• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I just hope the next TR won't focus too much on the "survival" aspects, I don't want to climb too many mountains and hunt too many bears fighting/stealth through an army before I get to a tomb

BorntoPlay

ozVJk6E.png

Today I turn 26, man I've wasted my life, anyway here is a give-away, obviously you will get the gift when it gets announced.next year.

Happy birthday MRORANGE! The best "future" giveaway ever!! XD

eyeless

re6 is not way better than anything, an absolute abomination of game design

tomb raider is a passable video game, re6 is a crime against humanity, what kind of opinion even is that you are under arrest

Danj

Is there any way to filter out invite spam on Steam? Lately I seem to have been getting an increasing number of invites from users with private profiles and zero friends, which I assume are spam - is there anything that can be done, or do I just have to click Ignore manually each time?

Salsa

Is there any way to filter out invite spam on Steam? Lately I seem to have been getting an increasing number of invites from users with private profiles and zero friends, which I assume are spam - is there anything that can be done, or do I just have to click Ignore manually each time?

this jshackles alt account self-promotion needs to stop

How vital are side missions to The Bureau? I'm looking to burn through it for Playfire monies
lawdy lawdy why do I do this to myself

zkylon

zkylewd
dungeon of the endless normal mode kicks my ass so hard that it's so delightful to go into easy mode and cruise through the levels

awkward...

I am way too close to being warren ;_;

im starting to feel bad for warren

and worse for actually thinking he was an alright kid

what's wrong with me!?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I am pretty sure most gaffers are like Warren, which why we make fun, so there.

Also, the pic that jsecsex has as an avatar is from a soysauce interview that is cringe.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How vital are side missions to The Bureau? I'm looking to burn through it for Playfire monies
lawdy lawdy why do I do this to myself

I'm doing the same. Make sure you're subscribed to their stupid news letter or apparently they won't count.

Side missions aren't important at all, but they're all really short. I don't think any of them have taken me more than twenty minutes, if that? And none are necessary for the playfire achievements.

Bureau's a weird game. It's got that troubled development history feel to it with lots of obvious ragged edges where content was cut, but then things like side missions have some crazy detailed environment set pieces crammed in there for no reason other than to not let the assets go to waste.

Also the first game in years where I've said fuck it and just put the difficulty on the easiest setting since the higher levels offer nothing but bullet sponginess and repetition.

I'm doing the same. Make sure you're subscribed to their stupid news letter or apparently they won't count.

Side missions aren't important at all, but they're all really short. I don't think any of them have taken me more than twenty minutes, if that? And none are necessary for the playfire achievements.

Bureau's a weird game. It's got that troubled development history feel to it with lots of obvious ragged edges where content was cut, but then things like side missions have some crazy detailed environment set pieces crammed in there for no reason other than to not let the assets go to waste.

Also the first game in years where I've said fuck it and just put the difficulty on the easiest setting since the higher levels offer nothing but bullet sponginess and repetition.

Yeah the newsletter requirement is annoying, but at the same time I can't recall ever getting an email from them though I'm still subbed when I initially did it for cash
#whatawhore

Speaking of cut content, Herr Germandokter said something to me about punching aliens to get their weapons but they cut that mechanic out apparently. I think he also (or maybe it was Krut) said something about practicing in the firing range to upgrade tech or something and all I get is the same lame competition against the random grunt. Guess they cut that too but forgot to prune the correlating dialogue.

Game seems to run smoother for me on DX11 but it also has this weird flashing glitch that happens when I move the camera around. Poor completionist me keeps thinking I missed out on some useless note or photograph to look at. I gotta leave those things alone, waste of time.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kinda wish dungeon of the endless gave you a slight benefit for completing it as i'm so bad at these types of games

i really enjoy that this one is more turn-based so i can like process it at a pace that's adequate for my brain but i'm on a handicap here, throw me a bone, game!

most, including myself.

awww :<

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i kinda wish dungeon of the endless gave you a slight benefit for completing it as i'm so bad at these types of games

i really enjoy that this one is more turn-based so i can like process it at a pace that's adequate for my brain but i'm on a handicap here, throw me a bone, game!

awww :<

The benefits are new ships to try!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Total War Battles Kingdom Silver Bracelet Battle Support Code -- MB-A33EDB47381FA81F

zkylon

zkylewd
finished a run on easy, had all but robot knight lady wiped out. got a couple lucky rooms when dashing for the exit and somehow survived

i'm so bad at these games lol

The benefits are new ships to try!
yeah, also collecting all the people

lol

Black Sherlock

Luther

is that any good, i love the guy that plays luther, he was aesome in the wire

Can you really blame him after the way you inaugurate a discussion in this case?
well mine was kind of a shitty post to rile some ppl but it led to cool conversation that would've been set back if i hadn't asked red wiz to actually phrase their disagreement

and we a bit more of back and forth out of it, so i'd say turned out fine <3

With nearly 40 hours put into PoE, the feeling I have toward it is similar to D:OS, which is "I don't really care about the story but I LOVE the gameplay".

Sure Obsidian is much better at writing, but the typical fantasy world setting is just not that interesting.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
finished a run on easy, had all but robot knight lady wiped out. got a couple lucky rooms when dashing for the exit and somehow survived

i'm so bad at these games lol

yeah, also collecting all the people

lol

Some of the people have cool abilities and work well in a strange balance, but the alternate ships are really the meat and potatoes of getting cool new ways to play. I loved how different using the Armory pod was, focusing the entire meta on weapons and having no turrets to take out enemies. It felt more empowering at first, but stuff got really hairy towards the midway point. And then the Medic pod has an entirely different loot drop pool that doesn't exist in any other pod runthrough. It has stuff like huge steroid-style boosts but also side-effects which can negatively affect performance.

I played DotE way longer than I thought I would because the ships changed up so much stuff. There's still some I need to try, now that I think about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i really just scratched the surface, can barely reach floor 6 or 7 on normal diff

i'm still wondering about some of the mechanics, since they don't tell you putting people in dark rooms makes it so enemies don't spawn from them and such

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
yea i really just scratched the surface, can barely reach floor 6 or 7 on normal diff

i'm still wondering about some of the mechanics, since they don't tell you putting people in dark rooms makes it so enemies don't spawn from them and such

Yeah, it doesn't go out of the way to tell you some of the little things like that which can be huge. It took me a while to figure out how repair/increasing production on modules worked because it didn't exactly explain it very well. Some minor trial and error/discovery but not too bad.

_hekk05

Banned
Everything will be on Steam!!! That is Gabens master plan XD

I found out where the emoticons are coming from!

Also screw steam. The digital cheaper than physical future is already dead. Fuck physical retailers and fuck gaben and fuck the guy who introduced SG currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom