• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
sounds like maybe i'll stop doing the humble tip thing

I don't really see the complaints? The best way to support a charity is... to donate to that charity. Directly. Humble Bundle lets me buy cheap games while ALSO supporting a charity. As long as they still do that they can claw whatever they need to keep running as far as I'm concerned. Any money for charity > no money for charity.

I don't shop on smile.amazon because I think I'm doing some great service to that charity, I do it because it supports the charity a little bit while doing something I already was going to do. Same with Humble Bundle.
i mean they could be cool and not fuck up the process so that the charities and devs get as much money as possible

Amzin

But you were already buying from amazon when they added smile, were you already buying bundles when humble started?
I don't really remember a bundle before it except the steam 4 packs.

I was buying games long before Humble Bundle. Whether the games are bundled or separate is fairly immaterial. I spend money, receive games. With Humble, I spend money, receive games, and charity gets a cut.

Do I want charity to get as much as possible? Sure. I also want the tons and tons of wasted food, money, materials, resources, etc. every day to actually support people and solve so many of the problems we could easily solve right now.

Despite the fact I use it frequently, I have an intense dislike for PayPal. So if people get alienated from them at all that's fine by me. But if the thought is that you are buying these games to support a charity, that's the wrong way to look at it. You're buying games for yourself or to give to others and helping a charity in the process.

I have no idea why they feel the need to add PayPal as a middleman for donating. Probably a combination of legal mumbojumpo and a deal from PayPal for lesser transaction fees or something.

Still having tons of fun with Dead or Alive.

Love the sweat and the buttocks.

0DEBF44E35670040D771A941B11528233E0505E1

meh

Here's how the charity works now:
"Humble Bundle will donate the amount you select — less, pro rata, applicable sales taxes, VAT, and payment processor fees (which typically average 5 to 6% across all transactions) — to the PayPal Giving Fund, with the direction that PayPal Giving Fund pay the funds to the charitable organizations as indicated by you."
So Humble will claw back costs, then they give the charity money to a middleman, then the middleman donates to charity, possibly clawing back more? How efficient!

The website for the Paypal Giving Fund strongly implies that they don't charge any extra fees, claiming that 100% of every donation goes to the charity. The closest thing I could find was the page for eBay Giving Works, which allows sellers to set how much of an auction's proceeds go to charity, and quasi-refunds sellers any eBay listing fees proportional to how much of a sale goes to the charity (e.g. if the seller wants 100% of an auction's proceeds to go to charity, the seller gets a 100% listing/transaction fee credit), but that page only relates to eBay auctions.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
All natural, leftover from a terrible charity bundle (almost none of this money went to charity: water and Save the Children)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-B9E83C456552FA84 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.

t1428613011z1.png

I don't really see the complaints? The best way to support a charity is... to donate to that charity. Directly. Humble Bundle lets me buy cheap games while ALSO supporting a charity. As long as they still do that they can claw whatever they need to keep running as far as I'm concerned. Any money for charity > no money for charity.

Also keep in mind that most charities, especially in the US, are borderline scams. Huge non-profits that pay staff and CEOs big bonus, spending on ad campaigns to bring in more money and only a tiny fraction of all the money donated goes to the actual cause.

Tenrius

I'd remove that second pic if I were you .... just to be safe

can't wait until dead or alive grossness is gone

Now I'm wondering what it was. :/

Also keep in mind that most charities, especially in the US, are borderline scams. Huge non-profits that pay staff and CEOs big bonus, spending on ad campaigns to bring in more money and only a tiny fraction of all the money donated goes to the actual cause.

One could argue that they would probably not be able to generate that much money without big marketing budgets, effective management, etc.

Watching some Killing Floor 2 streams has me more excited for that than GTAV. I gotta pick one or the other, my gaming fund is damn near dry with all these great releases these last few months.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 67 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Residue -- MB-33DCB112B8238D88 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
One Day for Ched -- MB-31567B7F9E0FF98D - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold -- MB-D4CF3C5740565A09 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 5 entrants total.
BLOB FROM SPACE -- MB-5764112500AC7908 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.
Train of Afterlife -- MB-49B8D1151BFE32AB - Taken by Abomination. 5 entrants total.
Crayon Chronicles -- MB-7919BB4EABD1C63C - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 5 entrants total.
FIST OF JESUS -- MB-CE803B7D884978F0 - Taken by Majukun. 4 entrants total.
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-80240C62C0237E01 - Taken by bkw. 3 entrants total.
THE FOREST OF DOOM -- MB-CC07A1EA58DBB1C0 - Taken by Annubis. 7 entrants total.
7th Legion -- MB-DCB0E769353C9213 - Taken by Baha. 1 entrants total.
Solar Flux -- MB-701CA636D38BF8E8 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Boid -- MB-6A370F4206930429 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-A93131B75DEFF080 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
99 Levels To Hell -- MB-3820E2C01083E4C6 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Pineview Drive -- MB-A9413A6F93670AE7 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-52A66F1D57D70A41 - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-EAB02BC01C320A7A - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
The UnderGarden -- MB-E43EC4371673AE8A - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Ensign 1 -- MB-BCED97009EF9BBA2 - Taken by freshVeggie. 1 entrants total.
Make it Indie -- MB-E9B4461CFE6B94A5 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Sometimes Success Requires Sacrifice -- MB-3EB32B2AF0FDA233 - Taken by Loptous. 3 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-65F4182241C474C7 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.

Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-384D8AD545FB3494 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-DFFC586A64CDEF3C - Taken by Drakhyrr. 4 entrants total.

Project Night -- MB-4E0AD8FF5D10ECD5 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
But to Paint a Universe -- MB-D622311B56206025 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 4 entrants total.
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-F852AE8A9641A14B
BLACKBAY ASYLUM -- MB-FEAE780E87EDBC2F - Taken by $h@d0w. 1 entrants total.
iO -- MB-BE50D7412D688032 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.
Costume Quest -- MB-6FC9B7766546C3D7 - Taken by user237. 6 entrants total.
GOLD RUSH! CLASSIC -- MB-BB3E2DC1A9CDB95F - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Darkstone -- MB-23672889FA47A699 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
DRAKENSANG THE RIVER OF TIME -- MB-BD5DC7B8819AF9B9 - Taken by Catshade. 11 entrants total.
Make it Indie #2 -- MB-4B28460A516A0B3D - Taken by Mavromatis. 3 entrants total.
Closure -- MB-8BF4F9A40FCC7D05 - Taken by Axass. 3 entrants total.
Soul Gambler Dark Arts Edition -- MB-43B1CAA47CB2636E - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Metal Dead -- MB-6558AD8A4DAA4FAF - Taken by redlacs. 4 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-AA6485B16395EC62 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-69AE892A5B575731 - Taken by SalsaShark - Taken by Jawmuncher
Metal Planet -- MB-A922D9C70716AC8C - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Starlaxis Supernova Edition -- MB-B9ABCE656BED8270 - Taken by Abomination. 5 entrants total.
FABULA MORTIS -- MB-A2ABF5755E3950CB - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Growing Pains -- MB-722739994C4FAB12 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
Aveyond Gates of Night -- MB-7D905B5B97D91D5B - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Shutter -- MB-545900FCDDBBA448 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Tycoon City New York -- MB-D87BBBF311DB4D81 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Sugar Cube Bittersweet Factory -- MB-9D26A4989359A133 - Taken by auroragoryalice. 2 entrants total.
Titan Attacks! -- MB-6EE20247B7BC761C - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
StuntMANIA Reloaded -- MB-4375CBE696044022 - Taken by Kuroyume. 5 entrants total.
BANZAI PECAN The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-54A975F95E3382A8 - Taken by Hektor. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-2B2B69DD3BB5E0FB - Taken by Gallantioh. 2 entrants total.
Z -- MB-73E26FD228FB08ED - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
ThreadSpace Hyperbol -- MB-FB5ECA3874D7FF57 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Catmouth Island -- MB-8F7BD1E016B095C0 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Labyrinthine Dreams -- MB-D95665A1B337EE52 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
SWEET LILY DREAMS -- MB-9C9F032281EB9CC4 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
Cold Contract -- MB-2FD44503BC8CE7BD - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-FA5AD8F47C094C03 - Taken by Harusame. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-73262B4934C03AAF - Taken by anastef
Volt -- MB-F289B2A9451EF287 - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats #2 -- MB-2472AC6070AD3D72 - Taken by fertygo
Hare In The Hat -- MB-1A308E1D7AF29116 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-6184C733EEDE87B6 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Eufloria HD -- MB-E4701B61B48CBA42 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 3 entrants total.
The Campaign Series Fall Weiss -- MB-7B4AB1C9269855E5 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C77185B3CA869C7C
Into the Dark Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-9A7284AE932B7C36 - Taken by SeZMehK. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...

Note: The key you added for House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Metal Planet was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SWEET LILY DREAMS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chicken Shoot Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Real Warfare 1242 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Campaign Series Fall Weiss was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1428624351z1.png

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Extras:

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Ticket to Ride Complete Pack -- MB-7DC01F3EF9227359 - Taken by fenners
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-E5855112B52BE026 - Taken by fuzzy123
Vanguard Princess -- MB-BE0597AABC01022B - Taken by Undead Bokun
Shattered Haven -- MB-0BA8402DC0229F3B - Taken by Eila
Make it Indie -- MB-50D8F441D3423C74 - Taken by Roboleon
DARK SCAVENGER -- MB-76BBC8525A74D587 - Taken by Madn
Dino D-Day -- MB-E1F16E1DF1FB30F8 - Taken by 7Sins
Gun Monkeys -- MB-60211F7615561D36 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-165014BFF733C210 - Taken by Phinor
The UnderGarden -- MB-41F3CE3331A2D270 - Taken by texhnolyze

MRORANGE

ozVJk6E.png

Today I turn 26, man I've wasted my life, anyway here is a give-away, obviously you will get the gift when it gets announced.next year.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MRORANGE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rl9ObOG.jpg

Half Life 3 -- MB-77C097772362EB4A - Taken by WinterDemons. 34 entrants total.

t1428699831z1.png

Amzin

ozVJk6E.png

Today I turn 26, man I've wasted my life, anyway here is a give-away, obviously you will get the gift when it gets announced.next year.

Happu Birfday Orange! Just wait until you're my age, you'll realize you've wasted life you didn't even know you have yet! :p

Turfster

ozVJk6E.png

Happy birthday, man.

Directly giving away games to people on my friends list that actually want my bundle spillover has really cramped my modbot megagiver style, huh.
Ah well, I'll get it when they bring out the Teal Box with Portal 3, TF3, L4D3 and Dota3 included.

zkylon

zkylewd
Now I'm wondering what it was. :/
yet another trashy dead or alive character wearing a trashy dead or alive costume in a trashy dead or alive pose

a butt. Be glad that you didn't see it, nudity is filthy and gross

EDIT: btw did you guys see the new MKX fatalities. so awesome. killing people is so cool
that's an awful application of the argument you're trying to make

gratuitous violence is just as gross as gratuitous/pervy nudity, but at least there's not a million pictures of mkx every day

cat

i feel like you people misunderstand the concept of having a birthday

you're supposed to get gifts, not give stuff away

also happy bday orangy

Shadownet

Banned
i feel like you people misunderstand the concept of having a birthday

you're supposed to get gifts, not give stuff away

also happy bday orangy
Nice birthday there =)

Can I have some games pls.
---
Happy Birthday ORANGE. Cheer up and go have some fun. Its literally the only day of the year where you can go crazy and you can use its my birthday excuse.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

post-50371-Inglorious-Basterds-damn-good-YhPd.gif

Happy Birthday! Pour yourself one on me!

Maniac

Banned
not saying I agree with their position, but trying to see from position of devs that try to stay away from steam as long as possible, maybe being dependent on Valve and their client has something to do with it. We all love freedom, we can understand that much.
Only... when you already succumbed to temptation, it's too late to play freedom card and it's even more naive to think that people will want to pay for a game second time for no reason.

It's obviously just to try and increase sales, hoping for double-dipping. I mean, if just 30% of pre-existing owners buy it on Steam that's a huge success.

Money is worth more than integrity to most developers.
"... isn’t free for us in the context of the game’s ongoing growth and development" = "We lose sales if we provide existing owners with Steam keys". The devs are counting on people to double-dip.
Bingo.
ozVJk6E.png

Woot, congrats! Happy birthday!

And yo, hosting our lil party isn't wasting your life! <3

ExoSoul

Banned
Stop looking through his window, man, that's just wrong. ;)

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. It's just that sometimes when we're too close we don't see things others do or we see them differently and it might be nice to be reminded of that other perspective from time to time.

I sincerely wish him a happy birthday, I meant nothing wrong with that :x

Deitus

Happy Birthday! I had no idea you were such a young'un. :p

Someone is going to be really disappointed when they win that and the game is announced as free to play.

I'm going to be sad when Nuuvem inevitably stops being an option somehow. MK Premium for 43 dollars is really nice.

Is Jason included in the Kombat pack or is that a separate thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom