• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GAF,

Just wanted to give everyone here a heads up that the Patreon campaign for Enhanced Steam is now under way!

http://www.patreon.com/enhancedsteam

Here's how it works - you sign up for Patreon, then enter an amount you'd like to donate on a monthly basis to help support Enhanced Steam's continued existence. If you donate over $5, you get a special "Enhanced Steam Supporter" badge for your Steam profile. There are gold, silver, and bronze badges for different levels of support.

Even if you can't donate $5 a month, every little bit helps.

I'm not begging for donations, I just wanted to let everyone know that the campaign was live. :)

You should have taken a picture in front of an old PC running Windows 98 with a CRT monitor. Now you look too rich to begin with. I wish you donated me money :p

Tellaerin

YOU GUYS!
http://groupees.com/bm12
Looks like they're hinting at the mystery game!

Mystery.png

^ I think this is the first time a hint has actually left me more confused than I was before. o_O

Started Stalker Call of Pripyat back up to play Misery 2.1(and because it's an incredible game) only to realize that I had forgotten that the dev team had been shut down down and Stalker 2 canceled ;-; At least the team reunited elsewhere.....to make a f2p online game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EA updated the Crysis and Mass Effect bundles earlier. They're probably going to be Weeklies again.

Started Stalker Call of Pripyat back up to play Misery 2.1(and because it's an incredible game) only to realize that I had forgotten that the dev team had been shut down down and Stalker 2 canceled ;-; At least the team reunited elsewhere.....to make a f2p online game.

Which reminds me, I need to hit up GSC again about STALKER RU.

Wow, I passed the 1000 games mark a few days ago, and I did not even notice it. 1011 already now...

It seems that Omikron was my 1000th game. Not a bad choice.

Khronico

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Thank you for reminding me...

Oreoleo

It's not all bad. The STALKER legacy will live on. I'm not sure STALKER 2 could have lived up to the hype but it's nice to dream.

Anyway this is probably a good time to mention that the Misery mod team have a Kickstarter going for a very STALKER-esque looking game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/989416433/the-seed-0
http://www.miserymod.com/?slider=the-seed

If I weren't poor I would definitely back it.

zkylon

zkylewd
just turned 26! i'm depressingly closer to 30 than 20 but hey, that's life :p

thanks steam gaf for being the best friends ever

love you all :3

also my bro just gave me a copy of dks2 pc so here's hoping it's all that grief ever dreamed of and more

maneil99

DocSeuss

It's not all bad. The STALKER legacy will live on. I'm not sure STALKER 2 could have lived up to the hype but it's nice to dream.

Anyway this is probably a good time to mention that the Misery mod team have a Kickstarter going for a very STALKER-esque looking game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/989416433/the-seed-0
http://www.miserymod.com/?slider=the-seed

If I weren't poor I would definitely back it.

It's not a first-person survival game, though, so how's it STALKER-esque?

Levyne

Banned

also my bro just gave me a copy of dks2 pc so here's hoping it's all that grief ever dreamed of and more

happy birthday

Oh man, Misery has a Doom 3 style flashlight system. I'm boned.

BFG edition has no mod support but the marine finally found some tape :p

But I suppose you could have just modded that in anyway, haha

Oreoleo

Its a 2D chhoose your story book , :(
i know ;( although i think that might be selling it a bit short, i get the impression it will be similar to old-school adventure type games as well.

It's not a first-person survival game, though, so how's it STALKER-esque?

visually, i mean. cataclysmic event wipes out large portion of the population in industrial europe. they are clearly going for similar themes even if its not a shooty game.

Milamber

Oh man, I completely forgot I bought Viscera Cleanup Detail months ago from RuneStorm. Checked my Humble Bundle page and got my Steam key.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Happy birthday!

Its a 2D chhoose your story book , :(

i know ;( although i think that might be selling it a bit short, i get the impression it will be similar to old-school adventure type games as well.

You say that like it's a bad thing. The world needs more 2D interactive novels.

Oreoleo

You say that like it's a bad thing. The world needs more 2D interactive novels.

well, no. not in and of itself. but with the legacy of stalker, and the work the team did on misery mod it's hard not to wish it were a bit more. but it's still something i'm interested in, definitely. whatever vision the team has i'm confident they can nail it, and maybe from there move on to bigger and better.

Grief.exe

Happy birthday! That is a good brother.

Not looking up for the lighting in the PC release, but we can keep hoping. Looks like previews are starting up tomorrow.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
well, no. not in and of itself. but with the legacy of stalker, and the work the team did on misery mod it's hard not to wish it were a bit more. but it's still something i'm interested in, definitely. whatever vision the team has i'm confident they can nail it, and maybe from there move on to bigger and better.

True. I'd love another Stalker entry, even as a mod, or even another Stalker-esque game.

In other news, Flappy Bird, or at least a clone of it, might make it onto Steam after all. Though in a more mature, adult format.

Copons

https://twitter.com/Reives_Freebird/status/453044661259489280

Ooh, To The Moon is getting steam trading cards.
Hopefully for those of you who haven't played the game yet, this'll push you over the edge because To The Moon is a fantastic game and it's one of the few games that have made me pretty damn emotional.

Argh I hate when games I've already played get cards. They should unlock them based on my current playtime. Or giving me a faster connection, because I can't live like this for 20c anymore. :'(

Milamber

Argh I hate when games I've already played get cards. They should unlock them based on my current playtime. Or giving me a faster connection, because I can't live like this for 20c anymore. :'(

Just run the game on your off time, or use SAM, or that one weird appid text trick that Steam hates you for it.

Copons

Just run the game on your off time, or use SAM, or that one weird appid text trick that Steam hates you for it.

I've always ditched SAM for, like, staying true to Gaben, so I don't remember: does it work with not installed games?
Because my main problem isn't really the idling part, but the downloading one, as my speed caps at 600KBps, and when I'm over 300KBps I basically cannot browse anymore. (great value for a 20Mbps promised connection! :D )

Deques

I've always ditched SAM for, like, staying true to Gaben, so I don't remember: does it work with not installed games?
Because my main problem isn't really the idling part, but the downloading one, as my speed caps at 600KBps, and when I'm over 300KBps I basically cannot browse anymore. (great value for a 20Mbps promised connection! :D )

I wouldn't download a large game just to get some cards. SAM is the best choice for it

Copons

Sam does worm with uninstalled games. Nothing to worry about.

I hate worms as much as the next guys, but this is great news nonetheless! Going to install SAM as soon as possible, because I totally need cash to be ready to buy Red Dead Redemption and Anno 1404!

Speaking of which: in these days I've a huge need of a city-builder/light-strategy fix (ie. from Sim City to Caesar), and I've noticed I don't own anything of this genre on Steam.
Is there something you would suggest me that is super low-priced?
I'd totally play Anno 2070 (often on sale, IIRC), but I'm kinda scared of the overload of DRM involved. :(

Milamber

I hate worms as much as the next guys, but this is great news nonetheless! Going to install SAM as soon as possible, because I totally need cash to be ready to buy Red Dead Redemption and Anno 1404!

Speaking of which: in these days I've a huge need of a city-builder/light-strategy fix (ie. from Sim City to Caesar), and I've noticed I don't own anything of this genre on Steam.
I'd totally play Anno 2070 (often on sale, IIRC), but I'm kinda scared of the overload of DRM involved. :(

Banished ($19.99)

EDIT: On a budget, I'd say StarTopia ($6.99). Had lots of fun with that.

Copons

Yup, I know. I was talking "against" it when I said "super low-priced". :p

Anyway, it's very high in my wishlist, and one I'm sure I'll buy as soon as I see it better priced for my wallet.
And this led me to think about Gaslamp Games' "Clockwork Empires", of which I've been following the development on and off for years now, and I've yet to see a motherfucking release date (Spring 2014, yeah...) as, considering my huge love for Dredmor, I guess that would be my next GOTG for sure. :(

EDIT: wut! When Startopia was re-released I had a brief look at the screenshots and "tagged" it as an RTS!
But if it has city-building features... that and being from an ex-Bullfrog people studio, well, damn! Thanks!

Deques

Red Dead Redemption confirmed to PC or are just waiting for an announcement?

As for city builder, Sim City 4 is a great game

Knurek

*Inserts comment on lack of Steam title number epenis measurement argument*

I actually prefer GOG for older games. If the Steam versions would have cards/achievements/workshop support, sure. Most of the time they are verbatim GOG copies (sometimes with Steam DRM added).
You can always double dip on sale (still will be cheaper than buying full price), or use bundles to pony up your Steam score.

Copons

Red Dead Redemption confirmed to PC or are just waiting for an announcement?

As for city builder, Sim City 4 is a great game

Ah no, just making a pun about two non-Steam games that filled this thread in the last couple of days. :)

And I've spent so many hours on SC4 (and Rush Hour) back in the days (meaning: until like 5-6 months ago top) that I just can't stand it anymore (meaning: for another couple of months top). :D

Tizoc

I'm about to hit the pre-order button of Watch_Dawgs Deluxe ($69.99) guys. Somebody tell me I'm making a mistake.

1- UPlay
2- What would
Derrick
do?
3- The game runs the risk of suffering from the typical pointless dragging of game time that various Open World games suffer from
4- Summer Sale is on the horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom