• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought the first Metal Gear game to hit Steam, and I fully expect more to arrive. I might as well pick up the first Halo game on Steam, with hopefully more waiting in the wings as well.

If nothing else, maybe strong Spartan Assault sales will compel MS to bring over other WinStore exclusives... such as ilomilo+. If it weren't for a certain Irish lass I'd probably have an ilomilo-related avatar as the characters are just the most adorable little things:

012111_ilomilo_content--article_image.jpg

Milamber

If nothing else, maybe strong Spartan Assault will compel MS to bring over other WinStore exclusives... such as ilomilo+. If it weren't for a certain Irish lass I'd probably have an ilomilo-related avatar as the characters are just the most adorable little things:

Cue photoshoppers.

Dr Dogg

I was playing through Rage with a mate back in 2012 and at some point early into the game, while driving on flat road, the player vehicle was hurled straight up into the air and became stuck at the highest point in the world. There was no other option but to just exit the vehicle, crater, and begin again from the nearest checkpoint. To date it's the only wonky physics bug I've ever encountered in the game -- we tried our best to trigger the bug again but eventually gave up and continued with the campaign.

Hahaha only 'bug' I had in Rage was turning around too fast and freaking out the MegaTextures. Most games these days have sooo much QA that only bad or low budget games suffer from them en masse unless you go out of your way to break the game. I always remember tweaking the settings of a certain car in Gran Turismo 3 or 4 and it would take off like a rocket powered dragster and wheelie itself around the track. Bizarre thing was that it let you steer as well despite only having the back wheels in contact with the ground.

Turfster

First Metal Gear Solid...
They'd have to... port it again, wouldn't they?
Or convince Microsoft to update and release their original port...

Copons

Euro Truck Simulator 2......ohhhh yes.

Before I buy, is it worth grabbing the gold bundle with Going East DLC?

Not if you think you're gonna hate those motherfucking Czech speed radars they usually hide in the most mischievous places of their beautiful country.

Leg-End

Not if you think you're gonna hate those motherfucking Czech speed radars they usually hide in the most mischievous places of their beautiful country.

I've taken my chances, I'll be a good boy in the speed traps.

Time to whip out the G25 for the full experience.

Turfster

I wish the Legacy Collection came to Steam. I wouldn't even mind if they had to drop 4 because of Sony.

The PC port of 2 would definitely need to be updated.
Quite a lot of cutscenes are hardlock timed with antique videocards, which sends all cars flying on the bridge, for example.

zeroOman

WTF steam why did u re-downland the whole game again... shitt i have to wait 15h just to play Warframe did something like this happen before?

Jawmuncher

First Metal Gear Solid...
They'd have to... port it again, wouldn't they?
Or convince Microsoft to update and release their original port...

Guarantee the Source Code is lost so unless they want to just throw a .exe of MGS1 and call it a day. they'll have to go back to work on it.

It would be my though if they had a studio like Qloc do the work and had them all ported before we get MGSV.
Though obviously i'll take MGSV over nothing if they don't want to give us the older games.

Jawmuncher

Glad you guys are liking Spartan Assault.
I bought it on Windows 8 app store and it bored me to tears. I found it got old pretty quick but I haven't beaten it so we'll see if my opinion changes once I do.

HoosTrax

I'm reading the Steam page user reviews of Spartan Assault, and they're saying that IAPs were removed. Usually in games like this, the IAPs are there for a reason; the game would be either too difficult or too grindy if you're playing it normally. Is that addressed at all?

I'm actually playing a twin-stick shooter at the moment, iBomber Attack, which is probably an iOS port, but it was pretty easy to finish without feeling like I needed any boosters. (btw, this game has very little to do with bombers at all...)

aku:jiki

I'm reading the Steam page user reviews of Spartan Assault, and they're saying that IAPs were removed. Usually in games like this, the IAPs are there for a reason; the game would be either too difficult or too grindy if you're playing it normally. Is that addressed at all?
It's supposedly very grindy, yeah. But that's only if you want to complete it 100%, as far as I know.

didamangi

Finished Psychonauts today (playing it for playfire rewards), not as good as I remembered it but it's still a fun journey.

Did they change Meat Circus somehow? I remembered dying a lot more that I did just now.

derExperte

Spartan is a very easy game, no need to grind for a normal playthrough and the IAPs were never a problem. I would even suggest using the skull-modifiers to raise the difficulty.

Did they change Meat Circus somehow? I remembered dying a lot more that I did just now.

Yes, it was made easier.

Well shit, I just bought Minervas Den and then I noticed that I don't own Bioshock 2 after all.

edit: Harvester has a scary ass Save screen

sk69MET.png

fantomena

If Dark Souls somehow told me that over 80% of my deaths came from falling down a cliff or an edge due to my dumb movements or me not knowing that Im still in the start/pause menu, I would believe it.

wilflare

If nothing else, maybe strong Spartan Assault sales will compel MS to bring over other WinStore exclusives... such as ilomilo+. If it weren't for a certain Irish lass I'd probably have an ilomilo-related avatar as the characters are just the most adorable little things:

I would want some real life plushies of these things :O

Rockstar's face

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

GTA IV is one of the worst ports of all time
Max Payne 3 is inundated with Social Club DRM
No news of GTAV's port yet

It's like they don't want us to play their games.

Is there a way to crack the game and remove Social Club entirely?

You serious? Then I'm glad I skipped the amazon sale.

Anteater

guess i'll give borderlands 2 another try with a new character

This is your best avatar yet Jasec, too bad it'll only last like 5 more days!

Anteater

You serious? Then I'm glad I skipped the amazon sale.

On a i5 3570k and 760 gtx I couldn't get it to run at 60fps consistently, and this is how it looks:

However there aren't much performance lost with mods so it will at least looks good if you decide to mod it, I ended up playing it at like 40fps. It's a piece of shit port that was saved by mods.

Parsnip

I would because those impromptu moments you get where you've forgot to start recording and something magical or comical happens is still possible to be saved. I was faffing around in Resident Evil 4 and out of nowhere a Ganado started rushing me then stopped and started spinning on the spot pointing straight up in the air like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Alt + F10 and thank you very much.

I was playing through Rage with a mate back in 2012 and at some point early into the game, while driving on flat road, the player vehicle was hurled straight up into the air and became stuck at the highest point in the world. There was no other option but to just exit the vehicle, crater, and begin again from the nearest checkpoint. To date it's the only wonky physics bug I've ever encountered in the game -- we tried our best to trigger the bug again but eventually gave up and continued with the campaign.

I had this happen on Darksiders when I played it on 360. I wish I had had a proper recording solution for consoles back then, instead of just shooting the tv with a camera. :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8isPV-oBbS4

Benedict

Has World of Zoo been in any bundles before the one at Bundlestars?
Looks like a good game for my kids but not that interested in the rest of the bundle.

Dr Dogg

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
yea they look like something out of zeno clash or something. i really enjoyed taking pictures of them the few times i went to watch

ah here i was thinking i had invented it

i just call it argieland because argentina is such a pretentious name for a country. also because it's full of argies!
To be fair, the name does make sense :p

Half-Life 13 confirmed.
All PC HL + HL1 PS2 + HL2 XB = 12
:O

Yeah it's great stuff, go to the cock fighting ring at the very far west part of the map and the minimum bet is $50,000 so you can get the achievement with just one win.
Yeah, that's how I did it. Got the Tourist achievement along with it.

Same here. The Infowlable achievement for Sleepy Dogz is the first thing to unlock in the last few weeks and I only got half credit for it for some reason.
Good to know I'm not the only one that got half the reward for that one.

I signed up a week ago and it tracked everything for the first couple days just fine but it hasn't properly tracked my recent stuff in the last 3 or so days, only partial achievements.

Dunno, hoping it fixes itself somehow or they manually do it.
Playfire is being wonky, it hasn't recognized the AC GOTY achievements I got yesterday, nor the ones from Blackgate (or some others I got a couple of days ago and I never got the "link to steam" reward either).
I guess it's expected since it's a beta, but it'd be nice if we had a button to force sync or something.

can i just use the archievement manager thing for playfire rewards?
You'll get banned if you do, so don't.

Money in the Playfire/GMG bank:

bats89uqn.png

I'll try to get up some thoughts on it, Mirror of Fate, and the Castlevania LOS2 DLC in the next day or so.
Nice!
I just started it, are there any particularly difficult/annoying achievements?

Benedict

Some offerings

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Disciples 3 Resurrection -- MB-56D76AB70B89054C - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 9 entrants total.
Dynamite Jack -- MB-AC3451B95A05ADB4 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 2 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-1AC1C7941C904A6F - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Shattered Haven -- MB-244766CE7B15E21E - Taken by trailmix16. 3 entrants total.
Tropico 3 Gold -- MB-11240E74DBF3B886 - Taken by mannerbot. 3 entrants total.
Aerena -- MB-3E273FFF4BD825F1 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.

t1396823730z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom