• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

I want it to come to PC just to hear you give it an angry vivisection like you did Thief.

I'm not going to rebuy it.
I'm glad I resold my console copy quickly enough that I could still recoup 80% of my initial cost =p

I already did something like it in one of last year's threads, though, if you want to go digging for it ;)
Things I could find off the top of my head:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85100925&postcount=11828
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87069202&postcount=767

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GTA can stay on consoles. Just port old games I want to Steam
1781019_549082195209617_2324604152438115219_o.jpg

Never gonna happen. *Weeps*

Milamber

I don't mind about GTA, I just want Red Dead Redemption. I finished it on 360 already but I really liked it and would want to see it run buttery smooth on PC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Never did get to play that one.

Such a gem that failed hard on sales. Im playing it on emulator but it has some issues on my end. I would love a real 1080p Metal Arms and 4 players online MP would be swell. I spent almost as much time as I spent on Time Splitters 2 multiplayer mode.

How hard is it to get those achievements Playfire has for Sleeping Dogs? I don't know how easy most of them would be since I have no concept of how fast you level up or whatever -- trying to figure out if it's worth starting for those few rewards they have or if I should just finish up the other games I have with rewards (I'll probably do this, since I have to finish up blackgate HD and just grabbed Halo to help out all you guys who want more Halo games on Steam).

Anteater

How hard is it to get those achievements Playfire has for Sleeping Dogs? I don't know how easy most of them would be since I have no concept of how fast you level up or whatever -- trying to figure out if it's worth starting for those few rewards they have or if I should just finish up the other games I have with rewards (I'll probably do this, since I have to finish up blackgate HD and just grabbed Halo to help out all you guys who want more Halo games on Steam).

one of them was just a cock fight for 50 cents, it's quick since it's just gambling based on luck

that's the only one I did :p

Pachimari

I'm still pretty new to PC gaming, so can I ask you something guys about video settings?

Which filtering is the highest?
Trillinear
Anisotropic
Billinear

And what about anti-aliasing?
MSAA
CSAA
16x
16xQ?

Turfster

I don't mind about GTA, I just want Red Dead Redemption. I finished it on 360 already but I really liked it and would want to see it run buttery smooth on PC.

I never could play a lot of RDR.
The game keeps trying to melt my PS3 down to slag =p
But yeah, I'd rather see RDR on the PC.
Sadly, chances of this happening are 0, or close enough to it.

it's kind of odd that I will spend a couple of hours on playfire earning achievements playing games to get a few dollars, rather than go into work early and make more in one hour. but maybe the only thing thats odd about that thought is the comparison of games to work and not just the few dollars as an incentive to play games.

Milamber

Oh man, Metal arms! I remember getting a gift from my mom saying she got it for me but it was Metal Saga. I was initially pissed but metal saga was really fun and long enough until I got enough money to get metal arms. Win-win.

Knurek

I'm still pretty new to PC gaming, so can I ask you something guys about video settings?

Which filtering is the highest?
Trillinear
Anisotropic
Billinear

In order of best to worse:

Anisotropic (preferably 16x or 8x)
Trilinear
Bilinear

And what about anti-aliasing?
MSAA
CSAA
16x
16xQ?

Some of these are just a matter of preference. I'm very fond of SMAA, which is post-process based and as such doesn't have as much of a performance hit as MSAA does.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Win? Steamgifts? What haven't you guys been telling me?!

I would advice you to stay away from this site and steamtrades (it's sister site). Full of people that will try to scam you or do worse to you.

My friend once won a game that was in a HB from steamgifts and after a few days his Steam Account was banned for no reason. Turned out the guy who he won the game from used a fraudulent Credit Card to buy the HB. He also got scammed twice by "reputable" traders while trying to sell games in steamtrades

Pachimari

In order of best to worse:

Anisotropic (preferably 16x or 8x)
Trilinear
Bilinear

Some of these are just a matter of preference. I'm very fond of SMAA, which is post-process based and as such doesn't have as much of a performance hit as MSAA does.

Thanks. :)

But what is CSAA? And the Q?

When can we pre-load Dark Souls II from GMG? This is my first time pre-ordering with GMG and I hope to be able to play it once I wake up.

I never could play a lot of RDR.
The game keeps trying to melt my PS3 down to slag =p
But yeah, I'd rather see RDR on the PC.
Sadly, chances of this happening are 0, or close enough to it.

I'm hoping it gets a port if they port it to ps4 and xbone, similar to how Bully was ported.

(I don't think they are going to port it to ps4/xbone though)

Aaron D.

Any recommendations for the cheapest place can buy a Steam key for South Park: SoT ?

I picked it up a few days ago for $24 from G2A.com (Steam key).

I remember a thread over at IGN titled Metal Arms: Uprising. Got so popular that the devs started posting in it. I was so geeked out on the game that I developed a bit of a rapport with one. I PM'ed him asking if they would autograph my game case and he agreed. A couple weeks later my Xbox copy came back signed front and back by the whole team! It was short two signatures I think he said.

2rggzmh.jpg

Man, that game was golden. Class-act team too.

aku:jiki

After selling a bunch of random things on the marketplace, I have found a new goal in life. I'm going to make some useless little game, get it on Steam and include a background featuring a waifu making meme references while sitting on a stack of #yoloswagmoney. I'll be able to retire a billionaire.

Divius

After selling a bunch of random things on the marketplace, I have found a new goal in life. I'm going to make some useless little game, get it on Steam and include a background featuring a waifu making meme references while sitting on a stack of #yoloswagmoney. I'll be able to retire a billionaire.
Drugdealer sim 2015

:weed: :coke: :heroin: emoticons = easy money

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You can learn everything you want to know about anti aliasing here.

In particular, CSAA is anti-aliasing with a special sample type.
The sad thing about this gen is we added a few dozen graphical effects that look nice, yet all have subpixel aliasing while eating away at the same resource you need for real sampling AA. For a while, it was just an issue of turning off DoF. Do I want DoF if everything in the foreground is an aliased mess? No, that looks dumb. Okay, so I'll leave that off and have my delicious SSAA.

But now for some reason everything that is in DX11 is the same way, so you have all the legit geometry getting AA, but anything with a screen effect, blur of some kind or tessellation on it doesn't get AA. So you have this bizarre mix of DoF and motion blur and the like trying to make it seem more realistic, yet it looks less realistic because of all the aliasing everywhere. Tessellation makes it look even worse because then you have more details than ever to get fucked up into a pixelated mess. End result? I think Shogun 2 looks worse than TW games before it, even back to Medieval II.

I'm a bit annoyed when I see nVidia users posting screenshots where they used some special code in inspector to get SSAA in a DX11 game, but then I see some others complaining about games that they couldn't get working with AA until they went to ATI, so I guess it's just whoever has what the developer was working with. Overall though, I feel like graphics have definitely been dragged down with aliasing moving out from DX9. I'm learning to let go since the lighting and colors and whatnot make everything more rich, full, and alive, but goddamn if those chunky pixels don't hurt it considerably.

Tellaerin

If nothing else, maybe strong Spartan Assault sales will compel MS to bring over other WinStore exclusives... such as ilomilo+. If it weren't for a certain Irish lass I'd probably have an ilomilo-related avatar as the characters are just the most adorable little things:

012111_ilomilo_content--article_image.jpg

whynotboth.gif

saoirsemiloikusa.png

Is this BS?

Hello Frost,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

CD Keys are no longer issued for Fallout 3.

However, the game does not require Games for Windows Live to play.

If you previously had your CD Key registered to a Games for Windows Live account, the CD key is already registered to your account, and you do not need to register it again.

Pachimari

From here:

Code:
CSAA	
Coverage Sampling Anti-aliasing

Extends MSAA. It adds a type of samples called Coverage samples.

Code:
Q: Quality. Modes ending with Q double the number of MSAA samples as compared to their regular counterparts.

As far as how good antialiasing methods are (I think) txaa>fxaa>msaa. Here's another link.

You can learn everything you want to know about anti aliasing here.

In particular, CSAA is anti-aliasing with a special sample type.

Oh dear, no.

Thank you guys, I have bookmarked those sites.

On another note, I were finally impressed with my new rig playing Crysis 1 and FF XIV: A Realm Reborn. Dear Esther also looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom