• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Delicious.
pqnJSBV.png

So, is JaseC this thread's version of Candyman? Speak Saoirse three times and he comes out and murders you (with graceful gifs)?
Possibly.

I don't dare to try.

It really is the dumbest shit. Having something like "fall off a cliff once" is okay, but games that do "die 10,000 times" can suck it.
I just played through the first episode of the Cognition: Erica Reed Thriller, and it's got one where you need to fail every FBI Q&A puzzle to get the achievement. So dumb.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I... don't think this was supposed to happen:

Obviously I can now run the game again, but I had to lower Image Quality from Very High to High so that VRAM usage would fall below 2GB. If the 870 has 4GB or less VRAM by default I may cough up the premium for a couple of the double-stuffed variants instead. A default configuration of 6GB should last me until Pascal, though.

Also caught up on some Nerdist podcast today at work and Saoirse Ronan has a lovely voice and accent. <3

tumblr_inline_ml0tpihziuvk.gif

So, is JaseC this thread's version of Candyman? Speak Saoirse three times and he comes out and murders you (with graceful gifs)?

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about. :p

Milamber

Nope, all achievements must be done from the day they announce the rewards to the end day

That must be why it's still beta. I did my Goat Sim achievements on March before the rewards popped up this April. Logged back into GMG to resync my playfire again and received the rewards anyway.

YKXwhEL.png

derExperte

That must be why it's still beta. I did my Goat Sim achievements on March before the rewards popped up this April. Logged back into GMG to resync my playfire again and received the rewards anyway.

The Playfire dude said here that those were backdated because the Goat Sim beta was playable earlier.

I remember that radMonkey said that they revamped their tracking software to be better and faster, but I still see no improvements. My rewards still doesn't get registered

Updates about once per day for me, nowhere near the official 1-3 hours.

Deques

YKXwhEL.png

I remember that radMonkey said that they revamped their tracking software to be better and faster, but I still see no improvements. My rewards still doesn't get registered

Corpekata

Banned
The official party line on achievements is that they need to be done in that time. However most get awarded anyway. I got rewarded for my Cognition achievements despite playing those episodes like 3 months ago. I've defiently gotten most of my credit from achievements I've already done.

derExperte

The official party line on achievements is that they need to be done in that time. However most get awarded anyway. I got rewarded for my Cognition achievements despite playing those episodes like 3 months ago.

But you just registered, right? Then you get all the old ones once.

Jawmuncher

The Playfire Rewards are still all messed up. Every other day in this thread someone isn't getting any credit or something else. I know it's in beta but they maybe should have went with inites or something rather than open the floodgates now.

Zafir

The Playfire Rewards are still all messed up. Every other day in this thread someone isn't getting any credit or something else. I know it's in beta but they maybe should have went with inites or something rather than open the floodgates now.
I wish they'd have made account linking before doing this. It screwed anyone over who used both playfire and gmg but with different emails before they joined together.

Tizoc

Sneaky Playfire, makes you buy day 1 games to get cash back achievements.

I managed to make something like $15+ from getting Cheevos in Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z and Goat Simulator.
Used that moola to get Moebius for practically free.
Now I'm saving up for Tex Murphy pre-order if it ever gets on GMG, otherwise gonna get it off Steam using some of my Gaben Dollars (now if only someone WOULD BUY THIS GODDAMN FOIL!)

Deques

IndieGala beloved and delayed weekly deal is up and live

Crystal Story - Desura
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
C-RUSH
Duke Nukem Manhattan
A Valley Without Wind 1+2

Edit: beaten

aku:jiki

C-RUSH and Duke Nukem are the only ones I've played and both are utter garbage, so watch out for those. I like the look of Tobe's and I'll give Valley a shot.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Im really liking Thief; It's atmospheric, the stealth gameplay is fun and it has absolutely gorgeous shadows (some people in here have a thing for rain, I love good shadows), but Great Scott those bugs are annoying. Lot's of audio-bugs. There was a single line from a guard that just kept repeating itself over and over again. It's stopped, thank goodness, but now almost every dialogue sounds dampened. Except for cutscenes, but I don't care about those. The chatter between guards is enjoyable, the dialogue from the main-story is just...bad.

And crashes. Not unplayable, but still annoying. Ten or fifteen in twenty hours.
Performance is weird as well. Runs terrible in Exclusive fullscreen but great in borderless windowed mode, even with everything turned to it's highest setting. With the exception of some places I like to call magical stuttering circles. They appear mostly in The City and are really annoying. If you walk in certain spots the game get extremely hicky and I have no idea how or why. One or two meters away from that spot everything is fine, walk back and the stutters return with a vengeance.

Loving the collect-a-thoning though, to end with a positive tone. :p
I managed to make something like $15+ from getting Cheevos in Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z and Goat Simulator. Used that moola to get Moebius for practically free.)
:| That's some next-level budget-hunting!
I've received 3,66 Euro's since registering two weeks ago and thought that was much, heh.

derExperte

Im really liking Thief; It's atmospheric, the stealth gameplay is fun and it has absolutely gorgeous shadows (some people in here have a thing for rain, I love good shadows), but Great Scott those bugs are annoying. Lot's of audio-bugs.

Didn't this new patch help? http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142975

:| That's some next-level budget-hunting!
I've received 3,66 Euro's since registering two weeks ago and thought that was much, heh.

I got lucky, earned over 10&#8364; instantly with old achievements and am now close to 20.

Huh, the first Valley has cards but part 2 doesn't. That's kinda random.

Own none of them so here we go... maybe. Does Manhattan Project work with a 360 controller?
Don't know, I played it on actual 360, but the game is completely dreadful. Absolutely not worth anyone's time, not even (or maybe especially not) for Duke fans.

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A valley without wind 1 and 2 -- MB-9219123812CCE2EA - Taken by Knurek

Hungry for Worms?

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project -- MB-EE6FB021CE607333 - Taken by The Dear Leader
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack #2 -- MB-409BFF44D57B41F8 - Taken by PandaPedinte
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack -- MB-9D2C79579DCF7AED - Taken by Alduin
Tobe's Vertical Adventure #2 -- MB-EFE3B480CAF42138 - Taken by Anteater
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-C3BB214095459012 - Taken by derExperte
C-RUSH -- MB-69A17811AD8FD9BF - Taken by Saty
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project #2 -- MB-0E6D7103567F37E4 - Taken by nightstorm
C-RUSH #2 -- MB-DC8A75AE76E3E0DA - Taken by topyy

That's supposed to be Halo 3, right?

Thanks, Jawmuncher.

This is Halo 3.

Jawmuncher

No problem.

I really wish Agarest Zero was preload I know it's going to take me ages to download over here.

Thanks Jase.

I played Psychonauts this weekend and the game aged pretty well, the dialog is fun and Raz is likeable protagonist even if he's a bit dumb and tend to be flustered to solve the problems.

Duke was my 1st pc game (dos) , the new steam version (remake) is beautiful.
missed Manhattan by few seconds... Thanks JaseC for giveaway

JaseC

The promised boost is similar to any driver release so far. And like always I don't notice any difference performance wise.

You're only going to see noticeable gains in games that are more CPU limited than GPU limited, which is why I mentioned Thief earlier as the benchmark falls into the former category. Here's my comparison:

Nvidia's first set of DX-optimised drivers are out (337.50 betas). Here's how Thief's benchmark now fares on my system (8GB DDR3-1600, 2600K @ 4.6GHz and 2x slightly overclocked 2GB 670s):

335.23 (SLI enabled):

337.50 betas (SLI enabled):

Relative differences (337.50b versus 335.23):
Minimum: +6.4fps (+~15%)
Average: +15.1fps (+~23%)
Maximum: +3.2fps (+~3%)

I was expecting a bigger boost at the low end but a 15fps increase in average framerate is very respectable.

Thanks JaceC-rush.
Then I'll stay away, grab Tobe...

...here and that's that. Thx!
thanks for C-RUSH.
Thanks for Valley Dual Pack, JaseC! :D
Thanks for Tobe :D
Thanks Jase.
Thanks for Duke Nukem, JaseC!

No worries. :)

Bad luck!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
C-RUSH and Duke Nukem are the only ones I've played and both are utter garbage, so watch out for those. I like the look of Tobe's and I'll give Valley a shot.
Nah, Manhattan Project isn't bad. It's my least favorite Duke Nukem game, but it's still fun.

Mind you, I played through it with god mode on all through, so I don't know how it is without cheats.

What remake do you mean? Manhattan Project is a new title, not a remake of the first one :p

Nah, Manhattan Project isn't bad. It's my least favorite Duke Nukem game, but it's still fun.

Mind you, I played through it with god mode on all through, so I don't know how it is without cheats.
I did every achievement on 360 the manual way and the game is awful! Completely uninteresting platforming, floaty physics, slightly unresponsive controls, uninteresting enemies, really ugly 1998-style graphics... Everything about it sucks.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I didn't play Thief for a couple of weeks, but when I started it Sunday the line-repeating guard was nowhere to be heard, so I guess 1.4 fixed that. However, I didn't have those other problems I mentioned in my previous post post-patch, so maybe going back to 1.3 fixes that.
Ping-ponging with updates, alway's fun. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom