• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't. Fallout 3 never required GFWL to work.

OMG this!!!!!! I got the PS2 version of it on bargain bin years ago and ended up being one of my favorite games ever.

But it prompts me for a key when I boot it -- it's not going to have any sort of Dark Souls level meltdown where if I'm not signed in, I can't save?

derExperte

whynotboth.gif

saoirsemiloikusa.png

JaseC, you know what to do. If only for a week.

MUnited83

For you.
But it prompts me for a key when I boot it -- it's not going to have any sort of Dark Souls level meltdown where if I'm not signed in, I can't save?

Fallout 3 has basically completely optional GFWL integration. The game works perfectly and without any issues even if you don't put the GFWL key.

Fallout 3 has basically completely optional GFWL integration. The game works perfectly and without any issues even if you don't put the GFWL key.

Ok -- cool, thanks!

I've been trying to make sure games that need keys have them and that I play/register all my GFWL now before the service dies for legacy purposes if they never get patched.

Copons

hey, does anyone know if Win 8.1 has been fixed for gaming? ie. the issues with mouse lag etc.

I've been on Win8.1 since January (coming from Win 7 bootcamped on a Mac) and I'm not noticing anything. But then again, my previous computer was crap, so if the mouse moved weird I've always blamed my specs, and so I'm kinda used to these things.

derExperte

hey, does anyone know if Win 8.1 has been fixed for gaming? ie. the issues with mouse lag etc.

They released a hotfix that fixes a bunch of popular games like Deus Ex. Don't know if anything else happend but I haven't heard any complaints since then.

PS Going by my friends-leaderboard Goat Sim has sold at least 250000 times. Nice.

MUnited83

For you.
But Fahrenheit isn't a good game =p

It's actually pretty good. You just have to stop playing before the second half of it starts :p

They released a hotfix that fixes a bunch of popular games like Deus Ex. Don't know if anything else happend but I haven't heard any complaints since then.

PS Going by my friends-leaderboard Goat Sim has sold at least 250000 times. Nice.

Family sharing and piracy counts to the leaderboars too :p

Acccent

thx for the answers :) might try to update to .1 (I have to move all of my Users folders back on my main HDD...)

(@corrosivefrost, it was specific to .1, a lot of people complained after upgrading from 8)

thx for the answers :) might try to update to .1 (I have to move all of my Users folders back on my main HDD...)

(@corrosivefrost, it was specific to .1, a lot of people complained after upgrading from 8)

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'm on 8.1 or not now -- I very well might be, as most of the updates are applied on my PC (I would let them auto apply, but it keeps trying to replace the SCP DS3 custom BT driver and I don't want it to do that -- unfortunately, I haven't found a way to do as old windows update allowed and disable that update from ever applying.

MUnited83

For you.
This makes a game not good ;)
Well, if you pretend the second half doesn't exist at all, it make it good :p
Pirated copies add to the Steam-integrated leaderboards? Then the number should be higher imo.
I'm almost completely sure, yes. The game is steamworks and that seems to not be patched out of the game. I played the game in a friend's house a few days ago, pirated version, and the game starts automatically with the steam overlay and it even showed up on his "recent game activity" on his profile.

I'd even argue that only the first scene was good. Incidentally, it also was in the demo, which was what made me buy the full game back in the day.

I might have played that demo quite a few dozens of times. The sheer amount of different outcomes and details was mind-blowing.

Nabs

Well, if you pretend the second half doesn't exist at all, it make it good :p

I'm almost completely sure, yes. The game is steamworks and that seems to not be patched out of the game. I played the game in a friend's house a few days ago, pirated version, and the game starts automatically with the steam overlay and it even showed up on his "recent game activity" on his profile.

I'm going to need to see the receipts on that one.

When can we pre-load Dark Souls II from GMG? This is my first time pre-ordering with GMG and I hope to be able to play it once I wake up.
If they allow pre-loading for Dark Souls II...I will be very, very happy.
Actually, that might be terrible for me since I'll have lab from 8 to 5:20 that Friday.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm going to need to see the receipts on that one.

It's no longer on his recent game activity so I guess I can't show you any receipts. It definitely happened though, and if steam overlay and recent game activity were on, I guess one could assume that the leaderboards were working too.

Maybe so with that master of deep, insightful and thoughtful writing and storytelling that is David Cage.

He isn't so bad. He just needs to hire someone to yell "STOP" when he starts getting too crazy.

Tenrius

I might have played that demo quite a few dozens of times. The sheer amount of different outcomes and details was mind-blowing.

And then you find yourself in a nondescript office building dodging giant fleas and thinking where the hell things went wrong. Yeah.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
He isn't so bad. He just needs to hire someone to yell "STOP" when he starts getting too crazy.

I honestly don't mind him going crazy as I find it entertaining. That 'matrix' moment made me laugh a lot but it also made the game a lot more entertaining too. Hell I enjoyed Heavy Rain as well. I just find him to have his head stuck way to up his own arse about how good his games are. I'll get round to playing Beyond sometime as well.

Turfster

Beyond:Two Souls was actually good (apart from the
whole bit with the Indians that kinda dragged on too long
).

He needs to stop reusing themes, though.
I mean, half of Heavy Rain referenced the same themes as Fahrenheit =p

MUnited83

For you.
).

Yeah, Beyond Two Souls has the best writing of all his games. Though, maybe because of that, the game suffers on it's choices and consequences mechanic, which it was the most entertaining thing I liked about Heavy Raina and Indigo Prophecy.

Regarding theme, I wish he used the ones he shows on his tech demos. Kara was wonderful, and so was The Dark Sorcerer.

So, the guy plays a pirated version of a Steamworks game while being logged in Steam. Isn't that reckless?

How long am I supposed to wait for playfire rewards? I have stuff that's showed up, but no monies added since the 3rd. I'm assuming that's what the check mark means.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Can it get any more creepy?

).

It's the opposite for me. I think Cage's best writing was in Heavy Rain, even though it's still not very good, and his worst is in Beyond. Heavy Rain and Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy both had some semblance of potential, at least.

...I sort of understand why some people liked the burrito game now.

The new content of the Advanced Edition of FTL is so good.

It's so good. It really streamlined the game and made it even better. Even small touches like showing where each dot on the map leads makes FTL feel even better than it already was.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Breach is worth 25 keys? its like 9.99 at my local london drugs, is it steam works?

I got my Steam copy from registering a retail key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom