• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Also Serbo-Croatian lines that Niko speaks are really bad. They could hire somebody that was born here. It is my native language and every time he spoke i cringed.

fantomena

Lol at Steam saying GTA V opens up 13th april which is today, but the hours on the store page count downs to 1 hour into 14th april.

I would too but my phenom's cmos died twice already. I got tired of it only having 2 hours of battery life, and that was with underclocking.

Now I enjoy about 4-5 hrs doing general surfing. Kinda surprised it lasts that long

My phenom will be 6-year-old this year.
Time goes by..

GTA IV = Done!

In short good protagonist, interesting story, most of the missions are boring, gunplay average, everything else mediocre.

Good, now sign this petition to remove GFWL from GTA IV! :D
https://www.change.org/p/remove-gfwl-from-gta-4-and-gta-eflc

R* doesn't care about users and petitions, they do what they want to do :D They just updated Steam Store page with disclaimer that they don't care.

Well, there goes my hope. :(

Is it the 955 that you're using? I had that one ~3 years before biting on a FX8320 sale. It was a great little performer the whole time I ran with it.

Yep, that one. Best purchase ever.
Will be holding up until that new intel cpu comes out. What is it, Skylake?

My i7 860 back at home is nearly 5yo, upgraded a while ago and is still running well. (750ti, 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM)
If valve is locking down every region, the least they can do is unlock the game on time in each region, timezones be damned.
The countdown time is the same for everyone.

madjoki

R* doesn't care about users and petitions, they do what they want to do :D They just updated Steam Store page with disclaimer that they don't care.

It's same disclaimer that was in EULA & printed on back of boxed version.

If they do anything, it will be Rockstar Social Club, not Steamworks. Pretty sure they won't do anything. It's no like anyone plays multiplayer.

I can't seem to fathom why people like Deadly Premonition so much. Played a little bit for the first time today... The gameplay is like this awful bastard child of RE1 and 4, and the atmosphere and voice acting is reminiscent of House of the Dead 2

I can't seem to fathom why people like Deadly Premonition so much. Played a little bit for the first time today... The gameplay is like this awful bastard child of RE1 and 4, and the atmosphere and voice acting is reminiscent of House of the Dead 2

From what I can tell it's a strange Japanese reinterpretation of Twin Peaks, so without knowing the source material you'll miss out on a lot.

It's charmingly weird in a Twin Peaks sort if way. I personally love it for the characters and the absurdity of it all, the fact that a game like that exist is great. Trust me, no one loves DP for it's gameplay.

Dr Dogg

I'm sure I'll have just as much faith in Rockstar's cloud save implementation as Uplay's for not eating my saves.

Then again I remember putting on the armed pedestrians and violent pedestrians cheats in GTA3 and saving that state on my only save when I was right near the end. Those last few missions were stressful to say the least.

Arthea

eagerly awaiting for gtapocalypse
seriously it'll burn your GPU and CPU, steal your wife and so on.
You know it's true and you all deserve that for buying it!

Dr Dogg

eagerly awaiting for gtapocalypse
seriously it'll burn your GPU and CPU, steal your wife and so on.
You know it's true and you all deserve that for buying it!

I get the feeling those who have the Social Club version might go into meltdown mode in a little under 15 hours time. Either game doesn't decrypt, deletes all their downloaded data or something like. Uplay has made me a cynic for standalone clients.

Arthea

I get the feeling those who have the Social Club version might go into meltdown mode in a little under 15 hours time. Either game doesn't decrypt, deletes all their downloaded data or something like. Uplay has made me a cynic for standalone clients.

I like how you think that steam version will be OK *insert evil insane laugh here*

I didn't buy it, I'm still waiting for RDR.

my girl!

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
My cousin can get his own damn games!

How_I_Live_Now_poster.jpg

Are there any programs that give you a nice visualization of what's eating your storage space up? I'm trying to make room on my SSD for GTAV but I don't know what else to remove.

Dr Dogg

I like how you think that steam version will be OK *insert evil insane laugh here*

I've no qualms about Steam's content delivery, hands down better than some professional enterprise software installers, but seeing as the DRM uses Rockstar's Social Club on every copy I get the feeling that the authentication servers are going to be overloaded and fucked over. I may have shitty internet speeds but I'm pretty confident I can decrypt it faster than most before the rush kicks in.

Dr Dogg

The funny thing is, even as barebones as Salsa's OT is, there are still peeps who haven't 'read' it due to people asking when it unlocks.

I can create one if you want :D

Actually i can't :( You can create only one crew per account :(

Do it! I would have but the grim reality of the administration responsibilities and effort required to accept invite after invite unless making it open to all and sundry put me right off.

Nooooooooooo just seen your edit.

dex3108

The funny thing is, even as barebones as Salsa's OT is, there are still peeps who haven't 'read' it due to people asking when it unlocks.

Do it! I would have but the grim reality of the administration responsibilities and effort required to accept invite after invite unless making it open to all and sundry put me right off.

Nooooooooooo just seen your edit.

I would love to create and manage SteamGAF crew but i allready made Crew for local forum. But you can create SteamGAF Crew and put me as Commissioner so i can manage it. You just need to turn off notifications for Crew invites :D

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Are there any programs that give you a nice visualization of what's eating your storage space up? I'm trying to make room on my SSD for GTAV but I don't know what else to remove.

I like WinDirStat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom