• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

By cheap methods i mean not be able to kill your target until that target reaches predefined spot on the map. There is no chance that enemy AI will destroy, flip or do anything with the vehicle no matter how hard it hits something or how fast it goes...

Oh yeah, that. I don't know if I'd call that making the mission "harder" so much as it was just making it unnecessarily longer. What dove me nuts with that sort of thing was that in some missions, you could kill the target as soon as the game told you to, in other missions they were invincible until some arbitrary point.

And no i can't agree that driving was good. Why? Because if i need 10 hours to master basic gameplay element that is used in many missions for me that is unacceptable. If i can wear RPG under my jacket i don't need driving to be realistic. Or at least give me option like Mafia 2 did. :D

Well, I guess we're just going to have to disagree there. I liked the feeling that I was actually getting better at driving the cars just due to practice, as opposed to the "driving skill" meter going up like they did it in SA. I never found the cars to be impossible to drive, it's just that when I mucked up a powerslide early on in the game I just had to make the mental note on what I did wrong and how to possibly fix it next time.

This is official material.
ID045CQ.gif

I like GoT and Clarke, but this is pathetic.

Maybe it's the gif.
But how does the CGI manage to look worse than T2's?

edit: Nevermind. Watched the 2nd Genesys trailer.

Turfster

Be glad you guys still have your fancy i5 & i7.
I'm still rocking with my amd phenom this year.

Still rocking the Phenom II X4 on the gaming system, still going strong =p

Also Serbo-Croatian lines that Niko speaks are really bad. They could hire somebody that was born here. It is my native language and every time he spoke i cringed.

This is true for pretty much everything in the US tho. It's even worse in TV series and movies where they just go "this guy looks vaguely Asian, let's have him speak Japanese", even though the guy sounds like he's never spoken it in his life =p

Fractal Design owners unite!

Present!
I've got a define R3 and a define R5

I took a nap and I was dreaming of school again

but with Life is Strange characters...

Warren wasn't there

You were Warren.
Shamalamadingdongtwist.jpg

Morning, I turn 32 today on this fine Monday. On top of that, last week was 10 years on STEAM, and Saturday was 250 STEAM games (mere fractions of most folks, I know). So here's some free games and shit, hopefully doesn't pull too much away from GTA V PC day for everyone. Enjoy!

Happy birthday.

Currently playing Remember Me and it's hard to believe this came from the same guys that made Life is Strange! The story is terrible >_<
The gameplay is average too, only thing going for it is the premise and aesthetic.

It's really unbelievable they did Life is Strange after this o_O

Watch this

Didn't MGS1 and 2 get PC ports before? Why won't Konami put them (and 3) in Steam?
Because the 1 port was done by Microsoft. Yes.

Age of Fear 2 keys now available for Groupees KissMyBundles: Horror

Huh. The Aerena Masters Edition just came out a couple months back, as I recall. I also remember that there was a whole clusterfuck with giving out keys to people who had the original game - I never applied, even though I met the conditions. Guess there wasn't a whole lot of interest.

I also got into the Not a Hero beta, so I'm looking forward to checking it out. Also NDA'd.

didamangi

Bundlestars Enigma Bundle ($1.99)
- Mystery Masters: Psycho Train Deluxe Edition
- Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
- House of 1,000 Doors: Family Secrets
- House of 1,000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition
- Nearwood &#8211; Collector&#8217;s Edition
- Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome Collector's Edition
- Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders
- Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe

For pre-loads if I leave steam (and PC on) does it automatically unlock?

No. You have to run the game to decrypt it.

Turfster

Bundlestars Enigma bundle
Price: 2$/2.30€
  • Mystery Masters: Psycho Train Deluxe
  • Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
  • House of 1000 doors: Family Secrets CE
  • House of 1000 doors: The palm of Zoroaster CE
  • Nearwood CE
  • Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE
  • Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders
  • Space Legends: At the edge of the Universe

Edit: Meh.

Gamesplanet Spring Sale
  • Risen 3 50% off
  • MGSV Ground zeroes 56% off
  • RE Revelaitons 78% off
  • Saints Row IV 75% off
  • Oblivion GOTY 67% off
  • Tropico 4 85% off
  • Dungeon Siege III 75% off
  • Company of Heroes 2 75% off
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 80% off
  • Batman Citrus GOTY 75% off
  • Goodbye Deponia 75% off

Get used to it as that might be the future of Disgaea and Prinny if the sales continue to dip. XOXO
take that back you swine! #SavethePrinnies will save NIS.
It is literally worse than Steam Beta

My favorite was when it kept trying to update my Steam install of Dragon Age Origins every time I opened it.

Huh.

all i want to do is play dragon age inquisition, i don't want to have to wait 3 minutes every day cause origin wants to just update every day, i don't even want origin installed all i want is the game :(

speaking of the game, the online mode is doodoo, played 1 match and I'll never be touching that again, thats lame as shit. which is totally fine with me, I'm happy single player was prioritized and multiplayer was just an afterthought to please the suits.

Lomax

Huh. The Aerena Masters Edition just came out a couple months back, as I recall. I also remember that there was a whole clusterfuck with giving out keys to people who had the original game - I never applied, even though I met the conditions. Guess there wasn't a whole lot of interest.

I also got into the Not a Hero beta, so I'm looking forward to checking it out. Also NDA'd.

You could probably still get a key, all you had to do was email them, it only took a couple days for them to get back to me with my key. It's actually a fairly decent game really.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
raising sim and VN with card battles? It's like they know what's not possible to resist.
... but I'm not buying new games... but it's just sound too fun to wait... but I need to finish some games... but what's if it more fun than all other games combined.
what to do, what to do, freaking what to do

Buy it and the complain about not having money like most do ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sup guys?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Red Johnsons Chronicles -- MB-A3212AC61A92FFD0 - Taken by Kifimbo
Secret of the Magic Crystals -- MB-73CB4546E139DE39 - Taken by Sendou
House of 1,000 Doors The Palm of Zoroaster -- MB-020502AAD11EF14F - Taken by chronomac
Project Night -- MB-D064340B5A4F2C34 - Taken by drakaenae
House of 1,000 Doors Family Secrets -- MB-AF2887C16CF00E86 - Taken by someguyinahat
t1cxE6r.gif
One Day For Ched -- MB-0D3CBC8730D28474 - Taken by Purkake4
Sentinel -- MB-702ABB759B37B209
Cubicity -- MB-61E6453FAB2BDCA4 - Taken by Knurek
Pineview Drive -- MB-8877E838DB810F6D - Taken by tioslash
Brink of Consciousness Dorian Gray Syndrome -- MB-3D06ACA60DF7CCE8 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-FB2BC4BB571A6144 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

MUnited83

For you.
Bundlestars Enigma Bundle ($1.99)
- Mystery Masters: Psycho Train Deluxe Edition
- Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
- House of 1,000 Doors: Family Secrets
- House of 1,000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition
- Nearwood – Collector’s Edition
- Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome Collector's Edition
- Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders
- Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe

No. You have to run the game to decrypt it.
Very nice Bundle for Hidden Object fans!

titch

Morning, I turn 32 today on this fine Monday. On top of that, last week was 10 years on STEAM, and Saturday was 250 STEAM games (mere fractions of most folks, I know). So here's some free games and shit, hopefully doesn't pull too much away from GTA V PC day for everyone. Enjoy!

HBDY nice triple you have there

Sup guys?

Sup!!

Hopefully upgrading to win 8.1 64bit!!! TONIGHT!!!

Good stuff in the weeklong sales:

Zeboyd Games bundle (Breath of Death VIII & Cthulhu Saves the World) - Great retro-throwback JRPG-styled games that bring a healthy dose of original ideas and humour to the genre. Quirky and fun, if short; well worth the price. IIRC there's a good amount of replayability to them, if so desired.
Avernum Bundle (Avernum 4, Avernum 5, Avernum 6) - These are old CRPGs that are, I think, slowly being remade by the dev. Though I haven't played them yet, Spiderweb's efforts are always great - a good mix of classical design, sharp writing, and impressive game design. Probably a couple hundred hours of game between the three.

Everything else is probably garbage and to be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom