• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

I loved what i've played from Deadfall Adventures during it's free weekend. Felt like a really fun Adventure. VA was terrible, but whatever. Exploration was fun and the game looked gorgeous. :)

Thanks! Have been interested in those two games for a long time. :D

Enjoy! : ) I haven't gotten around to messing with the second one yet. I got a little way into the first, and enjoyed what I played of it, but I haven't spent enough time with it to form more detailed impressions.

Happy birthday Kylonz!
I know how to write your name properly. xD

"Zkylon" always reminds me of "Zylon", which reminds me of this:

starraidersuuug3.jpg

Being associated with the best reason to own an Atari 8-bit computer back in the day isn't a bad thing, IMO. :3 (Though Pac-Man for the Atari 400/800 was pretty beast, too.)

zkylon

zkylewd
so the banner saga is done, need something to last me 'til dks2

i think i may try out guacamelee, that manny calavera skin is tempting the shit outta me

my other options are trying out the ftl expansion (never been too good at ftl so probably not) and the x-com enemy within thingie i guess.

Happy birthday Kylonz!
I know how to write your name properly. xD
the fuck T_T

Happy Birthday!
thanks!

Happy birthday zkylon!
Hope you enjoy playing many video games! Wish I could gift you a game, but don't have much money to spend unfortunately.

Uhh, want some Max Payne 3 DLC instead? I can afford that from the cards that I've sold, haha
haha thanks but please don't, i kinda hate max payne 3 lol

Dr Dogg

Thanks for Deadfall Adventures

I see people saying its bad lol I never heard of it before thought it looked ok

Hahaha no worries. Well considering King Solomon's Mines and Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold staring Richard Chamberlain and a very young Sharon Stone were two of my fav movies as a kid I'm not accustomed to good taste. I assume this is the video game equivalent.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Also new PayWUW bundle

https://www.paywuw.com/?=2

1$Tier : Steel Storm,Frozen Hearth

BTA (3.99$): How to survive

How To Survive is definitely worth $4, as long as you aren't fed up with zombie games that is. It's gimmick is basically around crafting - you craft everything in the game be it weapons or items etc. You do get health packs though. Lasts around 5 - 6 hours or so on normal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't say it's all that bad but it's super boring and generic which is probably worse than being genuinely terrible.
Exactly. I gave it a try hoping that it would be so bad it'd at least have some redeeming qualities in the fun department, but it had none. Got halfway through the 2nd level and realized it wasn't a dreadful game, it just wasn't worth my time.

Tellaerin

Could the mystery game on groupees be Edge of Space?

I wish. (I've had it wishlisted for awhile.) Not going to bank on it, though.

Could be. The symbol of the game is somehow similiar.

Also flying sharks. Johnny just cant draw properly so there is a higher chance that this is right.

I was thinking the picture looked like it was supposed to be underwater, with some kind of... mer... maid? man? thing? ...swimming in the background, but now I don't know. Dammit, man, don't get my hopes up here.

zkylon

zkylewd
if real this looks pretty decent, tons of things for me to turn off to get dat juicy 60 fps

axM0ho6.png

i have a feeling this is legit because only the japanese would have a anistropic filtering setting called "strong" lol

no ENABLE NEXT GEN LIGHTING option tho. hopefully enabled by default, yea?

Pachimari

Weird, I can't seem to open my Steam client anymore. Every time I click it, the icon highlights on the Windows taskbar but closes again. =/

Should I uninstall and install Steam again? Won't I lose all of my saves?

Grief.exe

if real this looks pretty decent, tons of things for me to turn off to get dat juicy 60 fps

axM0ho6.png

i have a feeling this is legit because only the japanese would have a anistropic filtering setting called "strong" lol

That is not bad at all.

Eh, that's the standard for how games handle difficulty achievements. Also, if you care about achievements you should always check a achievement guide first anyway to see if there's any unlockable difficulties/easily missable stuff etc.

Considering it was an EVGA promotion that ran from early October through until January for GTX 650ti and up I'm surprised more haven't turned up in ModBot giveaways or flogged on the cheap. Latest promo they're doing is for Daylight which also looks a bit wonky. Not Deadfall wonky though.

Over-long Broforce impressions, if anyone's interested

It looks like a game I want to support and would be happy to buy at $15. I'm thinking of doing it through the humble store so 10% goes to charity... just wondering if the Steam keys are there for humble store purchases yet.

It looks like a game I want to support and would be happy to buy at $15. I'm thinking of doing it through the humble store so 10% goes to charity... just wondering if the Steam keys are there for humble store purchases yet.
Yes, they are. I had preordered from Humble, got my Steam key a few hours ago

IamAwake

Weird, I can't seem to open my Steam client anymore. Every time I click it, the icon highlights on the Windows taskbar but closes again. =/

Should I uninstall and install Steam again? Won't I lose all of my saves?

I had this problem before about a week ago. Try opening task manager and looking for "Steam Client Bootstraper" or "Steam Client Service" and click close. Then try launching steam again.

axM0ho6.png

With that amount of options maybe it can run at 15 fps in my laptop, if I set everything to low and turn off all the effects.

Pachimari

I had this problem before about a week ago. Try opening task manager and looking for "Steam Client Bootstraper" or "Steam Client Service" and click close. Then try launching steam again.

I restarted my computer and it worked (didn't work on my first try though).

styl3s

As someone who is old, doesn't have cat like reflexes anymore and isn't very good at platformshootercontratypegames but has a ton of interest in Broforce, am i going to enjoy it? Is it really difficult?

BruteUA

As someone who is old, doesn't have cat like reflexes anymore and isn't very good at platformshootercontratypegames but has a ton of interest in Broforce, am i going to enjoy it? Is it really difficult?

I haven't played it myself, but going by your avatar I can't imagine you wouldn't enjoy it.

Grief.exe

axM0ho6.png

Durante believes it to be real. We know the media has been given preview copies, so this may have trickled down to us through those channels.

Those settings look very real. And almost exactly what I expected. Well, actually I didn't expect "Model Quality" and "Water Surface Quality". Also nice to see a shadow quality setting, I never quite managed to improve shadow quality in DS (unlike Deadly Premonition where I manged to do that).

Well done From (if true). I'd have liked more SSAO control than "on" and "off", and higher quality AA options, but those aren't generally that hard to fix.

Aaron D.

New weekly sale is kind of disappointing too. Nothing too interesting the only thing that caught my eye was gunmetal and that is in a bundle.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on Rescue - Everyday Heroes ($4.99, -75%).

I've got a soft spot for budget simulators as they remind me of The Little Engine That Could of the gaming industry. A lot are tirelessly earnest in spite of laughably small budgets and teams. It gives the better ones a folk-art charm.

This YouTube review makes it seem like the game was rebooted for its NA release and got a lot of tweaks & fixes. (Note: That linked video has a loud splash/intro.)

aku:jiki

Man, A Valley Without Wind would've been a really cool game if it had been less, eh, ugly as fuck. The music is the obnoxious kind of chiptune too.

I do respect the developer for allowing a blind man to be art director, though, that's pretty progressive.

zkylon

zkylewd
Durante believes it to be real. We know the media has been given preview copies, so this may have trickled down to us through those channels.
well it has all the makings of an almost good video settings screen:

aa and ao being on/off
random water quality settings
no clear depiction of high being max or there being a very high option
random "strong" anistropic filtering option for i guess 16x?

so it looks legit to me, but could be as fake as fuck

With that amount of options maybe it can run at 15 fps in my laptop, if I set everything to low and turn off all the effects.
why would you even lol

Man, A Valley Without Wind would've been a really cool game if it had been less, eh, ugly as fuck. The music is the obnoxious kind of chiptune too.

I do respect the developer for allowing a blind man to be art director, though, that's pretty progressive.
lol yea, it makes no fucking sense

valley without wind 2 is a bit better but i like the free roaming of the first one without any time constraints

Grief.exe

well it has all the makings of an almost good video settings screen:

aa and ao being on/off
random water quality settings
no clear depiction of high being max or there being a very high option
random "strong" anistropic filtering option for i guess 16x?

so it looks legit to me, but could be as fake as fuck

We will probably be forcing AA/AF/AO through, either, drivers, injectors (aka Durante), or both anyways.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The real Dark Souls starts here...

axM0ho6.png

Options are good. I'll take it...now lets see some video

zkylon

zkylewd
We will probably be forcing AA/AF/AO through, either, drivers, injectors (aka Durante), or both anyways.
you mean you

i'm not afraid of needles (i actually love getting bloodtests and chatting up the blood taking ladies :3) but i ain't injecting anything :p

something about injectors has always sounded overcomplicated for my puny brain to understand

also my pc isn't so good u know

styl3s

Man, all that Deadfall Adventure hate. I genuinely enjoyed Deadfall Adventures and thought it was a damn decent shooter with an Indiana Jones twist. Had a lot of fun with it, even moreso than some of the bigger games last year. Guess that makes me the only one though! :p
It looks like a 90s straight to VHS or made for TV movie that was made for the sole purpose of cashing in on Indiana Jones (or in this case, a FPS Uncharted?). I think aside from it's obvious flaws from low budget and small team it looks fucking awesome and i will buy it when it's on sale for a few bucks.

I haven't played it myself, but going by your avatar I can't imagine you wouldn't enjoy it.
From the trailer it looks right u my ally i am just afraid it relies too much on the reflex/twitch shooting and i lost all those abilities years ago. It's why i don't even bother playing competitive games online anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom