• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

steam | April 2015 - Orange, you glad it’s morningbus? “No.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Consumable microtransaction Fatalities? Very soon we're going to have games that essentially play themselves but for an extra fee.

Anywho GTAV surprising runs sort of for me which is a shock. I don't know how much I'm willing to play in blur-o-vision though.

Dr Dogg

yeah, I for one am in deep shock
I'm kinda afraid to believe it's true, especially PS3 part.
Aren't you worried when things sound too good to be true?

Well at least it's not a specific console timed exclusive this time around. I mean The Last Hope made some big missteps so it should all be rosy going forward right? Right!?!?!?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
damn MKX PC launch sounds like a mess

... to put it VERY lightly ;) doesn't seem like the game actually works for ANYONE ;) haven't been able to find a single actual gameplay screenshot in the community so far :p

so much for steam's streaming download ....

Arthea

Well at least it's not a specific console timed exclusive this time around. I mean The Last Hope made some big missteps so it should all be rosy going forward right? Right!?!?!?

Oh, I'm confident they learnt a thing or two from SO4 reception (><)
If this game won't deliver, SO is as dead as VP.

I actually was thinking could SE survey have something to do with it? I'm not sure how many people asked for SO, but I'm sure a lot.

Nice, Star Ocean 4 was quite good gameplay wise
Except for that hideous girl, kay

ya, the game is pleasure to play, it only needed better characters and half decent story, it could have been the game of generation, except that's it's close to impossible to 100% it. But that's tri-Ace for you, nobody expects it to be easy ;)

Anteater

i missed out on star ocean 4 and that infinite undiscovery or whatever game, I still remember Star ocean 4's amazing 1080p bullshots.

Arthea

i missed out on star ocean 4 and that infinite undiscovery or whatever game, I still remember Star ocean 4's amazing 1080p bullshots.
Actually the game looked really nice in motion, so all is forgiven. And tri-Ace is back!
What I would do for SO on PC... you better off not knowing ;)

iQqbghvl.jpg

Dr Dogg

Nice, Star Ocean 4 was quite good gameplay wise
Except for that hideous girl, kay

tri-Ace doesn't disappoint when it comes to battle systems.

Oh, I'm confident they learnt a thing or two from SO4 reception (><)
If this game won't deliver, SO is as dead as VP.

I actually was thinking could SE survey have something to do with it? I'm not sure how many people asked for SO, but I'm sure a lot.)

Well it's not on mobile so they might have got that message at least.

dID YOU read its respective thread in General Discussion?

Ooooh yes. If you see someone getting taken advantage of on the street is it ok to just walk on by and not intervene?

As I've said before, I wish I could Undiscover that game. The fucking tedious menus still bring back nightmares.

So, would you say Steamthread is taking a nappy time?

Well it certainly sprung to life upon news of more Star Ocean. Read into that what you will...

GTAV is so much more fun when it's not running at a garbage framerate and resolution, just walking around the city at night, while it's raining in first person is just incredible.

Anyone else kind of bummed that only Franklin get's the $500,000 pre-order bonus cash? I was hoping for each to get it or for it to be split.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Star Ocean 4's combat system was bloody brilliant but everything else...
...*shivers*...

Everytime I hear someone say 'kay I get the sudden urge to smash something.
That game did things to me, man. Emotional stuff.

Never liked the Star Ocean series, I gave some of them a chance but certain aspects of these games are really off-putting for me, especially the writing.

Arthea

Never liked the Star Ocean series, I gave some of them a chance but certain aspects of these games are really off-putting for me, especially the writing.

I'll never understand this, because it's not possible to understand. Writing is very small part of a game, it's no VN, how it could negate everything what's good, good being close to 80% if not more of a game.
I don't think anybody plays tri-Ace games for a story, well maybe with the exception of Valkyrie Profile games, but even that is questionable.

talking about steam, I wonder is there even a chance of us getting a late port of SO5 on steam.

Miguel81

I didn't like part 3 enough to finish it back in the PS2 days. Maybe it wasn't the best title to start the series with.

Dr Dogg

I... uhmm... ehh... yeah... Ok then, that's something.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028719

Soundtrack sure does fit that Witcher universe.

Risk of rain's mp got fixed? Awesome!

Randomly and massively off topic but have you ended up do something a little silly on GAF? I say that as you've been posting here for way over 3 months and have more than 300 posts but are still stuck as a junior. Unless the requirements have changed somewhat that strikes me as a bit odd.

Randomly and massively off topic but have you ended up do something a little silly on GAF? I say that as you've been posting here for way over 3 months and have more than 300 posts but are still stuck as a junior. Unless the requirements have changed somewhat that strikes me as a bit odd.

Well, it did take me 9 or 10 months to get approved as there was a bit of an oddity with my approval, so perhaps due to that it might be taking longer? I don't know the current or former requirements, so when it happens it'll happens!

I don't think i've done anything silly. Not yet, anyway. >_>

Dr Dogg

Well, it did take me 9 or 10 months to get approved as there was a bit of an oddity with my approval, so perhaps due to that it might be taking longer? I don't know the current or former requirements, so when it happens it'll happens!

I don't think i've done anything silly. Not yet, anyway. >_>

Oh well look at it this way, at least you can enter all those sweet juniors only ModBot giveaways.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Saw this in the GTAV OT.

I think it's safe to say even the tea boy at Rockstar owns a yacht.

makes me kinda sad, though .... this only shows them that they CAN delay the PC version of all of their games for as long as they want .... because people WILL double (and triple) dip no matter what ....

Grief.exe

My first impression on browsing the thread was Star Ocean was announced for PC.

makes me kinda sad, though .... this only shows them that they CAN delay the PC version of all of their games for as long as they want .... because people WILL double (and triple) dip no matter what ....

It's really a no win situation for the consumer.

We either don't buy the game and Rockstar's treatment of the platform is vindicated, or we buy the game and Rockstar thinks they can continue releasing an extremely late, DRM riddled port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom