• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone migrated to the new version :p

I like how From added the word 'moneybags' to the list of things you can write in messages. Pretty sure that wasn't in the base game at launch. Almost like they're self aware about the dick move they pulled off charging for a patch.
Haha. Just checked. "Moneybags" & "Bloody expensive" are in vanilla as well. So the greed was there from the beginning ;)

Yeah, I hope there are still enough vanilla folks out there. I really love the concept of unknown "friends".

Today something really crazzy happened. I was summoned and I helped this guy in full Havel all the way from the very first bonfire until twi bonfires later and the first boss. It was his first run since all gates were still closed and I gave him time ti exlpore. When ge was to rash I would jump infront if him to catch spells and hits - Kevin Costner style :)
He really appreciated it and dropped me twi things. A +10 Dark Uchigatana & a +10 Notched Whip !!!
I helped probably over 100 people wirh bosses etc. and I never got anything.
But this dude... this dude blew my mind.

Edit: so many typos -_- i blame phone and fingers

bakeray

DYU79jf.png

Should hopefully have it by the time it releases at 7PM tomorrow..

HoosTrax

I'm trying really hard to get into GRID Autosport, but the career mode is unbelievably dull. It's probably the worst career mode out of any of the GRID games. At least you owned your own cars, garage, team, and could customize your team livery in those other games. It gave you the satisfaction of taking your team from a no-name outfit working out of a dingy garage, to a glitzy state-of-the-art facility.

In Autosport, you drive a car for whichever sponsor you choose each season and it gives you zero feeling of engagement or personal investment. You don't get paid anything -- you just have the "satisfaction" of getting to drive for better sponsor next season. It also makes almost no sense the way it's set up, where if you win the championship cup in a given event, you'll be given an offer to drive for Ravenwest (the top dog team), but only in that one event if you decide to rerun it the next season -- you'll still be stuck with the low tier sponsors if you choose a different event in the same discipline.

Driving on contract for a sponsored team is not in itself a bad idea, but they implemented it badly. I hope Project CARS's career mode isn't going to be this awful.

I never finish a GTA game. I even played the first 2D GTA games back then.
I only play them for fun, like stealing cars, creating chaos and such.

*whew* It's been a long weekend away from you guys. I was working a game expo here in town the whole weekend, good news is I won Best Scoring/Sound Design! Anything I missed this weekend?
I never finish a GTA game. I even played the first 2D GTA games back then.
I only play them for fun, like stealing cars, creating chaos and such.

GTAV was the first one I beat. I quit IV after a while, played San Andreas when it came out but got the glitch in the Tanker Commander mission that stops all story progress.

Kagemusha

I broke down and got GTA V from Brazil as well. I'm not even a fan of the series or genre. I played the first few missions of GTA III on PS2, but quit on the sniper rifle mission. And that was 14 years ago.

GTAV was the first one I beat. I quit IV after a while, played San Andreas when it came out but got the glitch in the Tanker Commander mission that stops all story progress.

I never get hooked on GTA story missions.
I can do things on those mission without having to deal with the story anyway. I know there are lots of unique missions but I never got that far.

I'm pretty amazed that after all this time so many are still excited for gta v. The power of the franchise I guess.

I broke down and got GTA V from Brazil as well. I'm not even a fan of the series or genre. I played the first few missions of GTA III on PS2, but quit on the sniper rifle mission. And that was 14 years ago.

The hype is just unbearable.

_hekk05

Banned
Only played the psp gtas. Vice city, liberty city, and chinatown wars. Good stuff

I'm sure my crappy laptop can't handle GTAV so I'll have to pass.

Zafir

Only GTA I've finished is Vice City.

Didn't care that much for San Andreas and it's story. Nor GTAIV's.

Dunno whether I'll finish GTAV's finally with the PC version here. I mainly bought it for the online really.

derExperte

Not doing GTA's story missions means missing out on all of the fun characters and dialogues, especially in VC, SA and Gay Tony. V is more grounded (and sometimes dare I say boring) but still has good stuff. What a waste to just run around and blow stuff up, that happens anyway and is even more enjoyable with some context imo.

Oh I actually already own GTAV on 360 too. So I'm not really a first time player. The online was totally borked on launch though, and between that and the heists not being in I gave up on it and never touched it again. Now all my friends have moved away from the last gen consoles so, the patches to it were a little too late unfortunately.

I tried it on PS3 a month ago. Even without the still prevalent technical issues and ignoring regular load times (which afaik are still very long on nextgen) I couldn't quite figure out what's so good about it. Same for RDR's mp. Just not my thing but then I hate MMOs in general and these felt a lot like one with grind, repeating the same missions and so on.

Zafir

GTA:O is fun enough to warrant the $60 price tag for a first time player IMO

Oh I actually already own GTAV on 360 too. So I'm not really a first time player. The online was totally borked on launch though, and between that and the heists not being in I gave up on it and never touched it again. Now all my friends have moved away from the last gen consoles so, the patches to it were a little too late unfortunately.

Turfster

I tried it on PS3 a month ago. Even without the still prevalent technical issues and ignoring regular load times (which afaik are still very long on nextgen) I couldn't quite figure out what's so good about it. Same for RDR's mp. Just not my thing but then I hate MMOs in general and these felt a lot like one with grind, repeating the same missions and so on.

Stockholm Syndrome.
"I bought this turd, there has to be something fun about it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom