• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGreg

Code:
Current Players 	Peak Today 	  	Game
115,392 	        115,392 	        Grand Theft Auto V

Wow! and GTA V is not even a Steamworks game! o.o

MUnited83

For you.
So.... Mortal Kombat X doesn't seem to have a single region restricted sub at all. So Russian keys are fine even for activation.

....this means Mortal Kombat X can be bought for around 20$ on legit russian sites!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So.... Mortal Kombat X doesn't seem to have a single region restricted sub at all. So Russian keys are fine even for activation.

....this means Mortal Kombat X can be bought for around 20$ on legit russian sites!

OMG I NEED FUCKING 20 USD. X_X

Code:
Current Players 	Peak Today 	  	Game
115,392 	        115,392 	        Grand Theft Auto V

Wow! and GTA V is not even a Steamworks game! o.o

It's still growing as people are still unpacking/updating the game.

6FxncVe.png

qcvKt7A.png

By the way, GTA V IS now the record owner for the non-Valve game with the most concurrent players on Steam.

I finally got myself a gaming PC, 20 years after I had got my first one. Holy hell everything runs so beautiful and smooth and bright and I think I'm gonna cry.

And the pricing on games? Man it feels good.

Grief.exe

I can't believe this just happened.

• Deleted Linux from my SSD last night to make room for GTAV.
  • Forgot that Linux's bootloader, grub, overwrites the Windows boot manager.
  • Can't boot into Windows, as the boot manager doesn't exist anymore, or Linux as it doesn't exist at all.
  • Break out my Windows USB stick...forgot I formatted it for something else.
  • Break out my Linux USB stick...download Windows 10 iso and mount to Windows USB stick.
  • Boot into Windows USB stick and repair boot manager.

Not really a big deal, but the download from Microsoft kept flucuaitng down into the KB/s at points, driving my blood pressure through the roof.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I confirmed with someone from russia

this thing seems wide open. super weird.

It's not.

Notice: Gift purchases for Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition - Pre-Purchase can only be added to the gift recipient's library if they are in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine or Uzbekistan.

I assume whoever you talked to didn't click "Purchase as a gift".

Salsa

o_O, brb, will check this out

to be clear:

it gives you the warning

Notice: Gift purchases for Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition - Pre-Purchase can only be added to the gift recipient's library if they are in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine or Uzbekistan.
Click here to review your cart

but there's a gift button and it lets you go through

Lomax

I confirmed with someone from russia

this thing seems wide open. super weird.

So wait, are you saying it's available via traders like the old days? Or just that it would be were it not for the universal lock? Because $25-$30 for the premium edition would be pretty damn tempting.

Edit: ah well. Probably best, not like I have time right now anyway. Knowing WB it will be 50% off in the summer sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
to be clear:

it gives you the warning

Click here to review your cart

but there's a gift button and it lets you go through

Being able to send a gift internationally has virtually never been an issue. Valve quickly did away with the restriction removing ineligible friends from the "Send my gift directly through Steam" list after realising that people could just get around that by sending the gift via e-mail.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, was thinking that it would be pretty strange if true :p

Anyways, the russian key thing is wide open anyways, so you can try and find a Russian to get it from sites like Buka to purchase it for you.

didamangi

I can't believe this just happened.

• Deleted Linux from my SSD last night to make room for GTAV.
  • Forgot that Linux's bootloader, grub, overwrites the Windows boot manager.
  • Can't boot into Windows, as the boot manager doesn't exist anymore, or Linux as it doesn't exist at all.
  • Break out my Windows USB stick...forgot I formatted it for something else.
  • Break out my Linux USB stick...download Windows 10 iso and mount to Windows USB stick.
  • Boot into Windows USB stick and repair boot manager.

Not really a big deal, but the download from Microsoft kept flucuaitng down into the KB/s at points, driving my blood pressure through the roof.

Just a tip for next time you want to remove Linux and restore windows boot loader the easy way.

1. Boot into windows.
2. Delete Linux partition using Disk Management.
3. Install easybcd if you're using MBR or EasyUEFi for UEFI boot and restore Windows boot loader using the EasyBCD/UEFI program.

Also a good idea to make and keep a WIndows system rescue USB/CD in hand to fix boot related issue :)

derExperte

Grand Theft Auto V might beat out Skyrim for highest concurrent count for a single player game. It's at 178,000 right now.

Stalled around 197.000. Let's see what happens tomorrow evening when EU and US are awake at the same time.

i just went back to Dark theme after a fair bit of time. it feels weird

There's a reason why most text heavy sites are black on white (and the bright theme isn't even really white), I and many others find it uncomfortable to read light text on dark background for long periods of time.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
like I said - bang-up job, Rockstar ....

I can understand not including some exotic symbols or whatever ... but not even a fucking hyphen? REALLY?!?

Locust

I can understand not including some exotic symbols or whatever ... but not even a fucking hyphen? REALLY?!?

They even used the steam news popup to alert about it, heh.
First time I've seen it being used for that. http://i.imgur.com/auM29Ff.png

The port seems pretty ace otherwise. Getting fake and gamey 60+ fps on high settings on an AMD card (7950) and a 5 year old cpu, thats unheard of. :p

We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV.

Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

LOL

Phawx

I bought GTAV at full price. Hopefully R* doesn't take 2 years to bring GTA6 to PC next time.

I took one for you guys.

Turfster

... Livestreamers have had their GTAVs stolen from them when Social Flub popped up the serial or something?
I... I can't...

I bought GTAV at full price. Hopefully R* doesn't take 2 years to bring GTA6 to PC next time.

I took one for you guys.

Bad Phawx. *sprays with the bottle*

Lomax

I took one for you guys.

Eh, thanks to the promotion they'll have fairly detailed information on how many people double dipped, so it seems likely they'll just have confirmation that waiting to release was the best way to maximize sales. But hey, if these sales are good enough, hopefully we'll eventually get RDR2, so thanks ;)

... Livestreamers have had their GTAVs stolen from them when Steam pops up the stupid Social Flub serial.
I... I can't...

Wow... that's... wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom