• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It's often part of a sale, and especially cheap when bundled with the first Bioshock (which you should play ASAP if you haven't yet). On GMG it goes for a fiver right now, which is where I bought the DLC from today too, so that's a good price if you want it right now.

I've seen good bundles with Infinite included too, so if you haven't play the third one too I'd just wait for one of those packs to reach ten bucks.

Ya, I've already played the first one, but I skipped second, might as well buy that steam bundle at the next sale. I have BIoInf though, so I need first and second bundled, I remember I've seen such a bundle on steam.

edited: so, I bought that indie gala bundle, but it seems I have all games but one... I really need to make some list, I seem to have no clue what I have outside 200 or so games I remember I have. (><)

Kaleinc

Banned
You're only going to see noticeable gains in games that are more CPU limited than GPU limited, which is why I mentioned Thief earlier as the benchmark falls into the former category. Here's my comparison:
That's something tangible, waiting for WHQL.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

When evil threatens the world, the world calls on Broforce - an under-funded, over-powered paramilitary organization dealing exclusively in excessive force. Brace your loins with up to four players to run ‘n’ gun as dozens of different bros and eliminate the opposing terrorist forces that threaten our way of life.

Early Access; $14.99.

aku:jiki

What are these random ass spikes on the marketplace all about anyway? Why did :ghsmile: suddenly sell for $18 yesterday? I'm assuming it's people using it to send each other money for other things for whatever reason. Or are the stats just broken?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I did every achievement on 360 the manual way and the game is awful! Completely uninteresting platforming, floaty physics, slightly unresponsive controls, uninteresting enemies, really ugly 1998-style graphics... Everything about it sucks.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I found it rather funny (Duke always is), and the platforming didn't feel bad in my opinion. It's been a long time since I played it, so I may not remember it well. It wasn't as good as Duke Nukem 1 (or Duke Nukum, as it was renamed to avoid a lawsuit that wouldn't happen) and didn't have a soundtrack as catchy as DN2, but I don't recall it being bad at all.

Yeah i was referring 1st one "Duke Nukem 3D" (DOS version). Manhattan was in my wishlist.
Oh I see, you're talking about Duke3D Megaton Edition. Yeah, that was my first or second "3D" game, along with Doom, and it totally blew my mind. The levels had a lot of interactive shit, and Duke's one-liners cracked me up.

Milamber

What are these random ass spikes on the marketplace all about anyway? Why did :ghsmile: suddenly sell for $18 yesterday? I'm assuming it's people using it to send each other money for other things for whatever reason. Or are the stats just broken?

Answered your own question. Currently that's the only way to transfer steam wallet funds.

Copons

I dunno about Banner Saga being the Groupees BM12 mystery game.
To me, that image is just a chicken strip with a squirt of tartar sauce, standing out in the blue sky.

So just for the sake of throwing out random names, even if I'd be fine with Banner Saga, let's make it Banished.
It would totally do for me. k thx

Grief.exe

I dunno about Banner Saga being the Groupees BM12 mystery game.
To me, that image is just a chicken strip with a squirt of tartar sauce, standing out in the blue sky.

So just for the sake of throwing out random names, even if I'd be fine with Banner Saga, let's make it Banished.
It would totally do for me. k thx

I highly doubt both of those games will be in a bundle so soon.

aku:jiki

Both have Mac, Win and DRM versions available.

But I don't yet know what the underlined part of the hint "Mystery game, lots of goodness. Just ask Jonny! Oh, and never bundled before!" could mean.
I googled a bit and Jonny is probably Jonny Cappuccino, a Groupees employee.

His current favorite game or something?

Alduin

Anybody want any of these? All valid until April 18th.
59c739f4e21ef4ccb79c3810292d0717.png

And what clock speed that is? >:D
I don't get your meaning.
Model Core, shaders (vertex / geometry / pixel) memory and bandwidth Core speed
GTX 660M GDDR5 Kepler (GK107), 384 unified : 32 : 16, 28nm process GDDR5@1000MHZ-1250MHZ, 64GB/s 835MHZ
GT 650M GDDR5 Kepler (GK107), 384 unified : 32 : 16, 28nm process GDDR5@1000MHZ, 64GB/s 735MHZ
GT 650M DDR3 Kepler (GK107), 384 unified : 32 : 16, 28nm process DDR3@900MHZ, 28.8GB/s 850MHZ

I was sold on Broforce from some Gaf gifs.

My only question is whether I want to go in on Early Access or wait for it to flesh out some more.

I was sold on Broforce from some Gaf gifs.

My only question is whether I want to go in on Early Access or wait for it to flesh out some more.
I've been playing for months and I can say without a doubt that the game is extremely playable. It doesn't feel like a skeleton of game like some betas do. New builds feel like cool content updates to a finished game rather than adding critical gameplay elements (cough Kenshi adding sound after months of being on Early Access cough). You'll get a ton of playtime and fun out of the current content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom