• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm trying really hard to get into GRID Autosport, but the career mode is unbelievably dull. It's probably the worst career mode out of any of the GRID games. At least you owned your own cars, garage, team, and could customize your team livery in those other games. It gave you the satisfaction of taking your team from a no-name outfit working out of a dingy garage, to a glitzy state-of-the-art facility.

In Autosport, you drive a car for whichever sponsor you choose each season and it gives you zero feeling of engagement or personal investment. You don't get paid anything -- you just have the "satisfaction" of getting to drive for better sponsor next season. It also makes almost no sense the way it's set up, where if you win the championship cup in a given event, you'll be given an offer to drive for Ravenwest (the top dog team), but only in that one event if you decide to rerun it the next season -- you'll still be stuck with the low tier sponsors if you choose a different event in the same discipline.

Driving on contract for a sponsored team is not in itself a bad idea, but they implemented it badly. I hope Project CARS's career mode isn't going to be this awful.

I really disliked it because the races got so tedious with the lap counts. I just got so worn out on every single track after the 3rd or 4th time I had to do a 6+ lap run of it again.

tumblr_n0l8irko8p1rh1v81o1_400.gif

tumblr_nkxbzeRhAu1rh1v81o1_400.gif

GTA Online is the best

HoosTrax

I really disliked it because the races got so tedious with the lap counts. I just got so worn out on every single track after the 3rd or 4th time I had to do a 6+ lap run of it again.
Yeah the touring cars discipline in particular had that problem. Each race felt it took ages to do because you had practice laps, then you did the qualifying laps, then you did the actual race (twice each track). All the boredom of real life races without any of the payoff or satisfaction.

Ironically, I think Euro Truck Simulator 2 had a more satisfying career design. You start off as a driver hiring themselves out on a contract basis, doing single jobs and driving trucks owned by big companies. Once you get a little money rolling in, you can buy your own truck and basic garage and start your own trucking company, with your own employees.

It's too bad Autosport didn't have something similar, where you start out with one-off sponsors, and eventually you run your own show like Stewart-Haas Racing, where you have your own entire racing company where you're both an owner and a racer.

Milamber

The ETS2 simulation experience to managerial positioning is by far the best way to handle a game.

What I would give for a Flight simulator game with the same formula.

It was only $30, which seems like a pretty good price, too bad it's not a Steam key, but I can deal with it.
Won't be a bigger discount then what nuuvem is selling it for now.
I only thought about the Steam version, haha. The non-Steam ones didn't even cross my mind. Well, yeah.
In that case, the price is better than summer sale probably. I remember for the same price a Steam-version being available via China some time ago. But it was only for a very short time.
Actually I've already fulfilled most of my promises. Only a couple small ones that haven't come out yet. Like Hyperlight Drifter. man that game is never going to come out :(
Sell your Witcher 3 extra key and get yourself a couple good games at medium prices. Best choice really.

I like when new games come out because it gives me something to focus on. At the same time my problem is that if I get distracted from a game and temporarily move on to something else it usually stays unfinished for months
years
as by the time I get back I have to choose between my 900 other unfinished games.

Going to really try to do better with this from now on.

Milamber

I like when new games come out because it gives me something to focus on. At the same time my problem is that if I get distracted from a game and temporarily move on to something else it usually stays unfinished for months
years
as by the time I get back I have to choose between my 900 other unfinished games.

Going to really try to do better with this in the coming months.

You know that is never going to happen guro-chan.

Dsyndrome

All the GTA talk reminded me that I bought London 1969 back in college and never even tried it. Think rockstar may have still been DMA Design. R* should release it again on STEAM and reap in the rewards from confusion of folks that never saw the original GTA games.

Vlad

Anyways, I'm looking for recommendations on stealth games or similar (where you can kill people from time to time, but doesn't get to run-of-the-mill-shooter levels) that can run on a laptop without discrete GPU. I've been starting playing games with my GF and she has loved Lucius, Velvet Assassin and Hitman: Blood Money the most. Any suggestions?

I'm a huge fan of Mark of the Ninja. Lots of options in how to approach any given room, plus different outfits and items that you can equip to suit different playstyles.

years

Going to really try to do better with this from now on.

I'm doing the same thing right now. I've got Pillars on the back burner while I play through Dishonored. Sorely tempted to play SteamWorld Dig but I know that'll completely derail my Dishonored playthrough.

Miguel81

I'm a huge fan of Mark of the Ninja. Lots of options in how to approach any given room, plus different outfits and items that you can equip to suit different playstyles.

That's such a great game, and one of my favorite stealth ones from the last few years. Played through it 3 times back to back, and one of those was just for the commentary bits and some experimentation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Someone with the name "Do want GTA V" has sent me a friend request. I think I know where this is going.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
AmericaGAF:

250GB Samsung 850 Evo $89 (free shipping).

Fry's & Amazon (Depending on where you live, one or the other may charge sales tax.)

Someone with the name "Do want GTA V" has sent me a friend request. I think I know where this is going.

Hey, a deal is a deal. Just remember that Steam is having issues so click on the alternative link that they send you.

huh? When I booted my notebook up this morning C: had an additional 8GB free space out of nowhere (has happened once before), and now I looked at it again and it extended to 20GB. What?

_hekk05

Banned
Be glad you guys still have your fancy i5 & i7.
I'm still rocking with my amd phenom this year.

I would too but my phenom's cmos died twice already. I got tired of it only having 2 hours of battery life, and that was with underclocking.

Now I enjoy about 4-5 hrs doing general surfing. Kinda surprised it lasts that long

Milamber

I have two 15,000 mAh USB battery backups for my phones, Nintendo stuff and a single 20,000 mAh one reserved for my Windows tablets. Don't have battery dying issues with them around in a pinch.
EDIT: Being in IT, having them around for any emergency is a boon. Especially those cable dongle thingies with every available USB connection on it.

dex3108

GTA IV = Done!

In short good protagonist, interesting story, most of the missions are boring, gunplay average, everything else mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom