• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought The Novelist finally. Heard good things about it.

I actually borrowed Outcast from a friend, but everytime I tried to install it, it appeared to have installed nothing at all. An obvious bug but without a modem, I just gave up on it. Always wondered what it was like...
Oh damn, you missed out on so much. The game was really ahead of its time when it came out.

There's a version of the game on GOG by the way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, it's rather annoying that the Deponia Trilogy is 66% off but none of the individual titles are. I only need the Goodbye Depoenia DDE.

radMonkey

Yes, that's normal... it takes a day or two to credit fully. When it credits, you will get a check mark by it.

There's also something bugged with how that trampopalines achievement is showing up. Mine shows $0.00 too -- I posted about it a ways back, but I think radMonkey missed it.

Yup, spotted it thanks. Fixed that this morning (human error). Should go through correctly in the next day.

i havent submitted a ticket. my username is deques

Is it ticket number 139611 (that's the only one I can find)? If so, that was updated by a CS rep on March 12th. It's since been closed because they didn't get a reply. Best submit a new ticket to be honest.

Jawmuncher

Bah, it's rather annoying that the Deponia Trilogy is 66% off but none of the individual titles are. I only need the Goodbye Depoenia DDE.

I'm still mad that those games stay at such a high price. 1 just now hit the cheap price last year. Im guessing that's the companies best selling games.

Jawmuncher

I take it Steam doesn't offer the uncensored ver. of Loren?

You can get around it.

Found on Steam Forums

"You can play the uncensored full version on any platform! First you gotta install the game on Windows PC, start the game, quit the game, install the Demo version, start Demo, which now is uncensored full version!!!

Technical note: You can unlock the demo in all other devices too! In the Windows box where you installed the software from Steam (and run it once!), navigate to folder "%appdata%\RenPy\Loren_Amazon_Princess", copy the file called "persistent" on a memory stick, then mount the memory stick on your other device and copy the file "persistent" into the folder "~/.renpy/Loren_Amazon_Princess" if on Linux OR Mac, or if on Windows copy on the folder mentioned above. Boosh."

Basically you're buying the games on Steam for the cards and playing it elsewhere.

Milamber

You can get around it.

Found on Steam Forums

"You can play the uncensored full version on any platform! First you gotta install the game on Windows PC, start the game, quit the game, install the Demo version, start Demo, which now is uncensored full version!!!

Technical note: You can unlock the demo in all other devices too! In the Windows box where you installed the software from Steam (and run it once!), navigate to folder "%appdata%RenPyLoren_Amazon_Princess", copy the file called "persistent" on a memory stick, then mount the memory stick on your other device and copy the file "persistent" into the folder "~/.renpy/Loren_Amazon_Princess" if on Linux OR Mac, or if on Windows copy on the folder mentioned above. Boosh."

Basically you're buying the games on Steam for the cards and playing it elsewhere.
They couldn't just DLC it?

Dr Dogg

Well that's some underwhelming deals this week. Oh well here, have some underwhelming freebies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Painkiller Hell and Damnation -- MB-4B1D90C551DE2A8A - Taken by fantomena. 2 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad -- MB-3BF39D66DC9E67A2 - Taken by aku:jiki. 6 entrants total.
Deadfall Adventures -- MB-C650BA02706B7DB5 - Taken by jmizzal. 21 entrants total.

t1396892673z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm not going to cheat the system, if other people enter and win they deserve it. I just hope they'll actually play it. Normally people use ModBot to give away bundle garbage, but this is RARE HIGH-VALUE garbage!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not going to cheat the system, if other people enter and win they deserve it. I just hope they'll actually play it. Normally people use ModBot to give away bundle garbage, but this is RARE HIGH-VALUE garbage!

If I win, I'll play. I've debated several times picking it up - but just can't stomach the high price for what should be a $10-$15 game, tops.

Milamber

Huh, didn't know that.

*adds to wishlist*

Come on Summer Sales!

ArjanN

I did that with Dust. Completed it and had 29 out of 30 achievements. It didn't give me the last achievement because the achievement apparently requires you to start the game on hardcore/tough difficulty and play through all the way to the end. I started on normal difficulty and like 20 minutes into the game switched to hardcore. I was so pissed because I basically completed like 98% of the game on hardcore difficulty. I used SAM to get that last achievement. Such bullshit. I know they do that just so that people don't switch difficulty right before the end to get the achievement. But I know I switched it basically in the beginning of the game. No way I was going to replay the same exact game I just completed. Good thing SAM exists otherwise I would of raged big time considering the effort I put in getting those other 29 achievements.

Eh, that's the standard for how games handle difficulty achievements. Also, if you care about achievements you should always check a achievement guide first anyway to see if there's any unlockable difficulties/easily missable stuff etc.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Dang it was either me or Fantomena on Painkiller.

Two others entered and won before fantomena, but didn't clear the lurker requirement so got disqualified. Basically, the way it counts is that when it draws a winner, if the winner isn't eligible, it deletes their entry and moves onto the next draw. And when it finally draws a valid winner, it then checks "okay, how many entries are there?" and uses that for the number.

We should ban everyone who entered.

I'll never give up on Deadfall Adventures NEVER

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
+1 chasers. It's a terrible addiction.

Entering a giveaway just for the sake of the collection seems a little wrong to me unless it's a joke title such as Bad Rats or a game liable to be yanked in the near future. I said in the past I'd enter a giveaway for a licensed game but despite several showing up I haven't taken the plunge -- something like The Wolf Among Us is too recent to pinch just for a +1.

Jawmuncher

Two others entered and won before fantomena, but didn't clear the lurker requirement so got disqualified. Basically, the way it counts is that when it draws a winner, if the winner isn't eligible, it deletes their entry and moves onto the next draw. And when it finally draws a valid winner, it then checks "okay, how many entries are there?" and uses that for the number.

Ahhh ok.

Dr Dogg

Considering it was an EVGA promotion that ran from early October through until January for GTX 650ti and up I'm surprised more haven't turned up in ModBot giveaways or flogged on the cheap. Latest promo they're doing is for Daylight which also looks a bit wonky. Not Deadfall wonky though.

Turfster

Entering a giveaway just for the sake of the collection seems a little wrong to me unless it's a joke title such as Bad Rats or a game liable to be yanked in the near future. I said in the past I'd enter a giveaway for a licensed game but despite several showing up I haven't taken the plunge -- something like The Wolf Among Us is too recent to pinch just for a +1.

Oh, I agree. I only sign up for games that interest me, but there's people that seem to join every single giveaway, and +1 chaser is the kindest reason for that.

Tizoc

New hint given to the mystery game! Either that's an insect or a long nose.
You can get around it.

Found on Steam Forums

Technical note: You can unlock the demo in all other devices too! In the Windows box where you installed the software from Steam (and run it once!), navigate to folder "%appdata%\RenPy\Loren_Amazon_Princess", copy the file called "persistent" on a memory stick, then mount the memory stick on your other device and copy the file "persistent" into the folder "~/.renpy/Loren_Amazon_Princess" if on Linux OR Mac, or if on Windows copy on the folder mentioned above. Boosh."

Let me see if I got this stragiht:
I run the game, exit, install demo and play the demo.
Will the demo overwrite the full game? If not will steam treat the demo as the full game bu being uncensored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom