• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

Ah shit, I forgot about this. Cool. I have it on PS3, but I couldn't even make it through the prologue mission due to the framerate. Guess I'll have to take care of this tomorrow. Should make for a pretty awesome back-to-back once I play the PC version the next day, too.

I just need to play with my account linked (which it is) to R* Social Club? Wife's cousin let me borrow PS3 GTAV. So all I need to do is play past prologue which I assume grants a cheevo and bam done nothing else?

Dr Dogg

I'll be interested to know if my temporary ghetto setup runs GTAV worse than the PS360 versions. Life is Strange ran pretty great but UE3 games just run on bloody anything these days.

Does anyone dare to guess GTA V players peak in first 48 hours on Steam? :D

I think numbers after the first full weekend would be more fair but somewhere between Skyrim's 200,000 and Dark Souls II's 80,000. I would say more but it's not solely on Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Might eclipse Skyrim's launch numbers. So around 300k.

I'd agree with you if it were a Steamworks game, but since the only store selling the Steam version is Steam itself, meaning there are cheaper alternatives of the Social Club persuasion for just about everybody, I think Dogg is right: somewhere around/above DS2 but definitely below Skyrim.

_hekk05

Banned
I'd agree with you if it were a Steamworks game, but since the only store selling the Steam version is Steam itself, meaning there are cheaper alternatives of the Social Club persuasion for just about everybody, I think Dogg is right: somewhere around/above DS2 but definitely below Skyrim.

Most people aren't going to buy them off Nuuvem though, and the rest of the stores aren't that much cheaper. Plus volvo killed cross-region trading.

I predict 200k.

JaseC

Most people aren't going to buy them off Nuuvem though, and the rest of the stores aren't that much cheaper. Plus volvo killed cross-region trading.

I predict 200k.

Why do you think I mentioned "... meaning there are cheaper alternatives of the Social Club persuasion for just about everybody"? ;) If CRT were still viable I'd be less dismissive.

Milamber

Well now, that changes everything. :p

nR5IwR6.png

*coughs blood*

JaseC

Man 18 updates on PS3 GTAV. Just so I can play ten minutes for useless things -.-

For whatever reason even PSN: PS4 Edition doesn't give you the most recent build of a digital game (unless the game hasn't been patched, obviously), but at least now you only need to install one patch instead of a string of them.

nR5IwR6.png

*coughs blood*

Look at all that bonus cash. The game paid for itself and then some!

yuraya

Does anyone dare to guess GTA V players peak in first 48 hours on Steam? :D

Its been out for a while now. Millions of people have already played it so I don't think it will do something as crazy as the skyrim numbers. If it was new probably yea it would but its not. I would guess 100k concurrent would be the highest it'll go.

It has been in top sellers for quite a while tho so you never know.

dex3108

Well if Cities managed to reach 60K i think that GTA V will reach at least 100K. In the end it is one of the most anticipated games on PC.

Thorgal

I played some of the tutorials the other day. I didn't notice anything wrong with the game. I have the GOG.com version. I think I had to change the config to get the resolution to 1440x900. I think you can also do Large Adress Aware. Steam version is similar but it may be a different build number. Not sure about mods. I'm gaming on W 8.1 i5 4670 with 770.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sim_City_4

late response but thank you .

Right, I was on phone and forgot

Half-Life 3 will release before Cyberpunk. And no, that's not a joke.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if we got an update on the game this year. Its own team has been working on it for years and they probably expanded too. Once TW3 ships more people can move to it while the rest do the TW3 expansions. Late 2016 or 2017 release might be possible.

Meanwhile we don't even know when L4D3 is coming out, it hasn't even been announced yet lol. If it's not this year, can't see HL3 coming out till 2018. And what if the majority of the devs have caught the VR flu and now are working on Ricochet: VR Edition :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Old City: Leviathan -- MB-EE964596A793F81B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 46 entrants total.

t1428875100z1.png

Dr Dogg

I know I've flirted with the idea but has anyone set up a SteamGAF GTA crew yet? You know so we can all be antisocial in yet another place.
What do I need to do in GTAV console to get those rewards? My accounts are all linked. I don't need to transfer a save?

Just as long as you complete the prologue whilst signed into PSN and have your account linked to Rockstar's Social Club it will upload your mission stats. That's how it tracks you've played it and you can go have a look to see if it's uploaded here socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps3/career/missions/prologue/stats

Sarcasm

I know I've flirted with the idea but has anyone set up a SteamGAF GTA crew yet? You know so we can all be antisocial in yet another place.

Just as long as you complete the prologue whilst signed into PSN and have your account linked to Rockstar's Social Club it will upload your mission stats. That's how it tracks you've played it and you can go have a look to see if it's uploaded here socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps3/career/missions/prologue/stats

What achievement do I need? I only got the Welcome to Los Santos one.

** I am linked pretty sure since it says unlink account under the PSN with my avatar.

Dr Dogg

What achievement do I need? I only got the Welcome to Los Santos one.

It's not tied to achievements it's tied to having data on Rockstar's servers. While technically getting the achievement/trophy means you have played the Prologue you need to be online and have that account connected to a Rockstar Social Club account for the stuff to unlock.

Here's the support article about it.

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...t-for-Returning-Players-in-Grand-Theft-Auto-V

Sarcasm

Think it worked. I clicked on games. Saw GTAV. Clicked on it and it says I am on the third mission with a locked symbol. First two missions show up. Prologue and Franklin & Lamar.

Dr Dogg

Think it worked. I clicked on games. Saw GTAV. Clicked on it and it says I am on the third mission with a locked symbol. First two missions show up. Prologue and Franklin & Lamar.

Should be it. I'm a bit paranoid as I've restarted my progresses last year and it wiped all of my scores so fingers crossed I haven't ballsed things up.

I'll wait for Stable Hand Simulator 1815 thanks. Where you get to play as Bobby-Joe who has a crush on Peggy-Sue but is to scared to tell her his true intentions until he gets wasted at the barn yard dance and things go a little bit wobbly.

Uzzy

I'll wait for Stable Hand Simulator 1815 thanks. Where you get to play as Bobby-Joe who has a crush on Peggy-Sue but is to scared to tell her his true intentions until he gets wasted at the barn yard dance and things go a little bit wobbly.

Then poor Bobby-Joe has to go off to Waterloo and the game becomes a gritty, realistic war simulator. Will Bobby-Joe make it through the battle and return home to his beloved Peggy-Sue?

Dr Dogg

Go to Social Club and check :D

I did, that's how i know things are a little messed up. Completion rates are there but nothing shows up on the leaderboards, either friends or global. Might dig it out and fire off the first couple of missions and see if it updates.

Then poor Bobby-Joe has to go off to Waterloo and the game becomes a gritty, realistic war simulator. Will Bobby-Joe make it through the battle and return home to his beloved Peggy-Sue?

Hmmm we might have the makings here of literary classic. That or some creepy Mills & Boon-esque trash.

Also, Alice eve, OMG.

Emmm, I do like flirting with british girls, so coy.

I forever associate her with Star Trek: Into Darkness. That's a bad thing.

fantomena

Any plans for the
Common-Seal-web.jpg

?

Will personally be looking for Evil Within Season Pass and RE: Revelations 2, Stardrive 2 and Scholars.

WIll definetly not buy Reign of Kings. The devs behind it are the folks who tried to make Starforge, which ended up not nearly done and they just like "ran away" from it.

dex3108

Any plans for the
Common-Seal-web.jpg

?

Will personally be looking for Evil Within Season Pass and RE: Revelations 2, Stardrive 2 and Scholars.

WIll definetly not buy Reign of Kings. The devs behind it are the folks who tried to make Starforge, which ended up not nearly done and they just like "ran away" from it.

I will wait Bethesda E3 sale to buy The Brigmore Witches at 75% off (yes it will be 75% off because they will announce Dishonored 2!) XD And i have 60 other games/DLCs on my Wishlist so we will see.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I will wait Bethesda E3 sale to buy The Brigmore Witches at 75% off (yes it will be 75% off because they will announce Dishonored 2!) XD And i have 60 other games/DLCs on my Wishlist so we will see.

only 60? git gud, nub!! ;)

Tizoc

The Seal is during the end of the year.
Right now we approach the Sale.

Personally I'm waiting for DBZ Xenoverse to go on sale.

Oh what? Are you not using an SSD? Soooo much faster for everything, gaming included.
This is incorrect, especially for PC gaming. You will see shortened load times both in game and when using/starting up the computer. There was a period during the seventh console generation where due to the financials of SSDs and the limitations of the PS3 hardware, relating to similarities in hybrid vs SSD performance, that purchasing a hybrid drive was the wise choice.
I use an Samsung 850 Pro, and it's awesome. To be honest, though, getting a Crucial BX100 is a great option as well. For games they make loading times virtually gone. One of the longest loading games ever made, Battlefield 4, can go from loading for over a minute on an HDD, to loading in 10 seconds on an SSD.
Ah, ok. Thanks for all the info guys. I knew about quick loadtimes but forgot it may work on game loads as well. But in terms of FPS there is not much difference, right?
I never used an SSD but it is the plan. If AMD would just reveal their 3xx series. It all depends on that. I thought March is the date but still nothing :(
Are we German now? I barely got the pronunciation of schadenfreude up until now.
German is such a great language. You can do so much with it. Very modular.
nR5IwR6.png

*coughs blood*
Man, have some patience! :p
GTA-V-returning-player-bonuses.jpg

Soo, in order to get the bonus content on GTAV PC, i must do the "Prologue" mission on either PS3 or X360. Problem is, I don't have either. Can someone do this for me? I'm even willing to give a TF2 key for this. :D

Edit: Found someone!
That is crap by R*. At least give some option to get these things for non-previous-owners, would you? That Rail Gun looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom