• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTA unlocks tonight according to the countdown. Not sure if I should pay and guarantee my in-game cash or wait and hope this heavily bloated SG giveaway goes in my favor.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-E0DB9CDE42FDFA6E - Taken by crazyrabbits

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
what. That's not how Optimus works, you can't just switch graphics cards in the middle of a game...? Maybe the CPU/GPU is throttling? What are your temps?

Maybe it was resuming to a safe mode? Temps were below heat threshold. Googling makes it seem to be a voltage issue. laptops tend to run hotter than desktops, so like cupuz would register as overheating when in normal range.

hmm.

gt 650 card.

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to save at as a gift in my inventory, I'll just get a refund if I somehow win that giveaway. That doesn't seem too gray area.

rtcn63

My Fractal Design R4's case USB 3.0 ports are unreliable and it began to buzz intermittently over time, but I guess that's possible for pretty much any budget case out there.

Vlad

GTA IV = Done!

In short good protagonist, interesting story, most of the missions are boring, gunplay average, everything else mediocre.

Ugh, you too, huh? I finally finished the game last week, and I can't believe how terrible it was. Well, not really "finished", since the last mission bugged out on me and was unfinishable, so I ended up just watching it on YouTube. I still remember a lot of the different missions from San Andreas, but less than a week after finishing IV, I'm having a hard time remembering anything really distinct about it.

shockdude

Maybe it was resuming to a safe mode? Temps were below heat threshold. Googling makes it seem to be a voltage issue. laptops tend to run hotter than desktops, so like cupuz would register as overheating when in normal range.

hmm.

gt 650 card.
Use Nvidia Inspector and CPU-Z to figure out which one is throttling. This is easiest with a second monitor, but playing a game in windowed might work too.
Using ThrottleStop, I can push my i7-4700MQ to max 90C, and a recent GT755M overclock test pushed it to max 90C. Unmodified temps are both around the low 80s.
I undid the overclock as imo it's not worth it, at least until I repaste everything.

Arthea

Laziest bot ever. At least try to fool me into think it's Gabe, a hot girl or free stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/vhziiGv.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

They come in waves, I was getting Yunas for some time (not anymore), that was really creepy, creepier than Gaben even.

edited: IDK why you are so happy with your Fractal Design cases, front panel seems glossy, that's like worst offence case.

[quote="Tizoc, post: 159910798"]They're afraid of nude mods, yet they do nothing against all them Idolmaster h-doujins :V[/QUOTE]

what they can do about h-doujins in your opinion? hunt all otakus down or something? (><)

A Fish Aficionado

Use Nvidia Inspector and CPU-Z to figure out which one is throttling. This is easiest with a second monitor, but playing a game in windowed might work too.
Using ThrottleStop, I can push my i7-4700MQ to max 90C, and a recent GT755M overclock test pushed it to max 90C. Unmodified temps are both around the low 80s.
I undid the overclock as imo it's not worth it, at least until I repaste everything.

will do, thanks.
My overclock was just 100 mhz over stock, so I wouldn't think it would do much. Multiplayer games improved by a lot.

Arthea

I'm pretty sure there is a bot spewing program, and [unassigned] means it ran out of names in the list while left alone.

edited: talking about bots, I still would like to know how they get around not being able to add anybody to fl while being lvl0 and why valve is doing nothing about this. Could it be that valve doesn't know either?

pahamrick

Jesus christ that thing is $500 basic!? I like the options thought but that is a bit too much.

I mean, I love it. It has all that is needed for upgrading down the line. But I don't want to look at it and it's astronomical price in my bedroom while I'm digging out change to pay for my next hooker.

Yeah. Hence the whole go crazy part. I've got a HAF 932 right now, and I like it but I wish I had gone a bit bigger the first time.

Milamber

Yeah. Hence the whole go crazy part. I've got a HAF 932 right now, and I like it but I wish I had gone a bit bigger the first time.

A HAF 932 is big already. You couldn't possibly need all that space.

Though I could see how the DVD drive bays are the main problem. You don't even need those now.

A Fish Aficionado

Though I could see how the DVD drive bays are the main problem. You don't even need those now.

USB 3.0 blu ray drives are quite cheap. I am getting on as part of my lappy build.

Alright, 11 games with St Albans, and I don't think it's gone as brilliant as I'd have liked, granted I was dealt a very shampoo hand.

Results so far, as you can see, are pretty decent in the league I suppose. That loss against Wealdstone was the team's 9th in a row. So I've definitely turned things around. 3 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses is definitely a step up from 1 win and 8 losses.

Table as it stands, the ideal situation would be get out of the relegation zone within the next 3 games, though the board are expecting mid table, which I probably shouldn't have agreed to.

Dr Dogg

Alright, 11 games with St Albans, and I don't think it's gone as brilliant as I'd have liked, granted I was dealt a very shampoo hand.

Results so far, as you can see, are pretty decent in the league I suppose. That loss against Wealdstone was the team's 9th in a row. So I've definitely turned things around. 3 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses is definitely a step up from 1 win and 8 losses.

Table as it stands, the ideal situation would be get out of the relegation zone within the next 3 games, though the board are expecting mid table, which I probably shouldn't have agreed to.

Well you're not bottom at least :p

pahamrick

It just feels a bit cramped to me when working inside, partially because of where the drive cages sit.

EDIT: That was a quick edit! :p

Yeah, the drive cages are a massive pain. I mean, I've got a DVD Burner that I haven't touched in forever, and the add-on for my Soundblaster so I can have front headphone + mic for sound card (Dislike the onboard sound of my MOBO) but otherwise they're all empty.

Messiah

Something's not right. Even an HD 7770 1GB will be able to get 40+ in framerate. But that's the original version, don't know about Director's Cut.
Oh I was talking about the original version. Apparently the directx 9 version has serious performance issues with some AMD cards. The game won't even start in direct x 10 mode for me though.

Tesseract

Banned
cwtpnEU.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Royal Defense -- MB-68BEB5DAA4AE556D - Taken by Sendou. 4 entrants total.
Space Farmers -- MB-E9767B95F3D9FA49 - Taken by tioslash. 2 entrants total.
Space Farmers #2 -- MB-937EF14B9B7FF37B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
ONE DAY for Ched -- MB-9840DB457C9CC689 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Dead Effect -- MB-8A6EC6230EB265C0 - Taken by 7Sins. 2 entrants total.
DarkBase 01 -- MB-91F9F8426CB3BDCD - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Tribloos 2 -- MB-AAC6FA8189D90DE9 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.

t1428927066z1.png

Arthea

just read that Descent is being rebooted as MOBA. They have to be kidding...
I thought MOBA craze died down when no new one was successful, but it seems that minor detail isn't stopping anyone.

baterism

They're afraid of nude mods, yet they do nothing against all them Idolmaster h-doujins :V

Meh, they just being tsundere. Or they afraid being caught having amazing attention to detail to certain parts. Certain parts that aren't going to be shown at all but account to half of polycount ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Dr Dogg

Yeah, I inherited an utter shit show, thankfully a come from behind 2-2 draw against Havant & W sees me out of the relegation zone (having played 2 games more). Everything's coming up Milhouse.

Hahaha I think no matter what lower league team you pick they always seem to perform bellow expectations. But hey who needs VN's when Footy Manager has that built right in...
Though a transfer budget of a grand is taking the piss. I might be able to buy one of Rooney's nail clippings for that.

_hekk05

Banned
just read that Descent is being rebooted as MOBA. They have to be kidding...
I thought MOBA craze died down when no new one was successful, but it seems that minor detail isn't stopping anyone.

I think they were okay-ed as projects back during the MOBA craze and they're only coming out now, too late to the party and destined to fail.

Many gaming market analysts are probably out of a job right now.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How important is RAM clockspeed? Want to upgrade right now, but, as always, the trouble is that my other parts don't support current speeds. In this case my MB only support up to 1333MHz

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GTAV hype is almost unbearable.
I haven't played a GTA game since San Andreas, and never finished that one either.

I noticed that when the LEGO sale was broken.

Im hyped for MK X instead and I wont be buying it until the Komplete Edition unless a miracle happens that I win it on mudbutt or something.

derExperte

How important is RAM clockspeed? Want to upgrade right now, but, as always, the trouble is that my other parts don't support current speeds. In this case my MB only support up to 1333MHz

Almost meaningless. I think it affects AMD CPUs a bit more but still, more RAM is better than faster RAM.

PARANO1A

So I bought DOA5LR 22% off at GMG tonight. My 360 SFxT TE arcade stick doesn't work with it... Buttons are fine but the stick itself doesn't register for movement or in menus. Not happy.

Controller works fine but not cool not having fighting sticks working with your fighting game.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Dr Dogg

That Pratt has been a bit of a pain for me. One of my main 2 strikers has been put on the shelf for 5 months now, a bit of an issue to say the least.

Well Frankie Artus is meant to be my star player according to the team report so to see him pissed wasn't exactly good news. Still got an inter-squad friendly to see how the boys perform and then see how i can wisely invest my warchest of £1k to mount our promotion charge. I'm even talking bollocks like a football manager already :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom