• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing for months and I can say without a doubt that the game is extremely playable. It doesn't feel like a skeleton of game like some betas do. New builds feel like cool content updates to a finished game rather than adding critical gameplay elements (cough Kenshi adding sound after months of being on Early Access cough). You'll get a ton of playtime and fun out of the current content

Awesome. How is the co-op handled? I know that there is local support, but what about online?

My one complaint about Risk of Rain was its handling of online multiplayer. I know a matchmaking system is a ton of work and can be costly, but it really would have taken that game to the 11/10 mark. That, and maybe make the menus fully controller-supported so I don't get the weird mind game of randomly requiring a mouse. I'm trying to kick my feet up. Sinking into the couch. There's a beverage here, man!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Good morning GAF.

For those that missed the announcement last night, Enhanced Steam is now on Patreon. Patreon is like Kickstarter, except that instead of making a one time payment, you pledge to a monthly donation to help fund the project's needs - in this case, new servers.

Of course, you're not obligated to donate in order to keep using Enhanced Steam. I just don't want to go the "traditional" route of monetizing an extension like this one, meaning advertising.

If you donate at least $5 per month, you get a cool "Enhanced Steam Supporter" badge on your Steam profile.

es_support_gold_128.png
es_support_silver_128.png
es_support_bronze_128.png

Kacho

Visited the Steam store for the first time in a while and I'm seeing lots of space exploration games...I'm intrigued. Are there any good ones worth checking out?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Sigh...lame.
If you did those in AC vanilla, you can convert and load the save into GOTY.

This sudden webm revelation that parts of gaf is experiencing is cute.
Well, support by all major browsers is somewhat recent, also I didn't know it could be used to display 120fps footage.

Visited the Steam store for the first time in a while and I'm seeing lots of space exploration games...I'm intrigued. Are there any good ones worth checking out?

Lifeless Planet supposedly is good but it's still in early access, there is also Waking Mars that I've playing recently and enjoying it a lot.

Jawmuncher

Good morning GAF.

For those that missed the announcement last night, Enhanced Steam is now on Patreon. Patreon is like Kickstarter, except that instead of making a one time payment, you pledge to a monthly donation to help fund the project's needs - in this case, new servers.

Of course, you're not obligated to donate in order to keep using Enhanced Steam. I just don't want to go the "traditional" route of monetizing an extension like this one, meaning advertising.

If you donate at least $5 per month, you get a cool "Enhanced Steam Supporter" badge on your Steam profile.

es_support_gold_128.png

Nice. Dunno if I can do it every month but I plan to donate.

gabbo

Good morning GAF.

es_support_gold_128.png

Monthly, I dunno. But certainly one time or occasionally. Certainly worth supporting, especially to keep add-free.

Jawmuncher

Good morning GAF.

es_support_gold_128.png

This sold me the most
25bdd52c176c8ca4d76cb5488d9dfc43.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nice. Dunno if I can do it every month but I plan to donate.

Monthly, I dunno. But certainly one time or occasionally. Certainly worth supporting, especially to keep add-free.

Whatever you can give, whether it be monthly or one-time only, is a huge help.

Patreon seems like a good fit though, since the costs of keeping Enhanced Steam running are ongoing.

This sold me the most
* my awesome photo

I would probably get more donations if I could get Jason Momoa to pose as me.

Jawmuncher

Whatever you can give, whether it be monthly or one-time only, is a huge help.

Patreon seems like a good fit though, since the costs of keeping Enhanced Steam running are ongoing.

I would probably get more donations if I could get Jason Momoa to pose as me.

I went for the Bronze.

radMonkey

Hey folks,

No internet at home so apologies for the lack of updates over the weekend. FYI the Arkham City rewards were bugged so I've fixed it. They should go through now in the next 12-24 hours. Definitely works with GOTY, should also work with Vanilla but I'd like to know if it doesn't.

can i just use the archievement manager thing for playfire rewards?

This will get you banned/blacklisted. Don't advise you do it.

Yeh, it also gave me some for robot roller disco rewards of achievements I did a few days before they were added to the rewards program.

I tend to backdate games to the release if we added them a day or two later.

I know it's beta but the Playfire rewards system has been nothing but a headache for me. I guess since my Playfire and GMG accounts are separate, it doesn't automatically move my rewards into my GMG balance, and support is incredibly slow (most likely swamped) and I seem to get generic responses based on key phrases in my tickets so getting my balance is like pulling teeth. Lately I haven't even been getting credit properly either. I want to love it but they have some work to do.

There are some cases where people create a new account rather than sign in with their GMG details, or they already had a really of Playfire account they wanted to use. We're doing a lot to improve that, including building a tool to allow us to re-link accounts (It's very complicated).

Best bet in the meantime is to sign into Playfire with your GMG account, set up a new profile, and ask CS to unlink your Steam account from your old profile. Then your credit will transfer and you'll be able to spend it.

I only picked up Spartan Ops because i had enough credit from cards and Playfire/GMG is giving $ for achievements.

For $4.99 it's not THAT bad. I had fun for the couple of hours i put in it.

Only added the achievements to the backend today, so they might be slow to come through. Apologies!

Sure, it may be awesome for some of you. But for others, myself included, still haven't received a single credit. Sent a support ticket days ago but nothing yet :/

Looked into your Playfire account and it was bugged. I've fixed it so you should be good going forward.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon is definitely not what an Ace Combat game should be like. I have Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 on Steam, maybe I should play that instead.

I created an account for the Playfire Rewards beta and it imported all of my Steam data so I got money from a lot of achievements at once. It seems to not even care what Steam says for the unlock dates, because according to Playfire's system they were all unlocked yesterday as that was when the data from Steam was imported.

We don't no when new users unlocked achievements (when we first fill out your profile) so we give you the benefit of the doubt with rewards. We can turn this off, but for the time being we feel there's no need.

Dunno if it's mentioned here (didn't notice at least), but the HD reboot of Outcast is in kickstarter now. It's made by the original creators.

The game was really awesome and while it got a very good critical reception, it sold pretty badly I think. Not many PCs could even handle it back then.

The kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd?ref=discovery

Check it out. The original game is one of my favorite games ever.

edit:
A neogaf thread here. Someone is probably making a new thread though.

Deques

Hey folks,

No internet at home so apologies for the lack of updates over the weekend. FYI the Arkham City rewards were bugged so I've fixed it. They should go through now in the next 12-24 hours. Definitely works with GOTY, should also work with Vanilla but I'd like to know if it doesn't.

This will get you banned/blacklisted. Don't advise you do it.

I tend to backdate games to the release if we added them a day or two later.

There are some cases where people create a new account rather than sign in with their GMG details, or they already had a really of Playfire account they wanted to use. We're doing a lot to improve that, including building a tool to allow us to re-link accounts (It's very complicated).

Best bet in the meantime is to sign into Playfire with your GMG account, set up a new profile, and ask CS to unlink your Steam account from your old profile. Then your credit will transfer and you'll be able to spend it.

Only added the achievements to the backend today, so they might be slow to come through. Apologies!

Looked into your Playfire account and it was bugged. I've fixed it so you should be good going forward.

We don't no when new users unlocked achievements (when we first fill out your profile) so we give you the benefit of the doubt with rewards. We can turn this off, but for the time being we feel there's no need.

can you check whether my account is bugged or not? i unlocked most of the achievements for Type:Rider, but none of them appear in my reward list

Grief.exe

Dunno if it's mentioned here (didn't notice at least), but the HD reboot of Outcast is in kickstarter now. It's made by the original creators.

The game was really awesome and while it got a very good critical reception, it sold pretty badly I think. Not many PCs could even handle it back then.

The kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd?ref=discovery

Check it out. The original game is one of my favorite games ever.

edit:
A neogaf thread here. Someone is probably making a new thread though.

That is great how they were able to acquire the rights from Atari. We just have to wait for some more publishers to hit hard times for them to open their coffers and sell off some of their 'useless' IPs.

Looks like they are using their proprietary FreshEngine for this game. I wonder if that is the game's original engine that they have been iterating over the years.

Dr Dogg

Good morning GAF.

*snip*

Cheers for posting dude. I'll check it out. Not too clued up on how Patreon run things or how they do payments so will have to have a good read. Hopefully they use PayPal so I won't get caught up in any currency conversion woes.

That is great how they were able to acquire the rights from Atari. We just have to wait for some more publishers to hit hard times for them to open their coffers and sell off some of their 'useless' IPs.

Looks like they are using their proprietary FreshEngine for this game. I wonder if that is the game's original engine that they have been iterating over the years.
At least in the questions part they say the engine has been in development since 2004, so not the same engine it'd seem.

And yup it's really awesome that they got the rights for it.

radMonkey

Last week we tracked 14 games, 7 achievements, and you earned £1.60 of Green Man Gaming Credit.

Current Balance
$1.00

I don't understand what this is.

Have you signed into GMG recently? You need to do this during the beta or the rewards won't be deposited. We're working on fixing this.

can you check whether my account is bugged or not? i unlocked most of the achievements for Type:Rider, but none of them appear in my reward list

You got a ticket number? It's worth putting one in. What's your Playfire username?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Hey folks,

No internet at home so apologies for the lack of updates over the weekend.
Hey now, taking a break is fine :)

But since you are here now, any reason why the "Infowlable" achievement from Sleeping Dogs only gives half the reward?
Also, I did a few of the rewards that expired on Friday (but before the expiration time) and never got them recognized by Playfire :/ ("play for the first time" of DOTA2, Hawken, Trackmania 2 Canyon and Garry's Mod plus 2 of its 3 achievements).
At least the Blackgate ones seem to work fine, even if there are a couple I know I won't be able to get because they expire today and require to finish the game multiple times :(

Tizoc

Have you signed into GMG recently? You need to do this during the beta or the rewards won't be deposited. We're working on fixing this.

You got a ticket number? It's worth putting one in. What's your Playfire username?

Heya radMonkey, I've still not gotten the cash rewards for The Cave, need me to PM you anything to check? My playfire account is Tizoc789

kudoboi

yea i still have issues with playfire. 6 days and no response from support so far.

I earned over $7 to date but none of them ever went into GMG

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

WB selling the Blood IP back to Atari was such a dumb move.

louiedog

Hey folks,

No internet at home so apologies for the lack of updates over the weekend.

You should probably enjoy your weekend. Rewards can wait.

I mistakenly created a playfire account with a different email than GMG and earned a bunch of rewards before noticing, and I assume this is why my credit does not sync. I wrote in to support awhile back and they said it wasn't fixable then but would be in the future. Any idea if it has?

Anyone else have this issue and get it resolved?

Deques

i havent submitted a ticket. my username is deques

radMonkey

Hey now, taking a break is fine :)

But since you are here now, any reason why the "Infowlable" achievement from Sleeping Dogs only gives half the reward?
Also, I did a few of the rewards that expired on Friday (but before the expiration time) and never got them recognized by Playfire :/ ("play for the first time" of DOTA2, Hawken, Trackmania 2 Canyon and Garry's Mod plus 2 of its 3 achievements).
At least the Blackgate ones seem to work fine, even if there are a couple I know I won't be able to get because they expire today and require to finish the game multiple times :(

TBH I had a nice weekend playing MGS:GZ, Thief and South Park with no distractions :)

Good spot on the SD reward, that was human error (mine). I've created a new config that should register £0.50 in 12-24 hours.

For the rest you'll need to submit a CS ticket and they'll credit anything you missed out on. Just follow these instructions.

Heya radMonkey, I've still not gotten the cash rewards for The Cave, need me to PM you anything to check? My playfire account is Tizoc789

The Cave was Dec/January, right? We had way more bugs during the beta then. I think you'll need CS to manually credit you. Just follow the same instructions I've left with X05.

aku:jiki

For the rest you'll need to submit a CS ticket and they'll credit anything you missed out on. Just follow these instructions.
I'm wondering, I got an email saying I've earned £0.95 which is correct (it was every reward for Type:Rider), but my total in the email itself and on PF is £0.00... But when I go to GMG, I have £2.20 in credit.

Is that all from PF rewards? I've only ever bought maybe 2 games off GMG (I'm 2 months into this PC thing, give me time!).

I don't mind opening a CS ticket but since you're posting right now, hey.

You're assuming it'll be revealed before the bundle is over
Trying to sell more bundles by advertising the mystery game with some impossible-to-decipher MS Paint picture seems like a stupid strategy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom