• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How_I_Live_Now_poster.jpg

Are you implying that I bang my cousin? :p

Is GTA V getting a benchmark feature?

It could go either way as GTA4 has an in-built benchmark function but Max Payne 3 does not, however I think we would have heard by now if 5 is to be a repeat of the former rather than the latter.

Edit: Ah, there is an in-built benchmark. Good stuff.

Dr Dogg

I would love to create and manage SteamGAF crew but i allready made Crew for local forum. But you can create SteamGAF Crew and put me as Commissioner so i can manage it. You just need to turn off notifications for Crew invites :D

Haven't got my login details on me. If no one has done it by the time I get in tonight I'll sort something out.

dex3108

Haven't got my login details on me. If no one has done it by the time I get in tonight I'll sort something out.

Ok. If somebody else wants to make SteamGAF crew before Dogg contact me after creation so i can make logo/emblem and set other things. I am free all day and i don't have anything else to do XD.

To what degree is it okay to sink the sausage?

We had a philosophy experiment in my ethics class of two siblings, male and female, hanging out in the family cabin well away from anyone else. They decide to try sex and the sticker factor is they use a condom. The experiment asks if what they did was wrong. Assuming they can keep this razzle dazzle under wraps, they wouldn't be hurting conservative diehard Republican great aunt Flo or anyone else in the family. Given that this is a magic condom that 100% blocks rogue swimmers making contact or any sort of STD, is what they did wrong?

They debate that usually follows is quite illuminating, especially for those who have considered performing the experiment for real with their own siblings. The sick fucks.

dex3108

I have two college friends (male and female) that share same surname and they fell in love. They checked 10 generations to see if they are related and they were lucky they were not :D At least they won't have to argue which surname they will use when they get married XD

No? Don't you need to push the pre-load button after the game has been released and then the game starts to unpack? Not that I don't think that I would know better than you, but that's the way I have done it (with the 5 our so games I have preloaded).

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I have two college friends (male and female) that share same surname and they fell in love. They checked 10 generations to see if they are related and they were lucky they were not :D At least they won't have to argue which surname they will use when they get married XD

I find it really weird when people that fall in love with a girl/guy that shares the same name as an immediate family member.

_hekk05

Banned
My college is no fun, but then I don't do humanities.

No drama in junior college either, except for the honor of having the highest abortion rate amongst the nation's colleges one year (grand total of one). Not the highest pregnancy rate though ◑▂◐ 

JaseC

No? Don't you need to push the pre-load button after the game has been released and then the game starts to unpack? Not that I don't think that I would know better than you, but that's the way I have done it (with the 5 our so games I have preloaded).

Not any more. Steam's been automatically unpacking pre-loads for at least a year or so now, IIRC. I first noticed it myself with Thi4f or maybe South Park.

A Fish Aficionado

I had roommates that did RA jobs...man some of the safe sex seminars were like, "Dude, you got into a UC, how could you not know what a condom is?"

Messiah

Oh, took a wrong turn and ended up in incestGAF. Hate when this happens.

Considering the new Deus Ex I really would like to finish human revolution. However, my framerate drops to around 15 whenever I am in a crowded area. Did anyone experience the same? From what i've read it is a widespread problem with AMD cards, but none of the fixes I found helped me.

Not any more. Steam's been automatically unpacking pre-loads for at least a year or so now, IIRC. I first noticed it myself with Thi4f or maybe South Park.

Hmm... the last game I preordered was... MGS:GZ had I definitely had to unpack that manually, same with the game before that, MGR:R. Maybe it's game by game basis or something. I stopped preloading games after I figured out that I can just download them faster anyway with my old PC ^^

Oh, took a wrong turn and ended up in incestGAF. Hate when this happens.

Considering the new Deus Ex I really would like to finish human revolution. However, my framerate drops to around 15 whenever I am in a crowded area. Did anyone experience the same? From what i've read it is a widespread problem with AMD cards, but none of the fixes I found helped me.
Isn't it an AMD card game? And what were you using?

JaseC

Hmm... the last game I preordered was... MGS:GZ had I definitely had to unpack that manually, same with the game before that, MGR:R. Maybe it's game by game basis or something. I stopped preloading games after I figured out that I can just download them faster anyway with my old PC ^^

Well, the client "refreshes" only every 10 or 15 minutes (edit: 5 minutes), so if you were present when the game unlocked then that may be why you didn't notice (i.e. you initiated the decryption process before Steam had a chance to detect the release state change).

A Fish Aficionado

Nvidia Optimus is still so finicky. I slightly overclooked my laptop one and while the temp was still within range it would transfer to my onboard Intel card after like 30 minutes.

Dammit nvidia.

GPU: AMD HD 7850 2GB
CPU: i5 3570k
RAM: 8GB

I was able to "play" through detroit at 25-30 fps, but once I reached china it was unplayable.

Something's not right. Even an HD 7770 1GB will be able to get 40+ in framerate. But that's the original version, don't know about Director's Cut.

Dr Dogg

I'm having serious thoughts about getting a new PC case. Problem is 99% of what's available is fecking hideous, too cluttered or the ali ones which cost a small fortune.

I mean sure you can instigate it unpacking manually but if you have your downloads page open you'll see Steam try to unpack a preload you have finished about every 5 mins (will change the time complete stamp).

Arthea

I'm having serious thoughts about getting a new PC case. Problem is 99% of what's available is fecking hideous, too cluttered or the ali ones which cost a small fortune.

I mean sure you can instigate it unpacking manually but if you have you're downloads page open you'll see Steam try to unpack a preload you have finished about every 5 mins (will change the time complete stamp).

I haven't bought a case in a long time, but I had problem exactly like you before and I bought some bloody expensive server case at the end, at least it didn't look like horrid Xmas decoration and it was large and "silent". I can't remember the brand and I'm not sure they still make those anyway.
well, that wasn't helpful at all now was it? (><)
Maybe I'll remember a brand later, it were some meaningless 3-4 letters I think.

Milamber

A good PC case is like a mattress. You'll be gaming with that right next to your line of sight for years. You will be plugging stuff in constantly. So you have to be discriminating on its ease of access, features for upgradeability and not being an eyesore every time you turn to look at it.

Don't cheap out on a case. Try newegg or some site that delivers if the local ones don't suit your taste.

EDIT: I'm partial towards the Fractal Design's Define R4 series.

pahamrick

A good PC case is like a mattress. You'll be gaming with that right next to your line of sight for years. You will be plugging stuff in constantly. So you have to be discriminating on its ease of access, features for upgradeability and not being an eyesore every time you turn to look at it.

Don't cheap out on a case. Try newegg or some site that delivers if the local ones don't suit your taste.

Agreed.

If I ever decided to go crazy on a future build, I've pretty much decided on a CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 as the case, simply because it should be a case that lasts for a decade +. Thing is a monster.

Milamber

Agreed.

If I ever decided to go crazy on a future build, I've pretty much decided on a CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 as the case, simply because it should be a case that lasts for a decade +. Thing is a monster.

Jesus christ that thing is $500 basic!? I like the options thought but that is a bit too much.

I mean, I love it. It has all that is needed for upgrading down the line. But I don't want to look at it and it's astronomical price in my bedroom while I'm digging out change to pay for my next hooker.

Dr Dogg

I haven't bought a case in a long time, but I had problem exactly like you before and I bought some bloody expensive server case at the end, at least it didn't look like horrid Xmas decoration and it was large and "silent". I can't remember the brand and I'm not sure they still make those anyway.
well, that wasn't helpful at all now was it? (><)
Maybe I'll remember a brand later, it were some meaningless 3-4 letters I think.

My workstation/server case in an R4. Great case for the money and stupidly slient but I've never been overly keen on the front and I really not too keen on the changes done to the R5. My toy PC is in a 750D which was fine when I was running an SLI setup but with one card it's a waste of space and it takes up so much space on my desk. Really wished Jonsbo made their U series in an ATX form factor.

Milamber

My workstation/server case in an R4. Great case for the money and stupidly slient but I've never been overly keen on the front and I really not too keen on the changes done to the R5. My toy PC is in a 750D which was fine when I was running an SLI setup but with one card it's a waste of space and it takes up so much space on my desk. Really wished Jonsbo made their U series in an ATX form factor.

I keep my case on my right. I can't handle the USB and stuff on the right side of the case.

shockdude

Nvidia Optimus is still so finicky. I slightly overclooked my laptop one and while the temp was still within range it would transfer to my onboard Intel card after like 30 minutes.

Dammit nvidia.
what. That's not how Optimus works, you can't just switch graphics cards in the middle of a game...? Maybe the CPU/GPU is throttling? What are your temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom