• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

It is as cheap at a couple of UK sites, couple of quid cheaper at some of the key sites if you are happy using them. Not sure we are allowed to link those here though

Nuuvem I noticed had the premium edition real cheap though, unless you know somewhere that has that at a comparable price? (that isn't dodgy obv)

Arthea

someone riddle me this:
there are two average Transistor completing times (I'm talking about people that finished the game, not howlongtobeat).
One is 10-14 hours, other is slightly above 40 hours, 40-45. How this can be?
I never understand how some people are able to speedrun almost every game. I thought that not exactly knowing what's ahead makes speedrun not possible.
Or 40-45 hours is for multiple playthroughs?

Milamber

someone riddle me this:
there are two average Transistor completing times (I'm talking about people that finished the game, not howlongtobeat).
I never understand how some people are able to speedrun almost every game. I thought that not exactly knowing what's ahead makes speedrun not possible.

For Transistor, it's all about play style.

Some just mash the buttons to get through it. The others spend hours in the rooms just mixing/matching the powers to get that ultimate juggle.

EDIT: or some just left the game running.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
someone riddle me this:

It must be like 5+ playthroughs to hit 40-45 hours for that game. The first playthrough was ~5 hours for most people I know. 10-14 seems reasonable for 100%ing it.

Arthea

For Transistor, it's all about play style.

Some just mash the buttons to get through it. The others spend hours in the rooms just mixing/matching the powers to get that ultimate juggle.

EDIT: or some just left the game running.

Oh, I understand that, I usually take my sweet time with taking a game apart if I like it. But still, that's not like it's a little difference, however you look at it.

It must be like 5+ playthroughs to hit 40-45 hours for that game. The first playthrough was ~5 hours for most people I know. 10-14 seems reasonable for 100%ing it.

not for me, I don't feel nowhere near the end of a game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dunno why you folks are buying MKX day one when we don't know how rotten that PC version is going to be.

If I was buying it, I would be buying it exclusively for playing with friends and MK9+Injustice were great ports perfromance wise for me and the netcode (as garbage as it was) was fine when connecting to my friends who were a state away at most.

dex3108

Ugh, you too, huh? I finally finished the game last week, and I can't believe how terrible it was. Well, not really "finished", since the last mission bugged out on me and was unfinishable, so I ended up just watching it on YouTube. I still remember a lot of the different missions from San Andreas, but less than a week after finishing IV, I'm having a hard time remembering anything really distinct about it.

You can finish last mission but you need to pause game before jump, go to Task Manager, disable all cores except one, go back to game, jump, use Space to climb, when you are in helicopter pause game again, go to Task Manager, enable all cores again, go back in game and finish it.

R* usec really cheap methods to make some missions harder. Also polic system is awful, they are constantly spawning in front of you and no matter if you break line of sight and hide they will find you.

PC Editor page is live on Social Club

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/pc/editor/myvideos

Dsyndrome

Morning, I turn 32 today on this fine Monday. On top of that, last week was 10 years on STEAM, and Saturday was 250 STEAM games (mere fractions of most folks, I know). So here's some free games and shit, hopefully doesn't pull too much away from GTA V PC day for everyone. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space 1 & 2 (Pack) -- MB-6AA80AB79A2E4124 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-2644D4D3B9372C8D - Taken by NingenJanai. 14 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-97F1703E2DCE852A - Taken by Phinor. 49 entrants total.
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow -- MB-D22C7D5616F63294 - Taken by Blu(e). 12 entrants total.

t1428940147z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Morning, I turn 32 today on this fine Monday. On top of that, last week was 10 years on STEAM, and Saturday was 250 STEAM games (mere fractions of most folks, I know). So here's some free games and shit, hopefully doesn't pull too much away from GTA V PC day for everyone. Enjoy!

happy birthday :)

mandatory:
TJhv5FD.jpg

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day and thanks for the nice giveaway! :)

Happy birthday youngling :)

Arthea

I have 14 hours according to Steam, have played through it two times and let it run for about 2 hours.
lemme ask something, while you were playing, have you used pause? Tested different skill combinations, read memos and explored thoroughly?

edited:
Happy birthday, young Dsyndrome :)

Kiru

Happy Birthday! Nice giveaway, btw =)

someone riddle me this:
14 hours seems about right. I can't imagine 40hours of Transistor.

I did all of that and beat it in 7. I think you're just slow.

^ yup

Arthea

I did all of that and beat it in 7. I think you're just slow.

I am slow, I like it slow ;)
That's why howlongtobeat never works for me. I was more worried about it taking 40 hours to 100%.

edited: I just checked, you haven't tried to 100% it, though.
I was talking about other kind of finishing.

Miguel81

Happy Birthday, Dsyndrome! I'll enter for Grim, even though I probably won't win it.

happy birthday yo <3

This is bullshit. Look at all that gore uncensored, but oh my goodness when there are breasts on the screen. Not even nipples!

I wish I could be there the day some censorship group decided that it's the nipple that makes a breast offensive. But man nipples are totally OK. You can't even get milk from those, how is that ok?

Jawmuncher

I am slow, I like it slow ;)
That's why howlongtobeat never works for me. I was more worried about it taking 40 hours to 100%.

edited: I just checked, you haven't tried to 100% it, though.
I was talking about other kind of finishing.

It takes a lot for me to bother 100% a game. I won't just do it for any game I play.

Tizoc

dunno why you folks are buying MKX day one when we don't know how rotten that PC version is going to be.

They wanna Test Their Might(tm) against the CPU, and finally achieve what they never could since the days of MK1 and 2; actually beat an MK game :p

Happy B-Day! I own the PnC/Adventure games in your giveaway, so good luck for those that enter =D

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Happy Birthday, Steam Anniversary and Game Milestone!

dex3108

Happy B-Day :D

Happy birthday sir :)

Happy birthday! That giveaway's so hot, it's likely to trigger seizures in babies with Dravet Syndrome!

I wasn't about to touch the other D syndrome with a ten-foot pole.

Deitus

Happy Birthdays, both on Earth and in Steam!

My 10 year Steam anniversary was last week as well. I only have 204 games though.

Arthea

My 10 year Steam anniversary was last week as well. I only have 204 games though.

how do you manage that? Even when all games were physical copies and there were no bundles, my game buying rate was way higher than this.
Unless you have more games not on steam

derExperte

Titan Souls review are starting to appear.

http://www.pcgamer.com/titan-souls-2/

One singular great idea is the foundation for a smart and occasionally thrilling action puzzler.

87/100

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/13/titan-souls-review

8/10

Or just go here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028254

Good to know in case we ever need a sane, responsible adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom