• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Happy bday zkylon!
ty doc!

Happy Bday zkylon!

Gonna get drunk and splurge on steam games that aren't on sale?
haha probably not, at least on the second thing.

i already got my most wanted game of the year in the bag so with witcha 3 being pushed i'll prolly cruise on with old games, kickstarter stuff and hotline miami 2

i don't think i've ever bought a game on a drunken stupor, i'm prolly more dangerous to myself in states where i can rationalize buying shit i'll never play :p

<3

Black Flag shipped 10 million in ~three months and was 40% off during the semi-recent Ubi sale. Watch Dogs isn't going to hit that mark so I think there's a good chance it'll be 66% off during the Winter Sale.
you think? 20 bucks seems like the sweet spot, if it gets that low on steam by november i'm in for sure.

if it isn't proved to be completely awful by then that is :p

def sim

just turned 26! i'm depressingly closer to 30 than 20 but hey, that's life :p

thanks steam gaf for being the best friends ever

love you all :3

also my bro just gave me a copy of dks2 pc so here's hoping it's all that grief ever dreamed of and more

Happy birthday, duder. I hope you enjoy whatever it is you plan to do!

aku:jiki

Oh yeah, new Indie Gala today, isn't it. I'm almost caught up with sorting through my bundle backlog, bring it on!

Nothing in the last one ended up being all that appealing to me. Aerena isn't bad at all, but the mini-arenas turned me off. It plays like SRPG style strategy but the arenas are so tiny and have no variation (height etc) from what I saw. Oh, Sparkle 2 isn't bad either, as far as relaxing non-games go, but I had already completed that one. Lyne was kinda samey and dull.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i feel the need to tell jase everytime i see a movie with whatsherface in it

grand budapest hotel is a good movie

I still have to wait three days. I'll probably see it on Friday.

you think? 20 bucks seems like the sweet spot, if it gets that low on steam by november i'm in for sure.

if it isn't proved to be completely awful by then that is :p

Watch Doggies is practically AssCreed Chicago. How bad could it be? :p

Milamber

Yeah, I'll come back to revisit the Watch_Dogs hype roller coaster in 3 weeks.

EDIT: Hmmm... Interesting drivers from Nvidia releasing today you say?

GeForce 337.50 Beta Release Notes

Performance
Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and significant performance increases across a wide variety of games. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are some examples of measured gains versus the previous 335.23 WHQL driver:

GeForce GTX 700 Series (Single GPU):
  • Up to 64% in Total War: Rome II
  • Up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Up to 23% in Sleeping Dogs
  • Up to 21% in Star Swarm
  • Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Up to 10% in Metro: Last Light
  • Up to 8% in Hitman Absolution
  • Up to 7% in Sniper Elite V2
  • Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
  • Up to 6% in F1 2013
GeForce GTX 700 Series (SLI):
  • Up to 71% in Total War: Rome II
  • Up to 53% in Sniper Elite V2
  • Up to 45% in Aliens vs. Predator
  • Up to 31% in Sleeping Dogs
  • Up to 20% in CoD: Black Ops 2
  • Up to 10% in Hitman Absolution
  • Up to 9% in F1 2013
  • Up to 7% in Far Cry 3
  • Up to 6% in Metro: Last Light
  • Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham Origins
SLI Technology:
  • Total War: Rome II – added profile
  • War Thunder – added profile
  • Watch Dogs – updated profile
  • Diablo III – updated profile
Gaming Technology
Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ technology
Supports GeForce ShadowPlay™ Twitch Streaming

SHIELD
Supports NVIDIA GameStream™ technology

3D Vision
Supports new “3D Compatibility Mode” for 3D Vision that enables us to improve the 3D experience for many key DirectX 10 and 11 games

3D Vision Profiles
Path of Exile – rated “Good”
KickBeat – rating now “Excellent”

3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
Assassin’s Creed Liberation – previously “Not Recommended”, now rated as “Excellent”
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army – previously “Good”, now rated as “Excellent”
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 – previously “Good”, now rated as “Excellent
Strike Suit Zero – previously “Not Recommended”, now rated as “Good”
Watchdogs – rated as “Good”

zkylon

zkylewd
Happy birthday Zkylon.
Sounds like good times to me, well played, zky. :)

Happy Birthday, and have a great day (and night), mate. May it bring a game or two your way, as well. Enjoy. :)
Happy birthday, duder. I hope you enjoy whatever it is you plan to do!
Happy birthday zkylon !
thanks y'all :3

Watch Doggies is practically AssCreed Chicago. How bad could it be? :p
well i think for me it's basically gonna be a matter of a) how intrusively bad the story is and b) how much they fail to deliver on the emergent quest system thingie

if they manage to do moderately well on both things then it might just be a great game :O

worst case scenario i think it'll be a nice tourism simulator like gta 4 or ass creed so it's not so bad

nampad

Wow, I can't purchase the Humble weekly anymore because I already did too many times. I just bought 1 for myself and 2 as a gift for friends. Now I want another one for a friend of mine :/
I don't think 4 bundles is some unusual amount and my friends can't buy it for themselves (no credit card or Paypal). They just recently got hooked on Steam by me. Those key resellers really messed it up for normal buyers :(

Contacted the support but the bad thing is this will probbably happen again in a future bundle. If the cutoff would be around 4 bundles, we would be fine because we are mainly 4 guys who play together.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Devs said they're working on adding tablet support for it like how the Wii U version works.

Half a year for tablet support? I hope it's good. :p I recall reading that the DC uses a much older version of the engine so I assume this is why it's taking so long.

well i think for me it's basically gonna be a matter of a) how intrusively bad the story is and b) how much they fail to deliver on the emergent quest system thingie

if they manage to do moderately well on both things then it might just be a great game :O

worst case scenario i think it'll be a nice tourism simulator like gta 4 or ass creed so it's not so bad

As long as I can run around and collect things I think I'll be happy. ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
As long as I can run around and collect things I think I'll be happy. ;)
you ask for so very little

i just want that collecting things isn't there to replace meaningful content like on most ubi games

i mean i have saints row for that and that game makes me laugh

Arthea

Wow, I can't purchase the Humble weekly anymore because I already did too many times. I just bought 1 for myself and 2 as a gift for friends. Now I want another one for a friend of mine :/
I don't think 4 bundles is some unusual amount and my friends can't buy it for themselves (no credit card or Paypal). They just recently got hooked on Steam by me. Those key resellers really messed it up for normal buyers :(

Contacted the support but the bad thing is this will probbably happen again in a future bundle. If the cutoff would be around 4 bundles, we would be fine because we are mainly 4 guys who play together.

That's odd, I thought it's unlimited, I don't remember ever buying that much bundles, but I bought one game from HB as a gift 7 times, no problems at all.

Tellaerin

I wonder when the IndieGala Monday bundle's going to update. The timer rolled over, but it's still listing the same games that were on sale last week.

Ruruja

Happy birthday!

In regards to Trails trying to have 31 cards, I think they've realised they'd make absolutely tons of money off them (they get a cut of each sale right?). It's almost like FIFA making most of their revenue from Ultimate Team.

I wonder when the IndieGala Monday bundle's going to update. The timer rolled over, but it's still listing the same games that were on sale last week.
It was about 1400 GMT last week, if memory serves.

But they had a delay and prolonged the bundle last week, so who knows.

I'm getting about 50 minutes here. Earlier the timer said it would be over 5 hours from now or so. Indiegala's timers really don't seem to share many similarities with time in the real world.

U5rEN9t.png

Is taunting me really necessary? Playfire pls

Zafir

Yeah, I'll come back to revisit the Watch_Dogs hype roller coaster in 3 weeks.

EDIT: Hmmm... Interesting drivers from Nvidia releasing today you say?
Nice.Now the question is do I risk trying to install it. My computer was hating nvidia drivers over the weekend (No video and loud fans when I tried to boot windows with them installed) so I've just been using the nvidia driver windows automatically installs and games play perfectly fine.

Tellaerin

It's not over yet, shows that 1 hour is left still.

Guess it depends on your location. Before it was counting down properly, with a couple of hours left. So I checked in a couple of hours later, and now it says that there's 10 days left on the current bundle.

It was about 1400 GMT last week, if memory serves.

But they had a delay and prolonged the bundle last week, so who knows.

I'm getting about 50 minutes here. Earlier the timer said it would be over 5 hours from now or so. Indiegala's timers really don't seem to share many similarities with time in the real world.

Okay, I'm just going to put it in the "it'll change when it changes" category, then, and look in every so often to see if they put up the new bundle yet. -_-;

Bricky

I accidentally bought a DLC I apparently already had, so hereby I donate it to the GAF Steam community. Have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BioShock 2: Minervas Den -- MB-EDBC50ED8A0E284E - Taken by Arthea

E: That was quick, hope you enjoy it Arthea!

masterkajo

I accidentally bought a DLC I apparently already had, so hereby I donate it to the GAF Steam community. Have fun!

Yeah apparently everyone who had BS2 before they added the Minerva's Den DLC and turned of GFWL, got it for free. Great DLC though. Everyone should play it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

thanks steam gaf for being the best friends ever

love you all :3

also my bro just gave me a copy of dks2 pc so here's hoping it's all that grief ever dreamed of and more
Happy birthday man!

I'm about to hit the pre-order button of Watch_Dawgs Deluxe ($69.99) guys. Somebody tell me I'm making a mistake.
If you feel that's a good price and have the money to spare, then by all means get it. I don't think it is, so I won't buy it at that price. But more power to you if you do!

Bricky

Yeah apparently everyone who had BS2 before they added the Minerva's Den DLC and turned of GFWL, got it for free. Great DLC though. Everyone should play it.

That explains why I didn't add it to my game list on Backloggery before, which I usually update with DLC if it's significant enough.

But I got it for cheap anyway and now someone else can enjoy it too, so whatever. :D

Arthea

E: That was quick, hope you enjoy it Arthea!

Thanks!
I just realised I haven't Bioshock 2 on steam lol
well, one more reason to buy it.

Bricky

Thanks!
I just realised I haven't Bioshock 2 on steam lol
well, one more reason to buy it.

It's often part of a sale, and especially cheap when bundled with the first Bioshock (which you should play ASAP if you haven't yet). On GMG it goes for a fiver right now, which is where I bought the DLC from today too, so that's a good price if you want it right now.

I've seen good bundles with Infinite included too, so if you haven't play the third one too I'd just wait for one of those packs to reach ten bucks.

Parsnip

Hmm. I kind of dislike it when games give achievements for doing poorly.

Also caught up on some Nerdist podcast today at work and Saoirse Ronan has a lovely voice and accent. <3

Knurek

Also caught up on some Nerdist podcast today at work and Saoirse Ronan has a lovely voice and accent. <3

So, is JaseC this thread's version of Candyman? Speak Saoirse three times and he comes out and murders you (with graceful gifs)?

Saty

Is there a breakdown of Arkham City playfire reward achievements in terms of what to do and which necessitate to progress in the main story?

Maybe it's delayed
They had a spam e-mail this weekend announcing a new bundle today, and last week they did this same exact thing with fucking around with the timer and then removing the whole weekly section before finally putting the new deal up like an hour later.

Edit: I double-checked my trash folder and it doesn't actually announce this week's bundle, just says that the previous one ends today... But it is called the "every monday bundle".

It really is the dumbest shit. Having something like "fall off a cliff once" is okay, but games that do "die 10,000 times" can suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom