• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
radMonkey,

I just checked my rewards screen. It looks like they're being tracked although they haven't been deposited yet. Anyway, is this normal?

9z3fh2t.png

It tracked successfully that I unlocked the "Around the World on 5 Trampolines" achievement, but I didn't get any credit for it.

EDIT: The rewards page says it should be worth £0.25.

Jawmuncher

radMonkey,

I just checked my rewards screen. It looks like they're being tracked although they haven't been deposited yet. Anyway, is this normal?

9z3fh2t.png

It tracked successfully that I unlocked the "Around the World on 5 Trampolines" achievement, but I didn't get any credit for it.

Did you log into GMG recently. Thats something you have to do to get it over there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you log into GMG recently. Thats something you have to do to get it over there.

Yeah I logged in just a minute ago to check - was tempted into picking up Lego The Hobbit for $21.60. I'd probably bite if my playfire rewards credit were deposited. :)

Tizoc

Thanks radMonkey. Chances are there are other games I didn't get cash rewards from but The Cave is the only one that comes to mind atm >_<

aku:jiki

Oh, where's that screen? I feel stupid but I can't find it anywhere.

Edit: Of course I finally find it 20 seconds after posting.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Played the browser version of this and loved it. Picked up an extra copy to give away.

Come at me bros!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broforce -- MB-1AD1FBF457B9B6CF - Taken by Fuu. 64 entrants total.

t1396898884z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
WB sitting on a million midway games and do jack shit with them is a dumb move.
I'd even take half ass PC releases as long as they had cards.

That's what the WB Vault initiative is for. Well, that and re-releasing Wheelman.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
TBH I had a nice weekend playing MGS:GZ, Thief and South Park with no distractions :)

Good spot on the SD reward, that was human error (mine). I've created a new config that should register £0.50 in 12-24 hours.

For the rest you'll need to submit a CS ticket and they'll credit anything you missed out on. Just follow these instructions.
Nice, Stick of Truth is an excellent game
not sure I can say the same of the others :p

And awesome, will do. Thanks! :)

Tizoc

Hopefully Humble Bundle provide steam keys for the beta soon.

Wonder if playfire will be offering rewards for this game (wink wink)

RS4-

Bah, why didn't I backup my FTL save before I did a format.

Any good deals currently happening on steam? Or indie titles to check out?

WB sitting on a million midway games and do jack shit with them is a dumb move.
I'd even take half ass PC releases as long as they had cards.

What would you want WB to do with those Midway games?

They need to get the ball rolling on that. Gauntlet that no one asked for is just dragging feet. Should have been Gauntlet announced along with some rereleases.

Ahhh I see... gotta agree with you there.

Jawmuncher

That's what the WB Vault initiative is for. Well, that and re-releasing Wheelman.

They need to get the ball rolling on that. Gauntlet that no one asked for is just dragging feet. Should have been Gauntlet announced along with some rereleases.

Tizoc

Hmm Groupees added black splotches to the image for the mystery game.
They look like eyes to me.

In fact looking at the image now, the white stick looking thing might be a staff, and the brown stuff appears to be a robe or clothes. Anyone have any idea what game fits this description?

Tizoc

I guess that's one way to solve the uhh...replayability side of things

I don't think it needed to do that since the game is very replayble anyways.
Had I known difficulty didn't stack I might've gone for the speedrun and easy difficulty cheevos for a little extra cash =P

yuraya

So I decided to install and play sleepy dogs over the weekend with this playfire stuff. And wow what an amazing game. Haven't had this much fun in an open world game in a while. Probably not since Vice city or San Andreas.

Great story and fun combat system. Its hard to put down :D strongly recommend to anyone to anyone who hasn't had a chance to play it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So if you play through Normal it doesn't unlock the Easy achievement?

That would be frustrating.

Play on Very Hard/max difficulty.

Right at the end level: SAM->Last level achievement+all difficulty achievements->store.

Fuck non-stacking achievements.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ooh, I don't know when it happened but I like the new title format for the thread.

RS4-

I don't think it needed to do that since the game is very replayble anyways.
Had I known difficulty didn't stack I might've gone for the speedrun and easy difficulty cheevos for a little extra cash =P

Fair enough, I think it was just hoping that it'd be something like Metroid, CV, etc that has more exploration, back tracking, new areas and such.

JaseC

What secrets do these souls share with Kate Reed, a struggling writer hoping to recapture her past success? These lost souls cannot move on. To save them, you must guide Kate between these mind-bending worlds as you explore the House of 1000 Doors.

20% off ($7.99) for the next week.

radMonkey,

9z3fh2t.png

Yes, that's normal... it takes a day or two to credit fully. When it credits, you will get a check mark by it.

There's also something bugged with how that trampopalines achievement is showing up. Mine shows $0.00 too -- I posted about it a ways back, but I think radMonkey missed it.

Volcynika

So if you play through Normal it doesn't unlock the Easy achievement?

That would be frustrating.

There is just a hard and a normal one, but yes. Though I did get the speedrun 8 minutes under the par time on hard without really thinking about it. Only completed about 60% though.

DocSeuss

I am still receiving receipts from my giveaway, like a month on. Too bad I've lost like every giveaway I've entered since then.

That is great how they were able to acquire the rights from Atari. We just have to wait for some more publishers to hit hard times for them to open their coffers and sell off some of their 'useless' IPs.

Looks like they are using their proprietary FreshEngine for this game. I wonder if that is the game's original engine that they have been iterating over the years.

As I understand it, they basically screwed over the mod team doing the remake a while back, which put them in a position to do the remake. Jerks.

MRORANGE

Thread wasn't ready for prime time, should have kept in beta until needed.

I think the kinks have worked out so far for the most part and just a few minor tweaks for May:

- Hall of Shame will come back under Misc*
- Neogaf Steam Group will be merged into FAQ
- Previous thread under Misc*
- Gaben info under Misc*
- Thread icons might come back.

Thread pace is a bit slower than usual but it's a bit quieter around these months anyway.

Nabs

$27.99 (-20%)

A new milestone in simulation: Citybus Simulator Munich, the successor of the popular City Bus Simulator 2010 - New York, covering the complete 100 line also known as the museum line. Starting at the main Rail Station Nord it passes 22 museums and other sightseeing spots to conclude its journey at Munich´s "Ostbahnhof".

Title updated/shortened.

STEAM | April 2014 - Now you're playing with fire

Turfster

Daily Evoland 75% off
Weeklong
  • Toki Tori 1 / 2 70% off
  • Jagged Alliance 2 Wildfire 80% off
  • Worms Revolution 66% off
  • Lords of Football 50% off
  • Mosaico 33% off
  • Dark Fall 1 / 2 75% off
  • Gemini Wars 70% off
  • Inquisitor 80% off
  • Rush 70% off
  • Castle Storm 66% off
  • Perimeter 2 90% off
  • East India Company 75% off
  • Hero of the Kingdom 50% off
  • Guise of the Wolf 60% off
  • Zombie Tycoon II 56% off
  • Dino D-Day 70% off
  • Euro Truck Simulator 66% off
  • Edge 70% off
  • GunMetal 50% off
  • Saturday Morning RPG 43% off
  • Nikopol 80% off
  • Rescue Everyday Heroes 75% off
  • Jack Keane 2 85% off
  • Velvet Assassin 85% off
  • Penny Arcade 3 / 4 80% off
  • Star Lords 25% off
  • The Novelist 50% off
  • Knight Shift 80% off
  • Loren the Amazon Princess 50% off
  • Nethergate Resurrection 80% off
  • Leviathan Warships 50% off
  • Crash Time II 90% off
  • Element4l 50% off
  • Goodbye Deponia 66% off
  • Chaos on Deponia 66% off
  • Deponia 66% off
  • Puzzle Kingdoms 90% off
  • Off Road Drive 67% off
  • Sparkle 2 Evo 75% off

jshackles

Loren the Amazon Princess on weeklong deal. Hope the discount is good. :)

EDIT: 50%. Not terrible.

HoosTrax

I think Evoland was a bit of a bust for me -- it seemed to wrap all of the bad elements of past RPG genres into one game. The blatant ripoff of FF7 fell a bit flat for me as well. The overabundance of random world map battles was really annoying as well.

The only part I did enjoy was the Torchlight parody dungeon; that one actually felt pretty satisfying. I was kind of disappointed to see in the end credits that they mentioned Diablo as the influence, instead of Torchlight though.

Copons

Great news (for me anyway)!

Santa Ragione, the devs behind MirrorMoon EP and the greenlit Fotonica apparently didn't forget about the latter (well, earlier) game.
They're gonna release it on iOS and Android (release date coming soon, but I guess it's kinda near) and shortly after on Steam too.

Humble keys (and those bought on their site or whatever, I guess) will get a Steam key of course, and I couldn't be more hyped about it, as it's really an amazing game!

JaseC

PSA: Star Lords being 25% for a week means it's sitting at half the intended final price of $29.99. Buy it soon if you're interested.

Nzyme32

Someone made a new thread for the Outcast HD remake's kickstarter.

And not to spam, but here's a link to the kickstarter again too.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/outcast-reboot-hd/outcast-reboot-hd?ref=discovery

Here's a short webm file about the work in progress part of the game from the kickstarter video.

I actually borrowed Outcast from a friend, but everytime I tried to install it, it appeared to have installed nothing at all. An obvious bug but without a modem, I just gave up on it. Always wondered what it was like...

radMonkey,

9z3fh2t.png

Like frost said, it takes some time. Mine finally all unlocked this morning from the 5th. Once it gets checked, it'll be added.

Title updated/shortened.

very witty

yuraya

Play on Very Hard/max difficulty.

Right at the end level: SAM->Last level achievement+all difficulty achievements->store.

Fuck non-stacking achievements.

I did that with Dust. Completed it and had 29 out of 30 achievements. It didn't give me the last achievement because the achievement apparently requires you to start the game on hardcore/tough difficulty and play through all the way to the end. I started on normal difficulty and like 20 minutes into the game switched to hardcore. I was so pissed because I basically completed like 98% of the game on hardcore difficulty. I used SAM to get that last achievement. Such bullshit. I know they do that just so that people don't switch difficulty right before the end to get the achievement. But I know I switched it basically in the beginning of the game. No way I was going to replay the same exact game I just completed. Good thing SAM exists otherwise I would of raged big time considering the effort I put in getting those other 29 achievements.

RS4-

I'm trying to remember if I've played Outcast. When I saw the other thread, I thought it was about Outlast and was confused about the HD thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom