be waiting for next-gen console version to done before Rockstar releases it...

Or it could end up being like RDR...

Thoughts?

I wouldn't mind a simultaneous release with the current-gen consoles that includes all of the DLC.

JaseC

I'm sure they can find comfort in the millions they made with GTAV. I don't seem to care about Rockstar anymore unlike before. After playing it on the 360, I kind of lost interest with the game about 25~30% in.

I don't own the game myself due to the inevitability of the PC version, but I have played bits and pieces of the story here and there on the X360, however for the most part I've focused on winning a game of golf against the NPC at the golf club. I've ended with a draw a few times now -- I always make one small mistake and ruin my small lead. If I haven't beaten the bastard by the time the PC version hits, I'll be heading to the golf club the very first chance I get, haha.

Pachimari

I'm pretty sure I had already bought Civilization V but it's not in my Steam library anymore.

EDIT:
It is. It was under Sid Meier duh.

Grief.exe

Does that Halo game run in Win7? I thought it was Win8 exclusive but the store page suggests otherwise.

Yep, Total Biscuit just ran a video on it. He mentions the Windows 7 compatibility, and he is playing on a Windows 7 PC.

The gameplay looks pretty fun, as long as the game doesn't drag on for too long.

Dr Dogg

I'm hoping that OBS adds a Shadowplay style background recording option at some point, I'd use it.

Fingers crossed. From what I've used OBS is designed more as a streaming suite but I can't see why it can't buffer 10, 15, 20 mins of footage on the fly. And if it starts to support bitrates higher than 50mbps then it's a done deal.

Food for thought:

I'm think that seeing as they generated $1 Billion in 3 days on last gens consoles Rockstar, Take Two, et all are busy trying to squeeze everything out of them first before moving onto PC. They know peeps will double dip for it.

Anteater

Food for thought:

There are hints that it's coming but if I pretend those didn't exist, I would think Rockstar wouldn't care because they are making a shitload off the console version and gta online, and it might even be harder to port than gta4 with the online module if they didn't develop with PC version in mind, and plus people will probably mod the shit out of the game for additional content instead of paying for microtransactions, also piracy blah blah blah, maintaining a pc version might not seem worthwhile, not until they release the next gen version and see the revenue there, regardless they're not losing much by doing a late port because people are likely to buy it/double dip anyway and they still have DLCs coming to keep the momentum.

Turfster

We've been over this when it was just released.
tl;dr version:
Because while the base game is competent enough... (mostly), the 'story' and characters they keep shoving in your face are dogshit, and the way they take player agency away from you is just a big fuck you.

Dr Dogg

I would because those impromptu moments you get where you've forgot to start recording and something magical or comical happens is still possible to be saved. I was faffing around in Resident Evil 4 and out of nowhere a Ganado started rushing me then stopped and started spinning on the spot pointing straight up in the air like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Alt + F10 and thank you very much.

JaseC

I would because those impromptu moments you get where you've forgot to start recording and something magical or comical happens is still possible to be saved. I was faffing around in Resident Evil 4 and out of now where on Ganado started rushing me then stopped and started spinning on the spot pointing straight up in the air like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Alt + F10 and thank you very much.

I was playing through Rage with a mate back in 2012 and at some point early into the game, while driving on flat road, the player vehicle was hurled straight up into the air and became stuck at the highest point in the world. There was no other option but to just exit the vehicle, crater, and begin again from the nearest checkpoint. To date it's the only wonky physics bug I've ever encountered in the game -- we tried our best to trigger the bug again but eventually gave up and continued with the campaign.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Does that Halo game run in Win7? I thought it was Win8 exclusive but the store page suggests otherwise.

I've been playing it on Win 7 no problem so you're good to go :) For the price I paid I'm having fun with it. Nothing fantastic but just a fun twin stick shooter with Halo trappings.

Grief.exe

I bought the first Metal Gear game to hit Steam, and I fully expect more to arrive. I might as well pick up the first Halo game on Steam, with hopefully more waiting in the wings as well.

Milamber

I bought the first Metal Gear game to hit Steam, and I fully expect more to arrive. I might as well pick up the first Halo game on Steam, with hopefully more waiting in the wings as well.

I thought you meant Metal Gear Solid and immediately hit the store. Now I'm sad.

Euro Truck Simulator 2......ohhhh yes.

Before I buy, is it worth grabbing the gold bundle with Going East DLC?

Yes, you want the additional cities and business locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom