• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF needs to get on Pokemon Shuffle and Pokemon Rumble :O
kekekeke
Check the OT again; a few of us are around.
though admittedly I haven't posted since Saturday and I made a bunch of progress since then.
The guys at 50 hours and level 70 after just 5 days are hella intimidating to post alongside.

You guys see that new Terminator trailer?

Fuck that shit, and I actually wanted to see it before that new trailer.

There did seem to be a massive spoiler in the trailer, at least Arnie still looks like fun.

Watched it after the Antman one which ended with a with a trainwreck. Terminator Genyyyysyyys appears to be continuing the trainwreck theme.

AHA-Lambda

...What were your expectations after the first trailer? I need to watch for myself.

I know I was in the minority but after T3 and T4 I didn't think it looked that bad.

I was intrigued by the idea of retelling T1 and T2, even if the CG looked wonky and there was some definite miscasting (I hate Matt Smith, Arnie is too old and Khaleesi is a terrible Sarah Connor already) but I was at least cautiously optimistic if nothing else!

Now? Fuck that shit. Not touching it with a barge pole.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Titan Souls definitely seems like a first sale pick up from Nuuvem based off the review thread quote selection. Still gotta play Hotline Miami 2 anyways.

I know I was in the minority but after T3 and T4 I didn't think it looked that bad.

I was intrigued by the idea of retelling T1 and T2, even if the CG looked wonky and there was some definite miscasting (I hate Matt Smith, Arnie is too old and Khaleesi is a terrible Sarah Connor already) but I was at least cautiously optimistic if nothing else!

Now? Fuck that shit. Not touching it with a barge pole.

I think they tried to use every single one-liner from the previous movies.

"get out", "come with me if you want to live", "I'll be back"

...eh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dsyndrome, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Space 1 & 2 (Pack) -- MB-6AA80AB79A2E4124 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-2644D4D3B9372C8D - Taken by NingenJanai. 14 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-97F1703E2DCE852A - Taken by Phinor. 49 entrants total.
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow -- MB-D22C7D5616F63294 - Taken by Blu(e). 12 entrants total.

t1428940147z1.png

milena87

Morning, I turn 32 today on this fine Monday. On top of that, last week was 10 years on STEAM, and Saturday was 250 STEAM games (mere fractions of most folks, I know). So here's some free games and shit, hopefully doesn't pull too much away from GTA V PC day for everyone. Enjoy!

Happy Birthday and late Steam anniversary :D

And thanks a lot for the giveaway, really awesome selection!

Morning, I turn 32 today on this fine Monday. On top of that, last week was 10 years on STEAM, and Saturday was 250 STEAM games (mere fractions of most folks, I know). So here's some free games and shit, hopefully doesn't pull too much away from GTA V PC day for everyone. Enjoy!

Happy birthday!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Bluecoats: North vs South -- MB-6CF0F72A6B8A0D4B - Taken by Zeknurn
Damned Nation Reborn -- MB-EC98AFDDDA339174 - Taken by redlacs

Vlad

You can finish last mission but you need to pause game before jump, go to Task Manager, disable all cores except one, go back to game, jump, use Space to climb, when you are in helicopter pause game again, go to Task Manager, enable all cores again, go back in game and finish it.

Oh, is that all?

Even if I knew that beforehand, I wouldn't have bothered. Of course, of the four times I tried that mission,
the game didn't even let me grab onto the helicopter twice. I just did the jump off the ramp and fell into the water, failing the mission shortly afterwards
. Really a terrible note to end a terrible game on.

R* usec really cheap methods to make some missions harder. Also polic system is awful, they are constantly spawning in front of you and no matter if you break line of sight and hide they will find you.

See, I've gotta disagree there. I don't know what cheap methods you're talking about, but I never noticed anything like that. I actually really liked some things about the game. After playing through four last-gen sandbox games for the first time recently (Just Cause 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, Saints Row 3, and GTA IV), there were some things that I felt that GTA did the best out of all of them. The vehicle handling was absolutely superb. Powersliding actually took a little bit of skill, and the cars felt like the had an appropriate amount of heft to them. The game had lots of little touches that I loved (like the cell phone interference on the radio before you get a call). Hell, I thought GTA IV handled the whole "wanted level" thing the best as well. Sure, sometimes a police car would spawn in front of you, but you could always see it on the map and you could regularly just turn down a side street where the cops weren't. I liked that there was a concrete way to do it instead of "hide for a random number of seconds". You knew what search radius you had to get outside of and where the cops were, so you actually felt like you were in control of the situation.

Of course, I never did manage to make it to a 6-star wanted level. You seem to take damage a lot easier in GTA IV, and Niko takes so damn long to actually get into a car that I'd usually end up getting gunned down while I was slowly making my way into the car.

Dr Dogg

So on my daily perusal of Amazon I noticed that both Audio Technica and Beyerdynamic have dipped their toes in the 'Gaming Headset' market. My word the prices!

I have 650+ games and I'm only 22. What am I doing with my life.

Not buying enough bundles is what.

dex3108

Oh, is that all?

Even if I knew that beforehand, I wouldn't have bothered. Of course, of the four times I tried that mission,
the game didn't even let me grab onto the helicopter twice. I just did the jump off the ramp and fell into the water, failing the mission shortly afterwards
. Really a terrible note to end a terrible game on.

See, I've gotta disagree there. I don't know what cheap methods you're talking about, but I never noticed anything like that. I actually really liked some things about the game. After playing through four last-gen sandbox games for the first time recently (Just Cause 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, Saints Row 3, and GTA IV), there were some things that I felt that GTA did the best out of all of them. The vehicle handling was absolutely superb. Powersliding actually took a little bit of skill, and the cars felt like the had an appropriate amount of heft to them. The game had lots of little touches that I loved (like the cell phone interference on the radio before you get a call). Hell, I thought GTA IV handled the whole "wanted level" thing the best as well. Sure, sometimes a police car would spawn in front of you, but you could always see it on the map and you could regularly just turn down a side street where the cops weren't. I liked that there was a concrete way to do it instead of "hide for a random number of seconds". You knew what search radius you had to get outside of and where the cops were, so you actually felt like you were in control of the situation.

Of course, I never did manage to make it to a 6-star wanted level. You seem to take damage a lot easier in GTA IV, and Niko takes so damn long to actually get into a car that I'd usually end up getting gunned down while I was slowly making my way into the car.

By cheap methods i mean not be able to kill your target until that target reaches predefined spot on the map. There is no chance that enemy AI will destroy, flip or do anything with the vehicle no matter how hard it hits something or how fast it goes...

And no i can't agree that driving was good. Why? Because if i need 10 hours to master basic gameplay element that is used in many missions for me that is unacceptable. If i can wear RPG under my jacket i don't need driving to be realistic. Or at least give me option like Mafia 2 did. :D

Shadownet

Banned
BOMB NEWS GUYS!

I managed to grab a CE for MGSV, PS4 Edition, with my friend (he will grab the game plus DLC, I will grab the rest).
Shitty news, I paid this 140€ (well, real price I'll pay is 70€).

I paid 70€ for a fake arm and a bluray making of :l
I'm a huge MGS fan and even I'm not willing to pay for a half size arm.. It could have been something a lot cooler tbh.

Titan Souls definitely seems like a first sale pick up from Nuuvem based off the review thread quote selection. Still gotta play Hotline Miami 2 anyways.
The giantbomb quick look ended up selling me on the game. Plus I have 8 dollars in PSN credit which makes it an easy choice to play on the vita.

Shadownet

Banned
It's that I already missed PS3 edition back in days because here in Italy was IMPOSSIBLE find a copy even in pre-order.
Now Gamestop put a preorder for a small number of copies, so I grabbed one. I'm not a dude of CE, but I really want this one, expecially for the making of.
The MGS4 PS3 CE? That came with a blu-ray disc?

GTA IV = Done!

In short good protagonist, interesting story, most of the missions are boring, gunplay average, everything else mediocre.

In other words, 10/10. I wonder what you'll think of the GTA sidestories.

For all the praise the GTA4 DLC campaigns got, I just missed Niko - he was at least entertaining. The biker and club dude campaigns felt like Rockstar trying too hard to be edgy. (Though I guess that's their one great trait, aside from the sheer amount of money they can pour into GTA.)

Witcher 3's IQ is going to be something else by default. Probably no AF without forcing it, CDP's classic sharpening filter, chromatic aberation!
*licks lips*

At least they confirmed CA is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom