• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

I thought Strife would go with the Leeg model and was pleasantly surprised seeing that all heroes are free. Plus you can summon Kongor

I'm more surprised that Valve allowed yet another MOBA hanging around on Steam.
I know that there are already lots of MOBA available on Steam, but Strife is one of the biggest threat to Dota 2.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're thinking of Dawngate which was actually legit
was that the one that was like

based on fairly tales and stuff?

that one looked cool

I'm more surprised that Valve allowed yet another MOBA hanging around on Steam.
I know that there are already lots of MOBA available on Steam, but Strife is one of the biggest threat to Dota 2.
i think the idea of moba competition is pretty dumb cos these are games people don't switch around so easily

also that strife game looks more aimed at children or something?

lol

Isn't that league?
haha cmon now

Dr Dogg

Re: the Bloodborne and exclusives talks a few pages back, I get the feeling there's a fair bit of physiological trickery at work for some folks still waiting for that killer app that makes their purchase 'next gen' with some clinging to the most recent hyped up thing only to find it's not for them. Fingers crossed things will die down a bit when something comes out that pleases all parties or other games that fill out other niches to more of a whole across the libraries but the next 2 big releases, The Wicther III and MGSV are multiplatform and cross gen respectively. Whether Rise of the Tomb Raider or more over Halo 5 deliver the goods for XO owners remains to be seen but for PS4 I get the feeling it's going to take an Uncharted or GT to calm the masses.

Anyway more importantly Richie Benaud died this morning :(

ozVJk6E.png

Today I turn 26, man I've wasted my life, anyway here is a give-away, obviously you will get the gift when it gets announced.next year.

Belated Happy B'Day!

When I was 26 I was still in the boozing, schmoozing and waking up in strangers houses not know how I got there, phase. Make the most of your early years while they last.

Whatever you do, buy an SSD asap. Life without isn't worth living.

Or 6. You can never have enough SSD's and price per GB is always coming down.

_hekk05

Banned
I mean dota captures the more skill-based players and lol captures the players who don't want too many confusing mechanics to juggle.

Not a lot of space left to break into, as can be seen by the myriad of attempts to capitalise on the MOBA scene.

One does not simply start playing another MOBA.

outch

tho we've established i'm a child already so actually i don't take offense for that :>

Lol sorry, no offense intended on that post.
It's just that I never really got into MOBAs so I can only judge it by the graphics. Dota 2 looks more serious (graphically) compared to LoL/Strife to me. They're all cartoony but I'm getting that vibe.

I mean dota captures the more skill-based players and lol captures the players who don't want too many confusing mechanics to juggle.

Not a lot of space left to break into, as can be seen by the myriad of attempts to capitalise on the MOBA scene.

I guess you're right.
Lots of new MOBAs are joining the fray in the past couple years, but none of the can even take a small chunk of Dota 2 and LoL community.
Heroes of the Storm is kinda different and it already has a huge Blizzard community.

_hekk05

Banned
Re: the Bloodborne and exclusives talks a few pages back, I get the feeling there's a fair bit of physiological trickery at work for some folks still waiting for that killer app that makes their purchase 'next gen' with some clinging to the most recent hyped up thing only to find it's not for them. Fingers crossed things will die down a bit when something comes out that pleases all parties or other games that fill out other niches to more of a whole across the libraries but the next 2 big releases, The Wicther III and MGSV are multiplatform and cross gen respectively. Whether Rise of the Tomb Raider or more over Halo 5 deliver the goods for XO owners remains to be seen but for PS4 I get the feeling it's going to take an Uncharted or GT to calm the masses.

I swear of all the things MS has given the world, making 'killer app' a thing is the worst.

Fanboys gonna fanboy, delays will always be the end of the world, multiplats never count towards the library, indies aren't games, but have you seen xx.

Everyone will be happier if they played more instead of posted more.

Excpet for us of course. We find macabre enjoyment in spending money on games and not playing them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/339280/

Didn't know Strife would come to Steam.

Yeah, when I saw it pop up earlier I initially confused it with Strafe... but then realised my mistake when I noticed the booster pack DLC. "Why would a procedurally-generated SP FPS need a--oh."

On the homestretch now!

Of course I bet my router dies again while I'm at work and that's another day wasted.

I'm at 35.5GB myself. Getting there, slowly but surely. If my internet connection were a person I'd throw a shoe at it.

Arthea

I swear of all the things MS has given the world, making 'killer app' a thing is the worst.

Fanboys gonna fanboy, delays will always be the end of the world, multiplats never count towards the library, indies aren't games, but have you seen xx.

Excpet for us of course. We find macabre enjoyment in spending money on games and not playing them.
hey now! no generalization! I plan to play all my games,
when I'll figure out how to live forever

zkylon

zkylewd

yea essentially playing a moba game is kind of a big commitment cos you spend a lot of time learning a whole lot of item and champion nonsense and then you spend a lot money buying pretty skins for all your champions and then it's like why would i play that other shitty moba if i can have a pretty skin my own and then your friends leave you behind and you cry

Lol sorry, no offense intended on that post.
It's just that I never really got into MOBAs so I can only judge it by the graphics. Dota 2 looks more serious (graphically) compared to LoL/Strife to me. They're all cartoony but I'm getting that vibe.
yea dota looks a bit more srs business, tho league has been less cartoony lately

this strife thing tho looks really to the childish side which is fine even tho i kind of dislike their champion designs. dota's too, really, tho at least the designs are not totally like smite's from what i was seeing yesterday.

if strife's aimed at a lower age it could be pretty cool, these things are pretty hard to get into

I guess you're right.
Lots of new MOBAs are joining the fray in the past couple years, but none of the can even take a small chunk of Dota 2 and LoL community.
Heroes of the Storm is kinda different and it already has a huge Blizzard community.
i mean, how are you gotta topple league

it's got like 40 million daily players or some ridiculous number like that

doto does its thing and hots will do its thing too, but how many other people are there for new mobas to snatch

i wish league was on steam so i could track my hours but no fucking way rito is giving valve a dime haha

Aerocrane

This new generation of consoles would've been so much better if Namco made a new Ridge Racer.

Arthea

This new generation of consoles would've been so much better if Namco made a new Ridge Racer.

kazridgeracer.gif

I don't think it was good idea to start moba talk, but I guess there is no stopping zkythis train now

talking about non mobas, I hoped Anteater will post how is Gurumin port and what he liked about a game, but it seems that's not happening. Nobody else played it as far as I can see.

_hekk05

Banned
yea essentially playing a moba game is kind of a big commitment cos you spend a lot of time learning a whole lot of item and champion nonsense and then you spend a lot money buying pretty skins for all your champions and then it's like why would i play that other shitty moba if i can have a pretty skin my own and then your friends leave you behind and you cry

zkylewd baring her soul. There there *pats zky on head*

we'll always have kyaa kyaa fighters

kazridgeracer.gif

I don't think it was good idea to start moba talk, but I guess there is no stopping zkythis train now

talking about non mobas, I hoped Anteater will post how is Gurumin port and what he liked about a game, but it seems that's not happening. Nobody else played it as far as I can see.

I have it on psps and psv, which I firmly believe to be superior.

Unless they fixed the spotty controller support? And have PS buttons.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of MRORANGE, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MRORANGE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half Life 3 -- MB-77C097772362EB4A - Taken by WinterDemons. 34 entrants total.

t1428699831z1.png

Speaking of dozen of threads for x game, it's safe to assume Valve's next game will have a lot of threads about it.

But probably not because of hype :p

Considering this site's overall hostility towards MP focused titles, the demand for a new SP Valve game and the long awaited proper debut for Source 2.

Dr Dogg

Ryse, Knack, Titanfall, Infamous SS, Halo MCC, The Order, even multiplats like Watch_Dogs, Destiny and AC Unity have all had their 15 minutes of fame and left quite a few peeps wanting. They're all pretty serviceable games (well when they're working as intended that is) but most of them have been hyped to the hills and oversold to almost Molyneux levels.

Stuffing you head down the enthusiast hole that is the internet without coming up for air is a dangerous thing. I'm sure there's a double entendre in there somewhere.

I'm at 35.5GB myself. Getting there, slowly but surely. If my internet connection were a person I'd throw a shoe at it.

Unless that person happens to be George W Bush.

Arthea

I have it on psps and psv, which I firmly believe to be superior.

Unless they fixed the spotty controller support? And have PS buttons.

that's why your opinion doesn't matter (¬‿¬)

edited:
guys, if you keep throwing shoes at a working person, it stops working and beats you to a pulp. Consider this for a moment.

Dr Dogg

edited:
guys, if you keep throwing shoes at a working person, it stops working and beats you to a pulp. Consider this for a moment.

My old Maths teacher used to throw a blackboard rubber (that's eraser for our transatlantic cousins) at any kids not paying attention in class. Obvious if she clocked you one with it, being mainly made out of wood, hurt like hell as well as being engulfed in a cloud of chalk dust but she only had one. Come to think of it why on earth did none of us report her to the police?

My internet connection being GWB would make so much sense.

How long is it until you get your connection upgraded? Got a tentative date of September but I'm sceptical.

yea if you liked the characters it's fair, i think a big part of why xenoblade was so disappointing for me is that i was hot off the heels of xenosaga and i was like THIS IS THE BEST SHIT EVER OMG ITS LIKE NGEVANGELION IN VIDEOGAMES so going back to shulk and friends having their village attacked by robots and having to save the world was kind of super lame in comparison

but to be fair everything is super lame in comparison to xenosaga

I should play Xenosaga [/catreadingnewspaper]

Double

South Park (US) isn't region locked, is it? Is it really the only uncut version of the game? edit: I guess it actually is region locked.
Wolfenstein on the other hand IS region locked for us germans, righteo?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How long is it until you get your connection upgraded? Got a tentative date of September but I'm sceptical.

October is the expected month. I won't get a specific date until September, although I saw a couple of fibre haul vans set up around town the other day so if testing goes well then there's a chance of the date being brought forward.

Arthea

My old Maths teacher used to throw a blackboard rubber (that's eraser for our transatlantic cousins) at any kids not paying attention in class. Obvious if she clocked you one with it, being mainly made out of wood, hurt like hell as well as being engulfed in a cloud of chalk dust but she only had one. Come to think of it why on earth did none of us report her to the police?

I'm pretty sure policeman would have just given you couple of bops extra, deservedly also (><)

edited: wth I've just read. Team Ninja is making Dissidia Final Fantasy now?! That's not even funny
it totally is (><)

PARANO1A

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Super Toy Cars -- MB-D870978C1D53DF6E - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-F243D2597C580976 - Taken by Naked Snake. 2 entrants total.
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-C991721D62CF8AC4
Muffin Knight -- MB-137F66F8CABCE12B - Taken by ArynCrinn. 2 entrants total.
The Ship: Murder Party -- MB-2262F40B02A1C3C3 - Taken by r3n4ud. 1 entrants total.

t1428669175z1.png

Bundle day

tmarg

In this case they've already had some success with HoN, and presumably some of that audience is still around, so they're better off than most new mobas. Still, if they were doing that well, I doubt they'd be launching on steam, which is kinda risky since it's dota's territory.

I always root for S2 to do ok, even though I have very little interest in the genre, since they are based out of my hometown.

ViviOggi

Veggie's screenshots made me realize that there's finally a Drift Stage demo...

So glad indies have reached the early 3D age, I NEED more low poly games stat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom